Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm really starting to value Null Follow Up. Recently decided to spend 6000 Divine Codes to get the skill off of Adrift Male Corrin for one of my units. Seems like the only things I fight in Arena and Arena Assault as of late are things that have guarantee follow up attacks or prevent follow up attacks. Biggest offenders are L!Edelgard, B!Edelgard, Duo Ephraim and B!Hector (especially after Maltet got a refine).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So, with the new FE9 banner, the circle is complete! If we count FE9/10 as one game, every game has gotten a New Heroes banner over the past year. I think that's the first time that's happened.

Unit additions by game from the past year, counting from Thrasir's banner to this one. (Duo units count as one entry, but Harmonics and Legendary Leif count for both games they're marked for. Duo Ephraim is a weird case so he's marked as "unique".)

• Heroes: 4 seasonals, 5 mythics
  • FE2: 6 normal, 5 seasonals, 1 legendary, 1 mythic
  • FE3: 5 normal, 8 seasonals
  • FE4: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 6 seasonals, 2 legendary
  • FE5: 5 normal, 1 legendary
  • FE6: 6 normal, 5 seasonals
  • FE7: 5 normal, 4 seasonals, 1 mythic
  • FE8: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 5 seasonals, 1 unique
  • FE9: 5 normal, 2 seasonals, 1 fallen
  • FE10: 1 normal, 1 fallen, 6 seasonals, 1 mythic
  • FE13: 5 normal, 1 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • FE14: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 4 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • 3H: 5 normal, 4 CYL, 6 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • TMS: 5 normal

I think that's everything, but I could have missed something.

...hm. I thought waiting a few days to think about who could use the Trait Fruits and seeing who others are using them on would help me figure out who to use them on, but...

...eh. I've gone this long with the traits my units have, I'm sure they can keep it up for longer while I keep sitting on it. I don't even think most Grail units need to change from Neutral, at least as long as they don't have a desired superasset.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

So, with the new FE9 banner, the circle is complete! If we count FE9/10 as one game, every game has gotten a New Heroes banner over the past year. I think that's the first time that's happened.

Unit additions by game from the past year, counting from Thrasir's banner to this one. (Duo units count as one entry, but Harmonics and Legendary Leif count for both games they're marked for. Duo Ephraim is a weird case so he's marked as "unique".)

• Heroes: 4 seasonals, 5 mythics
  • FE2: 6 normal, 5 seasonals, 1 legendary, 1 mythic
  • FE3: 5 normal, 8 seasonals
  • FE4: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 6 seasonals, 2 legendary
  • FE5: 5 normal, 1 legendary
  • FE6: 6 normal, 5 seasonals
  • FE7: 5 normal, 4 seasonals, 1 mythic
  • FE8: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 5 seasonals, 1 unique
  • FE9: 5 normal, 2 seasonals, 1 fallen
  • FE10: 1 normal, 1 fallen, 6 seasonals, 1 mythic
  • FE13: 5 normal, 1 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • FE14: 5 normal, 1 fallen, 4 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • 3H: 5 normal, 4 CYL, 6 seasonal, 1 legendary
  • TMS: 5 normal

I think that's everything, but I could have missed something.

It was an interesting year for sure, we never had so much representation for most of the games, every region was represented, and that is awesome... It makes me wonder what exactly October and November will have? After all there isn't game with a +1 year hiatus now.

Also... Duo Ephraim pretty much feels like a FGO Limited unit xD.

33 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It was an interesting year for sure, we never had so much representation for most of the games, every region was represented, and that is awesome... It makes me wonder what exactly October and November will have? After all there isn't game with a +1 year hiatus now.

Also... Duo Ephraim pretty much feels like a FGO Limited unit xD.

Yeah, it's an interesting question. FE2 will hit 1 year since its last banner in October, but it's got almost its whole roster in the game already, I feel like it isn't their highest priority right now. After that, there's FE8 and FE6 which last showed up in November, and FE5 in December, but despite having decent numbers of missing units, I feel like those aren't the biggest things on their radar either.

