Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

I can see why they wouldn't want to allow that, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't make it do that stuff when it does heal them and only not do it if it doesn't. Unless there's some issue programming it, but I'm not sure why that would be.

I'd think it'd be a simple "If HP restored to target <1, unit does not gain SP or Special Charge" check or however its said in-game, but I dunno... I mean, it's not the hugest deal, all it takes is maybe 22 levels from shards and crystals for Flayn to have her Caduceas staff when I have hundreds of thousands of the dumb things.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

you can just use Spd res solo as the seal and then you have +6 Spd besides the +6 res the entire time and an available C slot for something like panic smoke or a rouse skill if in need of buffs.

6 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yeah, I completelly forgot the Spd/Res Solo seal, probably for the speed part 🤔 .

I do not think buffing his Spd is a good idea though. You generally want tanks to have either low Spd or high Spd, not middling Spd. Middling Spd means that he cannot rely on being doubled as much to activate a stronger Special, and he still gets doubled anyways by high Spd units.

Having high Spd makes sense for Aether Raids since you can stack any stat out the wazoo with Mythics and Drives, but I do not think it makes sense to take the same route in Arena.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think buffing his Spd is a good idea though. You generally want tanks to have either low Spd or high Spd, not middling Spd. Middling Spd means that he cannot rely on being doubled as much to activate a stronger Special, and he still gets doubled anyways by high Spd units.

Having high Spd makes sense for Aether Raids since you can stack any stat out the wazoo with Mythics and Drives, but I do not think it makes sense to take the same route in Arena.

If you’d have read the conversation you’d know why I said spd res solo. The original question is as asking if double res wave was a good idea. I said no, because spd res solo grants the same amount of res on top of 6 spd on both phases.

It does not matter if it isn’t optimal since it was already established that Nemesis was chosen as a passion project. So with that in mind, spd res solo was a better seal that still gave Javi the res buff he was trying to get with his original build.

19 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If you’d have read the conversation you’d know why I said spd res solo. The original question is as asking if double res wave was a good idea. I said no, because spd res solo grants the same amount of res on top of 6 spd on both phases.

It does not matter if it isn’t optimal since it was already established that Nemesis was chosen as a passion project. So with that in mind, spd res solo was a better seal that still gave Javi the res buff he was trying to get with his original build.

That doesn't change the fact that SR Solo is still being wasted on Nemesis, who neither wants nor cares about Spd in the first place.
Javi could sacrifice a few points of Res for other seals that benefit Nemesis more than Spd, like Mirror Stance or even QR3 and replacing the B slot with Lull AD to neutralize enemy buffs at the same time. If he really wants the +6 Res, he did mention Warding Stance.

Again, SR Solo is wasted on a unit who has no business with Spd.

Edited by Xenomata

36 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That doesn't change the fact that SR Solo is still being wasted on Nemesis, who neither wants nor cares about Spd in the first place.
Javi could sacrifice a few points of Res for other seals that benefit Nemesis more than Spd, like Mirror Stance or even QR3 and replacing the B slot with Lull AD to neutralize enemy buffs at the same time. If he really wants the +6 Res, he did mention Warding Stance.

Again, SR Solo is wasted on a unit who has no business with Spd.

As I said in my first reply to Javi, since it’s a passion project and not built to score optimally, I won’t be judging it from an optimal mindset. The first build Javi listed had the goal of ensuring +6 res on both fases through the use of waves. 

Currently, only spd Res solo can grant the same stat boost on both phases so I offered that seal as an option since it emulated the goal of the original build as closely as possible, regardless of whether it was optimal. I am not going to suggest things that are optimal if the goal of the build that someone is asking about is not made with optimal efficiency in mind.

The spd is wasted, but that doesn’t matter since the original idea was having 6 res active at all times. Only spd res solo can provide that currently. If there was a def res or atk res solo, that would absolutely be a better option but those currently do not exist as seals. 

