Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Today info on the update came and we had all information about the update and not only weapons, I wonder what this means for the upcoming Feh channel. Will it only talk about CYL and the anniversary?

Edited by SuperNova125

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Okay, so there are enough limited Divine Codes for us to get manuals of summer Leo, summer Linde, and one of the 4* units. I'll be able to get Echidna's ninth merge then.

Edited by Kaden

The boffins on the subreddit reckon there'll be 890 Ephemera 8 coming, which will be easily a new record. Not that it gets us any more units than last month's 800...

39 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Is an upcoming FEH channel confirmed?

Spoiler

The datamine showed some stuff about an anniversary login bonus and a BHB party, also Sothis has this whole early rerun business. So it's semi confirm that if you think about it. 

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Hide contents

The datamine showed some stuff about an anniversary login bonus and a BHB party, also Sothis has this whole early rerun business. So it's semi confirm that if you think about it. 

Spoiler

Eesh, I really hope we get GHB reruns and not just BHB's.

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I hope so too, 2020 had some amazing GHBs like Gangrel, Ashnard, Flame Emperor and Iago. A free copy of them would be appreciated. However, if I have not cleared the BHBs then its 9 free orbs. However, now that we know free orbs are coming I only care about a CYL teaser. 

42 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I would like it too. But we got GHB revivals in April for the FE 20th anniversary. I mean, there isn't anything that say we can't have GHB revivals for this event as well, but... not sure.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hide contents

I would like it too. But we got GHB revivals in April for the FE 20th anniversary. I mean, there isn't anything that say we can't have GHB revivals for this event as well, but... not sure.

I think we had two GHB revival events last year, right? One for the anniversary, one late in the year around CYL.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think we had two GHB revival events last year, right? One for the anniversary, one late in the year around CYL.

Spoiler

This is correct, we had a BHB revival party in summer too

Hey, so, I got hit with some Roy spam while looking for the remaining two RD Ike merges I need and now I have to decide between +Atk and +Spd. I'm leaning towards +Atk because this Roy's a dragon killer and most dragons are really bulky and slow. So he doesn't need any extra speed to double them much of the time. This the right idea?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, so, I got hit with some Roy spam while looking for the remaining two RD Ike merges I need and now I have to decide between +Atk and +Spd. I'm leaning towards +Atk because this Roy's a dragon killer and most dragons are really bulky and slow. So he doesn't need any extra speed to double them much of the time. This the right idea?

I actually don't think Roy can go wrong with his choice of IVs. His stat line is just that well-rounded.

Atk - good general choice, improve healing special.

Spd - if you have resplendent, his speed stat is pretty decent. QR refine makes it less important, but it helps him avoid more doubles.

Def - superboon, puts him at pretty decent mixed bulk.

Res - Specialize against dragons.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I actually don't think Roy can go wrong with his choice of IVs. His stat line is just that well-rounded.

Atk - good general choice, improve healing special.

Spd - if you have resplendent, his speed stat is pretty decent. QR refine makes it less important, but it helps him avoid more doubles.

Def - superboon, puts him at pretty decent mixed bulk.

Res - Specialize against dragons.

What? I'm talking about legendary Roy. Not regular. There's no resplendent there. And regardless, this doesn't help me decide anyway, I still have to actually choose...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What? I'm talking about legendary Roy. Not regular. There's no resplendent there. And regardless, this doesn't help me decide anyway, I still have to actually choose...

Oh, haha. I totally misread that.

I am going to say that spd is probably better for future proofing. A spd boon puts him over the 40 benchmark. Which aint bad. Yes, he's an anti-dragon unit, but he's also more than that.

But maybe get a second opinion.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

+Spd is nice, since it place him at 41 Spd. He comes with bonus doubler, and with +6 to Spd, it becomes +12, reaching 53 Spd in total. It can be nice in Close Call/Repel/Spurn builds, and he even has DC in teh weapon already.

He is going to kill dragons without problems anyway. He maybe have to double blue dragons to kill, like any falchion user, so +Spd sounds better in my opinion. Helps to not get double by Sothis, which is immune to "effect against dragons" weapons.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Oh, haha. I totally misread that.

