Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Well this kind of sucks. The tips and tricks video about Claude and Lysithea was removed because the narrator was an idiot and got the description for the latter's weapon wrong. Something that could've been helpful to players is gone now because of this guy's dumb mistake.

I liked watching these videos because of the ideas you could get from them. I hadn't yet watched this one and now I can't and I would've liked to see the tips on Claude. 😕

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well this kind of sucks. The tips and tricks video about Claude and Lysithea was removed because the narrator was an idiot and got the description for the latter's weapon wrong. Something that could've been helpful to players is gone now because of this guy's dumb mistake.

I liked watching these videos because of the ideas you could get from them. I hadn't yet watched this one and now I can't and I would've liked to see the tips on Claude. 😕

That's a shame wanted to hear what they had to comment on Claude as a unit. 

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

The restrictions for the rest of the Limited Hero Battles are:

Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn vs. M!Corrin & Azura; no dancers
Shadow Dragon & [New] Mystery of the Emblem vs. Garon; 1 dancer
Sacred Stones vs. Chrom & Lissa; no dancers
Awakening vs. Legendary Lucina; 1 dancer

So good news, the next Hall of Forms lineup has a grail unit!

Spoiler

....but it's Oliver. The rest of the lineup is dancer Micaiah, dancer Elincia and Halloween Mia. The armor heavy lineups of previous Hall of Forms aren't looking so bad now, huh?

Super boons and banes for the new arrivals:

Edelgard: Def for boon; Atk, Spd for banes
Dimitri: Atk, Def for boons; HP, Res for banes
Claude: Spd, Res for boons; no banes
Lysithea: Atk, Spd for boons; HP for bane
Jorge: no boons; Spd, Res for banes

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That's a huge shame, but let's not jump the gun on blaming or insulting the Narrator over this. He was more likely given a wrong script to read.

I do hope they eventually re-do the video.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

basically the tip was. he can go in kill, and your team mate gets him out of the way,, remember that he's fragile. and he heals a lot with moonbow. 

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

....but it's Oliver. The rest of the lineup is dancer Micaiah, dancer Elincia and Halloween Mia. The armor heavy lineups of previous Hall of Forms aren't looking so bad now, huh?

Spoiler

Glad Dimitri has a Def superboon, planning on utilising it. Edelgard not having a res superboon is a bummer. 47 def at neutral is interesting however, on the other hand +Res might be more consistent. I totally didn't expect Claude to have +Spd and Lysethia +Atk/Spd. 

Seriously, what are they trying to accomplish with these HoF setups. Two dancers with one being barely able to attack, Oliver and H.Mia. I can barely get to chamber 20 for the orbs with the bad skill and unit selections. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The narrator, Matthew, is one of main translators on FEH, though whoever put together the script could have been any one of the other Treehouse members that work alongside him. Mistakes happen. Matthew, however, also helps run the Twitter account, which makes the situation curious -- he probably was rewatching it as it was uploaded and, being the super FEH fan that he is, noticed that what he was saying was going in contradiction to what he already knows about Lysithea's weapon.

Edited by SockPuppet

I thought the Dragonflowers cap increase would be in September. I didn't watch the FEH Channel completely -- just skimmed parts of it and on mute at times. Apparently, everyone except the new units had their cap raised by 5. Well, CYL Claude can only be given 5 Dragonflowers. That was surprising. Promptly gave 5 more to Clair and Echidna. Eleonora, Eliwood, regular Mareeta, and Selkie I'm going to hold off on. Should probably give some Dragonflowers to an armor unit by this point. Duma I guess because of Anima defense?

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Jave said:

That's a huge shame, but let's not jump the gun on blaming or insulting the Narrator over this. He was more likely given a wrong script to read.

I do hope they eventually re-do the video.

Actually, yeah, that does seem to be the case, because the Japanese version was removed too.

And yes, I hope so.

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

basically the tip was. he can go in kill, and your team mate gets him out of the way,, remember that he's fragile. and he heals a lot with moonbow. 

