Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Are you guys high tiers in Arena, or aim for high tiers? If you guys play whatever score you get on the Advanced Difficulty (if you play adnaced), then I can see why you guys run out of Arena medals...

But for players that want the highest score possible with their teams, it's very common to do way more than 5 matches per season... since there is a good chance of losing a unit and have to do the 5-matches run all over again. For these players, running out of medals is very rare.

I, for example, have 25k arena medals, because I am sure I do more that 5 matches in some seasons.

Yeah, that's also a factor. I've been tending towards Tier 20.5 (sometimes dropping to 19), so I have to do a lot. Although that also costs dueling crests and there's only so many of those, and resetting for high-scoring matches costs crests without getting medals for it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i have run out of Arena Medals now at least 3 times, i do Arena weekly (not daily). I just ran out of Arena Medals and cant refine Faes weapon, so yes it is possible. I have done Arena every week since the game launched. There are even cases where i had to farm Arena medals for refines.

I do it daily. 100 Feathers add up over time, and I can always use more Feathers.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Are you guys high tiers in Arena, or aim for high tiers? If you guys play whatever score you get on the Advanced Difficulty (if you play adnaced), then I can see why you guys run out of Arena medals...

But for players that want the highest score possible with their teams, it's very common to do way more than 5 matches per season... since there is a good chance of losing a unit and have to do the 5-matches run all over again. For these players, running out of medals is very rare.

I, for example, have 25k arena medals, because I am sure I do more that 5 matches in some seasons.

I finish my Arena run on the first day of the week, but I still do it daily for the rest of the week for practice since it does not take long and I get Feathers. It is also a nice way to give bonus units a small boost in SP in case you need them to learn other skills later.

I’m at 30,586 medals even though I just let myself bounce between tier 19 and 20 and as such don’t typically do more Arena matches than necessary. I also always go for Advanced.

As for the Forma (now that they’re officially announced), I actually bought a Soul and so I’m kinda tempted to use it for Dimitri (because mine is a puke inducing +Res/-Atk). 

I mostly float between tiers 19-20 in Arena. Sometimes I can sneak into Tier 21 if there is a bonus unit I have high merges on. I try to play at least two Arena matches a day for the 100 feathers.

Arena Assault however, I'm on the verge of giving up on that mode. 7 rounds of having to put up with L!Azura, L!Chrom and every other annoying Legendary/Duo/etc. every week is just too much for me at this point. If a unit gets knocked out I just deal with the penalty score because I do not want to play that mode more than I need to. I wish they would shorten it to five round just so it is a little bit more bearable.

Edited by NSSKG151

I'm taking a lazier approach now where T18 is an acceptable outcome. Essentially:

- If in T20, I'll just get the 5 wins on Beginner and accept the demotion.

- If in T19, I'll play 5 matches on Advanced, ideally promoting back to T20, but if I fail to get perfect wins, I'll get demoted to T18 instead. I accept it because it's still 4 orbs either way.

- If in T18 I ensure I play well enough on Advanced to promote back up to T19, since a further demotion would result in a lost orb.

I'm in 19.5 these days, since the investment being demanded to remain in 20.5 is too high for me to be able to keep up. Theoretically I could enter tier 21 if the bonus unit were LegTiki, but not when LegJulia and LegChrom still exist.

I aim for no deaths in my runs, so it's not like I don't do just 5 arena battles per week.

I am fine being Tier 20-21. I don't feel it's hard for me to promote to Tier 21, and I don't even have a high merged Legendary Hero to boost my score. Then, the following season is demotion season, so I play with whatever team I want.

I can only keep Tier 21 if the bonus unit is someone I already +10ed a long time ago... like Hawkeye in the last season.

The banner has some nice stuff, but nowhere near enough to spend orbs on. I have a Fjorm, but GO fodder on red or grey is fine. Some nice T4 skills and stuff like Guard Bearing. 

Good banner, bit no direct must have value for me.

The game must've felt bad about not giving me any 5-stars on the last double special heroes banner (got two 4-star Narcians, but with shitty natures). This one gave me both Bridal Fjorm and Summer Byleth+Rhea. The former wasn't a freebie but she showed up in the first circle, the latter was free and summoned via ticket. Got my first Ilyana too even if her nature is bad. Since I didn't have any of the characters on this banner at all, it was pretty nice summoning two of them.

Did a true solo against Galle & Berkut's Infernals:

Imagine killing this guy when you do 0x2 and you can't charge your specials with a 20 Atk unit...

