Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I wonder why she was recast or why they couldn't get her old voice. We can guess why, but we probably won't be able to know why.

Coincidentally, the third version of Elincia and Mia was when their English voice was changed. They're also both Tellius characters. If it happens again and for the third version of a character, then it would be Altina, the Black Knight, Ilyana, Lethe, Mist, Nailah, Nephenee, Sigrun, Soren, Sothe, Tibarn, or Titania. Ike and Micaiah have avoided this being on their fourth versions in the game and Caineghis, Haar, Jill, Leanne, Mordecai, Naesala, Oliver, Oscar, Rafiel, Ranulf, Reyson, Rhys, Rolf, Zihark, and so on only have one version of themselves in the game. Sanaki was recast after her first version and it was due to union reasons since few of the characters such as Camus, Lon'qu, Lucina, and Palla were voiced sometime early in development to which Sanaki was likely voiced early on, but wasn't introduced until after the game.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I genuinely can't conceptualize a more obnoxious, anti-fun unit to fight than Legendary Claude, except by adding additional effects to Legendary Claude.

A unit being able to apply gravity and disable reposition (and all other assists) is absolutely ridiculous, and then you take into account that they are a colorless ranged flier who takes next to no damage from his opponent's retaliation while doing so.

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I genuinely can't conceptualize a more obnoxious, anti-fun unit to fight than Legendary Claude, except by adding additional effects to Legendary Claude.

A unit being able to apply gravity and disable reposition (and all other assists) is absolutely ridiculous, and then you take into account that they are a colorless ranged flier who takes next to no damage from his opponent's retaliation while doing so.

I dunno, Fafnir is still pretty bad.

Claude at the very least doesn't have innate 1-range - ever - like Shinon, so I think Shinon's still worse.

Regarding the new units:

Spoiler

It's funny that Solon kind of counters your average Kronya in AR, because you generally move in on turn 3 after bolt tower.

Linhardt's stat spread is pretty nice, not what I was expecting. I hope I can get a couple of copies as I summon. Generally I have bad luck with 4* focus units.

Then Marriane isn't as min-maxed as I'd hoped she and Linhart should swap, but its accurate to say the least.

Dedue is an absolute brick. He doesn't even need armor lol.

Edited by LoneStar

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Claude at the very least doesn't have innate 1-range - ever - like Shinon, so I think Shinon's still worse.

That, and Shinon can and will show up in PvE (and he's particularly awful to deal with in Mjolnir's Strike) while legendary Claude (or brave Claude for that matter) cannot.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I thought about it, but then stopped when I realized it would make Halloween Hector & Lilina obsolete because the developers chose to be inconsistent with whether or not duo skills can be used only once per map or not.

Surtr eventually being part of a weapon update and Sinmara's base effect being upgraded from "At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 2 spaces" to "At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 3 columns or 3 rows centered on unit." That's Arvis's refined Valflame and Saias's Wargod Tome's debuff range. A walking Bolt Tower that works horizontally, on rows. Even Yune's Chaos Named's ranged would be too much; "within 3 columns centered on unit."

It would be ridiculous and backfire horribly, but it I thought it makes sense with what Surtr is: "The flame will devour everything. My enemies. My allies. And me." That being said, he could make it more bearable against units like legendary Claude, CYL Edelgard, and CYL Hector who have such lenient HP ranges for their weapon's effect. Can't avoid such a stupid range of effect for two turns or don't have a healer? -40 HP. And also cause all sorts of shenanigans with rampant Escape Route, Desperation, Vantage, and Wings of Mercy. But chaos and world-burning is fun!

Sinmara likely will get New Year's Gunnthra Hikami's or Plumeria's Flower of Plenty's range at most or the base effect untouched. Still, wildfires, though.

Now we wait for the developers to introduce Jedah and have his tome make him invincible on odd turns or something.

Edited by Kaden

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I thought about it, but then stopped when I realized it would make Halloween Hector & Lilina obsolete because the developers chose to be inconsistent with whether or not duo skills can be used only once per map or not.

Surtr eventually being part of a weapon update and Sinmara's base effect being upgraded from "At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 2 spaces" to "At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 3 columns or 3 rows centered on unit." That's Arvis's refined Valflame and Saias's Wargod Tome's debuff range. A walking Bolt Tower that works horizontally, on rows. Even Yune's Chaos Named's ranged would be too much; "within 3 columns centered on unit."

It would be ridiculous and backfire horribly, but it I thought it makes sense with what Surtr is: "The flame will devour everything. My enemies. My allies. And me." That being said, he could make it more bearable against units like legendary Claude, CYL Edelgard, and CYL Hector who have such lenient HP ranges for their weapon's effect. Can't avoid such a stupid range of effect for two turns or don't have a healer? -40 HP. And also cause all sorts of shenanigans with rampant Escape Route, Desperation, Vantage, and Wings of Mercy. But chaos and world-burning is fun!

Sinmara likely will get New Year's Gunnthra Hikami's or Plumeria's Flower of Plenty's range at most or the base effect untouched. Still, wildfires, though.

Now we wait for the developers to introduce Jedah and have his tome make him invincible on odd turns or something.

