Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Has anyone else experienced an EXTREME difficulty spike in Arena? For two years now I've been at Tier 20, occasionally gone to 21 (but pretty much always 20), but now all of a sudden I can't seem to even win three freakin' matches in a row. I went from having SO MANY swords to use, literally hundreds, down to ZERO, and have yet to win five consecutive matches this week. This is way too much to be just bad luck.

I am in Tier 19.5, and it is still super easy. Being able to utilize high mobility units and positioning Assists helps a lot. The difficulty gap between 19.5 and 20 is pretty big though in my opinion, as you have to prioritize scoring a lot and give up a lot of the conveniences that positioning Assists and Dance/Sing provide.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Wait, have we ever seen the Dagger from the Red Dagger unit in Claude’s LHB before as a non-seasonal weapon? (I think it’s the same effect as Dancer Xander’s). If that’s the case, I can’t remember which unit has brought it to the summoning pool 🤔

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wait, have we ever seen the Dagger from the Red Dagger unit in Claude’s LHB before as a non-seasonal weapon? (I think it’s the same effect as Dancer Xander’s). If that’s the case, I can’t remember which unit has brought it to the summoning pool 🤔

It's just Julian's weapon no?

46 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's just Julian's weapon no?

Yeah, that's Julian's default weapon. 

Though, I suppose that's why Javi didn't recognize it. You pretty much never see Julian in PvP or Caltrop Dagger+ for that matter.

I'm also of the sentiment that Arena and AA gets harder every day but that is pretty much the nature of the game where you fight other people's units and stronger units get released. At the very least I wish they would change Arena Assault to where I only need to win five matches instead of seven since having to fight teams with L!Azura, L!Chrom and L!Dimitri in them seven times in a row every week is tiring and an annoyance for me.

Nintendo Mobile posted a video about Fire Emblem Music Compilation today, and it shows FEH units when the music of their games is played

During "Truth, Despair and Hope", they pretty much leaked that Lyon's Naglfar will be in the next refinements, since his tome has the glow refined tomes usually have.

This is not something surprising, since he is the next grail unit in the line for refinement.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]: 

Hide contents
  • Atk/Spd Catch is fliers and cavalry only.
  • The Three Heroes quests feature Fae, Nowi and adult Tiki.
  • The next set of bonus heroes for Arena (for 03/02 - 03/08 and 03/09 - 03/15) are: Legendary Claude, Annand, Erinys, Azelle, Lex, Dithorba, Lugh, Sothe, Lon,qu, Sharena. The elements are Earth/Fire/Light/Dark (for 03/02 - 03/08) and Earth/Wind/Astra/Anima (for 03/09 - 03/15).
  • The next set of bonus heroes for Aether Raids (for 03/09 - 03/15, so not next week) are: Altina, Duma, Annand, Erinys, Azelle, Lex, Dithorba, Camus, Legendary Julia, Sharena. The bonus structure is Armor School and the elements are Earth/Wind/Astra/Anima.
  • The Heroes with Moonbow will likely feature the following characters (plus a third unknown one): Julian, Gatrie
  • The Heroes with Moonbow will likely not feature any of the following characters: Tsubasa, Lysithea, F!Kris, Brave Claude, Brave Lysithea, Jill, Shamir, Asbel.
  • Version 5.3 will likely be released on March 3rd (next Wednesday).

Huh, where did the info on the Moonbow banner come from?

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nintendo Mobile posted a video about Fire Emblem Music Compilation today, and it shows FEH units when the music of their games is played

During "Truth, Despair and Hope", they pretty much leaked that Lyon's Naglfar will be in the next refinements, since his tome has the glow refined tomes usually have.

This is not something surprising, since he is the next grail unit in the line for refinement.

Nice, unsurprising but good to confirm.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh, where did the info on the Moonbow banner come from?

To quote the dataminer (Banpei-kun of the FEH subreddit):

Spoiler

Since version 5.1.0 was released in January, you can see a small introduction for the focus units of a banner by tapping Hero Check, selecting a hero and tapping on the button next to the unit's name.

The game has to explicitly list which introduction will be shown for which focus unit on each banner.

Until December, these introductions were only used on the loading screen, and only banners that added new/special/legendary/mythic heroes had them configured.

Since January, every time a unit that has an introduction was used as a focus unit, she had her introduction configured in the banner - notably F!Kris in the January TT banner. They've even added introductions for old legendary/mythic heroes.

That gives us a way of figuring out some heroes for some banners before they come out.

As an example from this post:

One of the banners added by the update configures the introductions for Julian and Gatrie, so they're most likely going to be focus units of that banner.

Looking at the list of upcoming banners we can be pretty sure that's the Heroes with Moonbow banner - they're certainly not going to be the focus units in a Weekly Revival banner or in the Love Abounds rerun.

Since no other introduction was configured, we can assume with reasonable certainty that the third hero won't be someone that has an introduction. That eliminates Tsubasa, Lysithea, Female Kris, Brave Claude, Brave Lysithea, Jill, Shamir and Asbel.

The third focus unit will probably be a hero that has Moonbow, but has no introduction. I.e. one of Palla, Odin, Ephraim, Athena, Sonya, Tana, Nephenee, Ishtar, Flying Nino, Nina, Nailah, Sue, Lethe, Hilda, Python or Gerik.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

To quote the dataminer (Banpei-kun of the FEH subreddit):

Hide contents

Since version 5.1.0 was released in January, you can see a small introduction for the focus units of a banner by tapping Hero Check, selecting a hero and tapping on the button next to the unit's name.

The game has to explicitly list which introduction will be shown for which focus unit on each banner.

Until December, these introductions were only used on the loading screen, and only banners that added new/special/legendary/mythic heroes had them configured.

