Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, you never know if he'll eventually walk over the line into a prison cell. Best to separate oneself from liking the person before then. 

It's not even that. Legal or illegal, it is disturbing and reprehensible that there is a market for it. The behavior itself is evil.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, you never know if he'll eventually walk over the line into a prison cell. Best to separate oneself from liking the person before then. 

Oh yeah for sure. Not arguing that he wouldn't or that you shouldn't distance if you're uncomfortable but until that happens (if ever) then its likely he'll continue to recieve work.

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It's not even that. Legal or illegal, it is disturbing and reprehensible that there is a market for it. The behavior itself is evil.

Considering the lolicon market has the potential on paper, possibly in reality, to drive people from fantasy thoughts into absolutely criminal acts of greatly scarring the lives of real innocents forever, yes, I agree, it is disturbing. Best to condemn it. Not to say all young female characters in Japanese video games are the product of loliconism and should be erased from existence (because some are dressed conservatively and are good fictional characters), but IRL people of lolicon preferences should be kept at a minimum of 36 feet away.

Though I have a real hunch a mod is going to say this belongs in Serious Discussion, or nowhere on SF at all. Thus, I end my discussion of this matter now.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering the lolicon market has the potential on paper, possibly in reality, to drive people from fantasy thoughts into absolutely criminal acts of greatly scarring the lives of real innocents forever, yes, I agree, it is disturbing. Best to condemn it. Not to say all young female characters in Japanese video games are the product of loliconism and should be erased from existence (because some are dressed conservatively and are good fictional characters), but IRL people of lolicon preferences should be kept at a minimum of 36 feet away.

As long as the behavior does not cause actual harm, I think it is wrong to demonize and shame people over their fetishes and fantasies. Some people are into rape, NTR, bestiality, etc. in fiction, but that does not mean they would actually try those things in real life.

I have no qualms sending my students into extreme danger in Three Houses and I actually have fun doing it, but that does not mean I would want to send real life humans into a real warzone. I also fantasizing torturing people I do not like, and I savor the thoughts of hearing their bloody screams, but that does not mean that I would do that in real life either, even if I really want to.

Society is already oppressively puritanical as is, and persecuting people over mere preferences is uncalled for and totally unnecessary. All this toxicity that started just because people do not like an artist's style is ridiculous in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

As long as the behavior does not cause actual harm, I think it is wrong to demonize and shame people over their fetishes and fantasies. Some people are into rape, NTR, bestiality, etc. in fiction, but that does not mean they would actually try those things in real life.

I have no qualms sending my students into extreme danger in Three Houses and I actually have fun doing it, but that does not mean I would want to send real life humans into a real warzone. I also fantasizing torturing people I do not like, and I savor the thoughts of hearing their bloody screams, but that does not mean that I would do that in real life either, even if I really want to.

Society is already oppressively puritanical as is, and persecuting people over mere preferences is uncalled for and totally unnecessary. All this toxicity that started just because people do not like an artist's style is ridiculous in my opinion.

Depending on context (is being a furry being into bestiality), all of the above absolutely deserve judgement. We also don't have a deep enough understanding of psychology to determine whether such is causing actual harm. There's an argument for it being a "safe" outlet for bad behavior, and there's an argument for it perpetuating degenerate preferences that could lead to bad behavior. Pick your camp.

And that's all I'll say on the matter. Agree to disagree. I for one won't be purchasing EO, which I had an eye on, and I will be sending feedback to Nintendo. If Nintendo was convinced to distance themself from Byleth's original VA, they may do it again. 

But then again, maybe they won't. This is the same franchise that gave us Nowi...

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

34 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Depending on context (is being a furry being into bestiality), all of the above absolutely deserve judgement. We also don't have a deep enough understanding of psychology to determine whether such is causing actual harm. There's an argument for it being a "safe" outlet for bad behavior, and there's an argument for it perpetuating degenerate preferences that could lead to bad behavior.

