Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s a Persona game that just happens to have some stuff from Fire Emblem but is still very clearly a Persona game in all aspects.

No, it isn't a Persona either! No Social Links/Confidantes, no life sim junk, and no psychobabble makes this game F-tier Persona. TMS is an orphan.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If the dancer banner this year is all TMS, I can skip, which will be nice since I'm out of orbs and I need to spark on the Heirs of Light banner. And see if I can get dancer Nephenee this year.

Who are you sparking?

I've never played TMS, but whatever it is, I don't mind it showing up in Heroes occasionally. It makes for an interesting bit of variety, while also having way better reason to be here than characters from games that aren't FE at all. I wouldn't want to open the gates to things further out than TMS and Warriors, but I think adding TMS to Heroes' game roster was fine, and since they did, I think it's good to flesh out its roster a bit more. Especially through seasonals.

My usual plan for seasonal banners nowadays is to grab the demote and TT units and ignore the premium ones. I have Itsuki and Tsubasa, so if the demote and TT units are both TMS, that'll give me a full team of 4 TMS units. That'll be useful, especially since it'll have dancers. Hopefully one of them is green, to also cover color balance.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, it isn't a Persona either! No Social Links/Confidantes, no life sim junk, and no psychobabble makes this game F-tier Persona. TMS is an orphan.

It’s still far more predominantly Persona than Fire Emblem even if it’s missing a bunch of mechanics that any standard Persona game has.

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s still far more predominantly Persona than Fire Emblem even if it’s missing a bunch of mechanics that any standard Persona game has.

So one can say TMS is effectively a Megami Tensei game which has a flavor kind of similar to Persona but go it's own direction as a franchise.

BTW, that remains me, this game technically has paralogues right?

Since I am the type of player that summons a hero because of the utility that hero has and not abotu what game that character is, or if it's a Fire Emblem game or not, I have no problems in being a TMS banner. 

If they have good skills and abilities, then I will summon.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I am praying to Naga the banner is TMS with Yashiro as the demote or TT reward because he is my favorite from TMS.  My other hope would be that Elphin is on the banner instead I feel like the dancer banner is my only hope of him getting in.  My view on seasonals is only pull if they are a new unit type (armor healer for instance) or a personal favorite like B!Nailah.  Rafiel and Geese are two favorites of mine so I am just happy they got in and was even happier they were the demotes.  

If it's all TMS, I can safely skip unless Touma is in it. As I said, he's the only character from the game that seems cool to me. Cain being his mirage is nice enough as well.

TMS itself is definitely not my kind of thing, however.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

BTW, that remains me, this game technically has paralogues right?

Referring to TMS? Yes. Each of the non-Itsuki playable characters plus Tiki, Maiko, and Barry have a set of three side-stories. Completion of all three improves a character's ending bio- the kind you'd find in typical FE. Completion of all side-stories alters on little scene after the credits.

I adore TMS because it’s fun. I doesn’t matter what series it more closely represents, I enjoyed myself playing it so much that I bought it twice, and it nonetheless has FE characters amongst its major cast. Thus, I think FEH should indeed celebrate it. I really want a regular banner with all the (already itty bitty) main cast, but seasonals are completely welcome as well. An idol themed banner is much more interesting to me than another ballroom theme, or a White Heron cup theme, just because the outfits and conversations can be a lot more fun and unique!

Oh gosh I also would hate it if TMS infected the dancer banner. I don't think I'll ever consider that an FE game. For me, personally, it's a tragic slap in the face to Fire Emblem that anyone in TMS got into Heroes before literally every other character in the main core FE games.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh gosh I also would hate it if TMS infected the dancer banner. I don't think I'll ever consider that an FE game. For me, personally, it's a tragic slap in the face to Fire Emblem that anyone in TMS got into Heroes before literally every other character in the main core FE games.

I agree. But I also feel that way about all seasonals.

Over half of Tellius is missing. But never mind that. We need two swimsuit banners! And dancers! And bunnies! And santa suits! And a pirate banner that could have so very easily been a cross-game themed New Heroes banner!

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

16 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

To he fair, not everyone in the core FE series was made to be capable of holding popularity, Kain and Alva only really exists to be fodder to use when your units are affected by fatigue or to sacrifice in Chapter 19.

25 minutes ago, Troykv said:

To he fair, not everyone in the core FE series was made to be capable of holding popularity, Kain and Alva only really exists to be fodder to use when your units are affected by fatigue or to sacrifice in Chapter 19.

Those guys are still Fire Emblem characters rather than diet Persona characters even if their odds of getting into FEH cap out at 1% at best. As such, I imagine that he would rather have even those two over any TMS character because, as he said, he doesn't consider TMS to be a Fire Emblem game (and neither do I for that matter).

30 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Those guys are still Fire Emblem characters rather than diet Persona characters even if their odds of getting into FEH cap out at 1% at best. As such, I imagine that he would rather have even those two over any TMS character because, as he said, he doesn't consider TMS to be a Fire Emblem game (and neither do I for that matter).

Calling them diet Persona characters is still an insult. Because Persona characters are good.

Also, I agree with this sentiment. Even the least remarkable FE characters have more to add than TMS ones (and Warriors OCs for that matter). Yes, even Jorge the vote-botted merchant.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Calling them diet Persona characters is still an insult. Because Persona characters are good.

I wasn't sure how else to refer to them, so apologies for my ignorance. I really have no clue how good or bad the TMS cast are as characters.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

I wasn't sure how else to refer to them, so apologies for my ignorance. I really have no clue how good or bad the TMS cast are as characters.

I'm just teasing. No need for apologies.

But yes, the easiest way to describe the game is to compare it to Persona. In which case it falls very short.

TMS was far more fun than this game ever was for me. And setting aside the uniqueness of FE gameplay, which I do like, TMS was personally more fun than Three Houses too.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I love FE5 and I've never played TMS, but I think TMS characters add more to Heroes than Kain and Alva would. 

The same on Kain/Alva/Robert. Some people are still just plain acidic when it comes to TMS, the time for that passed in the weeks after June 24th 2016.

I'd also say some other mainline FE characters who do have a lick of personality, are less deserving of entry than TMS characters. Aran, Laura, Gareth, Devdan, Vika, Macellan, maybe Chulainn (he's filler-y), Barret, and definitely Brigand Boss and Memebot Jorge. Now mind you, a few of the characters named above could leverage a rare weapon/class type to compensate for little personality- Vika and Aran definitely could. I'm not saying the TMS cast is amazing beyond belief, but against the very bottom of the mainline FE barrel? There is no reason they can't triumphantly contest that.

I'll add that I wholly support adding the "little guys" to FEH, I'll throw a cheer if Frost or Conomor or Zelot gets in. It isn't like TMS would prevent many of the little guys from getting into FEH either, there are only 10 hero characters in TMS. And Barry I would be fine with leaving out, middle-aged magical girls-liking otaku is a little creepy even if it's supposed to be silly; as I would the mostly nonexistent TMS villains though some of their visual designs might be exotic. But I don't see having the other nine heroes with the occasional alt as being a grand theft of character slots.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Yeah, hopefully tonight. Even though it's always rather unlikely that a refresher banner is going to have someone I really want on it, I'm pretty curious about who will be on this one, so I'd like to see those silhouettes.