Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I’d say making them all 4* foci would be the best option, as the Year 1 and Year 2 seasonals at least are almost all horrifically obsolete (especially Year 1). Too bad IS will almost certainly not go that route.

But like seriously, Halloween Henry and Winter Tharja are the only Year 1 seasonals who I’d say aren’t completely useless these days, and that’s literally only because IS still hasn’t added a second green tome armor or a second red tome armor.

Adding a 4* focus with a 3% rate and all four of the units present would increase their appearance rate by exactly as much as increasing the 5* focus rate to 6%, just with them being 4* half the time.

It does seem like a more likely option, though. Or they could go a different route.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I’d say making them all 4* foci would be the best option, as the Year 1 and Year 2 seasonals at least are almost all horrifically obsolete (especially Year 1). Too bad IS will almost certainly not go that route.

But like seriously, Halloween Henry and Winter Tharja are the only Year 1 seasonals who I’d say aren’t completely useless these days, and that’s literally only because IS still hasn’t added a second green tome armor or a second red tome armor.

Oh wow... I never noticed it until you mentioned it... no other green/red tome armor unit until now.

And I agree with you: Henry and Tharja are probably the Year 1 seasonals that are not that bad. I could also add Performing Arts Azura as well, but her buff from dancing got powercrept a long time ago. By this logic, Halloween Henry is the only Book 1 seasonal that "Isn't completely useless", since Winter Tharja is a Book 2 seasonal.

I wouldn't mind to have these units as 4* in their correspondent banner themes. Like... 2021's Spring Banner having all 2017's Spring Heroes as 4*. One thing I hope they don't make it a normal thing is merging last year's banner with this year's banner... Like making the 2021's Valentine Banner also having the 2020's Valentine Heroes. For one side, it's good for players that want all those heroes and don't need to divide the orbs between two banners... for the other side, I was not happy in getting 2-3 NY Lethes while trying for NY Peony.

57 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh wow... I never noticed it until you mentioned it... no other green/red tome armor unit until now.

Yeah, and yet they have added two blue tome armors (Halloween Ilyana, Winter Nino; both in 2019) since the first one (Valentine's Lyn; 2018).

It really is one of the most underutilized unit types (the most being Breath Cavalry, because those literally don't exist at all at this point). They also neglected staff armors forever since Winter Eirika (2018) was the only one until Winter Sephiran.

It's also worth bringing up missile armors for each color. Blue and green each have had two, one from the Halloween 2018 banner (Niles and Kagero) and one as a winter TT unit (Felix and Jaffar). But red has only had Flora, meaning unlike the others, it's only got two total ranged armors and both are 5* exclusive.

I also think this is Kaze's first time being a bonus unit in Arena. I think I will actually use him next week since I have him fully merged up. Probably better than using an unmerged Sharena anyways.

Oh, hey, I forgot to check the bonus units but that's Seliph! I merged him when his refine came out and was hoping I'd get to use him for a pair of high-scoring weeks, didn't happen then but it is now.

26 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Every time I see Firesweep Axe I think Sudden Panic. I can't be the only one.

I'm confused - what's the resemblance?

20 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We should get the beginning of CYL 5 votes this week, right? I mean... CYL 4 votes started on January 21st last year.

I was thinking the same thing. I went and made a topic for CYL 5, too.

Edit: Nevermind, topic was closed. I guess someone else already asked a mod if they could make a CYL 5 topic when CYL 5 actually starts. Oh well.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler
  • The next Hall of Forms is a Heroes one and features Laegjarn, Ylgr, Spring Veronica and Bride Fjorm.
  • The Coliseum & Ordeals quests (starting on the 20th) reward 4 orbs, 3500 feathers and some other junk.
  • Bonus units for the next Pawns of Loki (01/23) are ranged units.
  • The quests for Iago's re-run require use of Sharena, Iago himself and flier emblem.
  • The bonus titles for the next week's (01/26) Resonant Battles are Genealogy and Sacred Stones.
  • The next group of Aether Raids bonus units (for 01/26 and 02/02) are Sara, Asbel, Ronan, Miranda, Veld, Knoll not forgotten after all yay, Legendary Eliwood and Anna. The bonus Mythics for 01/26 are Plumeria and Mirabilis while 02/02 gets Mila and Bramimond. The bonus structures for those seasons are Bolt Tower and Tactics Room respectively while the legendary elements are Wind/Earth and Wind/Water respectively.

12 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Very odd datamine notice / potential huge anni spoiler?

Hide contents

this thread plus a screenshot shows a potential kiran/summoner greeting ... hinting they may be available as a playable character or visiting other people's castles?

if remotely true ... YESS. been waiting on this.

Spoiler

Personally I just hope he will be visible in the castle. I don't really want him playable as a unit right now, but I wouldn't mind him being in the castle alongside my units. 

A playable, customisable Kiran is probably the only thing that would keep me playing the game a little longer. I know avatars are a divisive concept in the series, but personally speaking, here's hoping.