Violent videogames have been around for the past half century or so, and the past half century is one of the most peaceful times on Earth. There are still wars across the world, but it is on scale that pales in comparison to WWI and WWII. Crime have also been dropping pretty significantly despite the massive increase in videogame consumption. Mass printed books have been around for a few hundred years, and no one is complaining about Fifty Shades of Grey leading women astray. Blaming media consumption for the ills of society is ridiculous.

All this hate, shaming, toxicity, and persecution is more far more harmful than what someone wants to draw and fap to in my opinion. Puritanical oppression and moral panics are what lead to stupid shit like the Prohibition banning alcohol, the demonization of D&D players as satanic worshippers despite most D&D campaigns being about just looting dungeons or combating evil, and the recent hostility against Islam in the last decade due to a small minority of terrorists.

It is one thing to attack an artist's style, but it is a whole other thing to go after their fetishes and fantasy when no actual physical harm is being done. Most artists in Japan have drew hentai at some point, and this artist specializing in loliwork is no different. It is one thing to critique an artist's work or style, but ad hominem attacks and scapegoating people's fetishes are things that should be avoided.

I do not like the artists' style either, but I think demonizing literally innocent people is going too far. It is not too late to grab pitchforks or torches once the artist is confirmed to actually be doing something that causes real harm like molesting a person or something.

Edited by XRay

Violence is a subject of nuance. It isn't just evil, but also the potential countermeasure against evil. It can harm, but it can also protect (and coincidentally, gasps that's what we're usually doing in video games). The same cannot be said of certain other vices.

Like I said, agree to disagree, but the comparison does not work on any level.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

...just saying, coming to this forum became a lot less fun when everyone began hating on Resplendent Lucina and/or her artist.

Just give it a few more days, everyone will forget it after the New Heroes reveal in the Sunday's Night.

21 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Just give it a few more days, everyone will forget it after the New Heroes reveal in the Sunday's Night.

.....Until it comes back again when the Resplendent is released on the 25th and when every FEH Pass subscriber has to look at that art in-game at least once.

That said, I'm done talking about it. The disappointment will always linger, but that's nothing new to me as an Atlanta Falcons fan.

48 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Could be Saturday. Or even tonight, they've done it that early before. That'd be neat.

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Am I the only one that even liking the new mode finds it too long? I mean, achieving 200K points while earning around 9K per match...

You have 6 days to get the 200k, if I understand it correctly. With the 3x score on first play each day, it's not hard.

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Am I the only one that even liking the new mode finds it too long? I mean, achieving 200K points while earning around 9K per match...

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

You have 6 days to get the 200k, if I understand it correctly. With the 3x score on first play each day, it's not hard.

The video guide they've posted states that the cumulative point rewards are for the duration of the event while tier rewards are given out at the end of each round.

10 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

He does have a secondary account linked on his bio where he draws nsfw lolicon (honestly I'd go as far to say toddlercon but admittedly I don't know where the fine line is drawn between those two) so yeah I'll agree on that making young Lucina art creepy. And imo all his previous art creepy too. Such a shame I liked his art, especially that of the older characters which, ironically, is way better despite him being a hardcore lolicon. Too bad he hasn't shown that off for FEH.

This just makes me dislike the art even more and I hope he never draws anything for FEH or anyone else ever again. Screw this guy.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Not that this should surprise anyone, but Dark Burdens won the poll and thus will get re-run in January.

The one that lost, though, was apparently Peony by a razor-thin margin (if this post on the FEH sub-reddit is correct, it lost third place to Dread Isle by about 139 votes). So, January's poll should be between the designated loser Dread Isle, Spendthrift Bow+, Mirabilis and Who Cares, and the "Get Your Spurn Here" banner.

Man, I keep voting for the Dread Isle banner because I want another shot at Nils, but it's only a matter of time before it gets last place, isn't it? It's never getting rerun.

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Nope, I agree. This new mode is too long. Hopefully the edit it down the line.

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This just makes me dislike the art even more and I hope he never draws anything for FEH or anyone else ever again. Screw this guy.

Man, I keep voting for the Dread Isle banner because I want another shot at Nils, but it's only a matter of time before it gets last place, isn't it? It's never getting rerun.

