Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Huh. So they're offering compensation focus heroes to anyone who summoned old heroes in the Hero Fest... but they don't make it clear if that's limited to players who did it before the announcement. If we pull on it now and summon an old hero, will we still get the free one? If so, I might actually go for Bernie now.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

I guess? I didn't watch the FEH Channel and only looked at snippets of info from that interested me: the pirate banner and seeing CYL2 confirmed for the next weapon update. Apparently the even more damning thing for them is that in both the English and Japanese FEH Channel, they said the same thing, so it wasn't one of them accidentally said the wrong thing.

As for those three you got, well, you got free Death Blow 3 or Drive Atk 2, Blarserpent+, Mirror Stance 2, or Guard 3 without having to spend 20k feathers or use a grail unit, and Swift Sparrow 2 or Atk Ploy 3.

Edit: I guess that means you get two copies of Ephraim & Lyon and a Sothis?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1290203501461745664?s=19

The 3 girls were made feathers as I desperately needed some at the time and I already had manuals with all these skills. Will I still receive 2 Ephraims and a Sothis?

Also really happy IS addressed this properly. Now if we pull in the Fest more old ones we will receive more focus heroes or now that they made their announcement it's over and we better stop pulling until the maintenance? 

Edited by SuperNova125

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. So they're offering compensation focus heroes to anyone who summoned old heroes in the Hero Fest... but they don't make it clear if that's limited to players who did it before the announcement. If we pull on it now and summon an old hero, will we still get the free one? If so, I might actually go for Bernie now.

Since they did not specify, I assume it applies to everyone who summoned regardless of timing.

It basically means that the 5* rate (and by extension the 5* Focus rate) is actually quite a bit higher than stated due to the compensation Heroes.

I spent about 200 Orbs doing full pulls and got AOTB!Hector, DW!Berkut, Tana, and I ended it with a nice DM!Ephraim [+Atk, -Spd]. That means I should get an extra 2 DM!Ephraims in my Present List soon.

This is the first time that it felt good to summon pity breakers.

Doesn't quite work out like a 9.5% banner, but more like one where there's a 5% focus rate, 1.5% off-focus rate, and 1.5% SUPER DUPER MEGA FOCUS rate where you get BOGOF.

Unfortunately I only have 65 orbs right now so if I were tempted to take advantage of this offer, it's still quite likely I end up walking away with nothing. Spending down to zero isn't lethal as such as between now and when CYL4 expires I imagine getting ~250-300 orbs won't be too out of the ordinary, but still.

I'll leave my options open until near when the banner expires but strongly leaning no for now. I'm content with my +1 Neutral Duo Ephraim (I imagine any compensation one will be neutral anyway), not fussed about building up my unmerged Bernie, and I don't know what to do with my spare Nagi as it is as it seems her fodder isn't particularly suitable for anyone I use. I don't have Sothis but I'm sure she'll end up being acquired unintentionally somewhere down the line.

EDIT: I just double-checked to make sure Sothis is not a flier, and she's not, so I'm happy to stick with Tiki. Yeah, I'm not good at remembering this kind of thing these days. If she was I'd be all over it. 😛

Edited by Humanoid

The hero fest ends at the 8th or 9th of August, the orbs are distributed at the 11th and the units at the 12th. They also mentioned that they will fix it afterwards so that new players don't face the problem. So most likely we can keep summoning pitybreakers and get the corresponding units afterwards. Best time to merge Sothis. Old pitybreakers are a merge and she herself appears at 5.00 definitely better than November that she next appears. Glad they went out of their way to make up for it. At this point I don't care that much about CYL that much, I simply need to spark. Especially since if I keep summoning on red with some luck I can even +10 her possibly (+3 now). 

Edited by SuperNova125

So in the end, everyone gets 15 free orbs, and those who pulled Book 1+2 units in the Hero Fest banner get the Focus unit of the color of the off-focus you pulled. Honestly, this is probably the best way IntSys could have handled this. 

Hero Fest banner actually looks kind of tempting to pull on now since if you summon a hero that wasn't suppose to appear on the banner you get compensated with the focus hero of the same color. Would be nice for me to get Sothis and Nagi for their fodder skills but unfortunately I don't have any orbs to take advantage of the situation. The fact that all I got from my tickets was three star garbage units tells me not to bother with it either.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hero Fest banner actually looks kind of tempting to pull on now since if you summon a hero that wasn't suppose to appear on the banner you get compensated with the focus hero of the same color. Would be nice for me to get Sothis and Nagi for their fodder skills but unfortunately I don't have any orbs to take advantage of the situation. The fact that all I got from my tickets was three star garbage units tells me not to bother with it either.

yeah that was me. I am like. I can try for Bernie Merges.... or Sothis (or even Ephraim) but. tickets i got NOTHING. and honestly. if i do decide to fish i'd rather fish for Pirate!Veronica and Geese. 

Man, I've used Micaiah on my main team since she's come out but I'm considering changing her. I really like the effectiveness towards heavy/fliers and it works well with my team. I really think a dancer would do me well, in which case I could switch to Dancer Micaiah. However if I did that I'd be lacking a blue unit then. If only they made Dancer Micaiah a blue unit. I also don't remember her being nearly as good of a unit. I swear I never can get myself to really like lance units. But I don't think they could ever work with my main team anyway.

