• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

How so?

If your opponent survives after combat they can't retaliate with a special after getting danced or something, so that gives your tank a great amount of survivability. It also neutralizes turn-one special shenanigans . It would be kind of broken for a Bonfire or something to be completely shut down by a skill like that. Melancholy has that niche, but those healers won't be crazy tanks or offensive nukes.

45 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

How so?

It's one of the best ways for tanks to use their C slot to protect themselves, making it so that they don't have to worry about affected enemies getting to open with their special on their next combat.

Since the year is almost over and there's only one unit left to add before it ends, I made an image showing all the units each game got this year. 

I shouldn't need to say which game got the most units overall or which game got nothing at all: 

Spoiler

vl4XR6D.png

Oh, and Hilda's in charge of the FEH Twitter now because Feh is somehow even lazier than her.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Since the year is almost over and there's only one unit left to add before it ends, I made an image showing all the units each game got this year. 

I shouldn't need to say which game got the most units overall or which game got nothing at all: 

Reveal hidden contents

vl4XR6D.png

Not at all surprised to see Three Houses with all that content. Surprised that Blazing Blade had some of the least amount of attention, and how Genealogy had some of the most attention.

I absolutely crack up whenever I see folks (not on here, more on reddit) complain about Tellius bias and then the raw numbers come out and FE4 of all games has more regular new heroes than it does this year. Not a slam on FE4, more just not what I'd expect in terms of chronological popularity.  Also, uh, shows some folks' perceptions may be a tad skewed.

( thanks for making the chart @Tybrosion ! genuinely cool to see the breakdown. FE1/11 had a good year. Overall a lot more balanced than I had presumed, minus the obvious 3H tilt. )

2 hours ago, kradeelav said:

I absolutely crack up whenever I see folks (not on here, more on reddit) complain about Tellius bias and then the raw numbers come out and FE4 of all games has more regular new heroes than it does this year. Not a slam on FE4, more just not what I'd expect in terms of chronological popularity.  Also, uh, shows some folks' perceptions may be a tad skewed.

But you are cherry picking numbers and skewing perceptions too though if you are ignoring Special, Legendary, and Mythic Heroes. I do not think it is a fair assessment to look at only normal Heroes in the regular summoning pool. Special Heroes as a group in particular is arguably easier to plan and budget for since they have a pretty predictable schedule. New Heroes Foci got guaranteed summons, but Special Heroes Foci got the consistency and predictability that a player can rely on to set longer term goals.

Looking at the raw number of total Heroes, Tellius as a series got the most representation, so there is certainly a lot more attention being paid to Tellius. Elibe as a series is second. Jugdral is still dead last at third with the Thracia half getting nothing.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

But you are cherry picking numbers and skewing perceptions too though if you are ignoring Special, Legendary, and Mythic Heroes. I do not think it is a fair assessment to look at only normal Heroes in the regular summoning pool. Special Heroes as a group in particular is arguably easier to plan and budget for since they have a pretty predictable schedule. New Heroes Foci got guaranteed summons, but Special Heroes Foci got the consistency and predictability that a player can rely on to set longer term goals.

Looking at the raw number of total Heroes, Tellius as a series got the most representation, so there is certainly a lot more attention being paid to Tellius. Elibe as a series is second. Jugdral is still dead last at third with the Thracia half getting nothing.

Fair with the cherry picking numbers, but I also know simple 'New Heroes' are the ones that I personally look forward to the most, given I'm not fond of the the Mythic/Legendary squad, or seasonals. Think it depends more on personal priorities.  (Actually, what I am surprised that less people mention is the sheer later-game powercreep favoritism that leaves a lot of the Fatesawakening characters in a place that requires a loooot more investment. )

Man, @Othin - that's a gorgeous chart!  You are firmly the excel guru in my mind now. :D  What i am seeing there is IS is actualy sort of making an attempt to balance out the numbers between the games since they've had to back-load a chunk of 3H to make up for nothing in the first few years.

2 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Actually, what I am surprised that less people mention is the sheer later-game powercreep favoritism that leaves a lot of the Fatesawakening characters in a place that requires a loooot more investment.

Plenty of people complain about power creep too, but I think they are overblowing the issue. In terms of stats, Resplendent stats and extra Flowers would put any gen I unit on par with the latest gen V units. But total BST is not all that meaningful outside of a handful of units as stat distribution matters a lot more. If anything, more stats can be pretty detrimental on the wrong unit, as player phase units for example do NOT want high bulk.

