• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Presumably it's bad right now because everyone is crunched together into the same tiers. I imagine as the whales separate into higher tiers as the game runs more, average players won't find as many ridiculous comps to bash their face against. In the meantime I hit 200k through intermediate without too much trouble and I still like the mode conceptually, so I'm not gonna write it off yet.

Yeah, been sticking with Intermediate and I'm almost at 200k with my usual amount of playing.  I dislike the fact it takes less strategic skill to get points (versus AR/Arena which is not nearly about grinding) , but it's at least a moderately creative attempt at a new mode.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

Presumably it's bad right now because everyone is crunched together into the same tiers. I imagine as the whales separate into higher tiers as the game runs more, average players won't find as many ridiculous comps to bash their face against. In the meantime I hit 200k through intermediate without too much trouble and I still like the mode conceptually, so I'm not gonna write it off yet.

Hmm, do we have confirmation of if enemies are split by tiers like that?

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm, do we have confirmation of if enemies are split by tiers like that?

No hard confirmation that im aware of, but this only started happening once the first round finished and people stopped being, well, untiered. It might not filter out like im thinking it will, but hopefully regardless they'll get hit with the feedback kick from the whiplash everyone felt round 2.

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

No hard confirmation that im aware of, but this only started happening once the first round finished and people stopped being, well, untiered. It might not filter out like im thinking it will, but hopefully regardless they'll get hit with the feedback kick from the whiplash everyone felt round 2.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll do something to make it so that in future instances, it'll be easier at least in lower tiers.

It'd be great if on the next Binding Blade banner (all the way in 2022) we could get Elphin as the demote. Lalum basically doesn't exist if you didn't already get her from her debut or legendary, and she's the only BB dancer.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I feel like he's gotta be the next most important Binding Blade character left. He's gotta be a sure thing for the next Binding batch.

One can only hope. 

I can't even imagine who would be on the next one.

I'd hope for Elffin, Wolt, Geese, and a Murdoch GHB.

They basically played their waifu cards for BB. Pretty much down to Ellen and Tate.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Lalum basically doesn't exist if you didn't already get her from her debut or legendary, and she's the only BB dancer.

Eh, it's possible (but unlikely) to blunder into her off-focus. That's how I got mine from the glitched Hero Fest (but too bad she was too recent to qualify me for a free Bernie).

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'd hope for Elffin, Wolt, Geese, and a Murdoch GHB.

Elffin, Douglas, Hugh, and Niime would be my hopes, with a Murdock GHB.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

They basically played their waifu cards for BB. Pretty much down to Ellen and Tate.

Isn't Tate Thea?

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Isn't Tate Thea?

Yeah.

The remaining females (and their all-time CYL vote totals) are:

Niime: 962
Cath: 937
Dorothy: 936
Elen: 479
Juno: 424

So yeah like Olivier said, the pickings are getting pretty slim.

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Elffin, Douglas, Hugh, and Niime would be my hopes, with a Murdock GHB.

Despite our disagreements elsewhere, I'd like this same set too.

Although Gonzales, Astolfo (he isn't in yet, right?), Dayan, Geese (and, to speak of FE7, his brother Geitz!) and Juno would all be on my list too. I don't particularly care for FE6 or its characters, but despite not being fond of them, I suppose I can name a bunch I care enough about that I'd like to seem them in FEH and would be a bit disappointed if they didn't show up. Weird.

I could see them maybe throwing Elffin into a seasonal instead for his introduction, unlikely because he'd be the draw for another FE6 banner, but if they really didn't care about that, maybe they'd do it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could see them maybe throwing Elffin into a seasonal instead for his introduction, unlikely because he'd be the draw for another FE6 banner, but if they really didn't care about that, maybe they'd do it.

I suppose they could make him the draw for another FE6 banner, but I'd rather they just make him the demote for an easy 3-4 dancer. But in all seriousness, they could just give a unit a busted kit and make people want to pull them because of that.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He only has 221 CYL votes (sixth lowest amount among the missing FE6 characters), so yeah he definitely isn't in Heroes at present.

🙁

Igrene wants him back. It's that one -unexpectedly and unusually touching- support, that makes me want the Ostian spy.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite our disagreements elsewhere, I'd like this same set too.

