Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, XRay said:

At max investment, she can reach 51 Spd. If you run Dark Breath, she can swing her Spd to the equivalent of 58, and with Lull and Dark Breath debuffs, she has an impressive 50+ Def/Res. 51 Spd seems pretty solid for Arena, especially with Dark Breath bringing you close to 60.
(27 Asset + 4 Merge + 1 Flower + 3 Refine + 7 Solo + 3 Lull + 6 Solo = 51)

@Rinco

51 Spd is nice and all and would have sounded amazing a few years ago, but fast units these days get there with much less investment. +0 Reginn [=], for example, with only her default skills and no Sacred Seal already hits 59 Spd on player phase.

Spd does jack squat against units like Hector and Marianne, and passing up on Distant Counter prevents her from counterattacking the increasing number of ranged units that appear in the Arena.

Unless the 0.5 Arena points per match from going up a stat bucket is actually helping you get to the next tier (or prevent dropping tiers), I don't think it's really worth going for a Spd asset.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

51 Spd is nice and all and would have sounded amazing a few years ago, but fast units these days get there with much less investment. +0 Reginn [=], for example, with only her default skills and no Sacred Seal already hits 59 Spd on player phase.

Is Reginn common in Arena though? I think I have seen her a few times, but she does not seem common at least in my tier at score ranges 730-738. As for other fast units, you can hit them or let them hit you depending on which phase they are slower, and Ally Support, Drive Spd, and Rallies can further close the gap.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is Reginn common in Arena though? I think I have seen her a few times, but she does not seem common at least in my tier at score ranges 730-738. As for other fast units, you can hit them or let them hit you depending on which phase they are slower, and Ally Support, Drive Spd, and Rallies can further close the gap.

I don't remember ever seeing her at around 750, but there are other units with similarly high Spd, like Legendary Claude.

Ena is slow, and the things she can do to increase her Spd are also things faster units can do too.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't remember ever seeing her at around 750, but there are other units with similarly high Spd, like Legendary Claude.

Ena is slow, and the things she can do to increase her Spd are also things faster units can do too.

I agree she cannot win or tie the Spd check against all enemies, but she should be able to double Arena enemies with builds focused on scoring optimization rather than performance. I still see plenty of Distant Counter on the A slot, and that significantly slows a fast unit down without a stat increasing A skill.

While it is true that the AI can potentially use the same tactics to increase their Spd, players are so much better at swinging stats to their advantage due to being able to plan around Drives and Rallies more effectively, and the AI does not have access to Ally Support.

Edited by XRay

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

No, you're probably not going to see a +0 uninvested Reginn in the Arena, but she's an example of how easy it is to naturally double against 51 Spd these days.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, you're probably not going to see a +0 uninvested Reginn in the Arena, but she's an example of how easy it is to naturally double against 51 Spd these days.

If the maximum possible Spd is 51, then Ena will probably lose a lot of Spd checks, but 51 Spd is her unbuffed and unsupported Spd, so she can reach higher still. Players can use Drives and Rallies better than the AI can, and we can also use Ally Support too to swing stats more favorably towards the player.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Finally! Been waiting for it all day.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Finally! Been waiting for it all day.

Yeah, surprising that it's so late but I loved it regardless.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If the maximum possible Spd is 51, then Ena will probably lose a lot of Spd checks, but 51 Spd is her unbuffed and unsupported Spd, so she can reach higher still. Players can use Drives and Rallies better than the AI can, and we can also use Ally Support too to swing stats more favorably towards the player.

As a reminder, a fully invested Ena is already losing to a completely uninvested Reginn by 8 points of Spd.

Rallies mean squat against opponents with Lull skills, which leaves only Drives and Ally Support to attempt to counteract basic investment. Reginn still stands to gain 15 points of Spd just from investment (4 from an Asset, 4 from merges, 1 from flowers, 6 from a Sacred Seal), bringing the difference up to 23 Spd.

