Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I can say with certainty that Eirika has my least favorite Resplendent outfit so far. Yikes.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

I feel like it'd be unnecessarily restrictive for them to always do the games that have gone longest without a banner, even if those aren't the games most in need of more representation. What happens when FE2 runs out of playable characters entirely? 

Eh, then they just get seasonals.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Interesting that they took a page out of Mirabilis' book and made her super cute rather than sexy like Peony. But I guess none of Eirika's alt focus on sex appeal, even her Santa costume was super cute. 

After this and Robin we are guaranteed to get the Nightmare Fairies attires too which makes me super happy.

Needless to say I find the New Eirika stunning, 10/10.

I believe all the people who are calling the art horrible simply can't bring themselves to like the Fairy look. It doesn't matter who the artist was, it could have been Homare, Wada, Senri Kita, Haccan, Kozaki, Ippei or Mayo and it would have met the same reaction.

I guess Fairies are the kinf of thing you either love, or hate. Just like Death Metal skeletons.

21 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Interesting that they took a page out of Mirabilis' book and made her super cute rather than sexy like Peony. But I guess none of Eirika's alt focus on sex appeal, even her Santa costume was super cute. 

After this and Robin we are guaranteed to get the Nightmare Fairies attires too which makes me super happy.

Needless to say I find the New Eirika stunning, 10/10.

I believe all the people who are calling the art horrible simply can't bring themselves to like the Fairy look. It doesn't matter who the artist was, it could have been Homare, Wada, Senri Kita, Haccan, Kozaki, Ippei or Mayo and it would have met the same reaction.

I guess Fairies are the kinf of thing you either love, or hate. Just like Death Metal skeletons.

I always found Peony leaned harder into the cute, but she's both cute and sexy.

I'm not a fan of the whole fairy thing. I could see the flower/nature thing working for very specific characters like Lyn and Olivia, but generally... no. And this was definitely a case of wasted potential for Eirika.

I'm glad that they decided to leave out the wings though. Just like I'm glad they decided to leave see through skeletons out of the Hel alts. It was a gimmick that could have very easily ruined every alt for these.

45 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I can say with certainty that Eirika has my least favorite Resplendent outfit so far. Yikes.

If seasonals count, FE2 and FE6 have both gotten banners this year.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Othin said:

If seasonals count, FE6 has gotten a banner more recently than FE7.

They most certainly do not count. Different strokes for different folks.

46 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She's certainly near the bottom. My least favorite is still Roy, because they picked the one theme with that was the LEAST thematically fitting and the least ideal for Roy's weapon color scheme. Fortunately, Roy still has a great default, same as Eirika.

I think a Resplendent tier list thread would be fun after a full year of Resplendents have passed. For me, so far it's looking like:

S Tier - Eliwood, Olwen, Linde

A Tier - Hector, Cordelia, Sanaki, Azura, Sophia

B Tier - Lyn, Ike

C Tier - Minerva, Robin

D Tier - Eirika, Roy

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

They most certainly do not count. Different strokes for different folks.

We were talking about @Fire Emblem Fan's definition of what counts, not yours. (And not mine, either, which seems to be the same as yours.)

Sounds good to me.

A Tier - Sophia

B Tier - Lyn, Cordelia, Ike, Eliwood, Minerva

C Tier - Hector, Sanaki, Roy, Linde, Olwen

D Tier - Azura, Robin, Eirika

P.S. Now that I've seen Eirika's attacking art, it's nowhere near as horrific as her neutral art. The damaged art looks pretty poor to me too though, so I stand by my rating.

P.P.S. On a completely different note, I am slightly irritated to find out that AR auto-dispatch victories don't count as victories for the purposes of the monthly quests. Yeah, I know it's just three stamina pots and three duelling swords, but it's more that now those quests won't be complete until near the end of each month since I'm now just doing two manual battles (alongside the three auto-dispatches) each week.

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

If seasonals count, FE2 and FE6 have both gotten banners this year.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

We were talking about @Fire Emblem Fan's definition of what counts, not yours. (And not mine, either, which seems to be the same as yours.)

What? I feel like this is getting twisted into something else entirely. I was specifically responding to your question about what would happen once FE2 has no more characters left for New Hero banners. I wasn't talking about anything that "counts."

