Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Gangrel gets Panic Ploy 3 at 4* too, and there is literally an additional 4* copy of him that can be obtained right now (if you haven’t already).

Valter also has it. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, but it's 5* locked on him unlike the other two so I didn't think he was worth mentioning (especially when there's a Gangrel copy up for grabs).

True. 

You know, it says a lot how good the 4th Anniversary event was that I haven't seen anyone mention positively about the 7000 HM feather increase.  Especially when we were all complaining about it before, hah.

Edited by kradeelav

2 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

You know, it says a lot how good the 4th Anniversary banner was that I haven't seen anyone mention positively about the 7000 HM feather increase.  Especially when we were all complaining about it before, hah.

Oh yeah, that was right at the start, wasn't it? That'll be nice.

I actually have mixed feelings about the HM cap increasing incrementally. Not that I’ve maxed anyone, but if I did, I’d rather they be maxed permanently. Just do a one-off increase to some logical final cap (like 9999) and leave it be.

Each time they increase the HM cap I have to say goodbye to my page of greens. Some units I don't intend on using again and getting them to max HM was supposed to be the last I'd see of them but I suppose this does mean I'll be using some old favorites again.

These days HM feathers have become pretty much completely incidental to me given the rate of regular income anyway. My TT autobattle team for example is always two Aether dragons who have maxed HM, so only two units, being the bonus unit and a healer, ever get any HM.

I'm close to 600k feathers now due to several months of being in a holding pattern. Dunnp if I'll end up spending them all in a promotion spree at the end.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I actually have mixed feelings about the HM cap increasing incrementally. Not that I’ve maxed anyone, but if I did, I’d rather they be maxed permanently. Just do a one-off increase to some logical final cap (like 9999) and leave it be.

The logical cap would be 10k, unless they would reward the last 500 feathers at 9,999. It would also mean that every 2 maxed hm is one merge.

Wow, I do not know how y'all have the patience to get to that level of feathers.... harder than hoarding orbs, imo, because some of the tasty 4 stars make fine projects if they're a favorite.  Highest I got was ~120k, but quickly halved that due to my current Titania project. 

(I know Rival Domains and HM feathergrinding strats exist but my patience is kinda limited to spending stamina on well-selected teams for TT's and FB's when they circle around.  Choosing units I don't want to keep permanently but are tanky enough to autobattle through them.)

Yeah, you can say that I'll be busy with grinding as well after the cap increases:

Spoiler

fuZK8Ux.png

I haven't gotten around to grinding Raph, Kris and Merlinus. The rest of those unmaxed characters are ones I that no longer own (and they will be joined by eight more characters after the cap goes up).

I also wanted to share this screenshot to show that I wasn't bullshitting when I said I was saving orbs!

I don't like to leave projects half-done so I tend to get all merges beyond the +1 done at the same time. Saves me from being stuck at middling amounts of merges. At first I thought I'd merge up Altena and the project was looking good as I could have gotten to +4 as soon as the month after her release. In the full year since, I've obtained ...one more copy. Then I figured Seteth might be easier to get, but I've also managed to get just one copy after his banner ended, and that was last week. A Shigure refine has also yet to materialise.

I'm thinking I might just merge up Valentine's Titania as my parting project. Plegian Kris would be a nice project but will arrive in the grail shop too late. I'm near 6000 grails now so I could theoretically afford both. There's plenty of "maybes" which I don't mind but am not fully comfortable committing to like Mininerva, Ashnard, Gordin, Norne, Mordy, Naesala. Then a recent poor experience trying to get back to Arena T18 from T17 made me think I really should invest in an armourslaying powerhouse or two as well. In the end I suspect what'll happen is none except Titania will get done and the feathers will just sit dormant forever. Or maybe I should just finally +10 the Reinhardt and call it good.

This is quite sad.

My -atk Valentine's Faye has one more attack than neutral attack Halloween Jakob. She also has better, uh, EVERYTHING. (Except for speed because my Jakob is +spd but lol speed on either of them.)

Powercreep too stronk.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This is quite sad.

My -atk Valentine's Faye has one more attack than neutral attack Halloween Jakob. She also has better, uh, EVERYTHING. (Except for speed because my Jakob is +spd but lol speed on either of them.)

Powercreep too stronk.

Yeah, and then Rapheal is better than Faye in everything except Res (though she does have a huge advantage there) and is far easier to obtain.

It truly does never end.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and then Rapheal is better than Faye in everything except Res (though she does have a huge advantage there) and is far easier to obtain.

It truly does never end.

Pretty much, yeah. There are some days where I wish they'd just give a flat stat increase to some of the older units, especially older seasonal units who are just bad. (Or were never good.)

Old seasonal units getting the "special 4*" or whatever it's called treatment like the gen 1 to gen 2 5* units would be nice. Sure, it would be weird to summon a spring unit during fall or winter, but whatever. Or at least demote them in their season's banner since we're at a point where we have a lot of a season's units, especially summer.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

@Othin They did end up demoting Altena out of the 5-star pool, it seems.