I am going to say that spd is probably better for future proofing. A spd boon puts him over the 40 benchmark. Which aint bad. Yes, he's an anti-dragon unit, but he's also more than that.

But maybe get a second opinion.

Well, I don't plan to use him for much more than dragon-killing in modes like Arena Assault.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

+Spd is nice, since it place him at 41 Spd. He comes with bonus doubler, and with +6 to Spd, it becomes +12, reaching 53 Spd in total. It can be nice in Close Call/Repel/Spurn builds, and he even has DC in teh weapon already.

He is going to kill dragons without problems anyway. He maybe have to double blue dragons to kill, like any falchion user, so +Spd sounds better in my opinion. Helps to not get double by Sothis, which is immune to "effect against dragons" weapons.

I see. As I said above, I probably won't be using him for much other than killing dragons, but if +Spd is still the best even for that, then that's what I'll go with. I'm probably not going to have fodder for those skills you mentioned for quite some time though, and even when I do, there are recipient units I'd prioritize over Roy.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That makes sense if you only want him -- regular or legendary Roy? -- to be an anti-dragon unit, but if you want him to do other stuff, then +Spd would be a better idea. One thing to keep in mind is that Garon and Sothis negate effectiveness against dragons. Garon probably isn't a big deal as Roy likely will be able to double him. Although, Garon can become very bulky if someone were to heavily invest in his defenses.

Sothis is a different matter considering her regular self is a mythic and her winter self is the fastest armor tied with Marth & Elice and winter Nino and the fastest melee armor. Regular Sothis's Sublime Surge doesn't increase her speed, but she has 39 base neutral speed and Atk/Spd Solo 3 as her default A passive giving her 45 speed if she is not adjacent to anyone. +Spd is a superasset for regular Sothis, so add 4 to all of that; 43 when adjacent and 49 when not adjacent with her default Atk/Spd Solo. -Spd only results in 3 less points in Spd; 36 when adjacent and 42 when not adjacent with her default Atk/Spd Solo.

Winter Sothis on the other hand doesn't have Distant Counter on her Snow's Grace, but instead Spd+3 and it grants her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 if her HP is >= 50%, so with her 41 base neutral speed, she will have 44 speed at all times and 49 if her HP is >= 50%. +Spd is not a superasset for winter Sothis, so only add 3; 47 at all times and 52 when her HP is >= 50%. -Spd, though, is a superflaw, so subtract 4; 40 speed at all times and 45 when her HP is >= 50%.

Since both of them only negate effective against dragons, they are still weak to anti-infantry and anti-armor weapons, respectively. Anti-infantry is only through Poison Dagger and it probably won't cut it due to its low Mt. Anti-armor on the other hand is easier. I bet you could get away with Selena or Tobin with T-Adept to deal with winter Sothis. She's not Surtr or legendary Edelgard where you can slap Axebreaker on either of them to make them a dedicated counter against axe armors, but they should be able to get the job done with anti-armor and T-Adept.

I was wondering about that when I was typing and now I have an answer.

For legendary Roy, he has 38 base neutral speed and 41 speed with +Spd. =Spd legendary Roy would avoid a double from regular Sothis when she's adjacent to someone and will be able to double her if Human Virtue activated or if he gets any kind of speed field buff with his default Bonus Doubler and if she's not adjacent to anyone. If he does not have a speed buff and she's not adjacent to anyone or if she's +Spd, then he gets doubled. +Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs would avoid doubles from all, but when regular Sothis is +Spd and is not adjacent to anyone with her default Atk/Spd Solo to which he would just need 4 speed from somewhere like Hone Spd 1 with his default Bonus Doubler would be enough to get him out of being doubled. Against -Spd Sothis who has 36 base speed and 42 with Atk/Spd Solo 3, then at most, when her default Atk/Spd Solo is active, legendary Roy would need to have > 37 Spd to not get doubled and >= 47 to double her. Otherwise, +Spd legendary Roy would be able to double her if she's adjacent to anyone; 41 Spd - 36 Spd = 5.