I could see 3H and TMS getting more attention soon. 3H could be as soon as early October if they really want to stay on top of it, while TMS could be a good fit for the second November banner, as a Paralogue banner between books like the FE6 one last year. Personally, I'd love to get FE4 Gen 1 in early November, between the two, but that could be too much to hope for.

I'm kinda hoping the next New Heroes banner is Binding Blade. I'd like to see Elffin and/or Douglas added to the game, and I feel like they have a pretty decent shot. I've no doubt that Melday or Guinevere would likely be the star of the banner, but Douglas finishes up the trio with Cecilia and Perceval while Elffin is semi-important.

I'm very interested in seeing an updated "Top 5 CYL characters for each game not yet in Heroes" chart now that each game has gotten a banner within the last 12 months.

35 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm very interested in seeing an updated "Top 5 CYL characters for each game not yet in Heroes" chart now that each game has gotten a banner within the last 12 months.

Using total CYL votes instead of just CYL4:

Shadow Dragon, (New) Mystery
1. Xane: 5,524
2. Anna: 4,969 yep
3. Nyna: 3,780
4. Wolf: 3,413
5. Elice: 2,753

Echoes
1. Tatiana: 3,842
2. Luthier: 3,837
3. *sigh* Brigand Boss: 2,945
4. Zeke: 2,799
5. Fernand: 1,918
*If you don't want to count Brigand Boss (I don't), then Hestia (1,617) is 5th.

Genealogy of the Holy War
1. Erinys: 2,980
2. Azelle: 2,691
3. Arthur: 2,619
4. Lex: 2,544
5. Tine: 2,520

Thracia 776
1. Sara: 1,773
2. Asbel: 1,389
3. Linoan: 1,137
4. Marty: 1,029
5. Galzus: 1,007

Binding Blade
1. Lot: 4,773
2. Dieck: 4,458
3. If you want to count him, Old Hector: 3,234
     Otherwise, Gonzalez: 2,810
4. Melady: 2,306
5. Merlinus: 2,210

Blazing Blade
1. Erk: 7,348
2. Sain: 5,957
3. Athos: 5,579
4. Guy: 5,371
5. Limstella: 3,601

Sacred Stones
1. Knoll: 5,220
2. Colm: 3,719
3. Gilliam: 3,601
4. Neimi: 3,054
5. Artur: 2,760

Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
1. Volke: 5,942
2. Lucia: 5,583
3. Boyd: 4,960
4. Astrid: 4,663
5. Edward: 4,505

Awakening
1. Severa: 16,585
2. Priam: 5,309
3. Kellam: 4,635
4. Miriel: 4,372
5. Gregor: 3,929

Fates
1. Anna: 11,929
2. Nyx: 8,871
3. Caeldori: 7,013
4. Dwyer: 6,244
5. Orochi: 5,817

Three Houses
1. Marianne: 14,105
2. Felix: 12,465
3. Ashe: 9,288
4. Rhea: 5,627
5. Linhardt: 4,591

TMS
1. Tiki: 4,161
2. Maiko: 2,078
3. Touma & Cain: 1,760
4. Yashiro & Navarre: 1,228
5. Ayaha & Aversa: 922

Heroes
1. our next Mythic Plumeria: 20,800
2. Triandra: 3,889
3. Freyr: 963

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

honestly i would like TMS to have a FB vs. a Forging Bonds event.(as the first one was Tempest trials so i feel we'll never even get them on a respark vote)

isn't FB a Forging Bonds event?

Anyway, looks like the next Forma Heroes are:

Spoiler

Exalt Chrom, Brave Lucina, Walhart and Fallen Male Robin (or Male Grima).

@TheSilentChloey So if you want, you can finish Grima soon, and get some new toys for him to play with... Or you still can wait for his rerun if you want to.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

@TheSilentChloey So if you want, you can finish Grima soon, and get some new toys for him to play with... Or you still can wait for his rerun if you want to.

haha ha. 
I meant TT. 