If the question is made with optimal scoring and efficiency in mind my recommendation would be sorcery blade, after saying that if one would go for optimal scoring, Nemesis would be a bad choice anyway. but Nemesis is not an optimal scoring unit and the build was clearly made with maximising res in mind. So that’s what i kept in mind when providing an alternative. 

I’m also not going to recommend the most premium skills to someone who just started. You have to keep the target audience in mind.

Edited by Vicious Sal

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

As I said in my first reply to Javi, since it’s a passion project and not built to score optimally, I won’t be judging it from an optimal mindset. The first build Javi listed had the goal of ensuring +6 res on both fases through the use of waves. 

Currently, only spd Res solo can grant the same stat boost on both phases so I offered that seal as an option since it emulated the goal of the original build as closely as possible, regardless of whether it was optimal. I am not going to suggest things that are optimal if the goal of the build that someone is asking about is not made with optimal efficiency in mind.

The spd is wasted, but that doesn’t matter since the original idea was having 6 res active at all times. Only spd res solo can provide that currently. If there was a def res or atk res solo, that would absolutely be a better option but those currently do not exist as seals. 

If the question is made with optimal scoring and efficiency in mind my recommendation would be sorcery blade, after saying that if one would go for optimal scoring, Nemesis would be a bad choice anyway. but Nemesis is not an optimal scoring unit and the build was clearly made with maximising res in mind. So that’s what i kept in mind when providing an alternative.

I’m also not going to recommend the most premium skills to someone who just started. You have to keep the target audience in mind.

The issue there is that Javi's original build wanted to use a Barrier Blade. It'd be one thing if he does switch to your Carrot Cudgel idea (I assume you mean Carrot Cudgel and not Pledged Blade, which has the same effect as Huge Fan but is locked behind Bridal Oboro, and no premium skills like you said), but if he wants to stick to using a purely EP weapon then he probably doesn't want to be using a seal with dual-phase effects. But if he does switch to the Carrot Cudgel, then yeah the only other seal that could be recommended to him while maintaining that exact amount of Res on the SS slot is Brazen AR, which doesn't play well with QR3. DR Bond is also an option thinking about it, and I wouldn't really care about the loss of one whole point of Res.
Also... maybe I'm confusing him with someone else, but I swear @Javi Blizz has been playing for a while? Maybe not long enough to have a premium skill abundance like Xray, to be fair...

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The issue there is that Javi's original build wanted to use a Barrier Blade. It'd be one thing if he does switch to your Carrot Cudgel idea (I assume you mean Carrot Cudgel and not Pledged Blade, which has the same effect as Huge Fan but is locked behind Bridal Oboro, and no premium skills like you said), but if he wants to stick to using a purely EP weapon then he probably doesn't want to be using a seal with dual-phase effects. But if he does switch to the Carrot Cudgel, then yeah the only other seal that could be recommended to him while maintaining that exact amount of Res on the SS slot is Brazen AR, which doesn't play well with QR3. DR Bond is also an option thinking about it, and I wouldn't really care about the loss of one whole point of Res.
Also... maybe I'm confusing him with someone else, but I swear @Javi Blizz has been playing for a while? Maybe not long enough to have a premium skill abundance like Xray, to be fair...

Def Res bond could also be used, that’s true. I literally forgot about the brazen skills so that could work as well.

And the starting player was not a reference to Javi himself, just an example.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Well, I haven’t really just started, I’ve been playing since launch and used to be way more active in the forum xD

Though to be honest, I tend to forget about useful SS that aren’t Close/Distant Def and the ones that are glued to my units (QR, QP, Blades...) 😅

In fact your discussion has given me an idea about how to improve my Close Call Summer Robin, since she have double wave (and she really want to go mixed phase unlike Memesis), so I can give her Solo Spd/Res seal and Ferdinand’s C skill (don’t remember the name). For Memesis, as @XRay said, Warding Stance could work. He’d be running QR either way, so he would mostly be an EP unit.

