Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Which is both terrifying and exciting. If they dump them into the special 4* rate instead of having them exist in limbo for a bit and so they can have a round at being on weekly revivals, then that means along with the CYL3 units who being CYL we know will be part of the September update, units like Caineghis, sword Catria, sweaty F!Corrin, F!Byleth, Hilda, Kaden, Keaton, fallen Mareeta, Nailah, Tibarn, and Velouria will become a bit more common or at least stay as part of a permanent pool. That's a lot of unique or powerful skills and units. The funny thing is it goes to up to book 4 instead up to CYL3, book 3 would account for two Distant Counter units being added permanently through Nailah and Nagi, however, Nagi is post-CYL3.

I'm not sure it would make them more common.

At present, there's 106 units in the main 5* pool, and 75 units in the 4* special pool. 49 of the current main 5* units are between CYL2 and CYL3. So if they drop all of them, the 3% special rate will be split among 124 units, making each of them less common than current 5* main units. By early August, we'll probably get 5 more New Heroes banners with about 16 5* units, meaning the total 5* pool pre-revision will be about 122.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm pretty sure someone's noticed this before but in case not, apparently Henriette's Far Save skill is able to bypass Nidhogg's unique refine if she's jumping in to protect a different unit. Doesn't seem to matter if the unit being targeted can counter Innes themselves or not (Henriette doesn't counter if Innes targets her directly, but jumps in and counterattacks for both Valentine's Faye and Valentine's Alfonse).

Didn't really expect that to happen, since Henriette doesn't counter firesweep or dazzling staff users even when jumping in.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm pretty sure someone's noticed this before but in case not, apparently Henriette's Far Save skill is able to bypass Nidhogg's unique refine if she's jumping in to protect a different unit. Doesn't seem to matter if the unit being targeted can counter Innes themselves or not (Henriette doesn't counter if Innes targets her directly, but jumps in and counterattacks for both Valentine's Faye and Valentine's Alfonse).

Didn't really expect that to happen, since Henriette doesn't counter firesweep or dazzling staff users even when jumping in.

Sounds like an error based on checking the wrong unit, I wonder if they'll change that later. Or change skill descriptions to clarify, somehow.

Does it fail if the target unit is a tome?

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they'll change that later. Or change skill descriptions to clarify, somehow.

Considering that I only noticed on this month's Allegiance Battles that happens to have a unique refined Innes, and happened to be using a team with Henriette, Faye, and Alfonse on it, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes undetected by IS for a while.

That said, I wonder if the same thing would happen if Henriette was jumping in for Shamir or Eleanora, who also have conditional Firesweep effect like Innes, or if it's just a weird thing with Innes alone.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering that I only noticed on this month's Allegiance Battles that happens to have a unique refined Innes, and happened to be using a team with Henriette, Faye, and Alfonse on it, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes undetected by IS for a while.

That said, I wonder if the same thing would happen if Henriette was jumping in for Shamir or Eleanora, who also have conditional Firesweep effect like Innes, or if it's just a weird thing with Innes alone.

NvEKE64.pngLSgHwLt.pngEzdYaOS.pngYFzswAw.png

So, I wasn't able to find two flip sides of one situation, but Watersweep and Shamir's bow both seem to be successfully checking and blocking Henriette despite Gustav not qualifying.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

NvEKE64.pngLSgHwLt.pngEzdYaOS.pngYFzswAw.png

So, I wasn't able to find two flip sides of one situation, but Watersweep and Shamir's bow both seem to be successfully checking and blocking Henriette despite Gustav not qualifying.

Interesting ... so is it just Innes' bow that's odd then? When Henriette was able to counterattack when blocking Faye, I assumed that it was because Faye could've attacked Innes back. Then she was able to block and counter for Valentine's Alfonse too so that couldn't be the case. Guess they just, uh, forgot about Innes.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Interesting ... so is it just Innes' bow that's odd then? When Henriette was able to counterattack when blocking Faye, I assumed that it was because Faye could've attacked Innes back. Then she was able to block and counter for Valentine's Alfonse too so that couldn't be the case. Guess they just, uh, forgot about Innes.

Yeah, it seems like it should work the same way as Watersweep but it seems like they mixed up something to cause Nidhogg to check the target unit while other stuff checks the blocking one. It'd take more testing to confirm, but it seems like the most likely explanation at this point.

Welp, I gone and used all my grails to get my Mininerva to +9.
...I'll let you guess who I'm using a Forma soul on.

...to be fair, I forgot that Ninja Masakari was a thing, and I just think Mininerva could make good use of it! Already got it and Atk/Spd Rein on her in the hall of forms and everything!

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Welp, I gone and used all my grails to get my Mininerva to +9.
...I'll let you guess who I'm using a Forma soul on.

...to be fair, I forgot that Ninja Masakari was a thing, and I just think Mininerva could make good use of it! Already got it and Atk/Spd Rein on her in the hall of forms and everything!