Jill's introduction as her PoR self made me wonder if introducing the same character again in the regular summoning pool, but as their sequel or whatever self might be needed and deemed acceptable for players who dislike alts in general for unit types who don't have a lot of options to begin with. Axe fliers in particular was not helped by the developers introducing three of them as GHB/TT units with essentially the same stats. Michalis can be excused since he was an early unit, but Gerome and Haar ending up as Cherche with gen 2 BST was not great. The stat spread makes sense for Gerome who usually ends up being a tank or support unit in Awakening, but Haar from the impressions I got even though his PoR self does have Brave Axe felt more like he should have had offenses closer to Cormag or Hinoka where his speed isn't that great, but still usable if you don't want to use his default Brave Axe. The funny thing is that Cherche from what I remember is like that in Awakening, but she ended up with low speed in Heroes and as a gen 1 unit, did not have a lot of stat points to play around with to have had something like +Atk, -Res Cormag.

Moving on, as far as I know and looked where I did exclude the more minor bosses, the remaining axe fliers would be:

Spoiler

Tellius: Shiharam (GHB).

Fates: Nichol (GHB likely), Percy, and Scarlet.

Three Houses: Cyril, Dominic (GHB or even a legendary?), and Nader. Possibly Annette and Hilda. Both would be alts, well, time-skip versions of themselves, but mainly Annette since time-skip Annette should probably a mage. Hilda's in an odd situation where she's an infantry in the non-Golden Deer routes, right? But wyvern riders and fliers in general are good and she has been depicted as one for a Cipher card.

That's 7 or 9 with Annette and Hilda axe-wielding wyvern fliers who should probably be wielding an axe because they could for whatever reason have Percy or Scarlet wield lances instead. Of those characters who probably wouldn't be a GHB as they are bosses, I can only see Cyril, Percy, and I guess Nader being demotes. Cyril they could use trainee BST to BS their way to keep him as a 5*-exclusive. Scarlet is in a muddy situation where waifu appeal could lead to her being 5*-only or because they loaded her with premium skills or new skills even if she's not great like Fiora's main thing is she introduced Guard Lance and the niche Pegasus Flight.

While we do have the occasional demote with a prf, Annette and Hilda as wyvern riders would likely have a variant of Crusher and Freikugel, respectively, and if Dominic and the other Elites aren't GHB units, being legendaries would make sense and all legendary and mythic units to date are 5*-exclusive with them never demoting, being available as 4* units when they are present on a legendary/mythic banner.

If we double up for Tellius, so PoR Haar and RD Jill, and include those from Awakening and Fates who can re-class into wyvern riders by default, so excluding inheritance and Friendship Seals in Fates, then we would have this:

Spoiler

Tellius: Haar (PoR), Jill (RD), and Shiharam (GHB).

Awakening: Aversa, Frederick, Kjelle, Lon'qu, Nah, Nowi, Panne, Say'ri, Sully, Tiki, Virion, Walhart, and Yen'fay.

Fates: Elise, Gunter, Nichol (GHB), Percy, Scarlet, Siegbert, and Xander.

Three Houses: Cyril, Dominic (GHB or legendary), and Nader along with possibly Annette and Hilda.

The total is now 26 or 28 with Annette and Hilda. Awakening becomes a category of its own and would have 13 candidates. Fates only adds in 4 where the idea of CYL Xander wielding Bolverk was something people considered since Garon himself initially showed up as a red dragon and CYL Camilla or any other Camilla alt did not have it. Out of bias, another Cherche, but with actual speed would be nice.

Comparatively, the remaining axe cavalry would be and I did go with the idea of great knights using axes since paladins can't:

Spoiler

Genealogy: Iuchar/Johan (can be a GHB) and Lex. It's Iuchar, right? Why does one of the wikis use Johan?

Thracia 776: Brighton and Hicks.

Elibe: If they want to be weird since he doesn't have high ranks in axes and he's not a great knight, Marcus.

Magvel: Duessel.

Tellius: Kieran.

Three Houses: Gwendal (probably GHB?).

