• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm hoping the new calendar comes out later tonight along with the next resplendent art. People are right that the next new BHB will probably give away which game will be featured on the next new hero banner.

I'm not sure who the next resplendent character will be. It will probably be a five star character like Ephraim, Delthea, Ninian or Leo since the last two where characters from the 3/4 star pool.

51 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm hoping the new calendar comes out later tonight along with the next resplendent art. People are right that the next new BHB will probably give away which game will be featured on the next new hero banner.

I'm not sure who the next resplendent character will be. It will probably be a five star character like Ephraim, Delthea, Ninian or Leo since the last two where characters from the 3/4 star pool.

Ephraim would be cool, and would be fitting if they want to make a point of playing up FE8 this month. 

I’m gonna go with dream fairy I don’t know how to spell the actual Norse word nor do I care enough to Y!Tiki so that IS can continue spamming Archanea Resplendents and general Y!Tiki favoritism at the same time. 

Yeah, I might be just a wee bit tired of them shafting A!Tiki and Awakening in general.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

I’m gonna go with dream fairy I don’t know how to spell the actual Norse word nor do I care enough to Y!Tiki so that IS can continue spamming Archanea Resplendents and general Y!Tiki favoritism at the same time. 

Yeah, I might be just a wee bit tired of them shafting A!Tiki and Awakening in general.

A!Tiki is best Tiki!

Also, Awakening has been anything but shafted in Heroes. For Resplendents, sure, but Awakening has the highest character representation.

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Also, Awakening has been anything but shafted in Heroes. For Resplendents, sure, but Awakening has the highest character representation.

I mean as far as seasonals go before F!Grima on the recent Halloween banner the last awakening seasonal before that was two years ago with Cordelia and Noire in swimsuits. Yeah masked Lucina was a thing but Mia was the main hero in that Duo so that doesn’t really count.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

A!Tiki is best Tiki!

Actually, Fates has the highest character representation with 100 different units. Awakening is only the  second highest with 68 different units and both Blazing Blade and SD/MotE/NMofE are not that far behind with both having 52 different units.

Just now, NSSKG151 said:

Actually, Fates has the highest character representation with 100 different units. Awakening is only the  second highest with 68 different units and both Blazing Blade and SD/MotE/NMofE are not that far behind with both having 52 different units.

Doesn't Awakening have the advantage by percentage?

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Doesn't Awakening have the advantage by percentage?

If we are talking about which games has most of their characters in Heroes then yeah its either Awakening or Echoes that filled out most of their roster.

I was saying of the 586 units in Heroes (so including alts) right now Fates has more representation than any other game, followed by Awakening and then Blazing Blade/Archanea.

Yeah....except nearly 78% of those characters were 2017 - 2018 releases. In other words, most of Awakening's characters have since been hopelessly outclassed / powercrept and aren't worth anything in FEH's current meta.

And since 2019, Awakening has only gotten 15 character additions (and that includes Summer Mia & Marth) and just a single standalone seasonal alt (Halloween F!Grima). Only Sacred Stones (13) and Thracia (9) have gotten less since 2019 but even both of those have gotten more seasonal alts than Awakening (6 for Sacred Stones, 2 for Thracia). To further put things in perspective, Laevatein (by herself) of all characters has gotten three seasonal alts in that span to Awakening (as a whole) getting just one.

So yeah, Awakening got treated well early but has been treated like garbage for about two full years now.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah....except nearly 78% of those characters were 2017 - 2018 releases. In other words, most of Awakening's characters have since been hopelessly outclassed / powercrept and aren't worth anything in FEH's current meta.

And since 2019, Awakening has only gotten 15 character additions (and that includes Summer Mia & Marth) and just a single standalone seasonal alt (Halloween F!Grima). Only Sacred Stones (13) and Thracia (9) have gotten less since 2019 but even both of those have gotten more seasonal alts than Awakening (6 for Sacred Stones, 2 for Thracia). To further put things in perspective, Laevatein (by herself) of all characters has gotten three seasonal alts in that span to Awakening (as a whole) getting just one.

So yeah, Awakening got treated well early but has been treated like garbage for about two full years now.

Awakening is in large part the victim of having most of its roster early, but it has gotten 2 banners with almost every book. That's a luxury that say... my precious Tellius does not have.

If any games have gotten treated like garbage, it's Tellius, Thracia, and SS.

