Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Notes: Tiki + Ninian are +Atk/-Res, and are getting +3 HP and +4 Res from legendary Azura which I didn't even notice until after the fact since they're Water blessed.

If you give Vantage and double Brazen Atk/Spd to Tiki: Harmonic Hope Vantage, she can Vantage through practically all melee units. Unless you are using a fast Brave nuke, I would not bother trying to nuke WR!Myrrh on player phase.

6 hours ago, Ether said:

Eh, Myrrh isn't very scary when she's attacking into you, so she's pretty easy to play around in most instances. I suppose if you're running pure player phase all nuke teams or are just autobattling she can be a pain, but while she has good attack, her speed is mediocre and she has no means to auto-followup on her own phase. Spurn tanks get their own full damage reduction against her, and traditional high res bulky folk can sit in her face with little danger. Strong in player hands but easily counterplayed in AI hands is a better design philosophy than folk like Brave Hector or LDimitri who can be built to just go brrrr regardless.

Is she super annoying as a TT boss? Sure, since she isn't autobattle friendly. But as a unit overall she's not any worse than what we are already dealing with.

I am able to kill her with WR!Severa in one round of combat without issue, and since everyone has a copy of ITM!Lyn, WR!Myrrh should not be much of an issue.

— — — — — — —

Alright, after using Severa: Bitter Blossom for a while now, she feels a bit finicky. She is still fun, but not as fun as Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo, and certainly not as good.

Not being able to quad attack right from the start and not working with Savage Blow are her two main issues. Not being able to quad attack for the first round of combat is not too bad if you are running three Dancers/Singers since she will basically be quad attacking 75% of the time. However, if you are only using her to fight one or two enemies per round like in Arena or Arena Assault, then she is never going to quad attack or only quad like 50% of the time, which makes her pretty unappealing. Not working with Savage Blow also sucks, as the only substitute is Res Smoke and that costs Grails. Even then, Res Smoke sometimes is not enough to take down certain bosses and you need Savage Blow's stackable chip damage.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So thanks to the AHR banner I have a +4 Duo Lyn instead of more variety. I was wondering, is it worth to use her in Arena over a +10 (for example Aversa) due to her 190 BST Duo Skill? 🤔

Each merge is worth the same number of points as a 10 difference in base stats, so Aversa will still score higher.

The AHR banner has been kind to me, I got summoned Legendary Corrin twice. If I can get enough orbs to spark, I'm not sure if I'll use it on Dimitri or Seiros. Lyn is a priority, but she'll probably be re-run in November, so I have plenty of time to save up orbs for her later on.

This banner lineup is not fun... A Hero Rises, Heroes, Light and Shadow revival, the new mythic hero next week, and then the next new heroes banner in two weeks.

I could guarantee Seiros, a mythic hero, with 160 orbs and possibly someone else will show up. It's 160 orbs and these two were expected: the focus rate is normal and no tickets which could have lowered the orbs cost.

Heroes, Light and Shadow offers a chance at Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd 3 for Brunnya or someone else, but I need to summon at least two copies of Julian since I would like to keep one unique copy of every hero and there's also Spurn through the Krises where it would have to be one F!Kris since I picked her when the banner debuted or two copies of M!Kris since like Julian, he never showed up and I do not count the manual you can get through the Normal 2 path. Since it's a Forging Bonds revival, there are tickets and it would cost 135 to guarantee someone which might be F!Kris for the reasons described and the damage reduction skills to me are like Shield Pulse where the ones who can run them well or want them already have them. The few who don't you can give them something cheaper like the old reliable Desperation.

The next mythic is the next mythic. Legendary and mythic banners have always been crappy for me, but if they or anyone else on there I want or like shows up, then cool. It will probably be like how seasonal banners are now for me where I only do one full summon since I cannot guarantee a focus unit unlike new heroes banners, Forging Bond revivals, or the rare special banners like A Hero Rises. The cruel thing is as noted by others, A Hero Rises ends before the mythic hero banner begins.

And new heroes banners. 135 orbs for a guaranteed 5* focus. That's pretty much it. Being able to guarantee rare unit types like Jill, F!Kris, healers with prf staffs, units who can do unique things like Lilith with her support partner warp shenanigans and Fluorspar Selena being a ranged cavalry with Null Follow-Up, and Mirabillis is simply great. That said, the past banners being blue-heavy for me I hope changes. Colorless, green, or even red if it's something uncommon like a bow, dagger, or sword armor, flier, or cavalry.

Lastly, of course Saber and Sonya come back in August when CYL5 is going to be introduced. Maybe I'll consider summoning from a Weekly Revival now that the 4* special rate is a thing and could help out. Nope. Best part is that I tried to get Saber and Sonya I think last year and none of them showed up.

Wow, I was just seeing a discussion going on about a glitch in Arena that you can trick the matchmaking and get high scoring matches with weak teams. It seems it's been around for a while and that's just bad... They need to patch it asap

Decided to give a go to the finalist banner for another shot at Seiros, as the one I got during her debut has ass IVs. Funnily enough, at one point close to my 40th summon, I got TWO in a single session 

Marianne and my new Seiros from AHR net me 2 AR D wins. I should really start getting some Dark Mythic since I have none. I am gonna miss Marianne so much when she isn't the bonus unit, I had a blast using her in both arena and AR.

