Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Lanko said:

I still can't understand the Aether Raid 6th offensive slot.

I put a Mythic Light or someone blessed with Light in the slot, it doesn't work (any unit doesn't work), despite also putting Mythics of every other of the 4 blessings of the season in the first five slots. The "x" doesn't disappear and when trying to battle the game says you can't use the 6th unit.

The bonus slot becomes available from new mythics. Currently, Reginn is the only one with the effect, so it's only Astra right now, not Light. The thing you get from fielding a Light bonus mythic (Freyja, right now) is reducing the lift lost from having units defeated. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

The bonus slot becomes available from new mythics. Currently, Reginn is the only one with the effect, so it's only Astra right now, not Light. The thing you get from fielding a Light bonus mythic (Freyja, right now) is reducing the lift lost from having units defeated. 

Ohh... so I have to do it with Reginn and onwards. Geez I unless I got tilted that hard trying to enable the thing I'm pretty sure the ingame it doesn't say this.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Geez I unless I got tilted that hard trying to enable the thing I'm pretty sure the ingame it doesn't say this.

It's the new Mythic effect called "Raiding Party Bonus". According to the "Edit Raiding Parties" details:

If a Mythic Hero with "Raiding Party Bonus" is included in a raiding party during the corresponding season, a special slot can be used. The special-slot Hero grants no bonus to Aetheric Lift acquisition.

(Mythic Heroes and blessed allies will not affect boosts to lift, bonus Heroes will not boost Lift, and bonus Mythic Heroes will have no effect on Lift lost when placed in the special slot).

Basically you get a 6th unit slot in AR-O, or a 7th unit slot in AR-D. This hero will not affect increase the lift gain from offensive matches, and will not affect the lift loss reduction if placed in a defensive map.

I recommend using this special slot to add an extra Mythic Hero, so you can have 4 Mythics in Offensive, or 3 Mythics in defense, without any penalty to your lift gain / lift loss reduction.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's the new Mythic effect called "Raiding Party Bonus". According to the "Edit Raiding Parties" details:

If a Mythic Hero with "Raiding Party Bonus" is included in a raiding party during the corresponding season, a special slot can be used. The special-slot Hero grants no bonus to Aetheric Lift acquisition.

(Mythic Heroes and blessed allies will not affect boosts to lift, bonus Heroes will not boost Lift, and bonus Mythic Heroes will have no effect on Lift lost when placed in the special slot).

Basically you get a 6th unit slot in AR-O, or a 7th unit slot in AR-D. This hero will not affect increase the lift gain from offensive matches, and will not affect the lift loss reduction if placed in a defensive map.

I recommend using this special slot to add an extra Mythic Hero, so you can have 4 Mythics in Offensive, or 3 Mythics in defense, without any penalty to your lift gain / lift loss reduction.

Raiding parties are just offense, I think defense will get a different type of bonus? But they didn't say what.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Raiding parties are just offense, I think defense will get a different type of bonus? But they didn't say what.

I kinda expect to work the same way: an extra slot in the team for a unit that will not affect the lift loss reduction. I mean, if you go to AR-D and edit teams, there is a 7th empty slot there.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I kinda expect to work the same way: an extra slot in the team for a unit that will not affect the lift loss reduction. I mean, if you go to AR-D and edit teams, there is a 7th empty slot there.

Well then, that does imply that. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Well then, that does imply that. Interesting.

Here's more info, from the details in editing aether keeps:

JoIGlgE.jpg

From what I understood, if all 7 units in the defensive map are alive, the unit in the 7th slot (which I will call now 7th unit), will be treated as a unit that already acted (aka, this unit will be gray, not able to move, rally or initiate combats).

Once one of the 6 others units is defeated, the 7th unit will start to act as any other unit, and be able to move, rally and initiate combats.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's more info, from the details in editing aether keeps:

JoIGlgE.jpg

From what I understood, if all 7 units in the defensive map are alive, the unit in the 7th slot (which I will call now 7th unit), will be treated as a unit that already acted (aka, this unit will be gray, not able to move, rally or initiate combats).

Once one of the 6 others units is defeated, the 7th unit will start to act as any other unit, and be able to move, rally and initiate combats.

Oooh, nice. Good find!

It sounds like they'd be possible to dance, I wonder how that will work out in practice.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oooh, nice. Good find!

It sounds like they'd be possible to dance, I wonder how that will work out in practice.

Yeah, That's a good point... Can the 7th Hero be danced? I expected us to find this answer next month, because I predict January's Mythic hero to be a defensive hero... and since it's been a logn time since an Anima hero, I predict it will be a New Mythic from Anima blessing.