However, thanks for helping giving your oppinion n.n

26 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, I haven’t really just started, I’ve been playing since launch and used to be way more active in the forum xD

Though to be honest, I tend to forget about useful SS that aren’t Close/Distant Def and the ones that are glued to my units (QR, QP, Blades...) 😅

In fact your discussion has given me an idea about how to improve my Close Call Summer Robin, since she have double wave (and she really want to go mixed phase unlike Memesis), so I can give her Solo Spd/Res seal and Ferdinand’s C skill (don’t remember the name). For Memesis, as @XRay said, Warding Stance could work. He’d be running QR either way, so he would mostly be an EP unit.

However, thanks for helping giving your oppinion n.n

As stated in the above post, that was just an example, not referring to you. 😉

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'd think it'd be a simple "If HP restored to target <1, unit does not gain SP or Special Charge" check or however its said in-game, but I dunno... I mean, it's not the hugest deal, all it takes is maybe 22 levels from shards and crystals for Flayn to have her Caduceas staff when I have hundreds of thousands of the dumb things.

Yeah, if they can make it only count as a movement skill if movement takes place, I'd think they could make it only count as a healing skill if healing takes place.

The lack of Exp/SP isn't a huge deal, but the lack of cooldown charge can actually be relevant at high levels.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, if they can make it only count as a movement skill if movement takes place, I'd think they could make it only count as a healing skill if healing takes place.

The lack of Exp/SP isn't a huge deal, but the lack of cooldown charge can actually be relevant at high levels.

they dont even need to make a check. Gaining EXP/SP via healing was allways limited and stops working after like what the 10th time in the same battle. In that regard you couldnt even abuse it. I dont know why they made it so she cant gain EXP/SP

53 minutes ago, Hilda said:

they dont even need to make a check. Gaining EXP/SP via healing was allways limited and stops working after like what the 10th time in the same battle. In that regard you couldnt even abuse it. I dont know why they made it so she cant gain EXP/SP

Exp/SP isn't very relevant, but cooldown charge can be. Being able to charge and unleash specials without needing any conditions could have been something they didn't want. 

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Exp/SP isn't very relevant, but cooldown charge can be. Being able to charge and unleash specials without needing any conditions could have been something they didn't want. 

I do not think it is that bad to charge Specials faster for staff units. They have no access to damage Specials, and the only relevant combat Special they have access to is Miracle, and wasting five actions just to charge Miracle honestly is not anywhere near game breaking in my opinion.

More frequent triggers of Balms, Heavenly Light, and Imbue would also be a nice buff to those skills too.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think it is that bad to charge Specials faster for staff units. They have no access to damage Specials, and the only relevant combat Special they have access to is Miracle, and wasting five actions just to charge Miracle honestly is not anywhere near game breaking in my opinion.

More frequent triggers of Balms, Heavenly Light, and Imbue would also be a nice buff to those skills too.

Yeah. It seems pretty silly, but it's all I can come up with.

That said, now that healers finally have a movement assist, maybe they're planning on giving them more variety of specials too?

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah. It seems pretty silly, but it's all I can come up with.

That said, now that healers finally have a movement assist, maybe they're planning on giving them more variety of specials too?

I hope that variety includes damage Specials. Might as well give staff units that last piece of the pie that everyone else has. Everyone can heal with Reciprocal Aid and the best healers are not even staff units. Eir and Herons can do so much more than healing.

Edited by XRay

Yay! Resplendent Marth is coming! And he looks great!

To be honest, I already expected Askr Attire for Marth, but I don't mind it at all because it's a good look for the Altean prince. Actually, I really like all Askr attires we got. None disappointed me so far.

My +10 Marth will appreciate the extra stats and new look.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yay! Resplendent Marth is coming! And he looks great!

To be honest, I already expected Askr Attire for Marth, but I don't mind it at all because it's a good look for the Altean prince. Actually, I really like all Askr attires we got. None disappointed me so far.

My +10 Marth will appreciate the extra stats and new look.

Yep, Askr and Embla alts are best alts.

Also, Marth was never going to be anything other than Askr. It was the objectively right choice.