That's 7. Not sure who in Three Houses would work well as axe-wielding cavalry. Kieran and Lex should have appeared earlier on even at the detriment to their stats with at best gen 2 melee cavary BST. That said, it would still be better than only have Titania in the regular summoning pool and groom Marth in the grail shop as options who are not slow, physically bulky axe cavalry. We don't even have an axe cavalry with +35/+35 base neutral offenses in the regular summoning pool. The closest is spring Alfonse's 35/33 who is a seasonal unit and groom Marth's 31/36. Who demotes or not doesn't matter as much because axe cavalry has less units than axe fliers even with how different they are since at least axe fliers had Camilla and Narcian in the beginning along with Beruka if you invest in her resistance alongside the slow, physically bulky Cherche, Michalis, and later Gerome and Haar and adult Minerva and then Mininerva.

Doing the same as with axe fliers by doubling up on Tellius and include those from Awakening and Fates who can by default reclass or promote into a great knight, we would have this:

Spoiler

Genealogy: Iuchar/Johan (can be a GHB) and Lex.

Thracia 776: Brighton and Hicks.

Elibe: Marcus (Binding and Blazing).

Magvel: Duessel.

Tellius: Kieran (PoR and RD) and Titania (RD).

Awakening: Basilio, Brady, Chrom, Cynthia, Flavia, Kellam, Kjelle, Lucina, Noire, Ricken, Stahl, Sully, Sumia, and Tharja.

Fates: Arthur, Benny, Dwyer, Effie, Ignatius, Jakob, Peri, Scarlet, Siegbert, Silas, Sophie, and Xander.

Three Houses: Gwendal (GHB).

The total is now 37 candidates. Awakening and Fates become their own categories and massively inflate the numbers. A lot of this can be considered as cop outs since cavaliers and knights can promote into great knights if they do not want to be paladins or generals, respectively. That said, something like another Peri as an axe cavalry would be fine since we don't really have anyone with a similar stat spread as hers in the axe cavalry pool. The closest would be Titania if we're talking about resistance, but for overall offenses, it would be between spring Alfonse and groom Marth. At worst, a generalist like axe cavalry Jakob with his dagger self's balanced stat spread wouldn't be that bad either. Others can be considered as "Why would you do this for Heroes?" like Noire, Ricken, and Tharja.

Archanea and partly Three Houses I excluded since their reclassing systems is more flexible. As far as I know, I think there's a limit for Archanea, but unlike in Awakening or Fates where characters have specified classes they can reclass into, you can reclass anyone into anything really. Basically, I didn't want to list everyone for Archanea or Three Houses.

There's also something else where axes and polearms are different weapons, but they could stretch it so that a unit is introduced as wielding a halberd, but is considered an axe unit or even a lance unit for lance infantry.

Edited by Kaden

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Genealogy: Iuchar/Johan (can be a GHB) and Lex. It's Iuchar, right? Why does one of the wikis use Johan?

Johan is an outdated name for him. It's a transliteration of the original Japanese text, and was used in some old materials, but official English names can vary greatly from those, and his is one of them.

53CNfRE.jpg

Personally, I'm okay with Three Houses characters getting both Academy Arc and War Arc versions on New Heroes banners, but I wouldn't want Tellius (or Archanea) to do that anytime soon when there are still so many more characters to add.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Give how close Grimmy is to being finished and the fact he's already ideal IV I'm going to probably not going to spend souls on this hof unless they're something really amazing to be even worth the expenditure of both the soul and the trait fruits.  Especially Lancina and Grimmy.  Cavalrom might be worth it but Walhart is a flat no, just no.  I don't need him nor do I want him.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally, I'm okay with Three Houses characters getting both Academy Arc and War Arc versions on New Heroes banners, but I wouldn't want Tellius (or Archanea) to do that anytime soon when there are still so many more characters to add.

