• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

To be fair, I don't think we will see Deep Woulds outside AR that much. In AR, sure... it will be annoying.

Maybe some generic foes will have it in Abyssal maps, but I don't think we will see it in Coliseum.

Maybe Pawns of Loki, but since I already got the Golden Trophy, I don't care about Tier 10 anymore.

Well since a topic hasn't been made for the TT yet, I guess I'll just share this here:

Final Map and Boss for Lost to Love TT+ [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

*insert joke here that it's Sharena under the hood this time and not Alfonse*

I'm not sure who I was expecting to be the boss in this one, but I certainly wasn't expecting IS to reuse the enemy Kirfonse from near the end of Book IV.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I like this new Special 4* Focus. Got 2 already with just the tickets and free summons. 
They are old units, yeah, but they're kinda free if they're only taking the spot of 4* units.

Nice! I got 3 today: Brave Ephraim, which I didn't have yet so now I have all CYL 2 heroes, OG Julia and Fallen Celica.

I saw that Maaka got a Takumi.

So with this latest paralogue, it is now possible to get a Tenth Stratum map in the Training Tower with just two units.

Spoiler

kmxm09a.png

With the way the Tenth Stratum specifically works, it always ensures that its maps will have the same unit types (like Melee Infantry or Ranged Cavalry) as the story map it is using. 

However, since the above map featured two Ranged Armors (Alfonse and Henriette) with four units total and with there being no Ranged Armors in the PvE unit pool, there are no units available to take their places so this map in particular is just left with two units.

Edited by Tybrosion

46 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So with this latest paralogue, it is now possible to get a Tenth Stratum map in the Training Tower with just two units.

Reveal hidden contents

kmxm09a.png

With the way the Tenth Stratum specifically works, it always ensures that its maps will have the same unit types (like Melee Infantry or Ranged Cavalry) as the story map it is using. 

However, since the above map featured two Ranged Armors (Alfonse and Henriette) with four units total and with there being no Ranged Armors in the PvE unit pool, there are no units available to take their places so this map in particular is just left with two units.

They need to add Emperor Arvis then (?)

10 minutes ago, Troykv said:

They need to add Emperor Arvis then (?)

Given that they added Emperor Arvis as his own separate option in CYL5, that idea seems more plausible.

Of course, he would have to be added through a New Heroes banner and not as a GHB again (or perhaps even as a Legendary) otherwise he wouldn’t get added to the PvE unit pool.

Oh and here’s another random trivia bit for anyone in general. Because they were initially just quest rewards and became summonable units later, Kaze, Emmeryn and Knoll all are not in the PvE unit pool.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

kmxm09a.png

Huh, so that's why some maps are missing unit slots.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Given that they added Emperor Arvis as his own separate option in CYL5, that idea seems more plausible.

Of course, he would have to be added through a New Heroes banner and not as a GHB again (or perhaps even as a Legendary) otherwise he wouldn’t get added to the PvE unit pool.

Oh and here’s another random trivia bit for anyone in general. Because they were initially just quest rewards and became summonable units later, Kaze, Emmeryn and Knoll all are not in the PvE unit pool.

That's interesting, I'll have to make a note of it in my spreadsheet.

Veronica: Does Prince Alfonse know what love is, I wonder? Princess Sharena, on the other hand ... clearly does not.

Holy shit, Veronica XD;

I no doubt believe you to be better strategists than myself, but good night did Henriette and Gustav frustrate the heck out of me on Lunatic today. D/R Near Save 3 and A/R Far Save 3 are really gonna screw with me now that they are in the game. I don't always study a map as I should and those two skills can turn a map backwards on you quick. I was dumb and only had Sara (healer) to take care of Gustav once his special was charged and had to do chip damage through buildings until he went down. Hope you all faired better luck and didn't have to run those two maps twice like I did.

I am seeing a lot of player giving the Summoner Ruptured Sky special skill.

For me, I think Glimmer is better... You will do a lot of damage, so Glimmer will always be useful.  Ruptured Sky not only is based on 20% of foe's Atk (40% if foe is beast or dragon), and 20% is not that much, but also... Dire Breidablik inflict Atk-4 on foe... which reduce the damage from Ruptured Sky.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For me, I think Glimmer is better... You will do a lot of damage, so Glimmer will always be useful.  Ruptured Sky not only is based on 20% of foe's Atk (40% if foe is beast or dragon), and 20% is not that much, but also... Dire Breidablik inflict Atk-4 on foe... which reduce the damage from Ruptured Sky.

Especially with Lull Res, which the Lysitheas coming with Moonbow on their basekit is kind of weak, and also Plegian Katarina having Luna. At least that makes the PVE Lysitheas easier to deal with.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ruptured Sky is better against bulky units, especially dragons and beasts. Glimmer does not do so well against bulky units.

Against non bulky units, you do not need a Special trigger to kill them, so any Special is good against low bulk units.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ruptured Sky is better against bulky units, especially dragons and beasts. Glimmer does not do so well against bulky units.

