Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

and they pointed out...Chrom’s voters came from “let’s beat gatekeeper” meaning now that that failed, he is losing those voters.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Now that IS finally acknowledged Severa with something, I have no clear priorities in regards to CYL. I'll do my best to hold myself to this, but I'll spare Chrom some votes (at least three) next time too because Chrom (a guy who has been in contention every year) getting blocked from winning by a damn meme character really did leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, the self-fulfilling prophecy. "We aren't gonna win, so why even bother playing?" And then no one plays, we lose. "Well what did you expect, we weren't gonna win anyway"

To be fair, no one also knows how the fuck this mode is supposed to work despite how simple it should be (including the geniuses that designed it probably).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Now that IS finally acknowledged Severa with something, I have no clear priorities in regards to CYL. I'll do my best to hold myself to this, but I'll spare Chrom some votes (at least three) next time too because Chrom (a guy who has been in contention every year) getting blocked from winning by a damn meme character really did leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

Hopefully more people are in your camp but I am just in a bad mood. Sorry like I said I was just ranting and whining! 

I NEED MORE BARRACKS SPACE!!!

I sent home turned a lot of Grail units into Manuals, so now I only have two of each Grail unit in my Barracks. Also need decide which Trait to keep for some 5* units.

Edit: Wrong game term.

Edited by XRay

In case anyone was wondering, the TT boss will be [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Myrrh & Nah, but with Distant Counter removed (and it was replaced by nothing). The rest of their kit is unchanged.

The final map looks like this:

Spoiler

360?cb=20210317073657

Myrrh & Nah start below the egg decorations, a melee cavalier starts adjacent to them, a melee flier starts on the mountain to the right of the eggs, a melee armor starts two spaces from Myrrh & Nah's right, and a ranged infantry starts two spaces from the melee flier's right.

The starting positions are the two spaces to the left of the bottom right-most forest, the space to the left of the adjacent mountain, and the space above that mountain.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I NEED MORE BARRACKS SPACE!!!

I sent home a lot of Grail units, so now I only have two of each Grail unit in my Barracks. Also need decide which Trait to keep for some 5* units.

Wait, sending home? Not manuals?

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, sending home? Not manuals?

Woops! I meant turning into Manuals.

Edited by XRay

Seriously, who thought that Myrrh+Nah were okay with 40% damage reduction with no stat check on their weapon? They're a pain, I can only imagine how much of a pain they'd be if they had their full kit.

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Seriously, who thought that Myrrh+Nah were okay with 40% damage reduction with no stat check on their weapon? They're a pain, I can only imagine how much of a pain they'd be if they had their full kit.

That is probably why they took off Distant Counter. You can also just tank her with an enemy phase unit not at full HP to disable the damage reduction.

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

IS, probably: Do you guys not have Shinon?!

But yeah, they are indeed a damn pain because they refuse to die in one round (unless if it's Shinon or Valentine's Lif & Thrasir attacking them). Not even my +Atk Y!Tiki & Ninian can do enough damage to kill them through their stupid damage reduction.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I got him as my guaranteed summon. It is a good way to sell that summoning mechanic!

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

But yeah, they are indeed a damn pain because they refuse to die in one round (unless if it's Shinon or Valentine's Lif & Thrasir attacking them). Not even my +Atk Y!Tiki & Ninian can do enough damage to kill them through their stupid damage reduction.

Mine has Vantage and she can clear the melee cavalry and WR!Myrrh by herself. I do have VS!Azura though, so it is super easy to buff her up.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fun fact: I do have a Shinon in my barracks that I am using, and I had a bad-natured Shinon who ended up giving deadeye to Rath. I'm actually covered in that aspect XD

In all seriousness though, yeah. Deadeye aside, they're still a pain, and deadeye doesn't grow on trees! If IS were going to give them damage reduction, they should've made them pass a stat check first rather than something as stupid as "if foe initiates". Who the fuck is going to let that little monster initiate???

oof, that's sad. :'(   NGL do love those little map details.

The recent pressing need for Deadeye makes me really hope that the PoR banner will do well in the twitter poll against whatever it runs up against ... Wanting to +10 Jill/Shinon on a pure character-level, and I know that banner was awful in terms of popularity, but given that skill is premium tier... might be a lot of people willing to vote for it.

18 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

The recent pressing need for Deadeye makes me really hope that the PoR banner will do well in the twitter poll against whatever it runs up against ... Wanting to +10 Jill/Shinon on a pure character-level, and I know that banner was awful in terms of popularity, but given that skill is premium tier... might be a lot of people willing to vote for it.

