Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, the actual real soul said:

Am I the only one that expected dual weapons to be inherited? v,:

No, since it would have to change the base model and animations. Which makes the Ninja heroes in that way, quite unique.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

No, since it would have to change the base model and animations. Which makes the Ninja heroes in that way, quite unique.

okay but I can't be the only one to have expected dual weapons to be inherited...

7 minutes ago, the actual real soul said:

okay but I can't be the only one to have expected dual weapons to be inherited...

The weapons can be inherited just fine, but you will only see one lance/sword/axe on the unit who gets the weapon.

Edit: I thought at first you meant that the dual wielding was not inherited, which is true because it changes the unit model. However, other units can learn the weapons, they just don’t dual wield them. They wield them with only one weapon in hand.

Edited by Vicious Sal

42 minutes ago, the actual real soul said:

I am pretty sure everyone expected it to be inheritable, since they all got "+" at the end of their names. All Weapons with "+" at the end are inheritable.

2 hours ago, the actual real soul said:

Am I the only one that expected dual weapons to be inherited? v,:

Dual Weapons... you mean the Ninja weapons from the current special heroes banner?

They are inheritable, but the heroes that get them will not hold 2 weapons... they will hold only one.

I only noticed today, but the Sacred Seal from the latest Squad Assault, Squad Ace AN, is the last seal possible for dual stat seals (Def/Res).
Are we gonna loop again and get a third set of dual stat seals...? And what about after that?

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I only noticed today, but the Sacred Seal from the latest Squad Assault, Squad Ace AN, is the last seal possible for dual stat seals (Def/Res).
Are we gonna loop again and get a third set of dual stat seals...? And what about after that?

We got six Squad Ace seals for each single stat (plus the original and "initiate" versions, for a total of eight identical ones), so a second set of dual-stat Squad Ace seals doesn't seem too unlikely, and possibly more beyond that.

It'd be cool for them to more on to other seals that could use duplicates like Death Blow and Quick Riposte, and ideally now rather than in 10+ more months, but I'm not sure how likely that is. I'm not even sure how they'd handle the icons for those.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It'd be cool for them to more on to other seals that could use duplicates like Death Blow and Quick Riposte, and ideally now rather than in 10+ more months, but I'm not sure how likely that is. I'm not even sure how they'd handle the icons for those.

I would like duplicated Blows and Stances. I don't use Armored and Warding blows, but another Death and Darting blows would be nice.

So, between the Lost Lore and its relatively low attention since the start of Book 4, I'm once again making a guess of FE8 for the next banner.

Looking over the CYL4 votes for FE8 units without regular versions:

1. 42. Selena (4,469)
  2. 155. Knoll (983)
  3. 214. Colm (696)
  4. 216. Gilliam (693)
  5. 234. Artur (603)
  6. 238. Vanessa (589)
  7. 260. Duessel (526)
  8. 263. Neimi (511)
  9. 275. Natasha (484)
  10. 283. Franz (467)
  11. 330. Saleh (360)
  12. 354. Ismaire (306)
  13. 382. Forde (258)
  14. 392. Garcia (242)
  15. 404. Glen (221)
  16. 412. Moulder (211)
  17. 421. Caellach (199)
  18. 427. Orson (192)
  19. 496. Rennac (155)
  20. 489. Kyle (110)
  21. 493. Syrene (105)
  22. 493. Fado (105)
  23. 510. Dozla (85)
  24. 559. Riev (28)
  25. 573. Hayden (11)

Selena is interesting in that she not only got over four times as many votes as the second place, but was actually the second highest-voted FE8 unit overall, after Eirika. (Ephraim was not on the poll, since he already won.) She did get a seasonal recently, and unlike Dozla, it was since CYL4 voting completed. Still, we've gotten faster seasonal-to-regular movement, and her position is pretty striking.

I could see the makings of a Grado banner here. Maybe Selena/Knoll/Duessel/Natasha as the banner units, with a GHB of Glen, Caellach, or Orson? I'd suggest Vigarde as well, but apparently he's not even on the poll. That's weird. Alternatively they could mix Grado with some earlygame units like Colm/Neimi or Gilliam/Vanessa.

Edited by Othin

I really wonder if they will end another book with a Sacred Stones banner. Not that I would mind if it meant any of Gilliam, Artur or the great Moulder got into the game. Though personally I'm guessing they will end Book 4 with an Echoes or Binding Blade banner. I think Sacred Stones will either get a banner in December or January.

An Echoes banner would probably bring in Luthier, Tatiana, Zeke and some other character like I don't know Mycen or another Whitewing Sister. I don't know Binding Blade very well but looking at the top 5 missing characters Dieck, Guinevere and Melady seems like good guesses. Though I guess that also depends on which games gets picked for the Christmas banner which should have a Harmonic Hero and looking at which games doesn't have a Harmonic representative yet could be from any of Echoes, Genealogy, Thracia, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Three Houses and/or TMS. I'm at least expecting a Male Byleth alt on either the Christmas or New Years banner going off the previous pattern of male avatars getting a seasonal alt on the winter theme banners while all the female avatars getting summer alts.