Against non bulky units, you do not need a Special trigger to kill them, so any Special is good against low bulk units.

In Mjolnir Strike though, how many of those units are ACTUALLY bulky? They all run their default skills plus a few extra (even if clearly better skills exist, such as Defiants vs Brazens), Prf weapon with a refine if one is avaialble, and it's not like their stats are boosted all that much, if at all. The only defensive stat that ends up mattering is the, as usual, bloated HP stat.

Dragons and Beasts, despite being powerful, are actually not that numerous; there's usually only like one or two Manakete units per game, and beasts outright do not exist outside of Tellius, Awakening, Fates, and Heroes. A lot of them are also seasonals, which do not appear in Mjolnir Strike. I don't think Legendaries and Mythics appear either (if they do then I've never noticed), which removes a few more from appearing. So the actual pool of dragons and beasts to pull from is dismal.

Ultimately I think a mode like Mjolnir Strike is where a skill like Glimmer shines brightest: you don't need to break through very high bulk barriers, just a huge amount of HP, and Glimmer's usual overkill becomes the perfect amount of kill.

(I feel like I've been disagreeing with you a lot lately... Sorry, I don't mean to, it just happens)

Edited by Xenomata

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

In Mjolnir Strike though, how many of those units are ACTUALLY bulky? They all run their default skills plus a few extra (even if clearly better skills exist, such as Defiants vs Brazens), Prf weapon with a refine if one is avaialble, and it's not like their stats are boosted all that much, if at all. The only defensive stat that ends up mattering is the, as usual, bloated HP stat.

Dragons and Beasts, despite being powerful, are actually not that numerous; there's usually only like one or two Manakete units per game, and beasts outright do not exist outside of Tellius, Awakening, Fates, and Heroes. A lot of them are also seasonals, which do not appear in Mjolnir Strike. I don't think Legendaries and Mythics appear either (if they do then I've never noticed), which removes a few more from appearing. So the actual pool of dragons and beasts to pull from is dismal.

Ultimately I think a mode like Mjolnir Strike is where a skill like Glimmer shines brightest: you don't need to break through very high bulk barriers, just a huge amount of HP, and Glimmer's usual overkill becomes the perfect amount of kill.

We share a point of view.

MjolnirStrike is not a mode where we see very bulky foes, so Glimmer is perfect for the job, especially for Summoner that since he doesnt affect the score he can run any skill you want on him without penalties. And you can easily reach around 70+ Atk on him or even 80+ (especially if you use him in the Atk+10 column), so I can see Glimmer doing a very good amount of damage in any type of foe.

If was for Coliseum, then sure... Maybe Ruptured Sky could be a better option. But its Mjolnir Strike, which is not a challenging mode at all.

Guess I shouldn't be expecting a new event calendar until the 9th or 10th huh. I'm really curious what game the New Heroes banner this month especially since the new calendar might end up spoiling what it could be via whatever the new BHB pair. I'm kind of hoping it ends up being a game I'm not too interested in like Genealogy or Three Houses since there are already going to be so many great banners coming up like the Remixed Legendary banner, the double special heroes banner, the AHR banner in March and the New Mystery banner getting rerun in March and I need to watch my orbs since I already spent a lot on the Hero Fest banner.

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Guess I shouldn't be expecting a new event calendar until the 9th or 10th huh. I'm really curious what game the New Heroes banner this month especially since the new calendar might end up spoiling what it could be via whatever the new BHB pair. I'm kind of hoping it ends up being a game I'm not too interested in like Genealogy or Three Houses since there are already going to be so many great banners coming up like the Remixed Legendary banner, the double special heroes banner, the AHR banner in March and the New Mystery banner getting rerun in March and I need to watch my orbs since I already spent a lot on the Hero Fest banner.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping this will be Fates or Echoes, so it'll be a spark I might want to pass on, freeing up orbs for the Valentine's banner.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping this will be Fates or Echoes, so it'll be a spark I might want to pass on, freeing up orbs for the Valentine's banner.

Kind of the opposite of what I want it to be but the next banner really could be any of Genealogy, Fates, Echoes or Three Houses. At the very least those are the four games I feel are likely to get a new banner for February, March and April.

25 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Kind of the opposite of what I want it to be but the next banner really could be any of Genealogy, Fates, Echoes or Three Houses. At the very least those are the four games I feel are likely to get a new banner for February, March and April.

I'd add FE7 to that list, since its last banner was a year ago. Personally, FE4 and FE7 are the ones I'd be most interested in pulling on.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'd add FE7 to that list, since its last banner was a year ago. Personally, FE4 and FE7 are the ones I'd be most interested in pulling on.

I'm kind of expecting FE7 to be the midpoint banner with Eitri added to it if they are doing that again this year. That game currently doesn't really have a big name star to entice the banner based off of CYL4 results (not CYL5 since it is probably too soon for them to make banners off a recent poll) unless the banner theme is going to be Nergal and his morphs.