Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

dncryfi8hq161.png

This is useful.

So... or IntSys made a mistake and we will get "X will be moved to a different month" in a future notification... or starting on February (or even with Book V), Legendary/Mythic Banners will have 4 heroes for each color.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... or IntSys made a mistake and we will get "X will be moved to a different month" in a future notification... or starting on February (or even with Book V), Legendary/Mythic Banners will have 4 heroes for each color.

I think it's more likely that some of the February units will be on a different banner, probably a Hero Fest. February would be a fitting time for that.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think it's more likely that some of the February units will be on a different banner, probably a Hero Fest. February would be a fitting time for that.

41 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Another possibility is that we are finally getting an upgrade to the weapon refinery, being able to Refine legendary weapons/Prf skills maybe. This is speculation based on the fact that Gunntrha, Ephraim, Fjorm and Grima are on the banner, which are all quite old. Mostly missing Ike to round out the oldest units. This speculation has been made because the next book will be in Nidavelir, realm of Dwarves. Dwarves are of course often depicted as master craftsmen, so maybe they will be able to aid the Order of Heroes with an upgrade to the refinery.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Another possibility is that we are finally getting an upgrade to the weapon refinery, being able to Refine legendary weapons/Prf skills maybe. This is speculation based on the fact that Gunntrha, Ephraim, Fjorm and Grima are on the banner, which are all quite old. Mostly missing Ike to round out the oldest units. This speculation has been made because the next book will be in Nidavelir, realm of Dwarves. Dwarves are of course often depicted as master craftsmen, so maybe they will be able to aid the Order of Heroes with an upgrade to the refinery.

Would that imply putting them on a New Power banner? That's a possibility, but those are usually early in the month, and this was listed for late February.

Well, since February is the anniversary month, it's possible that February alone is going to be really fucky.

Or maybe it's a sign that after February, we'll be seeing 4 spots on the legendary/mythic banners instead of 3. If later months that are not February also start putting 4 characters on colors we'll get our answer, but I feel like if February's lineup is a mistake and they moved one of Gunnthra or Yune, they would've announced it already. Even if a given character is not on the current banner, don't they usually mention if someone's reappearance date has been changed at earliest opportunity?

I don't see them making an error this obvious and not already correcting it by now, they seem to plan out legendary banners better than that. And the other banners don't look set for 16-unit lineups to me, March in particular only has two each in red/blue but we're already seeing plenty of red/blue units in later months.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Makes sense. I also like seeing big numbers. Right now I don't have many merge projects because I don't plan on pulling anything until Spring. You can probably tell that I don't really use many units aside from the same ones you see in my videos

What merge project do you have?

Moving the conversation here.

Currently I'm waiting for more copies of Seth and Clair to get them to +10. Thinking of building Palla. Then there are the ones I'm still waiting for good traits before investing: F!Corrin, Seteth(only a few copies), Altena, and Silas, and Tharja. Kaze is also on the list but that can wait until he gets a refine, which might take a while but that's not a problem. Raigh & Chad I might +10 as well once I +10 Lugh but that's still far away. 

Still need to pick an archer and healer from the 3*/4* pool to +10 but no one's caught my eye yet.   

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Currently I'm waiting for more copies of Seth and Clair to get them to +10. Thinking of building Palla. Then there are the ones I'm still waiting for good traits before investing: F!Corrin, Seteth(only a few copies), Altena, and Silas, and Tharja. Kaze is also on the list but that can wait until he gets a refine, which might take a while but that's not a problem. Raigh & Chad I might +10 as well once I +10 Lugh but that's still far away. 

Still need to pick an archer and healer from the 3*/4* to +10 but no one's caught my eye yet.   

That's a lot of merge projects! I can't really think of many good archers or healers. Norne is probably the best 3*-4* archer, huh? I want to build one up myself, but I don't have Spendthrift Bow. Will you go down that route?

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Still need to pick an archer and healer from the 3*/4* to +10 but no one's caught my eye yet.   