Edited by the actual real soul

As someone who has spent 999 orbs in a span of 3 days, it's scary to realize how short-lived that sense of satisfaction lasts. I'm so glad I don't spend money on this game because it only takes a little bit to start feeling numb to summoning and just go on auto pilot when you're spending so many orbs in a short time span as someone who hasn't spent orbs in such a long time. I find the "out of sight out of mind" mentality working against me once I dug into my orb savings in the present box when summoning in batches; I only collect one page of orbs at a time so my visible orb count is gated by the amount you can collect on each page of the present list. That little break in between summoning using one page of orbs -> summoning -> next page of orbs is enough to make me think I haven't really spent that many orbs since it's done in batches of ~100 orbs at a time.

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 11/22/2020 at 7:16 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@the actual real soul

That was a great clear! Your Merlinus is a very interesting unit! Good luck getting the remaining copies to +10 him.

THANK YOU I DO HAVE FUN BUILDING HIM I WISH I HAD MORE COPIES I ALREADY USED AROUND 300 ORBS BUT I AM GETTING UNLUCKY I AM CURRENTLY @3.5% I HOPE I GET HIM TOMORROW AT LEAST ONE MORE COPY

On 11/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, Flying Shogi said:

As someone who has spent 999 orbs in a span of 3 days, it's scary to realize how short-lived that sense of satisfaction lasts. I'm so glad I don't spend money on this game because it only takes little while to feel numb to summoning when you're spending so many orbs in a short time span when I haven't spent orbs in such a long time.

yeh I know how it feels when you have a lot to spend it's really easy for it to just drain away without even really enjoying the experience as much. I remember when I saved up to 650 for W.Lissa last Christmas, and stuff just went by. It's compulsive.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, Flying Shogi said:

I find the tactic of out of sight go out mind mentality working against me once I dug into my orb savings in the present box when summoning in batches is gated by the amount you can collect on each page of the present list. That little break in between summoning using one page of orbs -> summoning -> next page of orbs is enough to make me think I haven't really spent that many orbs since it's done in batches of ~100 orbs at a time.

jajajaja what didn't even know that was a thing. I just save and collect them normally. I still never got to 999 (why not 1000? imao)

1 hour ago, the actual real soul said:

jajajaja what didn't even know that was a thing. I just save and collect them normally. I still never got to 999 (why not 1000? imao)

Yeah, the present box can keep impulses in check if you just leave orbs in there so the visible orb count rises slowly. I was close to hitting 1K visible orbs from only non-login bonus sources but a banner tempted me. The display can go up to 4 digits but it just so happened that I spent 999 orbs lol

Edited by Flying Shogi

9 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Okay, now I'm curious, what's the highest orb count y'all have gotten to?  i'm sort of curious to see if anyone's ever hit the max orb amount 😮 (isn't it something like 9,999?)

(~1270 here, before nin!zihark got me.)

Highest visible orbs count I remember seeing is 893 and got baited for ~400 at a certain point but I want to say I had also had ~350 in the present box at the time? 

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Okay, now I'm curious, what's the highest orb count y'all have gotten to?  i'm sort of curious to see if anyone's ever hit the max orb amount 😮 (isn't it something like 9,999?)

(~1270 here, before nin!zihark got me.)

I hit somewhere in the 900s at one point, I think early Book 4.

At the beginning of 2020 I had almost 2000 orbs since I spent the previous year saving up orbs. Then an Anna alt finally happened on New Years and then another Anna was added six months later. Recently I managed to get over 1000 orbs after I have been saving orbs since July. Though really there is not many characters left that I am looking forward to seeing being added to Heroes at this point besides a fourth Anna (would prefer Fates Anna but would also be fine with Three Houses Anna) just so an Anna Emblem team can be possible. Also still waiting on a few characters from Archanea such as Wolf, Sedgar and especially Nyna.

My spitball of a guess will be the sequel to midget Lucina that no one wanted or asked for: shota Leo (so blonde Raigh basically) by Himukai Yuji Muspell Ephraim. 

As long as it's a sufficient palette cleanser for the one we're about to get, I really don't care who's up next.

Well, another disappointment for me. The art for Niles is fine, and it's nice to finally get another unit in Muspell clothes, but...I really dislike Niles. He's up there with Peri as one of my least favorite video game characters of all time, let alone just Fire Emblem. Hopefully whoever comes after him will be better for me!