Anyway, if this is a 5-star exclusive, which would make sense, Lucina and Ephraim seem like they'd both be very strong candidates for it.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Anyway, if this is a 5-star exclusive, which would make sense, Lucina and Ephraim seem like they'd both be very strong candidates for it.

It's been a while since we got a Múspellian Attire... which could be Ephraim's resplendent attire.

The last one was Minerva, in July.

My predictions are Eph, Neph n' Effie Sonya. Maybe Innes if they're feeling colorless.

It's probably not gonna be another 3-4*, Archanean, and I hope not red unit. For that matter, most of these characters would be suited to an enemy kingdom theme.

Awakening is in large part the victim of having most of its roster early, but it has gotten 2 banners with almost every book. That's a luxury that say... my precious Tellius does not have.

Awakening getting multiple banners per Book hasn't been a thing since Book II. It has gotten just two New Heroes banners since 2019 (one in Book III, and one in Book IV whose star character wasn't even from Awakening) and straight up hasn't gotten a seasonal banner all to itself since December 2017. 

If any games have gotten treated like garbage, it's Tellius, Thracia, and SS.

Tellius, collectively, has gotten 42 character additions since 2019 (18 for PoR, 24 for RD). As a Tellius fan myself, it has been treated far, far better than Awakening lately.

As for Thracia, I don't want to sound mean but there's a reason why it gets so little content compared to any of the other games.

And even Sacred Stones has gotten more seasonal alts than Awakening from 2019 to now (six to one) and only has two less 2019 to now characters (13 to 15) than Awakening despite the lack of a 2020 New Heroes banner for SS (which is likely to change soon, either in this month or December).

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Awakening getting multiple banners per Book hasn't been a thing since Book II. It has gotten just two New Heroes banners since 2019 (one in Book III, and one in Book IV whose star character wasn't even from Awakening) and straight up hasn't gotten a seasonal banner all to itself since December 2017. 

Tellius, collectively, has gotten 42 character additions since 2019 (18 for PoR, 24 for RD). As a Tellius fan myself, it has been treated far, far better than Awakening lately.

As for Thracia, I don't want to sound mean but there's a reason why it gets so little content compared to any of the other games.

And even Sacred Stones has gotten more seasonal alts than Awakening from 2019 to now (six to one) and only has two less 2019 to now characters (13 to 15) than Awakening despite the lack of a 2020 New Heroes banner for SS (which is likely to change soon, either in this month or December).

I feel like you're cherry-picking numbers. Tellius has gotten more recent attention, but that's in part because it's been so much further behind on its overall roster, something that's still the case. And there are plenty of other possible dates to count from than the start of 2019.

I think Muspell Innes is a bad fit. He should be Nifl or Embla.

Also, I don't know why anyone cares about the color of Resplendents. New players would benefit from diverse colors, but most of us have a diverse roster already. Plus, what matters is the character and the quality of the costume, not their weapon type.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Also, I don't know why anyone cares about the color of Resplendents. New players would benefit from diverse colors, but most of us have a diverse roster already. Plus, what matters is the character and the quality of the costume, not their weapon type.

This is highly subjective. Just because you do not care about color does not mean others do not, nor does it mean color is any less significant as a criteria/property for somebody else.

While I sort of care about art, art is the last thing I care about in this game and it has very little impact on how I play the game. If a unit is good, I do not care who the unit is or how ugly they look, I would use them. I do not give two shits about Ike, but I use BH!Ike everyday for Aether Raids because his gameplay is amazing. I love Edelgard and Anna, but the only Edelgard I use with any sort of frequency is ANF!Edelgard and I rarely use any kind of Anna now. I find Cordelia's original artwork to be pretty darn ugly, but I use her anyways because she is cheap and her stat distribution is really good.

Who the characters are, what their back story are like, how pretty their artwork is, etc. are superficial and shallow properties to judge a unit by in my opinion as it has no effect on gameplay, but I do not go around telling others that gameplay is the only thing that matters.

Color might not matter to you, and art might not matter to me, but they do matter to somebody else, and their opinion on the matter is no less valid than yours or mine.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

maybe they finally start also releasing some Book 1 GHB units as Resplendants. I would welcome it alot.

My mind went straight to Muspell Valter which weirdly fits with the rumored FE8 theme and i guess the villainous vibe? That'd be rad. Would love to see more villain resplendants, actually would spend money on those.