It's a rough situation where some unit types simply don't have a lot of people, but at the same time, if they are not introduced such as with axe cavalry or arguably mishandled which is my opinion of some of the axe fliers, then it makes me feel like maybe a somewhat unpleasant solution should be considered. I don't think they should do something like introduce a bunch of Chrom alts in the regular summoning pool where he's an axe cavalry, bow cavalry, lance cavalry, and lance infantry, his remaining classes he can be in Awakening that were not already covered such as paladin Chrom being a sword cavalry and legendary Chrom being a bow infantry, as a way to fill in unit types.

At the same time, maybe here and there it would be fine if say, we had PoR and RD Titania where the first one we got, PoR Titania is a support, Tactics and anti-blue unit with her Draconic Poleax while RD Titania is also a demote with say, Perceval's stat spread with Poleax, Sol, Spd/Def Solo 3 as a 5*, and Dull Close 3 as a 4*. She introduces Poleax into the regular summoning pool and makes Spd/Def Solo and Dull Close available in the 3* to 4* summoning pool; players would need to 5* her for Spd/Def Solo 3 while Dull Close 3 can now be inherited without needing to use summer Cordelia, a seasonal unit, Cormag, a grail unit, or regular Edelgard who is a 5*-exclusive. Firesweep Axe, Guard Axe, "Spirited Axe" or whatever they would call a regular summoning pool inheritable version of Huge Fan, or even Reprisal Axe would be more appealing if they want to be more generous.

Seasonal units do help in being able to give us units as alts in whatever classes, but if for whatever reason they're the same as their regular selves like summer Ingrid or bride Tharja or introduced as unit types that are common like any seasonal lance cavalry or lance flier at this point, then that doesn't help. As it stands, axe cavalry and axe fliers have about 7 units each. That's not a lot compared to other unit types, but still more than others like bow armors, bow fliers, and dagger cavalry. Regardless, they are going to hit a point where they don't have any other units without needing to dip into things like reclassed units, making up things, or even introducing the same character.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

It's a rough situation where some unit types simply don't have a lot of people, but at the same time, if they are not introduced such as with axe cavalry or arguably mishandled which is my opinion of some of the axe fliers, then it makes me feel like maybe a somewhat unpleasant solution should be considered. I don't think they should do something like introduce a bunch of Chrom alts in the regular summoning pool where he's an axe cavalry, bow cavalry, lance cavalry, and lance infantry, his remaining classes he can be in Awakening that were not already covered such as paladin Chrom being a sword cavalry and legendary Chrom being a bow infantry, as a way to fill in unit types.

At the same time, maybe here and there it would be fine if say, we had PoR and RD Titania where the first one we got, PoR Titania is a support, Tactics and anti-blue unit with her Draconic Poleax while RD Titania is also a demote with say, Perceval's stat spread with Poleax, Sol, Spd/Def Solo 3 as a 5*, and Dull Close 3 as a 4*. She introduces Poleax into the regular summoning pool and makes Spd/Def Solo and Dull Close available in the 3* to 4* summoning pool; players would need to 5* her for Spd/Def Solo 3 while Dull Close 3 can now be inherited without needing to use summer Cordelia, a seasonal unit, Cormag, a grail unit, or regular Edelgard who is a 5*-exclusive. Firesweep Axe, Guard Axe, "Spirited Axe" or whatever they would call a regular summoning pool inheritable version of Huge Fan, or even Reprisal Axe would be more appealing if they want to be more generous.

Seasonal units do help in being able to give us units as alts in whatever classes, but if for whatever reason they're the same as their regular selves like summer Ingrid or bride Tharja or introduced as unit types that are common like any seasonal lance cavalry or lance flier at this point, then that doesn't help. As it stands, axe cavalry and axe fliers have about 7 units each. That's not a lot compared to other unit types, but still more than others like bow armors, bow fliers, and dagger cavalry. Regardless, they are going to hit a point where they don't have any other units without needing to dip into things like reclassed units, making up things, or even introducing the same character.

I just don't think it's a big enough deal to be worth it. And if they're willing to throw away plenty of possible chances to add new summonable axe fliers and axe cavalry on existing New Heroes and Special Heroes lineups, why would we expect them to do any better with New Heroes alts? If there's a need for more units of those weapon types in the form of alts, the place we should want them to be more willing to add them is the Special Heroes banners that already exist.