Guinevere has no default passive skills that boost Spd and already reaches 49 Spd with no investment besides an Asset. With the same investment as the example invested Reginn, she reaches 70 Spd. Our newest Spd monster, Ingrid, reaches 71 Spd. Legendary Claude reaches 72 Spd, but doesn't shut down bonuses. Ferry reaches 73 Spd.

Moving away from blue units for a bit, Catherine reaches 74 Spd. Duo Byleth reaches 73 Spd. Even Mahnya reaches 71 Spd with a refined Cake Cutter+. Legendary Alm's Spd is tame in comparison, but is still 62 Spd (with Null Follow-Up instead of Lull Spd/Def).

Fast green units are less common to run into, but Freyja reaches 72 Spd if your unit has no bonuses and 78 Spd if your unit has +6 Spd in bonuses while also effectively nullifying your bonuses. Ninja Hana with a refined Springy Axe+ reaches 73 Spd. Jill reaches 72 Spd. Duo Alm reaches 69 Spd.

These units can all comfortably completely drop their Sacred Seal and feather investment and still have no trouble doubling Ena.

And as another reminder, Arena is a game mode where you normally expect opponents to have more investment in their units than you, not less.

As a side note, Spd creep is insane.

I think for earlier April Fools joke, they drop the joke they will make FEH based fighting game, ala Dissidia. 

Anyway, a lil question, is there anyone who is a minnow but still a paying player , but uses chinese phone? can you buy using chinese phone  despite the OS isn't actual Apple/Android? 

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler
  • Grand Conquests is finally coming back on the 14th, featuring Ranulf, Mordecai and Lethe. The bonus types are flying, infantry, and armored (assumedly in that order).
  • And speaking of Ranulf and Lethe, their BHB will re-run following Sonia's GHB (which ends on the 14th). The quests require Alfonse, Sharena and all infantry.
  • We're getting a one floor Tap Battle (which just rewards 100 Universal Shards) on the 6th featuring the meme remix (with Reginn as the boss).
  • Pawns of Loki returns on the 9th. Physical units are the bonus.
  • The next rounds of Mjolnir's Strike start on the 11th (vs. Valter) and on the 18th (vs. Arvis).
  • The next set of Limited Hero Battles start on the 12th. They are:
    Spoiler

Valentia vs. Kempf GHB; 1 dancer allowed
    Heroes vs. Leif & Nanna BHB; no dancer allowed
    Fates vs. Travant GHB; 1 dancer allowed
    Binding Blade vs. Marth & Caeda BHB; no dancer allowed
    Three Houses vs. Yune MHB; 1 dancer allowed

• Lost Lore returns on the 16th, featuring Awakening.
  • Gangrel GHB re-run is set for the 24th.
  • The Legendary Hero banner is set for the 28th.
  • The next banner (unknown if it's Special or New) will probably be on the 19th.
  • The next bonus games for Resonant Battles are Genealogy and Sacred Stones [on the 6th] and Thracia and Awakening [on the 13th].
  • The upcoming set of Arena bonus units (which were already officially announced) will last at least for two weeks.
  • Starting on the 13th, the bonus units for Aether Raids change to:
    Spoiler

Dagr, Bramimond, Spring Myrrh & Nah, Spring Minerva, Spring Inigo, Spring Severa, Spring Saleh, Legion, Legendary Leif, and Fjorm. The bonus structure is Bolt Tower and the elements are Water/Earth/Light/Dark.

The following week (the 20th), Dagr and Bramimond are swapped out for Naga and Mirabilis. The bonus structure is Tactics Room and the elements are Water/Wind/Astra/Anima.