Is is better to merge mythic for lift reduction? I got 2 Seiros from this banner, not sure if I want to fodder the 2nd or merge them, my built dragons are Adult tiki (which skewed towards physical tank), and Halloween FGrima (which comes with dragon ire that is more suitable in my opinion). Not gonna start any of the F2P dragons merging project just because of this one skill.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:22 AM, Kaden said:

This banner lineup is not fun... A Hero Rises, Heroes, Light and Shadow revival, the new mythic hero next week, and then the next new heroes banner in two weeks.

I know how you feel. The struggle is real and I had to make the decision that since I want to focus on AR, I should get my hands on mythics. I got FKris from a while back, but still wanting to get MKris and close foil fodder too, unless you are a whale you gonna have to decide how to split your resource more carefully than whales.

Ninian and Nino do sound like good candidates.

I'm hoping for Raven or Lon'qu who could use the stats and the art upgrade. 

(Cough, and Hel Saizo, cough).

PS: Speaking of Resplendants, should I wait for the possibility of a L'Arachel resplendent or just finish merging her? Probably the latter, given that she's book 2.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ninian and Nino do sound like good candidates.

I'm hoping for Raven or Lon'qu who could use the stats and the art upgrade. 

(Cough, and Hel Saizo, cough).

PS: Speaking of Resplendants, should I wait for the possibility of a L'Arachel resplendent or just finish merging her? Probably the latter, given that she's book 2.

L'Arachel probably won't be on the table for at least another year, and she's easy to merge. I'm quite glad I've merged mine.

Just now, Othin said:

L'Arachel probably won't be on the table for at least another year, and she's easy to merge. I'm quite glad I've merged mine.

Mine has gone from 4 star to 5 star +9 in a mere few weeks (and no, I didn't have a feather stockpile). I started when her refine was announced and her arena bonus status was datamined.

Another 3*-4* so soon (especially when the previous one was Reinhardt, the F2P savior) is a bit too optimistic in my opinion. 

As such, my spitball of a guess will be Celica. It's honestly really weird that she (and Ephraim for that matter) is still on the wait list.

But besides from those two CYL2 winners (and Camilla), here's the top 20 Resplendent-less characters based on their CYL5 rank:

Spoiler

1. Chrom (3rd)
2. F!Corrin (11th)
3. Seliph (16th)
4. Soren (17th)
5. Tharja (22nd)
6. Lute (28th)
7. Sigurd (29th)
8. A!Tiki (30th)
9. Nino (32nd)
10. Mia (36th)

11. Lilina (41st)
12. M!Corrin (52nd)
13. Leo (53rd)
14. Nephenee (56th)
15. Catria (65th)
16. Nowi (67th)
17. Ninian (70th)
18. Ayra (74th)
19. Ryoma (85th)
20. Felicia (89th)

Notes: this only covers characters released during Book I and does not include any GHB / TT characters or the Askr trio

I want Lachesis or Seliph to get one badly but I know the next one will likely be a 5* exclusive since resplendents haven't been so kind to cheaper units.  Best case scenario for me is Ephraim or Amelia.  I don't think either need one but the extra stats would be welcome on Amelia and I want an excuse to buy the pass so I need two characters guaranteed that I like (the other being Reinhardt of course)

Of the above CYL ranking I wouldn't mind half of those either though, especially Chrom, no offence to his artist but he looks a little bland especially since art powercreep has gone far in the past 4 years.

I guess IS would rather move onto book 2 than give any obsolete gen 1 units a boost in stats

At least the art is a pretty big upgrade.

I'm also starting to realise just how much of a lottery win it was to get a Sophia resplendent so early

Edited by Sayyyaka

Hm... something feels ironic about Micaiah being garbed in the clothing of Hel... nice armor though, one probably wouldn't even realize it was Hellian armor.

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000205_01.png?time=1615374590668https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000205_02.png?time=1615374590668https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000205_03.png?time=1615374590668https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00001001000205_04.png?time=1615374590668

I also think it is better than her normal artwork, not gonna lie.

It's technically better than her default art, but ... I'm not feeling it. Her limbs are too thin and noodle-like, the black fabric looks like spandex, and I hate how her chest is accentuated.

11 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I guess IS would rather move onto book 2 than give any obsolete gen 1 units a boost in stats

Not that I necessarily agree with this move either (even though I like Micaiah in particular), but Book II isn't all that much better off themselves these days.

Even after the Resplendent boost, this is how Micaiah looks compared to Marianne:

Micaiah: 37/37/30/20/37/161, HP is her only super asset
Marianne: 36/41/32/17/39/165, has a super asset in Atk and Res

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not that I necessarily agree with this move either (even though I like Micaiah in particular), but Book II isn't all that much better off themselves these days.

Even after the Resplendent boost, this is how Micaiah looks compared to Marianne:

Micaiah: 37/37/30/20/37/161, HP is her only super asset
Marianne: 36/41/32/17/39/165, has a super asset in Atk and Res

True but Thani's got a really good refine at least.  Not to say that Gen 2 units certainly couldn't use it but Micaiah's not close to the rock bottom a lot of Gen 1 units are at and they're subject to the same amount of statcreep as Micaiah is so yeah.  To give some credit to IS this could just be them being consistent with giving games respledents, this being the second "Radiant Dawn" one I guess.  Plus, she's a lord so it could very well be the exception.