Not gonna lie, I don't remember any disagreements. I usually tend to forget those kinds of things pretty quick. XD

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He only has 221 CYL votes (sixth lowest amount among the missing FE6 characters), so yeah he definitely isn't in Heroes at present.

Yikes, guess I won't expect him anytime soon. Shame, I think he's actually very underrated as a character.

8 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wow, so they basically destroyed their new game mode’s fun by having to fight other player’s army of L!Edelgards...or at least if you want to be competitive rewards-wise. It was too kind to expect an actually fun mode 😕

Why do you want to be competitive rewards-wise? Personally, ever since I stopped worrying about my rank I’ve enjoyed the game more.

30 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why do you want to be competitive rewards-wise? Personally, ever since I stopped worrying about my rank I’ve enjoyed the game more.

Ranking high gives better rewards. While not every player cares about ranking in the top most tier, most players still want to rank well at a reasonably high tier with minimal effort. For example, I do not care about ranking in the top 1,000 in Aether Raids, but I still want to rank well in the top 10,000 or 20,000.

And having more resources makes the game more enjoyable since you can do more stuff with more resources. Sometimes you just want to go all out on a unit.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Ranking high gives better rewards. While not every player cares about ranking in the top most tier, most players still want to rank well at a reasonably high tier with minimal effort. For example, I do not care about ranking in the top 1,000 in Aether Raids, but I still want to rank well in the top 10,000 or 20,000.

Am I correct in thinking the reason you don’t care about ranking in the top 1000 is that you don’t think the extra effort is worth the extra resources?

I think most people who play Heroes want to have fun, they don’t want the rewards so much as they want more resources or trophies. In that case, it makes more sense to prioritise having fun over trying to get as many rewards as you can.

Also, I think to what extent the player cares about rank is their decision and not that of IS, even if they use gacha mechanics to try and influence the player.

Edited by Baldrick

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Am I correct in thinking the reason you don’t care about ranking in the top 1000 is that you don’t think the extra effort is worth the extra resources?

Yeah, I do not think the extra resource is worth the extra effort, but I still want those extra resources. Whenever there is a bonus unit that meshes well with my team, I still take a stab at ranking in the top 3,000 for the Gold Throne.

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I think most people who play Heroes want to have fun, they don’t want the rewards so much as they want more resources or trophies. In that case, it makes more sense to optimise how much fun you have more than optimise how many rewards you get. 

You cannot have fun if you do not have the resources to build or do what you want. I can give Reposition-Fury-Desperation to all my units and it would suffice for the most part, but that does not mean I do not want to build more expensive stuff from time to time. Even though I do not use her much, I overhauled my Edelgard and gave her Galeforce, Atk/Res Solo, Lull Atk/Def, and Rouse Atk/Res. All that costs Feathers and Orbs. While I can pay for more Orbs, I cannot really pay for more Feathers (I guess you technically can, but that is a huge waste of fodder). I still have to wait for 20,000 Feathers every week for more Galeforce and merges. I spent 140,000+ Feathers this past week just giving all my ninjas Galeforce, ITM!Zihark a merge, and my two Flayns Physic+, and that took me like three or four months to accumulate.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

While I can pay for more Orbs, I cannot really pay for more Feathers (I guess you technically can, but that is a huge waste of fodder). I still have to wait for 20,000 Feathers every week for more Galeforce and merges.

I have a system in place where I keep 5 of every 4* summon I make with exceptions:

• Any unit I already +10ed and has less than desired fodder skills (Gordin, Oboro, Wrys make perfect examples)
  • Any unit whose fodder skills are FREAKING useless, not counting assist (again, Oboro makes a perfect example)
  • I keep all Assist fodder at 3*, and since those units tend to not have good skills otherwise they'll get binned too (Oboro...)
  • Any unit whose fodder skills are not that high in demand and I do not have plans to ever get to 5* +10.
  • For 3 star units, the only units I keep are Assist fodder and Grail units. All others get binned.

This way, when the time comes that I need a skill, usually Galeforce, I do usually have the fodder unit in question plus enough grindable fodder to get the feathers together without having to wait. The only issue with my system is that it becomes quickly obsolete when I begin merging up a 4* unit, since then I extract every possible feather out of my books, which usually begins to dig into my Special skill fodder... but hey, hasn't been too big an issue so far. I still usually have the fodder I need and the feathers in an emergency.