• The next Double Special Heroes is coming soon. It'll at least have Brigid, Halloween Tiki & Ninian, Ballroom Lachesis, Ninja Laevatein, Ninja Lyn & Florina, and Pirate Tibarn. The remaining two are probably Zihark and Ballroom Quan.
  • An upcoming unknown banner (potentially Heroes with Gap Skills) will at least feature Annette and Miranda. If it is Heroes with Gap Skills, the only remaining candidate for the third slot is Larum.
  • Gunnthra and Ryoma are next to get the Legendary Remix treatment.
  • Atk/Spd Ideal is infantry and armors only.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents
  • Grand Conquests is finally coming back on the 14th, featuring Ranulf, Mordecai and Lethe. The bonus types are flying, infantry, and armored (assumedly in that order).
  • And speaking of Ranulf and Lethe, their BHB will re-run following Sonia's GHB (which ends on the 14th). The quests require Alfonse, Sharena and all infantry.
  • We're getting a one floor Tap Battle (which just rewards 100 Universal Shards) on the 6th featuring the meme remix (with Reginn as the boss).
  • Pawns of Loki returns on the 9th. Physical units are the bonus.
  • The next rounds of Mjolnir's Strike start on the 11th (vs. Valter) and on the 18th (vs. Arvis).
  • The next set of Limited Hero Battles start on the 12th. They are:
      Hide contents

Valentia vs. Kempf GHB; 1 dancer allowed
    Heroes vs. Leif & Nanna BHB; no dancer allowed
    Fates vs. Travant GHB; 1 dancer allowed
    Binding Blade vs. Marth & Caeda BHB; no dancer allowed
    Three Houses vs. Yune MHB; 1 dancer allowed

• Lost Lore returns on the 16th, featuring Awakening.
  • Gangrel GHB re-run is set for the 24th.
  • The Legendary Hero banner is set for the 28th.
  • The next banner (unknown if it's Special or New) will probably be on the 19th.
  • The next bonus games for Resonant Battles are Genealogy and Sacred Stones [on the 6th] and Thracia and Awakening [on the 13th].
  • The upcoming set of Arena bonus units (which were already officially announced) will last at least for two weeks.
  • Starting on the 13th, the bonus units for Aether Raids change to:
      Hide contents

Dagr, Bramimond, Spring Myrrh & Nah, Spring Minerva, Spring Inigo, Spring Severa, Spring Saleh, Legion, Legendary Leif, and Fjorm. The bonus structure is Bolt Tower and the elements are Water/Earth/Light/Dark.

The following week (the 20th), Dagr and Bramimond are swapped out for Naga and Mirabilis. The bonus structure is Tactics Room and the elements are Water/Wind/Astra/Anima.

• The next Double Special Heroes is coming soon. It'll at least have Brigid, Halloween Tiki & Ninian, Ballroom Lachesis, Ninja Laevatein, Ninja Lyn & Florina, and Pirate Tibarn. The remaining two are probably Zihark and Ballroom Quan.
  • An upcoming unknown banner (potentially Heroes with Gap Skills) will at least feature Annette and Miranda. If it is Heroes with Gap Skills, the only remaining candidate for the third slot is Larum.
  • Gunnthra and Ryoma are next to get the Legendary Remix treatment.
  • Atk/Spd Ideal is infantry and armors only.

Larum rerun? Been waiting for that for a while. That could certainly change my plans for the rest of this month.

I just remembered that I had Sumia inherit Wings of Mercy 1 from Palla way back then as part of getting Moonbow and Goad Fliers and now her lance's unique refinement gives her Wings of Mercy 6.

Edited by Kaden

Might have to pick up a few copies of Zihark as a zihark emblem fodder now that I've already +10'd him... :o dem quad attacks for future!Stefan. Not to mention the atk/def rein on nin!Laev that +10 Arena Ashnard is hankering for ... goddamnit this was supposed to be an orb saving month. 

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Farina's Meet the Heroes page has Hector listed as a "closely associated hero." It's a silly little observation, but I didn't expect that. I expected only her two sisters.

Given that she's exclusive to Hector Mode and is one of his few romantic options, it isn't that surprising in my opinion.