Gordin could be a fun option, I ended up building him for my Infantry Pulse Dark Defense team.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

That's a lot of merge projects! I can't really think of many good archers or healers. Norne is probably the best 3*-4* archer, huh? I want to build one up myself, but I don't have Spendthrift Bow. Will you go down that route?

You know, with how annoying Spendthrift Bow Norne is, I probably should but I don't believe in foddering 5* exclusive units unless I've +10'ed them, which at the moment it's only SF!Nino but even then I don't think I can bring myself to do it because it's Nino.

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

Gordin could be a fun option, I ended up building him for my Infantry Pulse Dark Defense team.

Mind sharing the build?

Edited by Flying Shogi

Just now, Flying Shogi said:

You know, with how annoying Spendthrift Bow Norne is, I probably should but I don't believe in foddering 5* exclusive units unless I've +10'ed them, which at the moment it's only SF!Nino but even then I don't think I can bring myself to do it because it's Nino.

Why wait until you +10 the 5* unit? If you're going to eventually fodder it, there isn't any point in maxing out that unit, right? I fodder most of the 5* exclusives I get as pity breakers if I have no plans on merging them

The only thing I max out on the unit in question is HM. Deflower, defeather, and send the unit to the chopping block! Yay!

22 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Might sharing the build?

5ub5s7Z.jpg

It's not exactly optimal, but I've found it plenty effective. He's getting double Infantry Pulse from Nils and Seliph, so Quickened Pulse lets him activate Ignis on his second hit. He's paired with Merric, who uses a similar build, so Drive Def lets them boost each other's Ignis hits. (Merric has Dark Excalibur, Sturdy Impact, and a Sturdy Blow seal.)

I see so many people try to throw Brave Edelgard at them and she gets shredded, it's great. All five of my defense matches so far this season have been successes, and that's happened in four of them! I think a lot of people underestimate Gordin and Merric, and if they look at the sets and see unoptimized skills, it reinforces that preconception unless they check their allies and do the math, lol.

48 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:
Why wait until you +10 the 5* unit? If you're going to eventually fodder it, there isn't any point in maxing out that unit, right? I fodder most of the 5* exclusives I get as pity breakers if I have no plans on merging them

The only thing I max out on the unit in question is HM. Deflower, defeather, and send the unit to the chopping block! Yay!

I like having a copy of every character I've pulled so I never get to the state where I use them for fodder. At the same time, I know I would hate it if I foddered a unit for a skill that becomes more accessible later on so I much rather prefer to have kept the unit in the first place given that I've gotten to the part of the game where I don't necessary need any new skills outside of the ones available in the 3*/4* pool. Anything fancy would just be a luxury, not a necessity and that also helps me save orbs so I'm not tempted by new skills.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not exactly optimal, but I've found it plenty effective. He's getting double Infantry Pulse from Nils and Seliph, so Quickened Pulse lets him activate Ignis on his second hit. He's paired with Merric, who uses a similar build, so Drive Def lets them boost each other's Ignis hits. (Merric has Dark Excalibur, Sturdy Impact, and a Sturdy Blow seal.)

I see so many people try to throw Brave Edelgard at them and she gets shredded, it's great. All five of my defense matches so far this season have been successes, and that's happened in four of them! I think a lot of people underestimate Gordin and Merric, and if they look at the sets and see unoptimized skills, it reinforces that preconception unless they check their allies and do the math, lol.

Interesting. I'll have to put this on the back burner until Infantry Pulse is in the 4* summoning pool.

1 minute ago, Flying Shogi said:

I like having a copy of every character I've pulled so I never get to the state where I use them for fodder. At the same time, I know I would hate it if I foddered a unit for a skill that becomes more accessible later on so I much rather prefer to have kept the unit in the first place given that I've gotten to the part of the game where I don't necessary need any new skills outside of the ones available in the 3*/4* pool. Anything fancy would just be a luxury, not a necessity and that also helps me save orbs so I'm not tempted by new skills.

