Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But Luke ... man. He isn't popular, he never was popular, and his best fodder has been given out on free units and as the 4-star unlock too. Having a personal brave sword isn't enough to keep him 5-star locked either. Why is he there?

Luke literally has the lowest amount of CYL votes (216 votes) out of all of the characters who are present in Heroes (except Altina and Bramimond, who haven't ever been in CYL). Edit: Add Mirabilis at the end there too, except she'll at least be in CYL5.

His buddy (Roderick) is a close 2nd at 229 votes.

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Luke literally has the lowest amount of CYL votes (216 votes) out of all of the characters who are present in Heroes (except Altina and Bramimond, who haven't ever been in CYL). Edit: Add Mirabilis at the end there too, except she'll at least be in CYL5.

His buddy (Roderick) is a close 2nd at 229 votes.

That's an especially sort of unpopular.

IS should really manually demote certain book 1 units if they're too stingy to just demote all of them.

I don't think any 5 star exclusive will ever be demoted at this point. IS would've demoted them already if they wanted to do that, but they seem set on not allowing them to be available at lower rarities no matter how much they may not deserve their 5 star status. I don't like it, I wish Mist could be more available, as well as Luke (his lines in this game alone made me like him lol). But it isn't going to be that way... They want our money, that's all it is, and that's why we got revival banners instead. So we potentially spend money trying to get these characters rather than easily picking them up at lower rarities.

50 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Luke is an exceptionally bad case of "why the fuck is he even 5-star anymore", imo. Characters like Lyn and Lucina don't deserve 5-star rarity as units or fodder anymore, but I could see why they're still there -- because they're still popular even now. And I agree that the CYL units shouldn't be demoted, I probably wouldn't demote Sigurd and Ayra either.

But Luke ... man. He isn't popular, he never was popular, and his best fodder has been given out on free units and as the 4-star unlock too. Having a personal brave sword isn't enough to keep him 5-star locked either. Why is he there?

Wait? Why not Sigurd?! (sadness. lol)

I guess Panic Ploy was super rare at the time right? but I don't get it either.  I don't get why Mist was. and I just feel like some of these decisions were based on having more units 5* locked, where a lot of them should be demoted. it's sort of like Eyvel + Mareeta. yeah you insta-demoted Tanya. but let's be real Eyvel could have been demoted too. we can have more than 1 unit demote. 

honestly - my thing would be more akin to this:

you don't have to demote them  - but i think at this point just obliterate them from the pools period. that's including Heroes W/Banners. Just have them available on the Revival, yank year 2 out - year 2 can be on Heroes W/Banners and New/Seasonal Banners have Year 3-4 (and 5) units.

51 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That's an especially sort of unpopular.

IS should really manually demote certain book 1 units if they're too stingy to just demote all of them.

They should but I think IS is too lazy to manually demote units. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

They should but I think IS is too lazy to manually demote units. 

I really don't think that's how their priorities work.

Like Ana said, it's a matter of money. As long as they're still 5*, they can keep trying to get people to spend orbs on them. It's possible that at some point they'll decide the value of getting players excited for the increased availability is more profitable to them than that, but they don't seem eager to go for it.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

you don't have to demote them  - but i think at this point just obliterate them from the pools period.

I'd HATE it if they did this, I am so against this concept in general.

I'd be down if they started doing Book II revivals, so long as they didn't do another stupid purge and so long as they didn't stop doing the Book I revivals. The only way I'd want Book I revivals to stop is if they take a good chunk of the Book I 5-star exclusives, demote them to 3/4-star, and re-add them to the summoning pool. Honestly, they should have done that ages ago. There's a small handful of Book I characters I would probably keep as 5-star, though, those being the CYL 1 batch, the Farfatched batch, Hector, Takumi, Amelia, Sigurd, Ayra, Elincia, Nephenee, Celica, and Genny; all the others have no reason to be in the 5-star pool anymore. That'd allow them to add that small handful into a potential Book II revival strand while finally just doing what they should have done with the rest of Book I a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd HATE it if they did this, I am so against this concept in general.