That, and who they do and don't pick to include as "closely associated characters" tends to be rather arbitrary. For example, Linhardt's in-game description straight up mentions Caspar by name but Caspar is not one of his "closely associated characters" on the website (they picked Flayn as one instead) or is even mentioned at all on the page.

I just noticed something, but is Farina the first non-infantry beast unit to be introduced whose weapon has a Killer effect or a similar effect, but does not have a special by default? I say introduced and non-infantry beast since Barst, Caeda, Clair, Oscar, Rebecca, Fates Selena, Subaki, and Tailtiu were all given weapons that involved their own special despite not having one and New Year's Keaton, Mordecai, and groom Rafiel being infantry beasts simply share the Wo Dao transformation effect.

And after checking, it seems Nina was the first unit to have an assist and a special by default not Itsuki. I don't remember if there are other units like that and for Farina, it wouldn't be that crazy to give her an entirely loaded kit. They could have dumped Sacred Cowl or Aegis on her. Remember those skills? The last units to be given them were Ameila (Sacred Cowl) and Kempf (Aegis) and before them, Lukas (Sacred Cowl) and Saber (Aegis). Everyone else who has them is a launch unit. Escutcheon isn't doing any better with only Clive. Pavise has had three units introduced with it and one of them was from the previous new heroes banner: Arden, Meisterhardt, and Dedue. There are more new Miracles in total than new Aegises, Escutcheons, Pavises, and Sacred Cowls with fourteen introduced units with Miracle: spring Bruno, legendary Celica, Delthea, Emmeryn, Eremiya, Finn, ninja Laegjarn, Linhardt, Lucius, Maribelle, Mercedes, Adrift Mikoto, Mist, and Sigurd, to the eight of Aegises, Escutcheons, Pavises, and Sacred Cowls. The best part? Maria is the only launch unit with Miracle.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I just noticed something, but is Farina the first non-infantry beast unit to be introduced whose weapon has a Killer effect or a similar effect, but does not have a special by default? I say introduced and non-infantry beast since Barst, Caeda, Clair, Oscar, Rebecca, Fates Selena, Subaki, and Tailtiu were all given weapons that involved their own special despite not having one and New Year's Keaton, Mordecai, and groom Rafiel being infantry beasts simply share the Wo Dao transformation effect.

And after checking, it seems Nina was the first unit to have an assist and a special by default not Itsuki. I don't remember if there are other units like that and for Farina, it wouldn't be that crazy to give her an entirely loaded kit. They could have dumped Sacred Cowl or Aegis on her. Remember those skills? The last units to be given them were Ameila (Sacred Cowl) and Kempf (Aegis) and before them, Lukas (Sacred Cowl) and Saber (Aegis). Everyone else who has them is a launch unit. Escutcheon isn't doing any better with only Clive. Pavise has had three units introduced with it and one of them was from the previous new heroes banner: Arden, Meisterhardt, and Dedue. There are more new Miracles in total than new Aegises, Escutcheons, Pavises, and Sacred Cowls with fourteen introduced units with Miracle: spring Bruno, legendary Celica, Delthea, Emmeryn, Eremiya, Finn, ninja Laegjarn, Linhardt, Lucius, Maribelle, Mercedes, Adrift Mikoto, Mist, and Sigurd, to the eight of Aegises, Escutcheons, Pavises, and Sacred Cowls. The best part? Maria is the only launch unit with Miracle.

Itsuki was notable for being the first (and still only) non-staff unit available at 4* to have 5 skills.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

And after checking, it seems Nina was the first unit to have an assist and a special by default not Itsuki.

Close, but that actually goes to Quan (was released a week before Nina).

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Itsuki was notable for being the first (and still only) non-staff unit available at 4* to have 5 skills.

Speaking of healers, CYL Camilla, bride Fjorm, and Sara are the only ones without a special by default. Not sure why even if they all have three default passives, CYL Camilla has a tier 4 passive, and Sara introduced Return and has two tier 4 passives. They could have at least been given Imbue or Miracle because miracles are common.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Close, but that actually goes to Quan (was released a week before Nina).