That makes sense. I used to try and pull for skills, but now I don't do that anymore. It's just a luxury to have fancy premium fodder, as you said. If I happen to get someone as a pity breaker, I'll probably fodder him or her. I've gotten Tibarn, Duo Ephraim, Male Kris as random summons thus far!

we'll never get QR3 on a 4* unit though so don't get your hopes up about that

32 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Interesting. I'll have to put this on the back burner until Infantry Pulse is in the 4* summoning pool.

Makes sense. Personally, I always keep a copy of each unit and never intentionally pull for fodder (or merges), but I consider incidental duplicates fair game, so once I got a second Dorcas I fed Seliph the weaker one. If you have a couple of units that naturally have Infantry Pulse, that'd work too, so you can get it on the team without needing fodder. (Nils being the best one, since he's a dancer.) But considering how it's an old skill that's appeared on both a grail unit and a seasonal demote, I could see Infantry Pulse making it into the proper 4* pool at some point.

Personally I'd been hoping November's combat manuals would include Dorcas so I could get another copy of it and give it to Merric, although Winter Fae is even better.

40 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

we'll never get QR3 on a 4* unit though so don't get your hopes up about that

We said the same thing about changing traits and here we are. As for QR3, I'll keep complaining until it happens. At this rate though, QR4 is gonna happen before QR3 hits the 4* summoning pool.  

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

We said the same thing about changing traits and here we are. As for QR3, I'll keep complaining until it happens. At this rate though, QR4 is gonna happen before QR3 hits the 4* summoning pool.  

Odd thing, aint it QR3... it's been in the game since launch, units got QR3 as a skill, but... it just won't drop to 4*. Skills that were released AFTER QR3 got dropped sooner than QR3, even among grail units, and yet QR3 just won't drop.
They'll throw automatic follow-ups on whatever units they want, but god forbid we can put QR3 on someone...

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Odd thing, aint it QR3... it's been in the game since launch, units got QR3 as a skill, but... it just won't drop to 4*. Skills that were released AFTER QR3 got dropped sooner than QR3, even among grail units, and yet QR3 just won't drop.
They'll throw automatic follow-ups on whatever units they want, but god forbid we can put QR3 on someone...

It should also go noted that it has been nearly a year and a half since QR3 was even given to a unit at all (Nah, in June 2019).

Coincidentally, Nah would get QR3 at 4* rarity if she was ever made available at that rarity. The same applies to almost all of the other 5* locked units with QR3 Leo, Deirdre, Dancer Xander, Flora, and New Year's Hrid.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

They can demote Leo and we can have both QR3 and Blazing Light in the 4* pool but that would make too much sense.

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No!!!! He will break the game!

That would only actually have a chance of happening if they ever add a Trick Room like skill (for the Pokemon illiterate: reverses Spd so that lower is good and higher is bad) or some other skill that inverts stats.

It's honestly pathetically sad how they made Leo so bad in this game three times. 

Edited by Tybrosion

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That would only actually have a chance of happening if they ever add a Trick Room like skill (reverses Spd so that lower is good and higher is bad) or some other skill that inverts stats.

Sounds like that could potentially be very very very damaging, even to a non-player. If all it flipped was Spd, then there is the fact that a dearth in one stat means the points have to go elsewhere to balance the BST spreadsheet. And therefore, FEH could be plagued by a rise of the sluggernauts. Although, the Pokemon metagame has survived for generations since the creation of Trick Room, FEH could get by. And, it wouldn't do anything to flip the brave effect probably, it'd be fairer I suppose to make flipping that a separate skill.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

44 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That would only actually have a chance of happening if they ever add a Trick Room like skill (for the Pokemon illiterate: reverses Spd so that lower is good and higher is bad) or some other skill that inverts stats.

It's honestly pathetically sad how they made Leo so bad in this game three times. 

You know, if I was told that someone on Heroes' development staff hated Leo because he's more popular than Xander overall, I'd totally believe it. I really can't think of any other explanation as to why he's so ... well, bad. Just, look at Henry, whose armored self has quite different and usable stats compared to his normal self. Besides, Leo doesn't have a weapon effect that justifies him being slow, like Micaiah being effective on 2 types on top of other ridiculous effects.