I'd be down if they started doing Book II revivals, so long as they didn't do another stupid purge and so long as they didn't stop doing the Book I revivals. The only way I'd want Book I revivals to stop is if they take a good chunk of the Book I 5-star exclusives, demote them to 3/4-star, and re-add them to the summoning pool. Honestly, they should have done that ages ago. There's a small handful of Book I characters I would probably keep as 5-star, though, those being the CYL 1 batch, the Farfatched batch, Hector, Takumi, Amelia, Sigurd, Ayra, Elincia, Nephenee, Celica, and Genny; all the others have no reason to be in the 5-star pool anymore. That'd allow them to add that small handful into a potential Book II revival strand while finally just doing what they should have done with the rest of Book I a long time ago.

why would you hate it? (No seriously - i'm not being facetious here. if i missed something i'd love your two cents worth)
Like you could have Revival 1, (book 1 units whole pool)
Revival 2 (book 2 units NO book 1 units)
New Heroes/New Seasonals (Book 3 and up). 

this way if you wanted a specific hero - you could get them  - but it should make summoning on new hero/sesonal banners a lot easier to get better pity breakers (if anything). 

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why would you hate it? (No seriously - i'm not being facetious here. if i missed something i'd love your two cents worth)
Like you could have Revival 1, (book 1 units whole pool)
Revival 2 (book 2 units NO book 1 units)
New Heroes/New Seasonals (Book 3 and up). 

this way if you wanted a specific hero - you could get them  - but it should make summoning on new hero/sesonal banners a lot easier to get better pity breakers (if anything). 

Because some of us want to keep having a chance of our pity breakers being whatever old units we're still missing.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Because some of us want to keep having a chance of our pity breakers being whatever old units we're still missing.

okay. (and again. me too i flat out said there were more year 1 units i'd love for pity breakers vs. getting stuck with a lot of cruddy ones not in year 1) but then if you were missing a unit wouldn't it make more sense to just go for them on their revival, and have an easier time getting  new unit (or at least better fodder) on the new hero banners? because truthfully shouldn't the idea be more of keep the 5* pools smaller (all around) - thus getting the hero you ideally want vs. having a huge bloated pool because you might get a missing old unit? then use the revival with a higher rate up to get what you are missing?

I would go so far as to split the pools by years; for a Year 1 revival banner, the 5* off-focus pool is year 1 units, for a Year 2 revival banner, year 2 units, etc. etc.

Depending on what you’re pulling for, if you get pitybroken it’s more likely to be something similar.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Wait? Why not Sigurd?! (sadness. lol)

Well, I wouldn't be upset about Sigurd being demoted, but it's possible that IS wouldn't demote him and Ayra because they're too "good" or something. I don't know.

But I wouldn't want old units to be completely obliterated from the summoning pool either. There are quite a few characters I still haven't pulled, who just don't get enough banners in general. Still never pulled Saber, and I'd like to get at least one copy. Same with Gray.

Edited by Sunwoo

Why would anyone want those year one units demoted and added to the summoning pool? The pool is bloated enough as it is and I for one would be pissed off if suddenly my already slim chances of getting Cain as wom fodder got even slimmer and I could be getting luke at three or four star. 

Get that shit out of here, the three and four star pool needs a cleaning already, not more shit dumped in. 

Best thing they can do is keep the revival banners and/or add these units to the heroic grail shop as 4 star units or add them to a shop that works like heroic grail but uses divine codes instead and sell them as combat manuals. That way you can either summon them by being forced to play certain game modes or you can slowly add merges with codes while having to summon on revival banners to get your base copy, hoping that you get the IV asset you want.

But litterally anything but polluting the summoning pool even further.

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Why would anyone want those year one units demoted and added to the summoning pool? The pool is bloated enough as it is and I for one would be pissed off if suddenly my already slim chances of getting Cain as wom fodder got even slimmer and I could be getting luke at three or four star. 

Get that shit out of here, the three and four star pool needs a cleaning already, not more shit dumped in. 

Best thing they can do is keep the revival banners and/or add these units to the heroic grail shop as 4 star units or add them to a shop that works like heroic grail but uses divine codes instead and sell them as combat manuals. That way you can either summon them by being forced to play certain game modes or you can slowly add merges with codes while having to summon on revival banners to get your base copy, hoping that you get the IV asset you want.

