Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, now I'm still unsure. Because one person here says +Atk but the other says +Spd. Hm...

Are you going to invest in Tiki or not, because if she’s just going to be an Arena Assault Dragon counter, +atk. For heavy. Skill investment +spd. 

Nature often depends on what you are going to use the unit for.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Are you going to invest in Tiki or not, because if she’s just going to be an Arena Assault Dragon counter, +atk. For heavy. Skill investment +spd. 

Nature often depends on what you are going to use the unit for.

I'm not sure what I'd mainly use her for, tbh... Maybe AR defense? I've seen her on some defense teams there before.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure what I'd mainly use her for, tbh... Maybe AR defense? I've seen her on some defense teams there before.

Armoured dragons suck on defense because of double weakness, especially with Naga in Astra. 

Armours on defense also need to be +10 to actually be useful since they rely on all stats.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Armoured dragons suck on defense because of double weakness, especially with Naga in Astra. 

Armours on defense also need to be +10 to actually be useful since they rely on all stats.

Then why do I have so much trouble against them, actually? Fallen Tiki and Fallen female Corrin in particular I would have trouble with. Bunny Idunn and Fae are rather annoying too. And isn't Naga actually not that good a mythic?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do I have so much trouble against them, actually? Fallen Tiki and Fallen female Corrin in particular I would have trouble with. Bunny Idunn and Fae are rather annoying too. And isn't Naga actually not that good a mythic?

Because you don’t build different teams to tackle different kinds of AR maps (you said a short while ago you have pretty much one team for Ar)  and you also try to tank them with EP units which is a bad idea. Especially since they target res and not def so Silas and Freddy are easy pickings. Ironically Frederick is good vs Tiki with his Prf.

and yeah, Naga sucks, but she can turn any units into a dragon effective unit with her C skill. So she still has value.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If you're not running units with dragon-effective weapons, a dragon weakness is irrelevant.

Naga is not particularly good, but since there's still only two Astra mythics available, anyone who has her will want to deploy her in pretty much 100% of their Astra battles just because there's no better option.

Having Brave Eliwood, Naga, and Soiree Reinhardt on my astra team helps me take out armored dragons a lot. Naga herself often can't do much, but Reinhardt with her divine fang blessing totally can. Also, now that I have Brave Claude on my team, I have a second ranged unit who hits the opposite defensive stat as Reinhardt.

Also, my team is +0. I'm not going to say I'm the best AR player (far from it, actually) but my team works for the most part.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would not put her on defense unless you are absolutely sure you know why she was put there on that defense map. Most players do not have the resources nor the know how to make a good armor defense team, so I would stay away from using armor units on defense. Duma is an exception since he reduces Lift loss so you have to use him if he is your only Anima Mythic (so you still want to avoid using him if you have two Thrasirs or some other Anima Mythics), and ANF!Edelgard might be okay since she has decent mobility, but I would stay away from using armor units in general on defense unless you know what you are doing.

Personally, I would just go with +Spd. She can still one shot most dragons anyways, and +Spd lets her double any that she could not kill in one shot. +Spd gives her the best enemy phase and dual phase performance.

+Atk is not bad, but we have a crap ton of dragon slaying Weapons already, so I am not sure if you really need another dedicated counter. Dark and Anima Blessings are cheap, so I would just slap that onto Marth, Chrom, and A!Tiki if you really want a lot of dragon counters. I also would not turn her into a Counter-Vantage unit since she lacks the super high Atk that others have, and the skill required to compensate for low Atk on Counter-Vantage units is not something that can be easily picked up in a day or two. And at least based on my experience of using Kronya, using low Atk Counter-Vantage unit requires almost constant daily practice, and for best results, I have to warm up with Mock Battle first before I do the actual Aether Raids battle to clear out my mind and to focus.

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not put her on defense unless you are absolutely sure you know why she was put there on that defense map. Most players do not have the resources nor the know how to make a good armor defense team, so I would stay away from using armor units on defense. Duma is an exception since he reduces Lift loss so you have to use him if he is your only Anima Mythic (so you still want to avoid using him if you have two Thrasirs or some other Anima Mythics), and ANF!Edelgard might be okay since she has decent mobility, but I would stay away from using armor units in general on defense unless you know what you are doing.

Personally, I would just go with +Spd. She can still one shot most dragons anyways, and +Spd lets her double any that she could not kill in one shot. +Spd gives her the best enemy phase and dual phase performance.