34 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think a Resplendent tier list thread would be fun after a full year of Resplendents have passed. For me, so far it's looking like:

S Tier - Eliwood, Olwen, Linde

A Tier - Hector, Cordelia, Sanaki, Azura, Sophia

B Tier - Lyn, Ike

C Tier - Minerva, Robin

D Tier - Eirika, Roy

For me, I think it'd go:

S Tier - Lyn, Eliwood 

A Tier - Ike, Olwen, Sanaki, Sophia

B Tier - Linde, Azura, Roy, Hector

C Tier - Minerva, Robin, Cordelia 

D Tier - Eirika

Huh, it always slips my mind that Resplendents even have new voice lines, I always think it's just an art thing. Mind you, I only ever hear voice lines in the YouTube trailers so it's a non-factor in terms of how appealing a unit it.

My order of Resplendents so far:

SUPER GREAT! - Sophia, Eliwood, Eirika

VERY GOOD! - Roy, Sanaki, Ike, Olwen

NOT BAD! - Robin, Hector, Cordelia

WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE THAT? - Azura, Lyn, Linde, Minerva

46 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Huh, it always slips my mind that Resplendents even have new voice lines, I always think it's just an art thing. Mind you, I only ever hear voice lines in the YouTube trailers so it's a non-factor in terms of how appealing a unit it.

Yeah and in the case of Sanaki and Olwen, it overwrites their old English VA (Erin Fitzgerald) for their current ones (Sara Beth and Tara Sands respectively). However, Resplendents don't get new text dialogue which can potentially lead to awkwardness like here with Linde:

Linde: "This robe is precious to me. It was a gift from my late father."

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What? I feel like this is getting twisted into something else entirely. I was specifically responding to your question about what would happen once FE2 has no more characters left for New Hero banners. I wasn't talking about anything that "counts."

For me, I think it'd go:

S Tier - Lyn, Eliwood 

A Tier - Ike, Olwen, Sanaki, Sophia

B Tier - Linde, Azura, Roy, Hector

C Tier - Minerva, Robin, Cordelia 

D Tier - Eirika

My question was based on your insistence that they should keep cycling through them in order. If seasonals don't count, then you're saying they should keep doing games like FE2 and FE13 at the same rate as other games, until they're completely drained, then just immediately drop from full speed to zero, rather than gradually slowing down the game's banner rate as its roster runs low. 

I think it makes much more sense for games to have their banner frequency change based on how many significant characters they have left, so some can come back sooner than others if they have more need for it. Which, I think, is basically how they've been handling it already. Although of course there's plenty of room for subjectivity in determining what's significant. 

I like Eirika but I'm not really of fan of this resplendent art, probably my least favorite along with Robin and Roy. Her face and eyes look off to me plus I never really was a fan of the fairies or their outfits.

As for my favorite Resplendent arts so far it's still Eliwood, Cordelia and Linde (funny enough all my favorites all decided to dress up in Askr garb).

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

My question was based on your insistence that they should keep cycling through them in order. If seasonals don't count, then you're saying they should keep doing games like FE2 and FE13 at the same rate as other games, until they're completely drained, then just immediately drop from full speed to zero, rather than gradually slowing down the game's banner rate as its roster runs low. 

I wasn't insisting anything. I was just stating a personal desire: Those games have gone the longest time without a banner, so I'd like them to be next. The big reason for that (aside from the stated face value) is that, if those games were to get a Book IV banner, then every game in the franchise would be included in Book IV, something I don't think has happened before in the previous Books. That was all, I'm not insisting upon anything and I'm absolutely okay with them *not* cycling through games in a certain order. I'm certainly not gonna cry if the next NH banner revisits FE7.

I'm still not sure what "seasonals count/don't count" is supposed to mean.

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wasn't insisting anything. I was just stating a personal desire: Those games have gone the longest time without a banner, so I'd like them to be next. The big reason for that (aside from the stated face value) is that, if those games were to get a Book IV banner, then every game in the franchise would be included in Book IV, something I don't think has happened before in the previous Books. That was all, I'm not insisting upon anything and I'm absolutely okay with them *not* cycling through games in a certain order. I'm certainly not gonna cry if the next NH banner revisits FE7.

I'm still not sure what "seasonals count/don't count" is supposed to mean.

Fair enough. I do think "give all the games New Heroes banners over the course of Book 4" would be cool, although doing both FE9 and FE10 in the remaining time would be a bit extreme.