But litterally anything but polluting the summoning pool even further.

i'm still mad that Emmeryn got Wom - but at 5* locked too. 
i mean. we don't even have a stave that enhances Res opening like the other openings.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I'm just against the idea in general. Unless they add some back to the regular summoning pool, it spreads units out too much across the revival banners and just makes it all seem frustrating.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Why would anyone want those year one units demoted and added to the summoning pool?

Because it's the best option and the best way to get them. As this very topic and many others have shown, TONS of people are still wanting to summon and/or merge a plethora of Book I units. Sticking them in a grail shop and limiting the way you can get a copy with IVs would be a silly move, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm just against the idea in general. Unless they add some back to the regular summoning pool, it spreads units out too much across the revival banners and just makes it all seem frustrating.

Because it's the best option and the best way to get them. As this very topic and many others have shown, TONS of people are still wanting to summon and/or merge a plethora of Book I units. Sticking them in a grail shop and limiting the way you can get a copy with IVs would be a silly move, in my opinion.

as frustrating as it may be - having them as the focus unit on their own banner is the better way to get a good copy vs hoping one pity breaks you (with a decent iv) - on a banner where you're actually just hoping to get the focus unit that you are going for and splitting. (i mean i remember when the snap first happened i was upset  - because of this - but then they did revival banners). 

i just feel - that if the new pools were smaller - it wouldn't be stupidly frustrating to try to get the heroes you want there - and if you want the older heroes, it shouldn't be that difficult to get them either.-  hence having their own banners without cluttering up heroes with banners. like. it shouldn't be that hard of a struggle to get the focus unit amidst alll the pity breakers.  and we know they aren't going to change the rates to have the focus units be a higher rate up than pity breakers so... I dunno.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It’s literally the worst idea from an objective standpoint.

- Changing the year 1 units to 3/4* units means that summoning a specific unit that you want has a lower chance than even a 3* focus unit on a 4 colour banner. Your odds are going down, especially compared to the elevated rates of revival banners. 

You chances literally become smaller.

- The pool gets polluted even more with worthless units that have no fodder. So the chances of getting useful stuff like fury or wom goes down even more.

- Collectors that only want one copy need to spend only 100 grails for a unit, which is dirt cheap, if they were made grail units.

It also means the units become f2p friendly.

- People that want to +10 a unit through grails need to play for grail for about 6 months to be able to get high merges. Which is around the same time as saving orbs for a revival banner.

- keeping the revival banner and having manuals for sale for codes means you only need to summon for the iv you want, after that it’s f2p.

There is literally no benefit to a mass demotion. 

I do not mind year one 5* units being demoted. The only fodder I might run out of any time soon are Reposition and Desperation, but I still have a decent reserve of each. I am not too worried about running out of fodder for anything else as I got loads and loads of Manuals, generally 20+ for most units in the 3*/4* pool.

It would be nice if we could get both mass demotion and using Grails/Ephemera to get extra copies. However, if I am to only choose between either demotion or using Grails/Ephemera, I would choose demotion. As a paying player, I value Orbs far less than Grails/Ephemera since Orbs are not a time gated resource. While I personally do not mind Aether Raids, and I think players should participate in the mode anyways to improve their gameplay, I am not sure it is a good idea to force players to play that mode by locking away units behind Grails.

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Other than what was said, I could see some people wanting to not see gen 1 and gen 2 pitybreakers on non-new heroes banners.