29 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Not sure if anyone shares this opinion but there's no clear visual indicator the new book 5 OCs are a dwarf species other than we've been told that. Visually they look like regular sized humans.

They are pretty short, although that might just be Reginn. Once we see Alfonse and Reginn's brothers in the same scene, we can better judge their statures then.

According to Wikipedia, dwarves were not noted for being short originally, and dwarves being associated with shortness probably came after the Christianization of Northern Europe and Scandinavia.

So, mythics will now have both a stat boost and their Party effect. I wonder if future legendaries will do the same thing, having both a stat boost and their Duel effect. That would let us finally get Earth/Res and Fire/Spd. Not in their original forms, but still.

It just occurred to me that each new book's heroine has been -- how do I put this into words? -- roughly the same age-wise and perhaps type. None of them are like Igrene, Manuela, Nailah, Orochi?, Reina, Sonya, or Titania much less Niime as older women or as dangerous and problematic it could be, like Delthea, PoR Mist, Sanaki, Veronica, or Ylgr. Reginn comes close to the latter with her stature since she does actually look short. The type thing is that we haven't had anyone like Beruka, Brigid, Echidna, Laegjarn, Malice, Minerva, Nailah again, Panne, Rinkah, or Shamir as rougher characters. For the most part, Fjorm, Eir, Peony, and Reginn are very friendly. Eir comes the closest where her upbringing under Hel has resulted her in being distant, but she's not like Minerva who is often straightforward. We don't even have crazy people like imagine a heroine version of Kronya.

All of this could be done with any kind of character. We could, for example, have Book VI's story unit be a golem or something. That said, it would be nice to have a future Book's unit be like Caineghis, Duessel, Legault, Loki, Lyon, Nailah, Orochi, Owain, Shinon, Sonya, Titania, or Virion among others. Proud nobles or warriors, tricksters, pompous twits, veterans, broken heroes, those who worked underground and done some unsavory things, or even assholes and wackjobs.

We should be seeing which character gets the Resplendent treatment after Niles soon. I'm all outta guesses as to who it could be, I'm always wrong, ha.

Edit: It's Delthea, and she's in a dark fairy outfit. I will say, she has the best of the fairy outfits so far.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

For a second I thought Delthea was dressing up for Halloween and then realized it was Dokkalfheimr attire. She looks younger every time she gets new art. I'm kind of surprised Delthea got resplendent art before Celica. Though I'm fine with that since my Delthea is currently at +7 merges and I was waiting to see if she would actually get resplendent art before I attempted to get the last few merges for her.

Was seriously considering breaking my "boycott feh pass" stance just this once for Niles but seeing that Delthea art has made me reconsider. She looks even younger than her regular art which already looked younger than her appearance in SoV. At this rate I expect to see any potential next alt of hers at diaper wearing age like Lucina

"When my brother sees me all dressed up, maybe he'll finally stop treating me like a little girl!"

You look like a fairy butterfly, how will this help that at all???

What good art! Hopefully the follow-up unit won't completely turn me off like Niles did... though again with the unit I +10ed already and has worthless fodder...

...I wonder if Resplendents from the new kingdom will be Cavs who ride mechanized horses...?

48 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Was seriously considering breaking my "boycott feh pass" stance just this once for Niles but seeing that Delthea art has made me reconsider. She looks even younger than her regular art which already looked younger than her appearance in SoV. At this rate I expect to see any potential next alt of hers at diaper wearing age like Lucina

This is keeping in mind that she's like 14 years old in SoV, right? With Lucy yeah it was kinda iffy, but Del is 14 years old and looks about that age in all her artwork.

Edited by Xenomata

So, with the amount of times Luthier is mentioned by either form of Delthea, along with scoring well amongst SoV characters, it's kind of amazing they still haven't bothered to put him in yet.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This is keeping in mind that she's like 14 years old in SoV, right? With Lucy yeah it was kinda iffy, but she is 14 years old and looks about that age in all her artwork.

Yeah I'm fully aware she's in her early teens. Which why I said they made her "even younger" as opposed to just young.

Not really related or anything but funnily enough, Lyn is 15 and she's already looks like a young adult so FE characters must have like a huge growth spurt between 14 and 15

First decent fairy alt. Not great, but decent.

(Also, FEH pass boycotts make little sense when the business model of the game itself is more evil than FEH pass is. You're already playing a pay to win gacha game, and that isn't doing the industry any favors).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Delthea's lower wings have eyes on them. Kind of creepy, even though it's not uncommon to see moths/butterflies with "eye spots" on their wings. I guess it's just eerie on Delthea since it feels like something's hidden and waiting to spring.

Also, I always agreed with Luthier sooo much more than Delthea in their dynamic/world views. I wonder when he'll come into Heroes.