Against winter Sothis, =Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs will get doubled by her regardless what her HP is at when she's =Spd as her 44 Spd minus his 38 Spd is 6. He can avoid being doubled with 2 more speed from somewhere, but if she's at >= 50% HP, then he will need to reach 45 speed, so he needs at least 7 speed somewhere and if he wants to double her, then he will need at most 54 Spd, so 16 speed which would require a +6 speed field buff which gives him an additional +6 with his default Bonus Doubler and a +4 speed from a Spur or Drive. Now, +Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs would be able to avoid getting doubled by =Spd winter Sothis when her HP is not >= 50% HP, but he will get be doubled if her HP is. In that case, he would need 4 speed to not get doubled when her HP is >= 50% and if he wants to double her, then he would need at most 13 speed. If winter Sothis is -Spd, then =Spd Roy without speed buffs would be able to avoid doubles from her when her HP is not >= 50% HP, but still gets doubled by her when her HP is >= 50% while +Spd legendary Roy avoids being doubled from her when her HP is >= 50%.

There's also the sweaty Corrins where they could probably get enough stats that effective damage might not be enough. Conveniently for them, legendary Roy doesn't have WTA against them to help him out, instead, sweaty M!Corrin has WTA over him and sweaty F!Corrin is colorless and her 43 neutral base HP allows her to Sudden Panic legendary Roy as his 39 base neutral HP is < her 43 HP - 1.

Personally, I would pick +Spd because I would like to use him to deal with other units and it would help with Dragonbind's Distant Counter where +Spd would help him avoid doubles against ranged units and possible double ones he couldn't if he were =Spd. Effective damage would just be a bonus thing to me.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That makes sense if you only want him -- regular or legendary Roy? -- to be an anti-dragon unit, but if you want him to do other stuff, then +Spd would be a better idea.

I already said legendary Roy. And I just want him to be anti-dragon. I'm not enough of a fan of him to put many valuable resources into him.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Marth & Elincia

I think you mean Marth and Elice. lol

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was wondering about that when I was typing and now I have an answer.

For legendary Roy, he has 38 base neutral speed and 41 speed with +Spd. =Spd legendary Roy would avoid a double from regular Sothis when she's adjacent to someone and will be able to double her if Human Virtue activated or if he gets any kind of speed field buff with his default Bonus Doubler and if she's not adjacent to anyone. If he does not have a speed buff and she's not adjacent to anyone or if she's +Spd, then he gets doubled. +Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs would avoid doubles from all, but when regular Sothis is +Spd and is not adjacent to anyone with her default Atk/Spd Solo to which he would just need 4 speed from somewhere like Hone Spd 1 with his default Bonus Doubler would be enough to get him out of being doubled. Against -Spd Sothis who has 36 base speed and 42 with Atk/Spd Solo 3, then at most, when her default Atk/Spd Solo is active, legendary Roy would need to have > 37 Spd to not get doubled and >= 47 to double her. Otherwise, +Spd legendary Roy would be able to double her if she's adjacent to anyone; 41 Spd - 36 Spd = 5.

Against winter Sothis, =Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs will get doubled by her regardless what her HP is at when she's =Spd as her 44 Spd minus his 38 Spd is 6. He can avoid being doubled with 2 more speed from somewhere, but if she's at >= 50% HP, then he will need to reach 45 speed, so he needs at least 7 speed somewhere and if he wants to double her, then he will need at most 54 Spd, so 16 speed which would require a +6 speed field buff which gives him an additional +6 with his default Bonus Doubler and a +4 speed from a Spur or Drive. Now, +Spd legendary Roy without any speed buffs would be able to avoid getting doubled by =Spd winter Sothis when her HP is not >= 50% HP, but he will get be doubled if her HP is. In that case, he would need 4 speed to not get doubled when her HP is >= 50% and if he wants to double her, then he would need at most 13 speed. If winter Sothis is -Spd, then =Spd Roy without speed buffs would be able to avoid doubles from her when her HP is not >= 50% HP, but still gets doubled by her when her HP is >= 50% while +Spd legendary Roy avoids being doubled from her when her HP is >= 50%.