The skills thing is the biggest issue for me at least. Yes, some of them offer nothing that other 3* to 4* units, new or old, already do, but at the rate we're going, it feels like we're being drip-fed skills that should have been in the 3* to 4* summoning pool or are still 5* locked. Blue Tomebreaker is not the greatest thing ever, but it took us two years for a unit to show up with it where fortunately, Python was also the first?, albeit a non-colorless bow cavalry to enter the 4* summoning pool when he demoted. Better examples would be things like Close/Distant Def, Hone Fliers, Panic Ploy, Atk/Spd/Def/Res Ploy with Atk and Res Ploy recently entering the 3* to 4* pool with Forrest and Lena, Swift Sparrow, and Wrath along with more niche things like Def Tactics, Shield Pulse, Windsweep, and the dual stat boosts like HP/Spd 2. Some of these things you can get from grail units, but I feel like it's a waste at least until the arbitrary 20 purchase cap is removed. If that were removed, then sure, but as it stands for me, using someone like Astram for Wrath isn't worth it when Astram is at worst a mediocre unit. Not a lot of people are going to need or will get 20 copies of a grail unit, but it still sucks if that one unit has a skill that you want and you also want to merge them which adds to the cost of grails required or could end up locking you out of being able to +10 a unit because the player was not careful or their wanted skill was too good. Additionally, depending on luck or how long a player has played, 20 copies of a summonable unit might not be that farfetched. I have +20 copies of Hawkeye manuals sitting around now just for shits and giggles and M!Morgan was like a plague after he was introduced.

Distant Def is stuck in my head for some reason, so I'll run with it. Distant Def (finally being) in the 3* to 4* summoning pool through Celica, Micaiah, or Rhajat would give players a non-grail unit option to be able pick up Distant Def 4 and either Distant Guard 3 or Vengeful Fighter 3 from a spare Caineghis. Otherwise, we'd have to use an Ashnard, a Garon, or a picnic Leo where Ashnard is the only slow sword flier tank and one with built-in Iote's Shield outside of the 5* or seasonal pools, Garon is the only dragon with anti-dragon immunity outside of Sothis, and picnic Leo is the only other green mage cavalry outside of Cecilia and they share the same stat spread. Once or twice is fine, but if for whatever reason a player needs a lot of Distant Def, then yeah, it's not great when to me it feels like we have to burn grails on a skill that should be in the 3* to 4* summoning pool by now. Well, enough with that.

At this point, I feel like a permanent banner of 3* to 4* units which was suggested before and has been done in other games might be needed. I don't think they would want to comb through the current units in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, so what they could do is remove the 5*-only gen 2 and even gen 3 units from new heroes banners, remove the 5*-only gen 1 and gen 2 units from non-new heroes banners, dump all the 5*-only, non-CYL gen 1 probably excluding Hector and Takumi, and dump almost all of the 5*, non-CYL gen 2 units into this permanent banner. I say almost for the gen 2 units since there are some units they probably do not want to be easily accessible or still want to withheld like Hardin who has Bold Fighter, M!Grima who has Vengeful Fighter, Leif and Micaiah who have three default passives, sword Reinhardt because of Meisterschwert and him having three default passives, and Zelgius because of Black Luna. To make the banner less appealing, to pollute it a bit, let's also dump all the gen 1 to gen 2 non-seasonal grail units in as well. This is just me, but I feel like grail units should be summonable eventually if the 20 purchase cap stays. At least the old ones who would benefit from being able to have an asset at this point like Narcian, Michalis, and F!Robin among others. Perhaps you could argue that CYL Roy could be in this banner since he's not that much different compared to Eliwood nowadays unlike CYL Ike, CYL Lucina, and CYL Lyn being really damn good at what they do or offering much more substantial things than another Blazing Durandal unit which itself is a very good thing, but Eliwood has been in the game since launch and he got really lucky when they gave him access to Blazing Durandal.

To summarize, no 5*-only gen 1 or gen 2 units in either new heroes or non-new heroes banners, potentially no 5*-only gen 3 units in new heroes banners, and almost all 5*-only, non-CYL gen 1 and gen 2 units and non-seasonal grail units in their own separate, but permanent 3* to 4* banner. The current 3* to 4* pool is untouched and the 5* pitybreakers for non-new heroes banners are drastically cut down with gen 1 and gen 2 completely wiped out. How they organize the units the permanent banner is up to them like Ursula could be 3* and 4*, but Ike is 3*-only and Mist is 4*-only forcing the player to spend more resources, feathers and orbs, on the deemed to be stronger units; the 3* rate would be lower than 4* and having units like Ike be 3*-only means the player has to spend 2k feathers more to 5* than they would on someone else. Or they could just have everyone available as 3* to 4*. The weekly revival banners with probably the gen 2 version running parallel or alternating would still be there and along with the unit appearing on a focus banner or being one of the 5* limited Divine Codes manual would be the only means to summon them as a 5*. Otherwise, the player would have to wade through all the other 3* to 4* units in a banner without 5* units or spend grails on the applicable unit.