Sadly, I think that banner is going to get screwed either way. If it has to go up against CYL4, it (and the other two banners) will get crushed straight up. It won't even be close.

If IS chooses to skip CYL4, then the Church of Seiros banner is on deck next and the PoR banner will still probably lose to that due to TH's massive popularity.

There's also a Shinon combat manual so people could get at least one copy of deadeye that way.

Not that it's practical anytime soon, but it's there.

I'm surprised/disappointed to hear that the PoR banner was unpopular. It feels like this board has a lot of love for Tellius--it's definitely my first and still favorite entry in the series--but is that not the case in the broader FEH fandom?

4 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

I'm surprised/disappointed to hear that the PoR banner was unpopular. It feels like this board has a lot of love for Tellius--it's definitely my first and still favorite entry in the series--but is that not the case in the broader FEH fandom?

The Tellius games seem to be among the less popular ones in FE as a whole, it's why their casts are so underrepresented in Heroes. IIRC, they're pretty popular outside of Japan, where they were among the first FE games released, but not particularly well liked in Japan, and Japan has such a big fraction of FE players.

11 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

The people on this forum only represents a very small subset of the FEH fandom. Plus not everyone who plays Heroes has played PoR (myself included) so there are plenty of people who are not familiar with characters from that game.

Do remember that, specifically in regards to that last Path of Radiance banner, that particular banner was the New Heroes banner that came directly after the CYL4 banner (probably the biggest money maker of the year for FEH and featured the current and massively popular Three Houses). As such, a lot of players were tapped out orb wise by that point and that definitely contributed to the underperformance of the PoR banner (the other part being that Tellius really isn't that popular as a whole).

man i wish i had gotten on board the FE ship when it first arrived on the ga, i remember looking at those two games on the shelves back then and wondering if they were good, i would have loved it right from the start and would have definitly gone for the tellius games on the gc. im still hopping IS will alternate between old and new FE releases/remakes, would be great to try some of those like thracia with the echoes treatment. btw, is it weird i like Geneology the most even though i never played it? it seems to have a great cast of characters, even if the story does sound pretty depressing in its own way.

55 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I really hate damage reduction skills.

Yup, they really were a mistake.

With the twice a day bonus stats:

Spoiler

n9GmUOq.png?1

Without them:

Spoiler

Xk5mtf7.png?1

Notes: Tiki + Ninian are +Atk/-Res, and are getting +3 HP and +4 Res from legendary Azura which I didn't even notice until after the fact since they're Water blessed.

Yeah, I know that first one actually is a KO but they still don't fucking die in one hit. Though I appreciate that they were stripped of Distant Counter, I still would've preferred getting anyone else from this Spring group as the boss.

At the very least, Myrrh's damage reduction shouldn't be basically unconditional. "When foe initiates attack" or "if foe's HP=100% at start of combat" is just stupid. Most people aren't going to be letting Myrrh initiate on them because ... well, you'll probably die. And if you're not letting her initiate, then you're initiating. If only the first attack per enemy/player phase got reduced, that would be acceptable. Or if there was an easier way to turn off her damage reduction condition. But nope. The wording on Myrrh's weapon is basically a fancy way to say "lol she always has damage reduction in a realistic situation".

Maybe this isn't the best time to remind you guys that since she has DC in her base kit, when you're not fighting against her as a TT boss your archers better have deadeye at the ready. Or a (pseudo-)firesweep bow if you don't wanna die. Did I mention that she gets +5 to all stats while her damage reduction condition is active?

Roy's weapon refine is QR4 and def/res+4 when attacked. Where's his 40% damage reduction and +5 to all stats when attacked, IS? I don't care how popular Myrrh is, it's dumb how Lyn and Roy's base forms basically suck, and how Ike and other DC weapons can't get a refine, and they won the first CYL. But Spring Myrrh's allowed to exist.

Eh, Myrrh isn't very scary when she's attacking into you, so she's pretty easy to play around in most instances. I suppose if you're running pure player phase all nuke teams or are just autobattling she can be a pain, but while she has good attack, her speed is mediocre and she has no means to auto-followup on her own phase. Spurn tanks get their own full damage reduction against her, and traditional high res bulky folk can sit in her face with little danger. Strong in player hands but easily counterplayed in AI hands is a better design philosophy than folk like Brave Hector or LDimitri who can be built to just go brrrr regardless.

Is she super annoying as a TT boss? Sure, since she isn't autobattle friendly. But as a unit overall she's not any worse than what we are already dealing with.