Nope, I agree. This new mode is too long. Hopefully the edit it down the line.

I wouldn't say it's never getting rerun. Anniversary events and such love chaining banners like that together.

And of course there's always the possibility of Nils being on a skill focus banner.

25 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wouldn't say it's never getting rerun. Anniversary events and such love chaining banners like that together.

And of course there's always the possibility of Nils being on a skill focus banner.

Nils will almost definitely be on this month's Infantry Pulse banner. That won't have a spark, though. It's possible that they'll have banners that lost the polls get spark reruns in special events like that, but who knows.

Haven't been around much but I figured I should at least give the new mode a go. I feared the worst after seeing the novella-length instructions but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by how relatively intuitive it is (compared to say, ARs), and I was able to at least hit 9k after a few attempts, which is apparently in the ballpark of what a decent score is, and that was before learning about the incidental features like refunding units. I'm also happy enough that it isn't an active battle mode because some of the existing ones need to be culled before adding more.

That said, I absolutely agree that it does drag on too long with the cumulative score mechanic, and I'd be happier to see it just be a "try to get a high score" mode instead like ABs and RBs. Playing a minimum of three, maybe six times (because of the daily bonus) over the three rounds sounds a lot more reasonable, absent any sort of autobattle mechanic. Given the extra incentive of the event opening quests it doesn't feel too bad, but in future editions of the event where we only have the single orb quest three times, it doesn't seem a great return for time invested. And it it just time given the infinite attempts - outside of getting a high score it devolves into a mindless clicker to get the 200k points.

As for the resplendent art drama, my only comment is at least the units who have gotten bad new art are ones who have had good-to-great art to begin with. I'm worried that inevitably a unit who already has bad art will get bad resplendent art and thus be doomed forever.

EDIT: I haven't fought in round 2 yet but by the sounds of it I may have spoken too soon?

Edited by Humanoid

I don't think reaching the cumulative score in Pawns of Loki is that bad.

We have 6 days to do it, so we need to get ~34k per day to reach 200k during the duration of the event. And we have a triple score bonus for the first match we play. If we consider that we get at least 8k per match, the first match will give us 24k, then 2 more matches will put the player above the ~34k needed per day. So basically 3 matches per day is what you need to reach 200k. In this example I gave, of getting 8k mer match, 3 matches grant you 40k... so you only need to play 15 matches, 3 per day, to get the all the cumulative points.

And this is considering 8k per match. In higher Tiers, we have more turns to play, which can also help in increasing the amount of points per match.

What can take your time is getting a high score enough to promote in the tiers, not getting the cumulative points.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't think reaching the cumulative score in Pawns of Loki is that bad.

We have 6 days to do it, so we need to get ~34k per day to reach 200k during the duration of the event. And we have a triple score bonus for the first match we play. If we consider that we get at least 8k per match, the first match will give us 24k, then 2 more matches will put the player above the ~34k needed per day. So basically 3 matches per day is what you need to reach 200k. In this example I gave, of getting 8k mer match, 3 matches grant you 40k... so you only need to play 15 matches, 3 per day, to get the all the cumulative points.

And this is considering 8k per match. In higher Tiers, we have more turns to play, which can also help in increasing the amount of points per match.

What can take your time is getting a high score enough to promote in the tiers, not getting the cumulative points.

Later rounds can be a bit complicated since they're also harder, my first attempt at the second round was also my worst score yet. (8.5k compared to 9-10k from the first round, but still.)

But yeah, getting a high individual score is a lot harder. Takes both luck and skill, and it can be tricky to identify what to improve, especially with the dynamics changing so much between rounds.

Just now, Javi Blizz said:

I see, I thought that it was 200K per round. 200K per event isn’t that bad

Yeah. 200k per round would be a pain to get.

Even though getting all those rewards 3 times would be welcomed, it would be too much work...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I've started noticing that a full Pawns run today has tended to take me about 20 minutes. That's... longer than I would have expected, which explains how I keep spending more time on it than planned. I'm going to have to keep that in mind when deciding when and how much to play.