Since January, every time a unit that has an introduction was used as a focus unit, she had her introduction configured in the banner - notably F!Kris in the January TT banner. They've even added introductions for old legendary/mythic heroes.

That gives us a way of figuring out some heroes for some banners before they come out.

As an example from this post:

One of the banners added by the update configures the introductions for Julian and Gatrie, so they're most likely going to be focus units of that banner.

Looking at the list of upcoming banners we can be pretty sure that's the Heroes with Moonbow banner - they're certainly not going to be the focus units in a Weekly Revival banner or in the Love Abounds rerun.

Since no other introduction was configured, we can assume with reasonable certainty that the third hero won't be someone that has an introduction. That eliminates Tsubasa, Lysithea, Female Kris, Brave Claude, Brave Lysithea, Jill, Shamir and Asbel.

The third focus unit will probably be a hero that has Moonbow, but has no introduction. I.e. one of Palla, Odin, Ephraim, Athena, Sonya, Tana, Nephenee, Ishtar, Flying Nino, Nina, Nailah, Sue, Lethe, Hilda, Python or Gerik.

Oh wow, that's really neat!

I was taking a look at the GHB sequence to remember the order and see who will be getting refines next and, after Lyon, taking out units that already have refines like Linus and Valter, Aversa is the 7th one on the line. That's... faster than I thought before looking. A refine in her weapon could be really amazing if it goes on the same vibe as her natural effect. Maybe taking a page from Iago's tome (pun intended) it could give Guard or another debuff (Isolation? Gravity? Fatal Smoke?) under certain conditions. It's still early to speculate, as she's probably not getting it before October, but I'm looking forward to it.
There's also some interesting units getting close to get prfs/refines. The next months should be fun.

39 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I was taking a look at the GHB sequence to remember the order and see who will be getting refines next and, after Lyon, taking out units that already have refines like Linus and Valter, Aversa is the 7th one on the line. That's... faster than I thought before looking. A refine in her weapon could be really amazing if it goes on the same vibe as her natural effect. Maybe taking a page from Iago's tome (pun intended) it could give Guard or another debuff (Isolation? Gravity? Fatal Smoke?) under certain conditions. It's still early to speculate, as she's probably not getting it before October, but I'm looking forward to it.
There's also some interesting units getting close to get prfs/refines. The next months should be fun.

Are you including TT units?

1. Fallen Takumi
  2. Gerome
  3. Finn
  4. Kana M
  5. Julius
  6. Canas
  7. Walhart
  8. Jamke
  9. Garon
  10. Aversa
Edited by Othin

Yeah, this is really neat. Hopefully they'll supply 700+ codes, so it's possible to get them alongside both 5*s. If not, though, I don't mind passing on Morgan F. It'd mean being able to pick up another Shanna, too.

Interesting that they went with Morgan rather than another Spring 2018 unit. Wonder if they'll continue going for different banners than the previous 2018 units.

Also, new round of Normal manuals announced! They're going to switch to offering Normal Part 2 codes soon, which will be usable on either Part 1 or Part 2 but the Part 1 codes will only be usable on Part 1. I've got almost 10k Part 1 codes, so I guess I may as well use them on whatever else I want out of the current options, lol. Although first I want to wait to see what new units will show up, to see how that changes the desirability of the Part 1 units.

Looks like getting Xander, Greil, Hector, and Lewyn would cost me 12,400 manuals. So I can get most of them, but I'll have to pass on something - unless I want to use Part 2 manuals on them, which will probably be undesirable compared to using them on stronger Part 2 units.

Looking at the timeframes the Part 1 units were selected from:

• LV1 (400): May 2017 to January 2019
  • LV2 (800): April 2017 to November 2018
  • LV3 (1200): September 2017 to April 2019
  • LV4 (1600): August 2018 to May 2019
  • LV5 (2000): February 2018 to September 2019

There are some outliers here going level by level, but if we assume things more forward roughly a year, that suggests units will be coming from around April 2018 to September 2020.

I mean no offense whatsoever to Nowi-friends here and am happy for them, but good freaking lord IntSys is desperate to dodge Dancer/Distant Counter refines if Gen 1 Seasonals is their response when backed into a corner.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If they offer one seasonal 4-star combat manual every in batch from now on, that'd be an excellent precedent.

I'd also like for them to do the reverse and offer one non-seasonal 5 star manual every batch. The current state of affairs is that I usually don't give a shit unless they have good fodder.

37 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I mean no offense whatsoever to Nowi-friends here and am happy for them, but good freaking lord IntSys is desperate to dodge Dancer/Distant Counter refines if Gen 1 Seasonals is their response when backed into a corner.

I for one will be very unhappy if seasonals start slowing down regular weapon refines just like they do regular banners. It would be just another case of Nowi ruining everything.

51 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Grimoire's effect has been outclassed since the day the Weapon Refinery was introduced. Halloween Nowi is a far more overdue refine than any of those.

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

Grimoire's effect has been outclassed since the day the Weapon Refinery was introduced. Halloween Nowi is a far more overdue refine than any of those.

And? We have weapon refines that were mediocre at best when they were introduced and have aged like fine milk. A re-refine for Marth, Ephraim, Innes, etc. is a better use of their time than any seasonal, let alone one with a prf. But I don't see anyone clamoring for justice for Altean Falchion or Siegmund.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

I don't think these things are related. We are getting the Seasonal refinement as an extra to the usual 3 Summonable Heroes + 1 Grail Hero. Nowi is not taking the spot of anyone here.

I expect this to be the new way for refinements: 3 Normal Summonable Heroes, 1 Grail and 1 Seasonal Hero.

I also expect only Seasonal Heroes that already have a Prf to get refinements. No New Seasonal Prf to old Seasonals Heroes.