Man i am suffering from severe Old Lady Brain. I did three. three Alm/Celica clears on tiki's abyssal. go to record it. can't remember how i did ANYTHING. (and i always say i should record when i start so i can figure it out and i always forget). 

the thing is... Fallen Celica's new refine is amazing. she was tanking a good chunk of the map. i really want DC and a DR on her. (or a Stance 3 when i want her to be a wall). 

Hmm, the VG feathers just now brought me to 400k and I promised myself that I'd +10 someone when I reached that milestone. After all, my strategy initially was to keep a reserve of 200k to be able to instantly +10 Tethys or Reyson whenever I get enough copies of either of them, and spend the excess as they came in. But given that the shortlist includes Klein and Gordin (alongside Tharja and Cordelia), I suppose it would be stupid to not wait and see what Setsuna has to offer later this week. I'm not married to any of these options, it might've been fun to just leave it up to fate and an in-line poll for you guys to pick for me, but I don't see that option, oh well.

P.S. I still only have enough of either dancer candidate to bring them to +8 so there'll be some waiting yet. Hopefully the process of sparking for CYL will get me some copies. Or better yet, some freebies from the current daily banners.

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hmm, the VG feathers just now brought me to 400k and I promised myself that I'd +10 someone when I reached that milestone. After all, my strategy initially was to keep a reserve of 200k to be able to instantly +10 Tethys or Reyson whenever I get enough copies of either of them, and spend the excess as they came in. But given that the shortlist includes Klein and Gordin (alongside Tharja and Cordelia), I suppose it would be stupid to not wait and see what Setsuna has to offer later this week. I'm not married to any of these options, it might've been fun to just leave it up to fate and an in-line poll for you guys to pick for me, but I don't see that option, oh well.

P.S. I still only have enough of either dancer candidate to bring them to +8 so there'll be some waiting yet. Hopefully the process of sparking for CYL will get me some copies. Or better yet, some freebies from the current daily banners.

yeah 🙂 i'm nearly there too, so i can finish Tethys right away (RIP Kliff). and then i can do a few promotions of best IVS (+spd Eliwood and Cordelia to start) - 
I do hope Setsuna gets a nice refine. that would be really good for her. Or at least, be better than Rebecca's. 

I don't think they advertised this, but Say'ri now has English voice lines as of this update. It still has the Japanese VA for the credit, but she definitely speaks English now (if you don't have Say'ri like me, Say'ri is in Skill Studies 85 if you want to confirm it for yourself).

Bought the new FE5 and 3H music, then pretty much immediately realized I don't actually like them as much as I thought. Whoops.

I do like keeping up with FE5 music, but still, it'll take that much longer to get the remaining accessories now.

Some notes from the datamine [SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS]: 

Spoiler

We're getting daily quests up until the 17th, which suggests CYL4 will start on the 18th.

Rokkr Sieges start on the 14th and will feature Duo Idunn & Winter Fae, Serra & Lucius, and Finn and Quan.

The first map of the next set of LHBs (Jamke) will be the first to require Three Houses heroes (and it allows use of summer Dorothea if you have her). The LHBs start on the 17th.

Sigurd & Lewyn BHB will be re-run from from the 27th to Sep. 1st.

The Legendary banner runs from the 31st to Sep. 6th.

Kempf GHB will be re-run from Sep. 2nd to Sep. 8th.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
Spoiler

The first map of the next set of LHBs (Jamke) will be the first to require Three Houses heroes (and it allows use of summer Dorothea if you have her). The LHBs start on the 17th.

We need to refer to limited hero battles in a different way. I see LHB and I think legendary hero battle. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We need to refer to limited hero battles in a different way. I see LHB and I think legendary hero battle. 😕

I've seen "LMB".

Trying to look ahead and predict which games might be on New Heroes banners in the future, especially since the banners after August should start being influenced by CYL4 results. Personally I hope the next few new heroes banners end up going to Tellius, Three Houses, Genealogy's Gen 1 cast or even Tokyo Mirage Session since they could all use an opportunity for more of their characters to get added. The New Heroes banners of June, July and potentially this month has drained me of my orbs and I am hoping for banners that I can safely ignore so I can save up orbs again.

Really the only game that can threaten my orb saving plan is Echoes (also Fates but they are unlikely to get another new banner this year) since it is currently the second game behind Tellius that has gone the longest without a New Heroes banner and there are still plenty of characters from that game that I like that they could still add (Luthier, Zeke, Tatiana, even a Valentian Palla if they wanted to). Though hopefully they hold off on the next Echoes new heroes banner and dedicate some of their characters already in the game to other banners like Halloween perhaps.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Trying to look ahead and predict which games might be on New Heroes banners in the future, especially since the banners after August should start being influenced by CYL4 results. Personally I hope the next few new heroes banners end up going to Tellius, Three Houses, Genealogy's Gen 1 cast or even Tokyo Mirage Session since they could all use an opportunity for more of their characters to get added. The New Heroes banners of June, July and potentially this month has drained me of my orbs and I am hoping for banners that I can safely ignore so I can save up orbs again.

Really the only game that can threaten my orb saving plan is Echoes (also Fates but they are unlikely to get another new banner this year) since it is currently the second game behind Tellius that has gone the longest without a New Heroes banner and there are still plenty of characters from that game that I like that they could still add (Luthier, Zeke, Tatiana, even a Valentian Palla if they wanted to). Though hopefully they hold off on the next Echoes new heroes banner and dedicate some of their characters already in the game to other banners like Halloween perhaps.

FIve more months and basically five games to make a banner with. I would argue 3H's next banner might be January.