I have one entry for the absolute cancer pile. Kishuna with 0 Atk, perfect mixed bulk and speed, and a weapon that prevents all tomes, staves, dragonstones, and assist skills and removes all field buffs within 5 range and has an evasion skill on it. Yes, all of these debuffs would also occur during combat so you would only be able to kill him with your unbuffed physical unite.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I often use Surtr like that against Brave Hector in AA, lol.

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I maintain that DC/CC was a mistake and the game would be better and more tactically interesting if every unit was locked to either range or melee.

I mean, at that point I'll just play one of the actual FE games. If I wanted a CC mage or something, well... they already are 1-2 range weapons, but almost every mage is a piece of paper made with discarded wet sponge so not like I'd ever actually let them take a hit on purpose. Plus "Close Counter" is a DLC skill in fates, flat-out doesn't exist in Awakening.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I maintain that DC/CC was a mistake and the game would be better and more tactically interesting if every unit was locked to either range or melee.

The thing is in this game range nukes are too good, so there needs to be a way to punish that, and with the addition to dancers it becomes even more ridiculous. Then in this sort of grindy mobile game, not everyone wants to sit around and do too much tactical thinking, rather than just dropping your tank somewhere and ending turn, get your daily rewards, and done.

In a regular game you're nor expected to sign-in and play certain game modes every day, so a slower pace is fine here. Speaking of main games I don't really bother with CC in 3 Houses, you're Archers outside of Claude have a poor enemy phase so why bother. Then in that game they don't want the bosses to be too cheesable with the 3+ range your units have.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I really dont see the problem with Claude, he looses to all forms of Brave weapons, hell he even looses to all forms of Bow because outside of his LHB he aint gonna have bloated stats. He is annyoing when he gets to innitiate combat.

On the DC/CC topic: I see both sides but where I really stand is i wish that more subtle ways of playing with 1 & 2 range fighters had been implemented instead of slapping a skill on them (boring) - aka Javelins, Hand-axes, sonic swords... add more conditions, add less attack (so you don't get the frankly terrifying DC!Bedelgard cheese - her with a semi-nerfed handaxe as the only option for range would've been fun.) You'd be able to inherit a good ol' Javelin+ for Duessel, but he'd always prefer his prf lance in terms of raw attack.

Fragile ranged nukes would still have a threat, if properly countered with the right color. And it'd be more in spirit of the series - i found the whole 'memorizing an entire list of skills' one of the least-fun things as a new player last year... and that was after already knowing ~70% through the base series!

Three Houses forging bonds, first thing seen is Seteth, Peony appears later.

Could be a good sign, unable to determine anything from just this introduction...

EDIT: Phew... finally, some good freakin conversations.

Edited by Xenomata

Conquest spoilers

Spoiler

If they give Elise an armor alt, you can recreate that in-game cutscene with Save skills. Now the question is will they have an enemy Xander initiate combat.

Sigurd with unique refined Divine Tyrfing is fun to play around with. Having another unit who can reduce magic damage like that is neat too. Glad he showed up.

It still reinforces my regret of sending home a 5* Seliph when I was in desperate need of barracks space.

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Sigurd with unique refined Divine Tyrfing is fun to play around with. Having another unit who can reduce magic damage like that is neat too. Glad he showed up.

It still reinforces my regret of sending home a 5* Seliph when I was in desperate need of barracks space.

Seliph is a common unit, it's pretty easy to upgrade a new one if you want.

I got mine to +10, and I've been quite happy with him.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Conquest spoilers

Hide contents

If they give Elise an armor alt, you can recreate that in-game cutscene with Save skills. Now the question is will they have an enemy Xander initiate combat.

That would be a very interesting alt indeed.

Oh man. Okay, so, that was surprising... I guess year 1 seasonals are beginning to be summonable outside of their seasonal banners? I certainly wasn't expecting to see Halloween Nowi on that new focus banner!

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man. Okay, so, that was surprising... I guess year 1 seasonals are beginning to be summonable outside of their seasonal banners? I certainly wasn't expecting to see Halloween Nowi on that new focus banner!

We know that Valentine's Hector will be getting another rerun soon as well, the notification for his banner mentioned he'll be back in April - probably for his refine. Nothing like that about Nowi on this one, though.

I'm curious how things will continue to evolve.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

We know that Valentine's Hector will be getting another rerun soon as well, the notification for his banner mentioned he'll be back in April - probably for his refine. Nothing like that about Nowi on this one, though.

I'm curious how things will continue to evolve.

I, for one, hope they just say forget the Year 1 seasonal banners and either put all the seasonal units from year 1 into the general summoning pool (hilarious I know), or make one big permanent banner that's nothing but year 1 seasonals, maybe with the vast majority of them being 4* due to just how outdated they are and the ones like Summer Elise, Dancer Shigure, Winter Tharja, etc with still somewhat valuable skills being 5* summons.

It solves the problem of most of the Valor skills being locked to seasonals at least.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I, for one, hope they just say forget the Year 1 seasonal banners and either put all the seasonal units from year 1 into the general summoning pool (hilarious I know), or make one big permanent banner that's nothing but year 1 seasonals, maybe with the vast majority of them being 4* due to just how outdated they are and the ones like Summer Elise, Dancer Shigure, Winter Tharja, etc with still somewhat valuable skills being 5* summons.

It solves the problem of most of the Valor skills being locked to seasonals at least.

Wolld be nice to have a 2nd set of weekly banners, but with old seasonals.