I am considering getting Forma Young Minerva as well. Mine is getting some nice skills. I only need a C skill for her to be ready. It could be a Rein or Odd Tempest.

I don't think there is a SoV unit that would make me use a forma soul...

So, I was curious to know which playable characters in Heroes never got at least one card in Cipher and this was what I found:

From Heroes: Gustav, Henriette, Gunnthra, Hrid, Ylgr, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Hel, Freyja, Reginn
From any of the other games: Eremiya, Rudolf, Duma, Veld, Kempf, Geese, Bramimond, Duessel, Caellach, Jorge, Mustafa

Oh and no, I didn't forget Dithorba. She actually did get a card, while someone like Duessel of all characters never did. You can't make something like that up.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, I was curious to know which playable characters in Heroes never got at least one card in Cipher and this was what I found:

From Heroes: Gustav, Henriette, Gunnthra, Hrid, Ylgr, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Hel, Freyja, Reginn
From any of the other games: Eremiya, Rudolf, Duma, Veld, Kempf, Geese, Bramimond, Duessel, Caellach, Jorge, Mustafa

Oh and no, I didn't forget Dithorba. She actually did get a card, while someone like Duessel of all characters never did. You can't make something like that up.

The fact that the FE4 playable cast isn't particular big, and Jugdral appeared in more boosters thanks to how the game is divided. FE4 stuff appeared in 4 Booster Series (and that isn't even counting FE5 that also appeared in two boosters, compared with Sacred Stones that appeared in... 2... and one of the boosters they had, was shared with Three Houses... in it's debut...).

Considering this I'm not exactly surprised that they had troubling getting anything.

Edited by Troykv

7 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The fact that the FE4 playable cast isn't particular big, and Jugdral appeared in more boosters thanks to how the game is divided. FE4 stuff appeared in 4 Booster Series (and that isn't even counting FE5 that also appeared in two boosters, compared with Sacred Stones that appeared in... 2... and one of the boosters they had, was shared with Three Houses... in it's debut...).

It's 24 in Gen 1. 24 in Gen 2, but Iuchar or Iucharba must die and Finn now aged returns to keep things at 24 playables despite the brother's death. 14 Subs too.

48 total characters ignoring the Subs is pretty average for this franchise, maybe slightly high. But it being split among two generations which are regarded as somewhat separate is what makes it "small".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's 24 in Gen 1. 24 in Gen 2, but Iuchar or Iucharba must die and Finn now aged returns to keep things at 24 playables despite the brother's death. 14 Subs too.

48 total characters ignoring the Subs is pretty average for this franchise, maybe slightly high. But it being split among two generations which are regarded as somewhat separate is what makes it "small".

The cast is clearly not small, but isn't as bloated compared with Archanea, and the subs are pretty much expendable in the subject of representation, the ones that got cards were quite affortunate, and that was in part thanks to FE4 representation in Cipher was in a position where it was able to put minor characters like the previously mentioned Pamela and Díthorba.

But anyway, the point is that Sacred Stones got screwed in getting boosters.

Edited by Troykv

It just occurred to me that Ephraim & Lyon are the only duo hero to have introduced as part of a regular new heroes banner, right? All the other duo heroes were introduced on seasonal banners and there has yet to be a harmonic hero introduced as part of a regular heroes banner. Regular new heroes banners haven't been done since early in the game's life, but we might be reaching a point where it's necessary. The talked about SoV not having a lot of (appealing) characters left make me think something like Archanea + SoV would be done to sell a popular character or characters in this case like Alm & Marth or Caeda & Celica for a harmonic hero which would likely be an alt unless they do something weird like Nyna & Tatiana immediately, whoever's "popular" remaining, and a filler demote.

Other things are we have yet to have an effect deal damage based on HP or a weapon or another skill that has flat damage reduction. Damage based on HP would probably have to use max HP since it would wildly fluctuate if it didn't.

I figured by now we would have seen a new unit with flat damage reduction through their weapon, exclusive passive, or even an inheritable passive. We have seen damage reduction through specials, debuffing attack, damage reduction by percentage passives, and healing per hit is like reducing damage, but aside from Shield Pulse unless I'm forgetting something, there isn't anything else that offers flat damage reduction. It's opening another Pandora's Box, but it would be interesting to see. Frustratingly interesting.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

It just occurred to me that Ephraim & Lyon are the only duo hero to have introduced as part of a regular new heroes banner, right? All the other duo heroes were introduced on seasonal banners and there has yet to be a harmonic hero introduced as part of a regular heroes banner. Regular new heroes banners haven't been done since early in the game's life, but we might be reaching a point where it's necessary. The talked about SoV not having a lot of (appealing) characters left make me think something like Archanea + SoV would be done to sell a popular character or characters in this case like Alm & Marth or Caeda & Celica for a harmonic hero which would likely be an alt unless they do something weird like Nyna & Tatiana immediately, whoever's "popular" remaining, and a filler demote.

