Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't think these things are related. We are getting the Seasonal refinement as an extra to the usual 3 Summonable Heroes + 1 Grail Hero. Nowi is not taking the spot of anyone here.

I expect this to be the new way for refinements: 3 Normal Summonable Heroes, 1 Grail and 1 Seasonal Hero.

I also expect only Seasonal Heroes that already have a Prf to get refinements. No New Seasonal Prf to old Seasonals Heroes.

There is no pattern. This is the first occurence. If it happens as you say, that's great. If not, we've got a problem.

It would have been phenomenal if those rare 8 refine months had become patterns. But hell, we've had months where our 4 refines have included shared refines, rather than those bringing us past 4.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

A re-refine for Marth, Ephraim, Innes, etc. is a better use of their time than any seasonal, let alone one with a prf.

Nah.

All old prfs (outside of the most powerful ones) should get refines eventually, seasonal or not. Re-refines would be interesting, but that's much less precedented territory, and would just lead to going in circles forever to dig through a pool that's constantly refilling itself.

I really hope the Hero Rises banner overlaps with March's Mythic banner (since it says AHR will happen in the 2nd half of March, it's very likely) so I can make a better use of my orbs in those banners. Last year's AHR banner lasted for how many days?

Just now, Rinco said:

I really hope the Hero Rises banner overlaps with March's Mythic banner (since it says AHR will happen in the 2nd half of March, it's very likely) so I can make a better use of my orbs in those banners. Last year's AHR banner lasted for how many days?

Last year didn't have an AHR banner, it just gave out Altina from March 11 to April 11.

We've never had both a gauntlet and a banner for an event like this before. The only previous banner was 2019, for the four winners of Find and Vote Heroes. That ran from February 25 to March 4.

Just now, Othin said:

Last year didn't have an AHR banner, it just gave out Altina from March 11 to April 11.

We've never had both a gauntlet and a banner for an event like this before. The only previous banner was 2019, for the four winners of Find and Vote Heroes. That ran from February 25 to March 4.

Oh right, I scrambled things in my mind lol.
So, 7 days banner. Guess it can go either way then. But my guess is that they should overlap, extrapolating from the Find and Vote banner's period.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Oh right, I scrambled things in my mind lol.
So, 7 days banner. Guess it can go either way then. But my guess is that they should overlap, extrapolating from the Find and Vote banner's period.

It's certainly possible. We should find out when the next event calendar goes up, probably in about a week.

One of the things I really appreciate about the next update is the friend limit increase. Personally would have preferred 200 instead of 150 but I guess it is fine for now. At least I don't have to reject new friend requests soon. I'm curious to see what units will be added with the part 2 divine codes. Since the update is coming out on March 3 I guess the trailer for the next new heroes banner will be out on Tuesday night.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It seems rather early for new permanent codes when even Feh Pass subscribers couldn't possibly have gotten everything in part 1.

If they waited for when some players could get all of them, those players would have extra Part 1 codes they wouldn't be able to do anything with. This way, it's still possible to get all the Part 1 manuals, it'll just require some Part 2 codes.

It's like how resources like Sacred Coins, Aether Stones, and Midgard Gems are distributed slower than the increases in things to use them on. You're not supposed to catch up.

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder how long it'll be before we get skills that disable Savior.

I hope not for a while. Save skills make armor units bearable to use for the casual armor player. Save super tanks still need Flayn to be really bonkers anyways. Without Flayn, they can still be wrecked pretty easily.

I dread going against Guinevere, as she can still brute force past two Flayns' protective aura and kill LOAK!Henriette.

Holy bleeping shit the new manuals

I don't have to pull another Midori. I don't need an extra copy of someone with Atk/Res lull. All I need is toilet paper. This fodder is great.

Good stuff all around with the Part 2 manual lineup. I think I will start saving up for the Heroes/Awakening/Fates branch since I could always use more Spendthrift Bow and then Three Houses or Tellius looks like the next best ones for me.

Hmm. Looking things over, it seems that between my current stockpile and the ones I've spent, I've gotten a bit over 17k Part 1 codes. So if we assume we'll get a similar number of Part 2 codes over the next year, that's enough to get two complete paths and most of a third. I'll have to do some thinking about which ones to plan on going for.

