Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Yeah and probably because Lene was added first, her character description does not label her as being Silvia's daughter meanwhile Ares was labeled as being Eldigan's son even though that should be bloody obvious even to people who know nothing about Jugdral.

That said, Ced's description does state he's the son of Erinys even though she is still absent from the game one year after Ced's addition.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and probably because Lene was added first, her character description does not label her as being Silvia's daughter meanwhile Ares was labeled as being Eldigan's son even though that should be bloody obvious even to people who know nothing about Jugdral.

That said, Ced's description does state he's the son of Erinys even though she is still absent from the game one year after Ced's addition.

Yeah, I think they've gotten more flexible about that over time. 

Hopefully Erinys gets added soon. Along with Lex, Azelle, and regular Brigid.

it's still early on the votings, but looks like "Heroes, Light & Shadow" will probably win the Twitter Pool. That banner and "Mirabilis & More" are pretty close in the English Twitter page, but New Mystery's banner is way more votes in the Japanese's Twitter page.

I hope I can get one of the Krisses with my tickets in March.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TlDOZ0e2Qgtn8j379NdFdASczvfcJTwd_LCKEOYHf0M/

Finally finished my new spreadsheet update!

Along with the new seasonal banner, there's a bunch of other additions, including a page collecting info about 4* skill availability, details on weapon effects, and alt counts.

O2ydd7D.png

R0gPq5k.png

ADqOfM2.png

...what.

Why the hell is an alt getting a-wait, the warning signs were already there, Grima was given an alt and she's technically a fallen alt of FemRobin...

Spoiler

chara_img_00001001000165_01.png?time=161https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000165_02.png?time=1610432490691https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000165_03.png?time=1610432490691https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000165_04.png?time=1610432490691

That isn't the only noteworthy part of this Resplendent though. Brave Ike is decked in the garb of Niðavellir, the first to have such armor.

Ack, and Bike is a unit who uses all of his stats if you're running an Evasion skill on him... WELP, guess I'll be resubbing once RBike drops.

Edited by Xenomata

It feels odd seeing the Brave alts get alts, but as long as it doesn't prevent other characters from getting Resplendent versions.

Nice. I use two BH!Ikes, one for each season. Definitely helps to have more stats on both.

Edited by XRay

I don't like it. There's many units who needed the art and the stats more than Brave units. Maybe it's just an anniversary thing and we won't see it happen again till next year.

Also, it's ugly. Trying to do too many things in one costume that don't mesh well. Sticking with the default.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

That's tasty. I was wondering when they would do this. Come on, CYL Claude, legendary Chrom, CYL and legendary Dimitri, Duessel, CYL and legendary Edelgard, Freyja, CYL Hector, resplendent Hel, berserk Ike, legendary Leif, Shinon, Thrasir, and whoever else. How about an instant resplendent of one of the next upcoming heroes? For example, say, legendary Claude or legendary Sigurd and as the next resplendent is announced, it's them. Give in to greed and depravity, developers.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Also, it's ugly. Trying to do too many things in one costume that don't mesh well. Sticking with the default.

I don't see what too many things it's doing since CYL Ike's Nidavellir outfit is the same as Fafnir, Otr, and Reginn's, especially Otr's, but with a much less subdued color palette. Ike always wears white or beige pants in his games, Greil wears white or beige pants too, and Greil's gloves are greenish yellow and his cape is yellow or gold. Those and other elements of Greil's clothing are translated to CYL Ike's Nidavellir clothes: the white parts of his pants, the gloves having the greenish yellow accents, the yellow cape, and also the sash having a similar color to Greil's jacket and his greaves having a similar blue color to Greil's greaves and shoulder armor. The Nidavellir things are the black bodysuit and his should armor having the same tan color as Otr's and Reginn's mechs or the tan parts of Fafnir's and Reginn's clothing. What could have made it less bright would have been to keep his cape all yellow or the inside black or some darker color instead of white. As otherwise, I thought it was an Askran outfit instead of Nidavellir.