Edited by NSSKG151

30 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I really wonder if they will end another book with a Sacred Stones banner. Not that I would mind if it meant any of Gilliam, Artur or the great Moulder got into the game. Though personally I'm guessing they will end Book 4 with an Echoes or Binding Blade banner. I think Sacred Stones will either get a banner in December or January.

An Echoes banner would probably bring in Luthier, Tatiana, Zeke and some other character like I don't know Mycen or another Whitewing Sister. I don't know Binding Blade very well but looking at the top 5 missing characters Dieck, Guinevere and Melady seems like good guesses. Though I guess that also depends on which games gets picked for the Christmas banner which should have a Harmonic Hero and looking at which games doesn't have a Harmonic representative yet could be from any of Echoes, Genealogy, Thracia, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Three Houses and/or TMS. I'm at least expecting a Male Byleth alt on either the Christmas or New Years banner going off the previous pattern of male avatars getting a seasonal alt on the winter theme banners while all the female avatars getting summer alts.

Huh, I forgot about how Book 3 ended. That's an interesting angle, wonder if it'll be relevant.

FE2 and FE6 do seem like the main two alternatives. If we count FE9/10 as one game, every game has gotten a New Heroes banner since October 2019, but FE2/6/8 are the three that got it before the start of Book 4 rather than after. FE2 could be a bit awkward due to its dwindling roster, though. And this feels a bit soon for another version of either Palla or Est, to me. FE6 doesn't have many popular units left, but Guinevere and Melady are two picks I'd very much like, who would go nicely together. Also I'm sure they'll go for the Merlinus meme at some point, although he might be a better fit for a seasonal. (Funny enough - IIRC, Guinevere, Melady, Merlinus, and Dieck were all introduced in Ch2.)

FE2, FE6, and FE8 are also all on the low end of number of units introduced in Book 4 so far, which is probably not a coincidence.

• Heroes: 10
  • FE1/3: 15
  • FE2: 7
  • FE4: 13
  • FE5: 5
  • FE6: 5
  • FE7: 10
  • FE8: 4
  • FE9: 7
  • FE10: 11
  • FE13: 7
  • FE14: 11
  • 3H: 22

For the next Harmonic, I think FE6 is a strong candidate, since it's now the only launch game without one. Looking at the rosters of the games without a Harmonic:

• FE2: 42 units
  • FE4: 33 units
  • FE5: 17 units
  • FE6: 38 units
  • FE8: 35 units
  • FE9: 29 units
  • 3H: 34 units
  • TMS: 5 units

Everything except FE5 and TMS is relatively close, but FE2 has the most. I'm guessing they're inclined to focus on more populated games first, since those offer more options to use the Harmonics alongside, both in and out of Resonant Battles. FE9 seems like one they might leave for a while since they've already covered FE10, which leaves FE2, FE4, FE6, FE8, and 3H.

It does sound likely for them to do a seasonal Byleth M sometime soon. Wonder if it'll be another duo, or just a regular seasonal.

All this talk about new heroes banners reminds me of my thought that the early December new heroes banner has a good chance to be an FE 1 banner since the FE 1 remaster release comes out on December 4th and they will probably do something to promote it.  I do agree with people saying that the next one could be FE 8, though.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I would like for the next Sacred Stones banner to add a staff unit. We only have Winter Eirika as healer from that game.

Not sure if I wanted a 3H Winter banner, since It had 4 banners this year already (2 normal new heroes, 1 special heroes and the CYL banner). One unit in the banned, like how Sothis was in the last Winter banner, i wouldn't mind... But please not all entire banner being 3H units.

27 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

All this talk about new heroes banners reminds me of my thought that the early December new heroes banner has a good chance to be an FE 1 banner since the FE 1 remaster release comes out on December 4th and they will probably do something to promote it.  I do agree with people saying that the next one could be FE 8, though.

Hmm. It's not impossible, but FE1/3 already got both a New Heroes banner and a seasonal banner earlier this year, plus some miscellaneous units - including Xane, who was by far the most requested missing FE1 unit. I think they're more likely to do special maps or something.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would like for the next Sacred Stones banner to add a staff unit. We only have Winter Eirika as healer from that game.

Not sure if I wanted a 3H Winter banner, since It had 4 banners this year already (2 normal new heroes, 1 special heroes and the CYL banner). One unit in the banned, like how Sothis was in the last Winter banner, i wouldn't mind... But please not all entire banner being 3H units.

More reason to add Natasha!