With extra Flowers alone, Cordelia already matches Seteth in Atk/Spd but has better stat distribution due to lower bulk and access to a much better exclusive Weapon. Tharja is one of the few units in the game that can be a Blazing Blade mage, combining the high damage output of Blazing nukes AND the high damage output of Blade mages. Cherche is still the best slow Brave Axe flier in the game. Lucina herself is still really good as a melee beatstick as she effectively has 39/39 Atk/Spd compared to the latest units and Sealed Falchion allows her to overwhelm them with raw stats. BH!Lucina and M!Corrin are the best stat buffers in the game, and as support units, BST does not really matter for them. PA!Azura is one of the more unique Dancers/Singers with the whole B slot Dance skills on her Weapon. Kagero is pretty decent as a Aether Raids defense nuke and can be a nightmare to face on an Infantry Pulse team for the unprepared.

Not every Awakening or Fates character are as good as the above units, but not every new unit is amazing either.

39 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Man, @Othin - that's a gorgeous chart!  You are firmly the excel guru in my mind now. 😄 What i am seeing there is IS is actualy sort of making an attempt to balance out the numbers between the games since they've had to back-load a chunk of 3H to make up for nothing in the first few years.

Thanks! Technically this isn't Excel, but the stuff I'm doing here in Google Sheets is stuff I learned with Excel for my job.

That's one of the sample charts from my spreadsheet, but you can use the pivot table generator to make ones like that for any of the fields you want to compare!

And yeah, things seem to be balancing out between most of the games.

Edited by Othin

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Can someone give me link to the official survey? I can' t open any read more of the in game notification

It won't load for me, either. And I don't see anything about it on the official Twitter.

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Can someone give me link to the official survey? I can' t open any read more of the in game notification

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

It won't load for me, either. And I don't see anything about it on the official Twitter.

Try this link I will place in the spoilers tab:

I got it from Gamepedia. I had no problem in accessing the survey from the FEH app.

it wasn't until today - after i've been hitting T25 reliably, no less - that i only now realized that Dark blessings were required to reduce your AR-D lift loss on Light seasons, and that defensive tiles exist.

I feel so dumb lmao.

(on the upside this'll make AR surprisingly easier.)

I've been putting together info on the "Meet some of the Heroes" relations for the next version of my spreadsheet, and one thing that's come out of that is an easy way to find the characters who are listed as an associated character but not yet playable:

• Heroes:
    1. Freyr (Freyja)
    2. Fáfnir (Reginn)
    3. Ótr (Reginn)
  • Jugdral:
    1. Alec (Arden)
    2. Erinys (Lewyn, Ced)
    3. Ulster (Larcei)
    4. Halvan (Eyvel, Osian)
    5. Dagdar (Tanya)
    6. Fred (Olwen)
    7. Aida (Saias)
  • Elibe:
    1. Elffin (Perceval, Echidna, Larum)
    2. Zeiss (Melady)
    3. Juno (Shanna)
    4. Vaida (Heath)
    5. Farina (Fiora)
    6. Nergal (Ninian)
    7. Athos (Bramimond)
  • Magvel:
    1. Garcia (Ross)
  • Tellius:
    1. Boyd (Rolf)
    2. Geoffrey (Elincia)
    3. Ashera (Altina)
  • Awakening:
    1. Validar (Robin)
  • Three Houses:
    1. Alois (Bernadetta)
  • TMS:
    1. Barry (Mamori)

Archanea, Valentia, and Fates have all their listed characters already in the game.

Hilda's Feh takeover is really and nice the whole card thing is really wholesome, I am waiting for Felix's card now. Hopefully we also have some tickets. 

Quick question will we get the NY units through the datamine alongside Lilina like the previous years or this year will be different since the banners are a week apart? 

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Othin With the newest additions to Meet the Heroes, you can add Artur (regular Lute) and Rennac (regular L'Arachel) to that list (Amelia, regular Joshua and regular Marisa also got pages, but all of their closely associated characters are already in).

Excellent.

57 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Hilda's Feh takeover is really and nice the whole card thing is really wholesome, I am waiting for Felix's card now. Hopefully we also have some tickets. 

Quick question will we get the NY units through the datamine alongside Lilina like the previous years or this year will be different since the banners are a week apart? 

No way to be sure, but the gap has usually been a week and it's never stopped them before.

You know what, I think I've come to the point where I'm done with the game. I know, right after the feedback survey was announced, but they don't care to ask my opinion and besides I think the game has lost much appeal to me.

My real issue is trying to figure out how to give the account to someone else. I fear that because I did link a Ninty account that I wouldn't be able to do so.

Anyone with suggestions much appreciated.