Axe flier and axe cavalry already have recent premium units in the form of Jill, Pirate Veronica, and Hel. One alt, because they do still use them to fill in those roles sometimes, and one non-alt OC, something else they have full ability to pick the unit types for. Speaking of which, we're still waiting on Gustav, another non-alt OC. Overall, I do not think it would be difficult for them to find ways for them to make one or two of each per year, the only thing that'd be stopping them is if they don't want to and none of this would do anything about that.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wouldn't mind with we get, for example, PoR Jill in a New Heroes Banner, but then we get RD Jill in a Special Heroes Banner... or vice vers.

For Boyd, I would prefer his PoR version, to fit better with his brothers.

Yeah, that'd be fine in my book.

Shit, I'm concerned that they'll never add my favorite Tellius characters at all. I'm not concerned with which canon version of characters they add.

Oh, no! Jill's hair and eyes look slightly different than I'd like! Just be glad she didn't make her one and only appearance in a playboy bunny suit with how this game goes.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I've been thinking, one way for older units(up to book 2, maybe book 3?) to catch up with the new units can be done by increasing their merge cap to 15 while keeping it at 10 for the newer units. Increasing the merge cap for older units can also incentive players to pull for more copies on rerun/skill/weekly revival banners.

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I've been thinking, one way for older units(up to book 2, maybe book 3?) to catch up with the new units can be done by increasing their merge cap to 15 while keeping it at 10 for the newer units. Increasing the merge cap for older units can also incentive players to pull for more copies on rerun/skill/weekly revival banners.

God no. I don't want to spend even more orbs on my projects. +10 is a LOT of commitment as is, and it sets an awful precedent to raise it further.

9 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

gotta admit, +15 B!Ike sounds tremendously tempting

honestly though, i doubt they'd do that

Raising the merge cap sounds extremely dangerous from their perspective, it'd risk driving players into giving up on keeping up with merges or even quitting the game entirely.

They're already raising the dragonflower cap to offer another way for older units to keep up with BST increases, and they're offering an effective +5 merges to certain old units in the form of Resplendents. That sort of approach seems a lot safer, and I think it's enough for now.

Edited by Othin

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Genuine question, but why is Spendthrift Bow so valued? I get that an effective +7 atk, def, and res swing is valuable, but the +2 special cooldown is a huge downside.

The downside isn't quite that important when using low-cooldown specials like Moonbow. Assume you are using Midori with Moonbow and she can get a follow-up, in most cases she will have Moonbow fully charged regardless if she is initiated on or is the initiator.
You could also use other skills like Geirskogul's refine or Blade skills to get the charge down even faster and allow the use of stronger specials, such as the newly released Deadeye.
Remember that the +2 special cooldown count only affects the unit AFTER combat and can never go higher than the specials maximum charge. It's also possible you have it confused with slowed Special cooldown, akin to inheritable Bladetomes and Leirika's Lunar Brace.

Point is, you are usually using a certain special that you are sure will be fully charged by at least the units second attack. And since most units like low-cooldown specials anyway, the downside is questionable at worst.

Edited by Xenomata

42 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The downside isn't quite that important when using low-cooldown specials like Moonbow. Assume you are using Midori with Moonbow and she can get a follow-up, in most cases she will have Moonbow fully charged regardless if she is initiated on or is the initiator.
You could also use other skills like Geirskogul's refine or Blade skills to get the charge down even faster and allow the use of stronger specials, such as the newly released Deadeye.
Remember that the +2 special cooldown count only affects the unit AFTER combat and can never go higher than the specials maximum charge. It's also possible you have it confused with slowed Special cooldown, akin to inheritable Bladetomes and Leirika's Lunar Brace.

Point is, you are usually using a certain special that you are sure will be fully charged by at least the units second attack. And since most units like low-cooldown specials anyway, the downside is questionable at worst.

I'll inherit it to Jorge alongside the Close Foil, but I really don't anticipate using it over his bow.