+Atk is not bad, but we have a crap ton of dragon slaying Weapons already, so I am not sure if you really need another dedicated counter. Dark and Anima Blessings are cheap, so I would just slap that onto Marth, Chrom, and A!Tiki if you really want a lot of dragon counters. I also would not turn her into a Counter-Vantage unit since she lacks the super high Atk that others have, and the skill required to compensate for low Atk on Counter-Vantage units is not something that can be easily picked up in a day or two. And at least based on my experience of using Kronya, using low Atk Counter-Vantage unit requires almost constant daily practice, and for best results, I have to warm up with Mock Battle first before I do the actual Aether Raids battle to clear out my mind and to focus.

Well, I guess I'll go +Spd then. I've already got good dragon counters in legendary Marth, Brave Alm, horse Chrom, etc. and then the one use my dancer Elincia still has is countering the blue dragons that those Falchion boys cannot.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So, quick help question. +Atk or +Spd for Fallen Tiki? I free pulled one the other day that's +Spd and my current one is +Atk.

I second +Spd. Effective damage against dragons is common enough of an effect that it's not all that important to build for it, whereas her relatively high Spd for an armor is harder to come by. She also comes with Special Fighter by default, which benefits more from boosting Spd to give you a better chance to double.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And isn't Naga actually not that good a mythic?

Naga is a decent support unit, but isn't particularly great at combat due to her low Atk stat. She shares a season with Duma, which at least allows her C skill to be moderately useful in killing him.

She's also a point stick, so you may as well use her, hence why dragons are kind of crummy on Astra/Anima defense..

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I second +Spd. Effective damage against dragons is common enough of an effect that it's not all that important to build for it, whereas her relatively high Spd for an armor is harder to come by. She also comes with Special Fighter by default, which benefits more from boosting Spd to give you a better chance to double.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too when I brought up my go-to dragon killers.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Naga is a decent support unit, but isn't particularly great at combat due to her low Atk stat. She shares a season with Duma, which at least allows her C skill to be moderately useful in killing him.

She's also a point stick, so you may as well use her, hence why dragons are kind of crummy on Astra/Anima defense..

True, she has been helpful in killing dragons, actually. And I can just give Fallen Tiki a Dark blessing then and use her during Light/Dark season.

So, in this update they decided that they wanted to change Ulster (Ayra's son, Larcei's brother) to Scathach (accent over the first a) in the English script. You can check Larcei's description if you want to confirm this for yourself.

Meanwhile, Say'ri's English voice credit has still not been changed from the Japanese VA despite Say'ri speaking English now. The dev team has rather strange priorities.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, in this update they decided that they wanted to change Ulster (Ayra's son, Larcei's brother) to Scathach (accent over the first a) in the English script. You can check Larcei's description if you want to confirm this for yourself.

So they're going back to the Japanese name and not a replacement invented because spelling and pronunciation issues. Odd timing for it, but as long as they do all their flipping before 4 Remake could this be evidence of that?, it's fine.

Going back to Scathach is going to make think of this when I think of him again:

699?cb=20190328222949

From what I understand, they even had Larcei's actress come back in for the new voice line. That's a bit much for a name that's been used for four years now and didn't really need to change. I wonder why now they had to change it.

10 minutes ago, Medeus said:

From what I understand, they even had Larcei's actress come back in for the new voice line. That's a bit much for a name that's been used for four years now and didn't really need to change. I wonder why now they had to change it.

I don't think they even did that. There was a voice dialogue where Larcei said Ulster ("I'm Larcei. Ulster is my twin brother. Nice to meet you!"), but they apparently just removed the second sentence and didn't replace it with anything else.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, Say'ri's English voice credit has still not been changed from the Japanese VA despite Say'ri speaking English now. The dev team has rather strange priorities.

Strange priorities indeed since a time like this can make it difficult for voice recording to be done as evident with Say'ri's English voice having to be put in later and CYL Edelgard sounding echo-y or metallic.

