Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

You think they're ever gonna make some massive banner featuring all the Resplendents someday? Like the old 4* focus banners, but a mix of Resplendent heroes of their respective rarities instead?

It's odd, sure the 4* Resplendents can be summoned at any time, but the 5* locked ones have always been limited to Weekly Revivals and being pity broken by them, even now that they're in the 4* special pool there's no guarantee of actually summoning them. You get these old units in new outfits, and... now what?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Micaiah looks nice, and the extra stats are welcomed.

I don't mind getting Book 2 Resplendents now. Remember: this doesn't mean we will not get Gen 1 Resplendents anymore. It just means Book 2 units are now a possibility.

I can't wait for Resplendent Brave Hector.

I don't like jumping forward this much, puts us that much closer to getting Resplendents of units with more current stats.

That said, I do like this art.

Aside from the "aghhh gen 2 already" factor* that's a neat and creative take on the Hel aesthetic.

* - Still less cringe than Brave Ike getting one

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Book 1 and 2 units are interchangeable, frankly. They're pretty much in the same spot, with book 1 units just tending to have worse fodder (which doesn't matter because powercreep has also meant that Book 2 units don't tend to have good fodder.)

The difference between Book 1 and Book 2 units is that Book 2 ones are closer to Book 3.

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yes, but let's not get into semantics. We're only just now getting to Book 2 common weapon refines after multiple years, and those happen twice as fast as resplendents.

They happen twice as fast, but they're also more than twice as thorough. We just jumped ahead four and a half months in a month and a half.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

They happen twice as fast, but they're also more than twice as thorough. We just jumped ahead four and a half months in a month and a half.

That's because resplendents aren't added in linear age fashion. Any eligible unit (and we still don't know the limits of what constitutes eligibility) could receive one at any time for any reason. That's because the primary thing they're selling is the art and the main determining factor for releasing such units is what inspiration the artists have and when finished art is available.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I may not like Micaiah, but I admit that her resplendent outfit looks really good. It's neat seeing IS take inspiration from the various styles of Hel, not just the Ballistics Gel and Armor-type style.

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's because resplendents aren't added in linear age fashion. Any eligible unit (and we still don't know the limits of what constitutes eligibility) could receive one at any time for any reason. That's because the primary thing they're selling is the art and the main determining factor for releasing such units is what inspiration the artists have and when finished art is available.

and i'd also argue the accessibility of the of voice actor. 

Honestly to me. personally It doesn't matter who it is, and when they come because i believe everyone will get their day in the sun at some point. 

Hel Micaiah doesn't feel like an unusual choice due to the a) dark affinity, and b) whole "Dark God" thing with Yune, honestly. Art's not bad - there's parts to it that I like (those colors! a nose!), and parts that I don't (the chest being accentuated a bit). 

That being said I'm really glad for a free OG!Micaiah so I didn't have to waste another ~100+ orbs on summoning for her on the revival banner. :D  Back to grinding for 1k...

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Don't like that we're getting Micaiah, not at all. Way too many older Book I units that need it more, and not just unpopular or not-noteworthy ones, either. Ephraim, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Chrom, heck we don't even have a healer yet so Mist.

I would argue most player phase nukes need the extra stats much less than their dual phase and enemy phase counterparts, and the bump in HP is detrimental for Desperation and Wings of Mercy, especially at low merges. The Atk/Spd+2 does help balance that out though, and at high merges, an extra 2 HP is not going to be noticeable nor make much of a difference.

I would still prefer that they stick to gen I too though, and if they do make Resplendents for gen II, I wish they give some gen I Resplendents an extra bump in BST to update their stats to be more in line with gen II.

And having a second round of Refinements for some of the first Refined Weapons would be nice too. As is, Fujin Yumi is very niche for example, and I do not see it being very relevant in any mode right now. At the bare minimum, I would add the original effect back in and remove all HP requirements. That way, he would at least be more useful in Resonant Battles.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Not that I necessarily agree with this move either (even though I like Micaiah in particular), but Book II isn't all that much better off themselves these days.

Even after the Resplendent boost, this is how Micaiah looks compared to Marianne:

Micaiah: 37/37/30/20/37/161, HP is her only super asset
Marianne: 36/41/32/17/39/165, has a super asset in Atk and Res

If we are looking at max investment to take into account Flowers, they are pretty similar. Micaiah will always have +10 Flower advantage compared to gen V infantry units.

Micaiah: 39/39/32/22/39

7 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

I guess IS would rather move onto book 2 than give any obsolete gen 1 units a boost in stats

I would hardly call Catria, Celica, Lilina, Sigurd, Nino, Ephraim, Cherche, Ryoma, etc. obsolete. I encounter Book I units in the Arena and other PvP modes constantly.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

If we are looking at max investment to take into account Flowers, they are pretty similar. Micaiah will always have +10 Flower advantage compared to gen V infantry units.

Micaiah: 39/39/32/22/39

If you add the stats from their exclusive weapons, Marianne still ends up with a dominating lead in Atk while almost fully closing the gap in bulk against Distant Counter units.

Micaiah: 39/58/32/22/47
Marianne: 36/64/32/23/45

Micaiah's only real advantage is effective damage. She also has a slightly easier time activating Desperation using Sacrifice.

That said, I have Micaiah and I don't have Marianne, so I'll take what I can get, and a +10 Resplendent Micaiah is going to beat out a +0 Marianne, especially for getting rid of pesky armors in Arena Assault.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you add the stats from their exclusive weapons, Marianne still ends up with a dominating lead in Atk while almost fully closing the gap in bulk against Distant Counter units.

Micaiah: 39/58/32/22/47
Marianne: 36/64/32/23/45

Micaiah's only real advantage is effective damage. She also has a slightly easier time activating Desperation using Sacrifice.

That said, I have Micaiah and I don't have Marianne, so I'll take what I can get, and a +10 Resplendent Micaiah is going to beat out a +0 Marianne, especially for getting rid of pesky armors in Arena Assault.

Micaiah has a slightly easier time with her guaranteed follow-ups. It is not a big deal and it is pretty easy to work around, but Marianne has team comp and positioning requirements to trigger her guaranteed follow-ups.

I just realized, since we getting Micaiah's resplandent, Does it mean we wont getting Legendary Micaiah any time soon? Specially since we will be getting B!Micaiah weapon refine later this year.

28 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

I just realized, since we getting Micaiah's resplandent, Does it mean we wont getting Legendary Micaiah any time soon? Specially since we will be getting B!Micaiah weapon refine later this year.

I don't think that's an issue. Even then, they're gonna run out of units to turn into legendary alts soon enough (Sigurd, Robin but not evil, Elincia, Xander, Corrin but with a Yato, Byleth) and I'm not too sure how many more times they can pull a Lilina.

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't think that's an issue. Even then, they're gonna run out of units to turn into legendary alts soon enough (Sigurd, Robin but not evil, Elincia, Xander, Corrin but with a Yato, Byleth) and I'm not too sure how many more times they can pull a Lilina.

They could definitely pull a Lilina with Elincia, Sothe, Yuri, and every Fates royal.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

They could definitely pull a Lilina with Elincia, Sothe, Yuri, and every Fates royal.

It would only be fair to give Yuri a Legendary alt since the other House leaders have one. I doubt it's how they'll debut him, though. And I'm still waiting for that Legendary Xander! 

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It would only be fair to give Yuri a Legendary alt since the other House leaders have one. I doubt it's how they'll debut him, though. And I'm still waiting for that Legendary Xander! 

Speaking of unusual characters, another option is Itsuki.

Edited by Othin