An unrelated thing is that I am of the extreme idea that legendary and mythic heroes should be a BST generation ahead and exempt from having their skills or even stats altered. I doubt anyone would really care if, say, legendary Ephraim suddenly came with Fortify Def 4, Joint Hone Def*, or even Sturdy Stance 3 or at least something like Smite so that his default kit is even easier to work with to fulfill Flame Siegmund's conditions. They're supposedly legendary or mythic heroes, but some of them don't look like that from the start or into the future.

* I just noticed that the joint version of Fortify Def is called Joint Hone Def and not Joint Fortify Def. That was a bit odd to see.

Edit: Here's a list of the units that I figured would be in the permanent 3* to 4* banner of former, non-CYL 5*-only gen 1 and gen 2 units and gen 1 and gen 2 grail units. I think I screwed up somewhere since gen 3 was a bit weird, so there might be some of them who were introduced during gen 3, but their unit type didn't get a BST increase. That said, I think it should be okay.

Spoiler

Red:

• Swords: Alm, Arden, Ayra, the Black Knight, witch Celica, Eldigan, Elincia, Gray, Ike, Joshua, Karel, Karla, Lene, Lloyd, Lucina, Luke, Lyn, Marisa, masked Marth, Mia, Navarre, Ryoma, Saber, Siegbert, Xander, and Zephiel.
  • Beasts: Lethe.
  • Dragons: Garon and kid Tiki.
  • Tomes: Arvis, Aversa, Canas, Celica, mage knight Eirika, Gharnef, Julius, Katarina, Leo, Lyon, and Sanaki.

Blue:

• Lances: Azura, Berkut, Camus, Clive, Finn, Hinoka, Nephenee, Quan, Shiro, Sumia, Tana, and Valter.
  • Beasts: Naesala and Panne.
  • Dragons: M!Kana and Ninian.
  • Tomes: Deirdre, Delthea, Julia, Linde, Lute, Oliver, Olwen, Saias, and Ursula.

Green:

• Axes: Ameila, Gerome, Haar, Legion, Libra, Linus, Michalis, Minerva, Narcian, and Walhart.
  • Beasts: Kaden and Ranulf.
  • Dragons: Adrift F!Corrin, F!Kana, and Myrrh.
  • Tomes: Adrift Azura, Sonya, Rhajat, and F!Robin.

Colorless:

• Beasts: Leanne.
  • Archers: Clarisse, Faye, Innes, Jamke, Nina, and fallen Takumi.
  • Daggers: Jaffar.
  • Healers: Elise, Ethlyn, Genny, Loki*, Maribelle, Mikoto, and Mist.

Excluded: Adrift Camilla (three passives), paladin Chrom (three passives), adrift M!Corrin (Null Follow-Up), Dorcas (three passives), Flora (three passives), M!Grima (Vengeful Fighter), Hardin (Bold Fighter), Hector (Distant Counter), Helbindi (three passives), Ishtar (three passives), Kjelle (Bold Fighter), Kliff (Fortress Def/Res, three passives), Laegjarn (three passives), Laevatein (Laevatein, three passives), Leif (S Drink, three passives), Lewyn (Special Spiral, three passives), Micaiah (Sacrifice, three passives), F!Morgan (three passives), Nailah (Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt), flying Nino (three passives), flying Olivia (three passives), green Olwen (prf -blade tome, three passives), Ophelia (Missiletainn), Owain (Blue Flame, three passives), sword Reinhardt (Meisterhardt, three passives), Selkie (three passives), Sigurd (Crusader's Ward, three passives), Surtr (Steady Stance 4, Surtr's Menace), Takumi (Close Counter), Tibarn (Hawk King Claw, Sturdy Impact, three passives), Yarne (three passives), Ylgr (three passives), Zelgius (Black Luna, default three passives), and the CYL1, CYL2, and seasonal grail units. All the beasts could be excluded as well even if they don't really offer anything substantial like Leanne or Panne being summonable. They're just weird since they introduced at the end of gen 2 and gen 3 was a bit weird with BST, so I don't know if some of them like Lethe and Ranulf should be here since they were introduced with Mordecai who has gen 3 melee infantry BST, but Caineghis has gen 2 melee armor BST.