So, Ayra's son and Ayra's daughter's twin brother is as of now Scáthach? My main exposure to that name is from Fate -- the Type-Moon franchise and not Fire Emblem Fates -- and the character is female which actually matches the Scáthach of Irish mythology. Fate has a lot of historical and mythological figures who are male being female in-game. Disclaimer: Wikipedia is what it is and I used it for the general sourcing of these names. It's not a big deal or that uncommon for a character to have a name of a mythological figure of a different sex, but maybe Ayra's son should have kept the name Ulster which is an actual word referring to the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology and a region in Ireland. That seems neutral in terms of it being a name for a character. So, maybe a different character, in Jugdral or a future game, should be given the name Scáthach since the Scáthach of mythology is apparently referred to as "the Shadow" and "Warrior Maid". Since I have no idea how the Irish language works and some names are unisex, I don't think they could do what they did do with someone like Anankos and be able to change the original feminine name of Ananke to a masculine one. Moving on from that since as I said, it's not a big deal.

At this point, maybe Ayra/Ira/Shannan's aunt should be renamed as Scáthach or Aífe/Aoife if they would rather her be named after Scáthach's rival to keep with the Irish theme. Ira apparently comes from the Latin word for wrath. For Ayra's daughter, if they are trying to go with names of Irish mythological figures, then her English name should be Luchtaine/Luchta, a male Irish god of from what I am understanding general crafting since he's a carpenter, but also a blacksmith as he created javelin shafts and shields for The Second Battle of Moytura. Luchtaine is also the brother of Credne/Creidhne and Goibniu/Gaibhne, also gods of crafters; Credne/Creidhne and Creidne are separate characters where Creidne is a female warrior of Irish mythology. Her Japanese name Lakche is I guess a close as possible way of getting a Japanese pronunciation of an Irish word. Larcei seems to be a made up name where I still like it, but if the intent is to name these characters are Irish figures, then Shannan's aunt's daughter should be named as such. I don't know why, but Larcei makes me think it could work as a "fake" east Asian name.

Edit: Apparently Scáthach is a gender neutral name. It means "shadowy" or "shadow-like" which once again, I feel like it might have made sense for some other character who represents those qualities. Whatever then. Still an odd situation overall. Should have been his English name in the first place and the change now of all times. Also, apparently there was a fuck up with Ced saying something about Meath and Munster?

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I feel like it might have made sense for some other character who represents those qualities.

Most people in real life do not embody the meaning of their name.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't think they even did that. There was a voice dialogue where Larcei said Ulster ("I'm Larcei. Ulster is my twin brother. Nice to meet you!"), but they apparently just removed the second sentence and didn't replace it with anything else.

I wonder if this means they're actually looking at a Genealogy remake or localization, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

My first thought was that someone noticed that his now-previous English name overlapped with the name of a location in the game, considering the four territories that make up Jugdral's Munster District are named for the four provinces of Ireland (Manster (NA: Munster) from Munster, Lenster (NA: Leonster) from Leinster, Alster from Ulster, and Conote from Connacht).

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if this means they're actually looking at a Genealogy remake or localization, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

That actually might not be wishful thinking if you assume their plans for a Genealogy remake are massive.

Genealogy could be remade featuring the tales of Sigurd, Seliph, and Leif plus a lot of additional new content that all wouldn't be possible on a 3DS (Genealogy and Thracia together would have a very large number of characters, maps, items, and conversations when combined even before anything new is added), so they were waiting for a console that was both strong enough to support a Genealogy remake and did not fail badly enough that they had to rerelease most/all of its exclusive titles on its successor. Three Houses shares a few mechanics and themes to Genealogy and Thracia (not exact duplicates of course), but assuming every new FE is working to top the last one, Genealogy would easily trump the vast landscapes and close look at the scope of the battlefield that TH established. An opportunity like that, I assume anyway, would not want to be passed over.

...course it could also be wishful thinking that a Genealogy remake would be massive. I do wonder how offended people would be if Reinhardt doesn't get to be anymore important than he was in the original...

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most people in real life do not embody the meaning of their name.

Yes, but with books, films, games, and so on, sometimes characters or objects are given names where their meanings are used in some way. Emphasis on sometimes. I do not care what Ayra's son is called, but I figure that in a future game where suppose there is a character associated with the shadows in some way as a deity of darkness/shadow, a person who works underground, or whatever including a character that is actually a warrior maid that Scáthach might work well for their name. There is no stopping multiple characters from sharing the same or similar names either.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

There is no stopping multiple characters from sharing the same or similar names either.

Altena and Athena? Arthur Artur Arthur (only in localization tho)? Dean and Dean? Claud and Claude? Should I add Lucia and Lucina b/c though they're pronounced differently they're only one letter apart? Kurthnaga and Kurth and Naga? Aran and Arran? Lugh and the weapon Lughnasadh?