Ah, I see, thanks.

4 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

The narrator, Matthew, is one of main translators on FEH, though whoever put together the script could have been any one of the other Treehouse members that work alongside him. Mistakes happen. Matthew, however, also helps run the Twitter account, which makes the situation curious -- he probably was rewatching it as it was uploaded and, being the super FEH fan that he is, noticed that what he was saying was going in contradiction to what he already knows about Lysithea's weapon.

Well, turns out it's a mistake on the Japanese side. That video was removed too. So nobody in the localization is to blame here. For once (I generally agree with Ice Dragon when he says they are incompetent a lot).

The BST creep has been so obscene that Jorge, a ranged unit, now has the same BST as Astram - a melee infantry that was part of the Book 3 infantry stat boost.

Also, think of the absurdity that duel skills, which were introduced to give low BST units comparable scoring to the highest BST units, are no longer capable of doing that.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The BST creep has been so obscene that Jorge, a ranged unit, now has the same BST as Astram - a melee infantry that was part of the Book 3 infantry stat boost.

Also, think of the absurdity that duel skills, which were introduced to give low BST units comparable scoring to the highest BST units, are no longer capable of doing that.

Which is probably why they haven't made more duel skills lately. Wonder if they'll make Duel 4 skills sometime. 

Personally, what's weirdest to me is that we're getting infantry units with higher BST than launch armors. 

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Which is probably why they haven't made more duel skills lately. Wonder if they'll make Duel 4 skills sometime. 

Personally, what's weirdest to me is that we're getting infantry units with higher BST than launch armors. 

I think they should change existing duel skills to match their current bst targets rather than making tier 4's.

Also, they've released a unit with a duel skill as recently as Peony. Meaning that they are distributing this skill that was already unfit for purpose at the time, and even more so now.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

10 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Can someone send me the prediction image of the nexts mythic/legendary heroes banner? Showing what Will return in the next months. Please

Here you go:

Spoiler

q9971u6cj0e51.png

Sothis will come back on the November banner.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

q9971u6cj0e51.png

Sothis will come back on the November banner.

Thank you, also, i have a question, what is the best male swordmaster character tô invest? (The grail ones) To put astra and distant counter, right now i only have Navarre and Lon'qu

I didn't expect the flower update to arrive today. For infantries I began by giving best chicken 2 more flowers and she stands at 12. For fliers I gave Hel her 3rd one so it will be some time before she goes to 10. Cavalries are in a weird spot as Eliwood could use 5 more however Cecilia is just being built and is at 2 so I am waiting. My armors mostly are done up until 4 flowers so I decided to finish L.Ed completely by slowly giving her 9 to go along the with the mango she will receive and after completed B.Ed will go up until 4. 

Also does anyone know the amount of f2p orbs we will get until the end banner ends? I currently am at 1 after today's session so I want to learn how more will I summon in CYL. 

Edited by SuperNova125

14 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Oh god the battle against Lucina is gonna suck. My Awakening Roster is not really stellar by any definition lol

20 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There's no difference between losing the speed check by 10 or 50, so you might as well use a unit like Legendary Leif.

There is no difference between losing 10 or 50 Spd against a few individual units that is super fast, but not every unit is super fast. BH!Lyn can still quad attack a lot of units.

The point of using a raw damage nuke is to kill as many different types of enemies as possible. It is not about killing only a subset of units. If there is a type of unit that a raw damage nuke cannot deal with, then the player can use a different type of raw damage nuke or a completely different type of nuke to deal with it.

Fast Brake nukes straddles a niche between slow Brave nukes and regular Desperation nukes. Slow Braves are more for targeting fast, medium bulk enemies that regular Desperation nukes have troubles doubling and cannot one shot. Regular Desperation nukes are designed to cut through higher bulk enemies. Fast Braves are meant to do a little bit of both, as they will try to take out any enemy with two hits if they cannot quad, and they will try to overwhelm slower, higher bulk enemies with quad attacks.