The reason for this is because a lot of the issues I'm having with the game in its present state is that I don't want to commit to building any given unit. It's too expensive - either in orbs for 5* exclusives or in skills for common units - for something so ephemeral. Having a permanently relevant unit to build would certainly give me a definitive short-term thing to focus on and distract from all the things I'm well and truly done with in the game.

EDIT: Looking at the paralogue list on the story maps menu made me realise I never did the Christmas paralogue quests, gah.

Edited by Humanoid

I was thinking, there isn't a banner listed in association with the upcoming Tempest Trials in February. That most likely means that another banner will have characters that are bonus units on the TT, and they aren't gonna put the same character on multiple banners running at the same time, right? So, the only banner running at the time of the start of the upcoming TT is Heroes with Wrath, which might mean that that banner will give away which game the Valentine banner is based on for this year, right? The last two times they've run a Wrath banner, it's had Karla, Nephenee, and Owain on it; assuming they run it with those three again, we could assume that maybe the Valentine banner is either Radiant Dawn or Awakening. Not Blazing Blade since it already had a Valentine theme, and not Path of Radiance since it also had a Valentine theme (every character in that one was specifically labeled PoR).

I could be totally wrong, though. Maybe they'll run the Wrath banner with Female Byleth and Shannan. Or, maybe it won't give anything away at all. Who knows? Just some rambling thoughts.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I could be totally wrong, though. Maybe they'll run the Wrath banner with Female Byleth and Shannan. Or, maybe it won't give anything away at all. Who knows? Just some rambling thoughts.

In my opinion, that Wrath banner is likely to have F!Byleth, Shannan and Rinkah (Osian is out due to his recent Bound Hero Battle). They could always use one of the older three (probably Nephenee if they want to avoid double reds) of course, but who knows.

As for the no TT banner thing, I've heard a suggestion that the Valentine's banner could go to Heroes (specifically Book III) because Eir (who was a freebie unit anyways), Lif and Thrasir will all be present on the January Mythic banner. While I don't doubt a Lif/Thrasir duo will happen eventually, I personally don't see it happening right after another Heroes duo (Peony/Triandra).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

In my opinion, that Wrath banner is likely to have F!Byleth, Shannan and Rinkah (Osian is out due to his recent Bound Hero Battle). They could always use one of the older three (probably Nephenee if they want to avoid double reds) of course, but who knows.

As for the no TT banner thing, I've heard a suggestion that the Valentine's banner could go to Heroes (specifically Book III) because Eir (who was a freebie unit anyways), Lif and Thrasir will all be present on the January Mythic banner. While I don't doubt a Lif/Thrasir duo will happen eventually, I personally don't see it happening right after another Heroes duo (Peony/Triandra).

I really, REALLY hope the Valentine banner doesn't go to Heroes. That would be the worst possible outcome, in my opinion. They just got the New Year banner, and it seems like it'll be dedicated to them every year, if current patterns hold up. Go through every main console game and then maybe, MAYBE Heroes can have a Valentine.

20 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really, REALLY hope the Valentine banner doesn't go to Heroes. That would be the worst possible outcome, in my opinion. They just got the New Year banner, and it seems like it'll be dedicated to them every year, if current patterns hold up. Go through every main console game and then maybe, MAYBE Heroes can have a Valentine.

Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same mind.

Personally, I'm rooting for it but at the same time not because I don't have nearly enough orbs for a potential Cordelia alt to be Awakening because IS needs to stop treating that game like trash. Plus, it doesn't have a Duo Hero (and only serves as the back end of one Harmonized Hero). If not Awakening, then hopefully the banner at least goes to a different game that lacks a Duo Hero (such as Thracia, Fates or TMS). Path of Radiance also has no Duo Hero, but of course was already used for Valentine's so it's very unlikely to be PoR.

@Fire Emblem Fan @Tybrosion

I also was thinking about the TT bonus units, and I came with two others possibilities:

1. Basically there is a TT banner, but it's just not in the calendar. It's a rare case, but it can happen I guess. April 2020 we had the Green Grapple Voting Gauntlet, about green-hair green unit. That VG had 2 banners, and the calendar didn't have any banner for the event. So maybe we will get a TT banner, but they just didn't put in the calendar?
  2. The Valentines banner of this year will be like the New Years Banner: a double special heroes banner, where combines 2020's Valentines and 2021's Valentines into one banner. Then, the others 3 bonus units could be last year's heroes, like Alm, Faye and Rudolf.

If I could pick one of these two, I would prefer the first option.

Anyway, the Tempest Trial notification comes on February 3rd, so we will probably have the Valentine Heroes in the Feh Channel.

37 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Never played FE5 but for some reason I thought Lene was the mother and Sylvia was the daughter.

FE4 you mean, as neither character appears in FE5. Lene’s brother (who looks nothing like her or Silvia) Coirpre appears in FE5 though.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Coirpre

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Never played FE5 but for some reason I thought Lene was the mother and Sylvia was the daughter.

Understandable, considering the differences in how the two are drawn in Heroes.

(It's worth noting that Lene's debut was the May 2018 banner, which was all Gen 2, while Silvia's was September 2018, which was all Gen 1.)