Other things are we have yet to have an effect deal damage based on HP or a weapon or another skill that has flat damage reduction. Damage based on HP would probably have to use max HP since it would wildly fluctuate if it didn't.

I figured by now we would have seen a new unit with flat damage reduction through their weapon, exclusive passive, or even an inheritable passive. We have seen damage reduction through specials, debuffing attack, damage reduction by percentage passives, and healing per hit is like reducing damage, but aside from Shield Pulse unless I'm forgetting something, there isn't anything else that offers flat damage reduction. It's opening another Pandora's Box, but it would be interesting to see. Frustratingly interesting.

Yes, they're the only one. The main reason is that we've been getting a duo every month, and that was the last month not to have a Special Heroes banner.

January 2020 was the only month since then to have two New Heroes banners, but it also had the New Year's banner and had its duo there. Meanwhile, January 2021 had both the New Year's banner and the desert banner and had duos on both - unlike 2020, it didn't count the New Year's banner as January's seasonal/duo banner. (Having 13 seasonals and 13 duos per year allows them to alternate each year which slots get duos vs harmonic heroes, while with an even number they'd have to either break the pattern or repeat.)

Got 200K in Røkkr Sieges for first time with DM!Ephraim, BH!Roy, Triandra, and Silque. Initially thought Melancholy might be unnecessary but turns out it's needed to reset the boss's special count since you'll have to attack them again once Galeforce activates so Triandra's Frightful Dream can't be used to cast its Guard effect until after the boss has already been attacked twice.

Edited by Flying Shogi

I have been using Seteth, Est, Reyson and Halloween Mia against the Death Knight and Ferdinand Von Aegir. I usually always use Fliers in Rokkr Sieges, since the quad attack from the Whitewings usually make the battles easier and faster. Unless the Rokkr is an archer... Then I use Cain & Abel for, again, quad strats.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Got 160k and a blue eyeball in Rokker! :D  First time playing this mode, so it was nice after spending a day testing out various strats to be able to get it within 24hrs.

The team that ultimately clinched it:

• Jill + Ninja Axe (quad) + Galeforce + all the Chills as damage dealer #1. She was doing roughly 50x4(x2 Galeforce)
  • l!Edelgard + her usuals + Bonfire + Mystic Boost as damage dealer #2. She was roughly doing 80x2(x2 with her special skill)
  • Shinon + brave bow i might be the only one who consistently uses him with a brave bow lol + deadeye as damage dealer #3. He was roughly doing 40x4 + Deadeye damage.
  • b!Camelia - her usual kit plus renewal for sustain as a healer / occasional chipper / sniper against other units.

Used to get irritated the ranged Rokkrs but yeah, these days at Intermediate it's fairly trivial to take three Galeforcers with one Physic healer to keep them topped off and just back the Rokkr up against the edge of the map. For this purpose I used Eliwood, Oscar and Raven, the latter two with Brave+ weapons and Guard 2.

With 2-movement melee Rokkrs it's fairly easy to run two Brave users of the correct colour, who I then give TA to make sure, alongside two dancers, one being Reyson to keep them topped off. With cavalry Rokkrs it's a bit more of a hassle in that I find it easier to take a third unit to completely contain the Rokkr and keep the dancer safe. So round 1 was Raven again, Cherche, who I'm too cheap to give Galeforce to and who receives all the dances instead, and Titania who doesn't do much damage but was just there to block and not take damage with the Emerald Axe.

It's weird in that this is the only mode where I used to mindlessly autobattle it, but then figured that it was less effort to inherit a couple basic skills and roll over it manually.

Edited by Humanoid

Just beat the ranged ones with Shinon / Midori with the brave bow setup / b!Camelia with iote's shield and Odd Recovery / Galeforce Zihark~  tried f!Lyon briefly and he was absolutely useless even with blood time, lol. also tried b!Claude but he was just too fragile and didn't quad in comparison to my +10 Zihark who hits like a freaking dump truck.

So, has anyone else noticed this? We're now five books into FEH's story, and there still isn't a single FEH original character (out of 34 characters) whose main weapon of choice is a bow (or dragonstone, but I personally find the lack of bows more interesting):

Swords (7): Alfonse, Hrid, Laegjarn, Laevatein, Lif, Mirabilis, Reginn
Lances (3): Sharena, Fjorm, Fafnir
Axes (8): Anna, Gustav, Surtr, Helbindi, Hel, Otr, Dagr, Thorr
Beasts (2): Freyr, Freyja
Daggers (2): Ylgr, Eir
Tomes (8): Kiran, Veronica, Bruno, Gunnthra, Thrasir, Peony, Triandra, Plumeria
Staves (1): Loki
Main Weapon Choice Currently Unknown (3): Henriette, Eitri, Nott