Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Heck no, not until everyone from Book 1 and 2 have Resplendents.

That isn’t going to happen. They are selling the Feh Pass as its own separate thing, so they aren’t going to touch irrelevants like Luke or Roderick with a ten foot pole because they won’t sell the pass at all.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Heck no, not until everyone from Book 1 and 2 have Resplendents. It's way way WAY too soon for anyone from Book 3.

I was talking about a Hel resplendent for Eldigan. But I do admit that there was a poor choice of words there.

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm guessing Muspell is next, and that the unit will be Mist.

Hmm... We are getting 2 5* in a row: We got Alm last time, and Julia is this friday. So I expect a 3-4* unit for October's first Resplendent Hero.

If you want to stay with the Tellius series... it could be Soren (even though it's another infantry green tome like Julia, last month we got Eirika and Alm in a row so... it's possible), or maybe Titania. I going with early Book 1 units here, and these are the only early 3-4* Book 1 Tellius units.

Also, it can be any game. Resplendent Heroes are not guaranteed to be connected with the current banners.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That isn’t going to happen. They are selling the Feh Pass as its own separate thing, so they aren’t going to touch irrelevants like Luke or Roderick with a ten foot pole because they won’t sell the pass at all.

They won't get everyone, but hopefully they'll move through the roster pretty slowly.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Heck no, not until everyone from Book 1 and 2 have Resplendents. It's way way WAY too soon for anyone from Book 3.

I don't really expect everyone from Book 1 and 2. Hell, I don't even expect that before the end of the game's life. I mean, we're just now nearing the end of Book 1 weapon refines, and those happen at literally double (and used to be more than double) the rate of resplendents.

I just hope to see most of the relevant units get them and for most of the resplendent alts to be good (aka not Fairy Eirika).

Whoa, Fallen Julia and Say'ri on red? And Midori on the skill banner before them? Does this mean that male Kris is skipping way ahead in the line for the red legendary/mythic banners pool? Because if that's the case, they seem pretty caught up on all four colors, with two characters yet to be run on everything but colorless, who may or may not reuse Bernadetta this month if it's not the mythic color.

Interesting.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Whoa, Fallen Julia and Say'ri on red? And Midori on the skill banner before them? Does this mean that male Kris is skipping way ahead in the line for the red legendary/mythic banners pool? Because if that's the case, they seem pretty caught up on all four colors, with two characters yet to be run on everything but colorless, who may or may not reuse Bernadetta this month if it's not the mythic color.

Interesting.

What I am speculating is Plumeria on Red as the mythic and that's why they put both of them on the iceberg banner. 

October is red-locked, so if this month's mythic is Plumeria or another red, the next time Kris M could fit into one will be November. That seems far enough off from his launch banner

Personally, my Astra teams would really benefit from Plumeria, and she'd be alongside Seliph who I'd like and Lif who I wouldn't mind any duplicates of, so I'm certainly hoping that's the case.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

What I am speculating is Plumeria on Red as the mythic and that's why they put both of them on the iceberg banner. 

Plumarie on Red would be great, Astra dancer and especially a ranged one would be great. I would be able to set up a similar thing to Eirforce on Light with this comp:

Plumeria with WoM

Altina with Quickened Pulse, Heavy blade and WoM.

Velouria with WoM and Time's Pulse and Flashing Blade

H!Mia with Disarm trap and savage blow, Fury and Pumpkin a Box

Mia can get into WoM range with two attacks thanks to Plumeria and get the enemy to have single digit Hp with bolt tower. Altina can get a one hit Galeforce, snipe a second unit. Velouria can do the same with flashing blade. That's easy cleanup.

I dunno... Plumeria feels like a bit of a stretch. She literally JUST got killed off. Even the Muspell generals took like a month to appear in their own banner, and the less mentioned about how long it's been before Hel appeared the better.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I dunno... Plumeria feels like a bit of a stretch. She literally JUST got killed off. Even the Muspell generals took like a month to appear in their own banner, and the less mentioned about how long it's been before Hel appeared the better.

Laevatein, Laegjarn, and Thrasir were all added in September of their respective books, immediately following their final appearances as bosses. For Thrasir, it was the exact same timeframe as Plumeria would be, while the Book 2 generals were even faster, only a week after their defeats. 

Edited by Othin

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't think that really matters, I think now is the best time to make her playable. She was defeated in the current chapter and her being a ranged dancer is exactly what astra needs at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

October is red-locked, so if this month's mythic is Plumeria or another red, the next time Kris M could fit into one will be November. That seems far enough off from his launch banner

We could always have him in a skill banner he has noontime, Spurn and a joint drive and all of them could be skill banners. 