20 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Phantom Spd is not the only way to manage the few extra points of speed. Debuffs/Panic etc. exist, for both sides but it's easier for a player phase team to work around them.

If we are factoring in debuffs like Chills and Sabotages into the equation, then Brave Bow can make use of that Spd/Def debuffs far better than Mulagir can. For each point in Atk a player can give a unit, a regular unit can only increase their damage output by 2 points if they double. For Brave nukes though, every point in Atk you give them will increase their damage output by 4 points if they quad attack.

When stat boosts are low (e.g.: Fury with Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal) and debuffs are also low or non existent, Mulagir can compete with Brave Bow. But as the unit switches to stronger and stronger A skills and Sacred Seals, Brave Bow's ability to quad attack will offset the lower damage per hit with more hits. With top of the line investment, Brave Bow will outcompete most exclusive bows.

To illustrate the principle with math, regular Weapons can be summarized as:

[Damage Output] = 2 * [Hit]

For Brave Weapons, it can be summarized as:

[Damage Output] = 4 * ( [Hit] - 7 )

As players boost damage per hit with stronger and stronger A skills, Sacred Seals, debuffs, and other forms of stat manipulation, the damage output of Brave Weapons rises faster than the damage output of regular Weapons. At a certain point, Brave Weapons will out damage regular Weapons.

6 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also does anyone know the amount of f2p orbs we will get until the end banner ends? I currently am at 1 after today's session so I want to learn how more will I summon in CYL. 

Plenty of guesswork involved as it's so far out, but according to this, about 130-140.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

There is no difference between losing 10 or 50 Spd against a few individual units that is super fast,

That is the specific context we are talking about.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

The point of using a raw damage nuke is to kill as many different types of enemies as possible. It is not about killing only a subset of units. If there is a type of unit that a raw damage nuke cannot deal with, then the player can use a different type of raw damage nuke or a completely different type of nuke to deal with it.

That is why I am taking the best performing nuke, noting what type of units they cannot deal with, and comparing the performance of other nukes against those units.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Fast Brake nukes straddles a niche between slow Brave nukes and regular Desperation nukes. Slow Braves are more for targeting fast, medium bulk enemies that regular Desperation nukes have troubles doubling and cannot one shot. Regular Desperation nukes are designed to cut through higher bulk enemies. Fast Braves are meant to do a little bit of both, as they will try to take out any enemy with two hits if they cannot quad, and they will try to overwhelm slower, higher bulk enemies with quad attacks.

Slow brave and fast brave units tend to have trouble with higher bulk enemies. They don't complement each other as well as a slow Brave and a non-Brave nuke do.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

That is the specific context we are talking about.

But whether a player uses UOT!Leif has no bearing on whether BH!Lyn should use Mulagir or Brave Bow.

Just because Tharja completely outclasses Raigh on player phase does not mean Raigh should use his weak exclusive tome if they want to use Raigh as a player phase nuke.

BH!Lyn should still use Brave Bow over Mulagir regardless of how well other player phase nukes perform, since this is not about whether a player should use one unit over another, but it is about whether a unit should use Brave Bow over their exclusive Weapon.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Slow brave and fast brave units tend to have trouble with higher bulk enemies. They don't complement each other as well as a slow Brave and a non-Brave nuke do.

They can still compliment each other if the target different bulk and have different Weapon range, although I do agree that it is best to use a different type of raw damage nuke.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Plenty of guesswork involved as it's so far out, but according to this, about 130-140.

Thanks for the answer. I will stand at 131 if I am not mistaken. Hopefully I get an Edelgard with these orbs. Afterwards I unfortunately must pull in the September mythic banner and get at least 1 copy of the new Astra mythic (if a dancer 2) to save Astra offence and then in October I must merge Hel. Afterwards I can start saving up for the anniversary especially since CYL might appear as a hero fest.