Huh, so they did. Glad to finally get that cleaned up, although it's odd that it didn't get a mention in the Feh Channel.

I didn't click on the notification until now, so I'd missed it. Thanks for the heads up!

I wish they called the special 4* rate something else. I was reading the red notes and they mentioned "promoting" the special 4* units won't consume resources and that's confusion that could be avoided had they named it something like "special 5* rate" or something else if they didn't want it to sound similar to Special Heroes.

"Extra 5* rate" would have sufficed. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

the Reddit user HertzDevil made a list of interaction between healing skills and the new status effect [Deep Wound]:

• Ardent Sacrifice does not enable a unit to heal an ally with [Deep Wounds].
  • Sacrifice is similar to Ardent Sacrifice, except it is also allowed if the target ally has any penalties on top of [Deep Wounds]; in that case the ally doesn't gain HP and the unit doesn't lose HP.
  • Reciprocal Aid allows a unit with [Deep Wounds] to use its Assist skill only on allies that have less HP and do not have [Deep Wounds]. That means two units with [Deep Wounds] can never use Reciprocal Aid on each other.
  • Martyr(+) / Live to Serve do not enable a unit to heal an ally with [Deep Wounds].
  • When a unit with Martyr(+) / Live to Serve and [Deep Wounds] heals an ally without [Deep Wounds], the unit's own HP is not restored.
  • A unit with Restore(+) can use the assist skill in an ally with [Deep Wounds]. No HP is restored, but the ally's status effect will be removed.
  • A unit with Rescue(+) / Return(+) can use the assist skill in an ally with [Deep Wounds] only if the associated movement is possible. No HP is restored, but that ally will be moved.
  • Odd Recovery and Alm's Duo skill neutralize [Penalty] before restoring HP, so a unit with [Deep Wounds] will receive both effects. (In fact, Alm's wording was changed in this update to put the [Penalty] part before the HP part. This is not done for Restore(+).)
  • If a unit is inflicted with [Deep Wounds], damage-dealing effects and HP-restoring effects after combat cannot cancel each other, e.g. Fury 4 + Mystic Boost 3 results in 8 damage instead of 2.
  • Fatal Smoke also neutralizes healing due to Special skills; Noontime is useless (triggering it still resets Special cooldown), whereas Open the Future becomes equivalent to Bonfire and Aether becomes equivalent to Luna.

Basically, only Odd Recovery and Alm's Duo Skill can heal a Deep Wounded unit. Restore+ will remove the status effect but will not heal the ally. Healing Specials will trigger, but will not heal the user.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

the Reddit user HertzDevil made a list of interaction between healing skills and the new status effect [Deep Wound]:

• Ardent Sacrifice does not enable a unit to heal an ally with [Deep Wounds].
  • Sacrifice is similar to Ardent Sacrifice, except it is also allowed if the target ally has any penalties on top of [Deep Wounds]; in that case the ally doesn't gain HP and the unit doesn't lose HP.
  • Reciprocal Aid allows a unit with [Deep Wounds] to use its Assist skill only on allies that have less HP and do not have [Deep Wounds]. That means two units with [Deep Wounds] can never use Reciprocal Aid on each other.
  • Martyr(+) / Live to Serve do not enable a unit to heal an ally with [Deep Wounds].
  • When a unit with Martyr(+) / Live to Serve and [Deep Wounds] heals an ally without [Deep Wounds], the unit's own HP is not restored.
  • A unit with Restore(+) can use the assist skill in an ally with [Deep Wounds]. No HP is restored, but the ally's status effect will be removed.
  • A unit with Rescue(+) / Return(+) can use the assist skill in an ally with [Deep Wounds] only if the associated movement is possible. No HP is restored, but that ally will be moved.
  • Odd Recovery and Alm's Duo skill neutralize [Penalty] before restoring HP, so a unit with [Deep Wounds] will receive both effects. (In fact, Alm's wording was changed in this update to put the [Penalty] part before the HP part. This is not done for Restore(+).)
  • If a unit is inflicted with [Deep Wounds], damage-dealing effects and HP-restoring effects after combat cannot cancel each other, e.g. Fury 4 + Mystic Boost 3 results in 8 damage instead of 2.
  • Fatal Smoke also neutralizes healing due to Special skills; Noontime is useless (triggering it still resets Special cooldown), whereas Open the Future becomes equivalent to Bonfire and Aether becomes equivalent to Luna.

Basically, only Odd Recovery and Alm's Duo Skill can heal a Deep Wounded unit. Restore+ will remove the status effect but will not heal the ally. Healing Specials will trigger, but will not heal the user.

Great... lets nerf Healer as a support even more. Couldnt they designt it so that Deep Wounds prevents healing from Special/passive skills and building but leave healing from assists in effect. If this becomes a prominent skill then there is no reason to bring a non-offensiv healer (aka basicly almost all healers ecxept for a few). Even Offensiv Healers have a hard time now killing of units due to mystic boost seal...

Meanwhile Dancers are barely effected since there is no AoE Isolation smoke!