She would be exactly what I needed, for my enemy or mixed phase setups, (B.Edelgard with Leila or Iddun) and with WoM for galeforce setups. 

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I don't think that really matters, I think now is the best time to make her playable. She was defeated in the current chapter and her being a ranged dancer is exactly what astra needs at the moment. 

We could always have him in a skill banner he has noontime, Spurn and a joint drive and all of them could be skill banners. 

She would be exactly what I needed, for my enemy or mixed phase setups, (B.Edelgard with Leila or Iddun) and with WoM for galeforce setups. 

Yeah, that's also a possibility. We'll have to see. 

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Laevatein, Laegjarn, and Thrasir were all added in September of their respective books, immediately following their final appearances as bosses. 

Thrasir's final appearance as a "living boss" was in August 2019, whereas her appearance as a Mythic was Setember 2019. Keep in mind at the time, Mythic units weren't yet including prominent villains in their lineups.

Although my bad, I was thinking of Surtr and Ylgr's debut banner in my original comment. THAT took like a month.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Thrasir's final appearance as a "living boss" was in August 2019, whereas her appearance as a Mythic was Setember 2019. Keep in mind at the time, Mythic units weren't yet including prominent villains in their lineups.

Although my bad, I was thinking of Surtr and Ylgr's debut banner in my original comment. THAT took like a month.

Huh, looks like you're right about Thrasir - her big showdown was Ch10 in early August, not Ch11 in late September. Still, she showed up on the next mythic banner after her defeat, so it could go either way. We'll have to see.

Surtr and Ylgr's banner was in November, two months after Surtr's defeat. Like with Hel, final bosses seem to take the longest. (Unless we count Gustav, who still hasn't shown up.)

Speaking of Book 2, it looks like Helbindi's final appearance as a boss was earlier in September, in Ch12. So all three of the Muspell Generals were fought for the last time within two weeks of their banner. But it's true that Book 3 is a closer reference point.

I see no problem in having Plumeria in this month's banner.

This would be the 2nd mythic banner in a row to introduce a original chracter as Mythic Hero, and the 3rd Mythc Hero that is a OC, because before Hel we had Mirabilis.

Again, I have no problem wioth this but there are people that dislike OCs for some reason.

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Again, I have no problem with this but there are people that dislike OCs for some reason.

I play this game for the cross over of all the main line FE games. I'm not here for the original story which is mostly garbage anyways or the new characters most of which also suck or are uninteresting at best. My distaste is not baseless or without reason.

My main issue with the OCs is that right now there are too many of them and most of them are pretty irrelevant. Books 1 and 3 were pretty decent about their total OCs, but book 2 and book 4 are pretty guilty of overloading their stories with too many OCs where most of them are irrelevant. Like ... you wouldn't have had to change anything of importance if you cut or merged one of Gunnthra or Hrid. And the story could be easily rewritten to not include Mirabilis and one of Triandra or Plumeria.

And, like ... Anna and Sharena have been part of the story since forever, and even then they barely get anything to work with as characters. Book 4 is probably the most Sharena has had to do, and unless she somehow becomes super important in the last two chapters while Alfonse disappears, it's still mostly been "Alfonse doing smart things. Everyone else exists."

The game's just not good at handling its numerous OCs. I wouldn't have such an issue with them if Heroes knew what to do with all of them rather than half-assing most of them.

Personally, I want Heroes to represent the full FE series, including itself. So if it's going to introduce an OC, it may as well make them playable eventually. Especially if they've already got art and skills from an appearance as a boss, it's not like making them playable will cost them those resources over again. But I don't want them to overload on OCs to the point of slowing down the addition of other characters more than necessary, and I do think there have been points where the number of OCs has been a bit much.

I like a lot of Heroes' characters. The only ones I hate are Surtr and Hel, but I think that is a good thing because I want villains to evoke some emotional response. Like, I want the villains to make me feel I want to beat the shit out of them. Veronica and Freyja just comes across as meh to me as villains. Veronica is basically an antagonist-in-name only at this point. Freyja needs some emotional and mental support and help, not really a beating.

Anna, Sharena, Laegjarn, Laevatein, Loki, and Plumeria are some of my favorites. Anna, Loki, Plumeria are amongst my favorite Fire Emblem waifus. I really like Sharena's happy personality. I think Laegjarn's and Laevatein's story and bond is great, and I want to see more of it.