To forget him when he is part of the recent weapon update and I even use him from time to time. So, it's Quan, Nina, Itsuki, and maybe someone else.

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

To forget him when he is part of the recent weapon update and I even use him from time to time. So, it's Quan, Nina, Itsuki, and maybe someone else.

There's actually two someone elses. They would be Ophelia (has Rally Up Atk+  and Blazing Light) and Adrift F!Corrin (has Rally Atk/Spd+ and Draconic Aura). Admittedly, I didn't remember that those two also had both an assist and special by default until I checked a skill set table.

Note that all of these characters (minus Itsuki) were released around the same time (the back end of Book II).

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of healers, CYL Camilla, bride Fjorm, and Sara are the only ones without a special by default. Not sure why even if they all have three default passives, CYL Camilla has a tier 4 passive, and Sara introduced Return and has two tier 4 passives. They could have at least been given Imbue or Miracle because miracles are common.

Nah, you know what they really need to do with healers (more specifically, non-seasonal ones)? Actually let them having their fucking weapon unlocked by default, especially if they have Rescue+ or Return+. They are the only 5* summons who not only don't have their last (and best) weapon unlocked by default (aside from characters who received a Prf after their release), they have no weapon unlocked by default. 

And as I mentioned, this for some reason only applies to non-seasonal healers. Summer Rhys will have Palm Staff already unlocked if you summon him with Grails, but Eremiya has to pay a total of 200 SP for Panic. Like, why is this a thing?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There's actually two someone elses. They would be Ophelia (has Rally Up Atk+  and Blazing Light) and Adrift F!Corrin (has Rally Atk/Spd+ and Draconic Aura). Admittedly, I didn't remember that those two also had both an assist and special by default until I checked a skill set table.

Note that all of these characters (minus Itsuki) were released around the same time (the back end of Book II).

I even went out of my way to summon for Ophelia when she was on the late 2018 Hero Fest banner... We may be at a point where there are way too many heroes and skills to remember. I forgot the wording of the tier 4 Threaten skills which could be a way for the upgraded base effect of Grima's Truth to be corrected since according to @Ice Dragon, the English description isn't entirely correct. M!Morgan needs to be within 4 spaces of a foe for him to get Atk/Spd/Res+5. He can't simply get it by simply existing which would have made Astram's Mercurius and Fae's Eternal Breath look bad with their requirements for giving themselves field buffs; Astram needs >= 50% HP and Fae needs to be within 2 spaces of an ally.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, you know what they really need to do with healers (more specifically, non-seasonal ones)? Actually let them having their fucking weapon unlocked by default, especially if they have Rescue+ or Return+. They are the only 5* summons who not only don't have their last (and best) weapon unlocked by default (aside from characters who received a Prf after their release), they have no weapon unlocked by default. 

And as I mentioned, this for some reason only applies to non-seasonal healers. Summer Rhys will have Palm Staff already unlocked if you summon him with Grails, but Eremiya has to pay a total of 200 SP for Panic. Like, why is this a thing?

It's even worse for Flayn, Sara, and future regular summoning pool healers who have heal assists that don't give SP. They either need to be leveled up with shards to get Assault or drop back down to Mend or Reconcile and heal until they have enough SP to learn Assault.

Launch healers also need to be able to access their one and only passive as a 4* because it's real stupid that someone like Lucius can't have HP+5 when it's his only damn passive. The fuck is he going to do? Bleed more?

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Actually let them having their fucking weapon unlocked by default, especially if they have Rescue+ or Return+.

You can just equip Reconcile.

It's no different than switching out a Brave or Firesweep weapon for a Steel weapon when using one of the enemy-phase Special Training maps.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The reason seasonal units have their weapon already learned is so that their default sprite will display their seasonal weapon instead of a generic Assist staff.