There's also the sweaty Corrins where they could probably get enough stats that effective damage might not be enough. Conveniently for them, legendary Roy doesn't have WTA against them to help him out, instead, sweaty M!Corrin has WTA over him and sweaty F!Corrin is colorless and her 43 neutral base HP allows her to Sudden Panic legendary Roy as his 39 base neutral HP is < her 43 HP - 1.

Personally, I would pick +Spd because I would like to use him to deal with other units and it would help with Dragonbind's Distant Counter where +Spd would help him avoid doubles against ranged units and possible double ones he couldn't if he were =Spd. Effective damage would just be a bonus thing to me.

Sure, legendary Roy could get doubled by the few fast dragons that are out there, like Christmas Sothis. But that wouldn't matter if he had enough Atk to take her out in one hit which is why I was thinking +Atk would be ideal. And as I said, most dragons are bulky, Christmas Sothis included. There's a reason I use her in AR on a mixed tank team.

As I said, I only intend to use him against dragons, for the most part. So he's not going to be facing many non-dragons.

I already said legendary Roy. And I just want him to be anti-dragon. I'm not enough of a fan of him to put many valuable resources into him.

Your initial post didn't and I said I saw your next post saying which Roy as I was typing up my post.

Sure, legendary Roy could get doubled by the few fast dragons that are out there, like Christmas Sothis. But that wouldn't matter if he had enough Atk to take her out in one hit which is why I was thinking +Atk would be ideal. And as I said, most dragons are bulky, Christmas Sothis included. There's a reason I use her in AR on a mixed tank team.

As I said, I only intend to use him against dragons, for the most part. So he's not going to be facing many non-dragons.

I pointed out Garon and Sothis, regular and winter, as being dragons who negate effectiveness against dragons. Garon might not be much trouble for legendary Roy, but Sothis could. You intend to use him against dragons, but do note that there are some dragons who are immune against anti-dragon weapons and of course, there's the weapon triangle and also some things like don't get Sudden Panicked by fallen F!Corrin and that possibly effective damage might not be enough to deal with her especially when she's alone.

+Atk is more attack, especially with effective damage, but in some cases, a bit more attack isn't worth it over getting doubled or being doubled where sure, there might not be a lot of fast dragons at least in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, but they do exist and will be encountered eventually. Or because of how strong they are, the fast dragons might be more common because people summon for them.

Edited by Kaden

Been getting a ton of feathers through HM grinding, so I put a few of them to use getting Raudhrblade+ for my +10 Aversa. She stomped Hel Abyssal pretty handily, as well as Edelgard Abyssal, which I'd never gotten around to playing at all on its previous run. Summer Tana has previously been my go-to blade nuke, but with her all-around higher stats, I think Aversa will be taking over that role most of the time. Tana could still have uses if I need her lower HP, but with Aversa's better ability to just take a hit outright rather than relying on Fury damage, I think she'll do fine at getting into Desperation/Brazen/WoM range.

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I pointed out Garon and Sothis, regular and winter, as being dragons who negate effectiveness against dragons. Garon might not be much trouble for legendary Roy, but Sothis could. You intend to use him against dragons, but do note that there are some dragons who are immune against anti-dragon weapons and of course, there's the weapon triangle and also some things like don't get Sudden Panicked by fallen F!Corrin and that possibly effective damage might not be enough to deal with her especially when she's alone.

+Atk is more attack, especially with effective damage, but in some cases, a bit more attack isn't worth it over getting doubled or being doubled where sure, there might not be a lot of fast dragons at least in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, but they do exist and will be encountered eventually. Or because of how strong they are, the fast dragons might be more common because people summon for them.

I thought only regular Sothis negated dragon-effectiveness, not both her versions? Well, whatever the case, I didn't say I'd use this Roy against the dragons that can negate their usual weakness. I wouldn't do so, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wish they increase the HM cap soon. It's been almost 14 months since the last time.

it honestly doesn't feel that long since the last one (or I've been busy).

Definitely looking forward to CYL and any news surrounding it.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any Feh Channel this weekend and instead get the info about the six-months anniversary event in the Notifications... like how happened in the Golden Week this year.

I still expect a Feh Channel with CYL info. Maybe its a Channel with only CYL some days before the banner... It happened before, so it can happen again.