Some units in the excluded and some I included you could argue for included like other than having three passives, paladin Chrom, Ishtar, flying Olivia, Ylgr, and even Olwen among others aren't really that special, Genny and Mikoto having Wrathful and Dazzling Staff, respectively, should get them excluded, or Kaden or all the beasts should be excluded. As noted before, CYL Roy could be included since he doesn't really offer anything that different that we don't have through his father.

* Loki has a prf staff, one of the rarer things in the game, and C Duel Infantry, but that's it which was why I included her.

Edited by Kaden

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

okay. (and again. me too i flat out said there were more year 1 units i'd love for pity breakers vs. getting stuck with a lot of cruddy ones not in year 1) but then if you were missing a unit wouldn't it make more sense to just go for them on their revival, and have an easier time getting  new unit (or at least better fodder) on the new hero banners? because truthfully shouldn't the idea be more of keep the 5* pools smaller (all around) - thus getting the hero you ideally want vs. having a huge bloated pool because you might get a missing old unit? then use the revival with a higher rate up to get what you are missing?

Because I don't want to spend orbs getting them. I want them to show up on their own while I'm using my orbs to get better units.

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

It’s literally the worst idea from an objective standpoint.

- Changing the year 1 units to 3/4* units means that summoning a specific unit that you want has a lower chance than even a 3* focus unit on a 4 colour banner. Your odds are going down, especially compared to the elevated rates of revival banners. 

You chances literally become smaller.

- The pool gets polluted even more with worthless units that have no fodder. So the chances of getting useful stuff like fury or wom goes down even more.

- Collectors that only want one copy need to spend only 100 grails for a unit, which is dirt cheap, if they were made grail units.

It also means the units become f2p friendly.

- People that want to +10 a unit through grails need to play for grail for about 6 months to be able to get high merges. Which is around the same time as saving orbs for a revival banner.

- keeping the revival banner and having manuals for sale for codes means you only need to summon for the iv you want, after that it’s f2p.

There is literally no benefit to a mass demotion. 

The benefit to demotions is that over time, you'll inevitably get all of the demoted units without having to try for them, then eventually get enough copies to +10 all of them, and all you're giving up in exchange is a bit of your chances of getting other demotes when you'll still eventually get more copies of all of them than you could ever use.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

July 30th is the Mythic Banner.

This means the trailer should go up either tonight or tomorrow night. In approximately 12 or 36 hours from now, respectively.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Because I don't want to spend orbs getting them. I want them to show up on their own while I'm using my orbs to get better units.

I don't know. i mean. honestly, i would like to spend my orbs on what i want.  when i'm summoning i'm not hoping for pity breakers  - i'm hoping to get the unit i want as quickly as possible, and if i have to get pity broken, it's someone with good/awesome fodder - which a huge chunk of year 2 (and i think as we've all pointed out, the majority of year 1 doesn't have). I guess in my mind if i wanted the Snap'ed unit enough - i would save some orbs to try to get a copy - vs making it harder to get the desired "better unit" - which is what having a bloated 5* pool does. and Demoting them does nothing but bloat the 3-4* pool with more units that don't have that much fodder to give. 

I guess it's an each their own here. i do see your point, sort of though. 

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

, but at the rate we're going, it feels like we're being drip-fed skills that should have been in the 3* to 4* summoning pool or are still 5* locked.

for the amount of units that get swift sparrow (or now atk/spd push etc) - you'd think by now we'd A: have swift sparrow in the summoning pool, more brazen options, push 3 (for better inheritance). 4* def smoke and res tactic, spd tactic distant and close guards, and Atk/Spd, Atk/Res rallies, solos - and more staves - simply (if anything) to make inheritance easier if nothing else. You shouldn't need 2-3 copies to give to one unit. (for goodness sakes, can we please have guard lance and sword in the pool too)