There's a LOT more Tier 4 skills this time. I'm counting five 400 SP assists. two 500 SP specials, 17 300 SP A skills, and three 300 SP C skills. This will be really nice for Arena builds.

Datamine notes:

Spoiler
  • The upcoming Frontline Failanx features Hubert, Dedue, Hilda and Flayn nice, IS against Death Knight.
  • There's a set of quests (Green Hostiles) on the 10th that reward 4 orbs plus other stuff.
  • Jugdral is still getting a new BHB (on the 12th, after Solon's GHB), but of the heartbreaking variety in Seliph & Deirdre.
  • Following that, is Ashnard's GHB re-run on the 20th.
  • And that is will be followed by Forsyth & Python's BHB re-run on the 28th.
  • The next round of Mjolnir Strikes (featuring Legion's second go) starts on the 11th.
  • The next round of Pawns of Loki starts on the 13th (bonus = 1 range units).
  • The next set of Limited Hero Battles start on the 15th, and they change things up by starting with two BHBs (Archanea vs. Alm & Faye, Sacred Stones vs. Bartre & Fir; one dancer Phina is allowed for Alm & Faye).
  • The 16th has Flying Strike quests that mainly reward 40 Dragonflowers (F) plus other stuff.
  • The Mythic banner is scheduled for the 30th.
  • The Spring 2021 seasonal banner will likely start on the 17th.
  • The next Grandmaster Tactics Drill (for the 11th) is called CHOP Outing. Yup, the meme continues.
  • The next bonus games for Resonant Battles are Awakening and TMS (for the week of the 9th) and Heroes and Three Houses (for the week of the 16th).
  • The Arena bonus units will change to the following starting on the 16th (and lasts until April 5th): Ingrid, Marianne, Dedue, Linhardt, Solon, Halloween Nowi, L'Arachel so I'm set, Matthew, Legendary Ike and Anna. The elements for each week are: Earth/Water/Light/Dark, Earth/Fire/Astra/Anima, and Water/Wind/Light/Dark.
  • Peony and Yune as the bonus Mythic Heroes in Aether Raids for the week of the 16th (the rest of the bonus units for that week are the same as next week), with Cavalry School being the bonus structure and the elements being Earth/Water/Light/Dark.
  • The Aether Raids bonus units will change to the following starting on the 23rd: Plumeria, Thrasir, Ingrid, Marianne, Dedue, Linhardt, Solon, Masked Marth, Legendary Seliph, Anna. The bonus structure is Flier School and the elements are Earth/Fire/Astra/Anima.
  • Judging from the number of banners found, it appears the Weekly Revivals will continue and go back to the beginning of its cycle.

Wow, real good stuff. Even the first units on each path are pretty good for one reason or another (Conrad would probably be the dud since I don't know of anyone who uses his weapon, but it'd probably actually work real well for a Lunge build), and there's so many Tier 4 skills and otherwise just valuable skills to pick from... I don't know where to-

Oh wait Caineghis, I need him for another merge. RADIANCE PATH IT IS.

Normal 2 has rad manuals, but man, it would be nice if the skill inheritance cap was raised to 5 or even 6 in the future. Some of the units offer so many good things where it's difficult to find someone who shares their skills like Kestrel Stance is only on legendary Ryoma and Say'ri, they have a weird combination of things where she's not one of the manuals, but Shamir is an example, they have overlapping skills like Eleonora would appreciate Lull Spd/Def, but Bernadette shares her default Atk/Spd Push 4, or they straight-up have a lot of neat things like pirate Brigid has Helm Bow+, Steady Impact, and Pulse Smoke 3 that would be nice if you could get all of them. Some of it's novelty stuff too like Bonus Doubler isn't that great, but I would still want Bonus Doubler 3 and Null C-Disrupt 3 from a Fomortiis Lyon manual.

Regarding Resplendent Elincia:

Spoiler

Her English VA was recast to Heather Gonzales. She remains the same in Japanese (Juri Takita).

Her artist is Niji Hayashi (ballroom Eldigan's artist).

As for Nott:

Spoiler

She is voiced by Nana Mizuki [JP; no previous FE roles as far as I can tell] and Erika Harlacher [EN; Guinivere]. Coincidentally, that means she shares her voice with Ann Takamaki (of Persona 5 fame) in both languages. 

I shouldn't need to say who her artist is.