What I meant by seasonals counting was, you brought up seasonals when I asked how your "do the games that have gone the longest without a banner" approach would handle games that have run out of playable characters, so I was like wait, if seasonals are relevant to how you're measuring the longest times, there's gonna be some weird results.

Yeah, I think I can do without a Binding Blade NH banner this year when it got two last year (and didn’t have the excuse of filling out the beast roster or the Three Houses roster). Other games (mainly the ones that weren’t present in FEH at launch) need the representation more anyways.

... I just hope IS doesn't decide to lock the fairy resplendent alts to only the female characters. That would be colossally stupid, considering that Freyr shows that they don't have to be exclusively female.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what they chose to do.

54 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... I just hope IS doesn't decide to lock the fairy resplendent alts to only the female characters. That would be colossally stupid, considering that Freyr shows that they don't have to be exclusively female.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what they chose to do.

I disagree. Mostly. The fairy look is just too girly for most males in this series to look good in. Even Freyr looks rather feminine. I can only see someone like Lucius or Libra or any other feminine looking dude wearing that. Forrest would be the best option, but he's far too recent right now.

Any other guys would just look like they're trying to be a drag queen.

That said, all the hate in this thread for fairies really disappoints me. The fairies are my favorite aesthetic in this game. Their outfits are so colorful and gorgeous. I will never understand the hate. I'm salty that IS had to put a pretty fairy outfit on a character I hate... Hopefully Elincia eventually gets a fairy resplendent. I'd love it if they didn't exclude some false wings though. That's the only thing that bugs me.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Mostly. The fairy look is just too girly for most males in this series to look good in. Even Freyr looks rather feminine. I can only see someone like Lucius or Libra or any other feminine looking dude wearing that. Forrest would be the best option, but he's far too recent right now.

Any other guys would just look like they're trying to be a drag queen.

That said, all the hate in this thread for fairies really disappoints me. The fairies are my favorite aesthetic in this game. Their outfits are so colorful and gorgeous. I will never understand the hate. I'm salty that IS had to put a pretty fairy outfit on a character I hate... Hopefully Elincia eventually gets a fairy resplendent. I'd love it if they didn't exclude some false wings though. That's the only thing that bugs me.

This is exactly why we need to get dudes in fairy attire. While I don't have an issue with other people liking fairies and the overall cutesy look, I hate the fact that we have so many fairies and only one dude fairy, making the fairies overall a WAY too feminine vibe that none of the other worlds Heroes has explored has. I think that it's a problem that the fairy look is considered "too girly" and that only "girly-looking dudes" would look good wearing it. A guy wearing fairy garb should be taken seriously just as a guy wearing Muspell garb or Hel garb or whatever is. Any male character should be able to rock the fairy outfit as long as it's designed with them in mind and it's not literally Peony's outfit recolored with no other changes.

Also, this is more personal but I think the reason I don't like putting Eirika in the fairy outfit is because I don't really feel that it suits her. Eirika is a frontline fighter who leads an army in her route. And yes, while she's polite and feminine she also would put you down into the ground if she had to. Eirika's pretty analogous to Eliwood, in which they're both gentle and diplomatic nobles who hate fighting but will do so if it brings peace to their worlds. And they stand on the frontlines and fight alongside their troops despite their dislike of fighting. If Eirika were canonically a mage or a healer or a support unit, the fairy outfit would probably work on her despite my distaste for it, but it's a poor choice for a frontline fighter. It's bright and flashy and gaudy and has decorative wings. It'd work well on a dancer type, because dancers would want to wear something attention-catching, and it'd probably work well on mages. A dark fairy outfit might be a straight upgrade for someone like Tharja, depending on how they designed it. But I don't think it's a good choice for a frontline fighter.

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

A dark fairy outfit might be a straight upgrade for someone like Tharja, depending on how they designed it.

I can see Tharja as a dokkálfr Resplendent Hero. Would fit her with something like Triandra's attire. Camila could be one as well, with something like Plumeria's attire

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eirika is a frontline fighter who leads an army in her route.

I get what you're trying to say, but a melee unit as fragile as her (at least back in FE8 itself) has no business being on the front lines unless you're looking to get her killed. Plus, that's not even her intended role anyways. Her true destiny is to sit in Seth's back pocket (or cower in a corner) as he slaughters the entire game.