The winter banner probably won't be focused on a single game, since it's likely to have a Harmonic Hero. Which is another option for seasonal Byleth M, although I have no idea who he'd pair with.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I don't think the December banner will be FE1. Personally I believe the FE1 port was supposed to be released earlier back in April alongside the Anniversary banner with the child units but ended up getting delayed.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't want another TH dominated banner either since I am kind of tired of seeing them every other banner but IS knows characters from that game sells well so...Personally I'm willing to guess that Winter will feature characters from multiple games and New Years will either be all Three Houses or mostly Three Houses with a M!Byleth and Sothis Duo alt. I'm basing that on the flimsy reasoning that they seem to pick characters from more recent games for New Years.

Not sure who the next Harmonic Hero could be. If it's Binding Blade like @Othin is suggesting I guess Roy is looking likely. He hasn't gotten an alt (aside from getting resplendent art) in quite some time and has strangely been missing on the more Binding Blade focused seasonal banners like the Spring Banner earlier this year and the Elibe Summer banner last year.

Though speaking of the Winter banner I wonder if we are getting 190 BST units on that banner since Ninja Lyn is treated as a 190 BST unit and since Winter is always filled with armored units...Not looking forward to that.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Though speaking of the Winter banner I wonder if we are getting 190 BST units on that banner since Ninja Lyn is treated as a 190 BST unit and since Winter is always filled with armored units...Not looking forward to that.

It seems that Gen 5 melee armors normally have about 185 BST: that's what Gatrie and Brave Edelgard have, while Halloween Dheginsea has 184.

A trainee melee armor would be expected to have about 190, though, so we'll have to see if we get any of those.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

It seems that Gen 5 melee armors normally have about 185 BST: that's what Gatrie and Brave Edelgard have, while Halloween Dheginsea has 184.

A trainee melee armor would be expected to have about 190, though, so we'll have to see if we get any of those.

Can't wait for green breath winter armored Nowi next month then.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Can't wait for green breath winter armored Nowi next month then.

Or Christmas Rhea

Since we need the daughter after the mother.

Edited by Nym

@Othin and @NSSKG151 You guys have a point, I was just guessing but you both could be right since FE 1 has had 2 banners + Xane added to the game already this year.  I was just making a lazy guess, but I won't be surprised if I am wrong.

I expect to get a seasonal m!Byleth as a duo at some point during the winter-ish holidays, since that's the pattern they've followed for the avatar pairs so far. Female got a swimsuit alt in the summer, male got a Christmas or New Year's alt. I suppose since Christmas is scheduled to be a Harmonic Hero, they could do New Years 3H with Duo m!Byleth.

Okay, I'm not one that often sides with the "this game is getting stupid with the pace of powercreep" or "This skill is super busted", but I have to say.  The combo of Duo Lyn and Harmonic Tiki was absolutely a mistake. Self dance coupled with Dancable by H!Tiki is just a retarded combination and the only thing holding it back for being the optimal Strat in Astra season ever is the fact that you cannot run it with triple mythics. 

Being able to have 8 actions with no unit actually having Galeforce is just plain stupid and somewhere deep down, I love it. It has taken all skill away from Astra season though, and Light wasn't a problem to score high to begin with anyway.  You can literally clear cavlines on turn 1 now even if you have duo's hindrance on you field.  I'm not against both these Duo/Harmonised skills, but the fact that they combine through Ninian/Lyn is something I actually consider a mistake. It's here to stay though, and it is hella fun, so somewhere I am glad, but man, it trivialises Astra entirely.

Thinking about it more, I'm guessing it won't be FE2. I think if they were planning on doing an FE2 banner this year, they would have saved the Python and Forsyth BHB for then and had the August BHB be for some game that isn't getting a New Heroes banner this year.

I'm thinking the next New Heroes banner will be either Binding Blade or Sacred Stones. I think I agree that the FE 1 Anniversary Switch release was supposed to come out earlier this year and was delayed, with the banner with Young Marth/Caeda/Merric/etc. having been planned to go along with it. The Lost Lore going on right now seems to suggest Sacred Stones, but I feel like the real giveaway will be when we see what the next Bound Hero Battle is.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The Lost Lore going on right now seems to suggest Sacred Stones, but I feel like the real giveaway will be when we see what the next Bound Hero Battle is.

Does Lost Lore give a hint about the next banner? I was checking the previous events, and the past 3 were not that close to a banner from the same game. Of the Book 4 Lost Lore events:

• In January 25th 2020, we got a World of Shadows Lost Lore, which was the closest one to a banner, since the next banner was the Echoes Valentine Banner, but then...
  • In March 26th 2020, we got a World of Radiance Lost Lore. We didn't get any PoR unit or banner until September while we got some Radiant Dawn units in May and June.
  • In June 1st 2020, we got a World of Fates Lost Lore. The last Fates Banner was in early April, and since then we didn't get any Fates banner, with the next Fates unit added in the game being half of the Veronica & Xander duo in early August.
  • July 17th 2020, we got a World of Holy War Lost Lore. The next Genealogy banner was the dancers added in September, although we got Brigid in early August... but one unit being added close to the event doesn't mean much.

I agree with you that the BHB would be the safest hint for the next banner.