Fafnir, Otr, and Reginn have very subdued clothing in general. The least is Reginn's who is just wearing a bodysuit and a cape where the cape, her lower body, and the things around her ankles giving some contrast with a muted purple and white or tan color. Following that in my opinion is Fafnir's where he basically wears all black with some yellow or gold or purple accents. It has a more regal feel and the inside of his cape does clash, but to me it reminds me of medieval or renaissance European noble clothing, but primarily a black color and those accents are like noble embellishments he wears since otherwise, I feel like Fafnir would prefer to wear something closer to timeskip Dimitri in full armor. Otr's clothes to me are the least subdued since unlike Fafnir where he has this weird yellow behind him, the inside of his cape, Otr has elements on his body that contrast from the usual black clothes of Nidavellir. He has the bodysuit or tight upper body and he chose to wear puffier pants, but his cape and sash take up a large, relatively, part of his design. They are also not as muted as the accents or accessories of Fafnir or Reginn, instead, Otr's cape and sash are a more saturated purple in addition to having tan and white accents. It's the same as on CYL Ike's Nidavellir outfit with his cape and sash, but CYL Ike's is even brighter with the yellow outside, white inside cape being much larger. Otr's design is the closest to CYL Ike's Nidavellir outfit since Fafnir's only comparisons are his cape and tan accents on his shoulder armor. Otr doesn't wear shoulder armor, but he has the same straps with a blue gem to his left shoulder that CYL Ike's Nidavellir outfit.

It's subjective on whether anyone likes something or they don't. I think it's fine, but the white inside of his cape or a different artist known for a darker or more muted coloring would have fit Nidavellir's aesthetic more. At least it's not PoR Ike's Muspell outfit. That clashed a lot.

Edited by Kaden

God FUCKING dammit. I didn't want us to get to late Book 1 units at all in the foreseeable future, let alone the most broken one who's already an alt. Fuck everything.

Intsys can we please not give resplendents to characters who already have one and especially not to characters who don't need them

That is all.

Oh my gosh Ike looks SO GOOD in that new outfit! He really needed it after that Muspell one. And it's cool that they're celebrating CYL's first winners like this, though I wish that Lyn got the same treatment to make it even. Then again, she has so many alts, maybe she doesn't need it.

Anyway, urgh. I've never spent money on this game and want to keep that up until the very end, but...that Resplendent Brave Ike is ridiculously tempting.

Nice, thanks for the middle finger IS. Now I definitely don't want to go to Vault of heaven anymore.

Edited by Nym

Geez Ike how come IS gave you two resplendent arts? Kind of hoping this is just a special occasion for the anniversary and not a precedent going forward. Especially since we haven't gotten around to other popular characters like Chrom, Ephraim and Celica yet.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Geez Ike how come IS gave you two resplendent arts? Kind of hoping this is just a special occasion for the anniversary and not a precedent going forward. Especially since we haven't gotten around to other popular characters like Chrom, Ephraim and Celica yet.

Money talks a different language!

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Money talks a different language!

If money really was the answer we would probably be seeing more characters like Camilla and Tharja instead.

Edited by NSSKG151

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

If money really was the answer we would probably be seeing more characters like Camilla and Tharja instead.

We'll see them eventually. They might be saving them for later on, when it'll be harder for early units to stand out. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

We'll see them eventually. They might be saving them for later on, when it'll be harder for early units to stand out. 

Oh, I was making a joke there. The less I see of characters like Camilla and Tharja the better.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Oh, I was making a joke there. The less I see of characters like Camilla and Tharja the better.

Makes sense, lol. I'm not always great at detecting sarcasm. 

38 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

they will come and money was allways the answer. 70% of the Resplendant units are popular units that have won either CYL or have placed very high (or are currently placing high).

They have just thrown out a bone here and there for other people with some less popular units.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

They have just thrown out a bone here and there for other people with some less popular units.

I'm still entirely convinced that the Sophia Resplendent in particular happened as compensation for her missing the cut on last year's Spring banner.

I suppose Sophia could show up on this year's banner, but she really should have gotten some kind of alt by this point given her surprising popularity.