Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I have a lot of book 1 units stuck at 4 star +10 simply due to feather hoarding habits even though I am still using them in various modes here and there. All the OG whitewings, Caeda, Adult Tiki and the glorious Reinhardt, all with their prf too.

How many of you were in the same situation and decided to upgrade them into 5 stars? other than the obvious Reinhardt who is still holding up as f2p godsend, I don't know what to do with them, it seems like such a waste to leave them dry in the barrack but couldn't justified spending more feather on them. 

This recent barrack check also made me realise how little the SI pool has changed since book 2, not even swift sparrow 2 or bond skills are available much in the summoning pool. The more I try to build a unit the more frustrated I get with this game I swear.

I am upgrading mine (and either keep at +0 or merge to +1) to consolidate my units to save space. A lot of my 4*+10 units are +Atk running Triangle Adept builds, and that is not the final build I want most of them to have, and I want to switch some of them to another Asset. For some units like Roy, I am kind of stuck on what Asset to give them since I am not sure what kind of unit I want to turn him into. I could keep him as +Atk and give him Axebreaker, or I can try to turn him into a regular tank with +Spd and run something more generic like Steady Posture-Quick Riposte to have more balanced bulk and counter Impacts.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Something I've been thinking about (in the past like hour): Why do we still not have Tier 4 B passives?

It's not like effects for theoretical B Passives don't exist: We've had Desperation 4 in mind since Lewyn was first released, Brash Assault 4 has existed since Sol Katti was first given a refine (as tame as a 75% trigger threshold is these days), same with Quick Riposte, and that's just three of the ones which are stupid easy to upgrade. I could come up with Tier 4s for most of the other B passives in my current tired state.

Chill skills? Target the unit with the highest stat for -8 and triggers a Threaten effect around them for the same stat.
Poison Strike? Remove 12 HP after combat and inflicts the Poison Strike debuff on the enemy for 1 turn, removing 5 HP after every combat they participate in (not counting the combat that inflicted the debuff)
Seals? Inflicts stat -8 on foe and removes bonuses to those stats on foe.
Breakers? Same effects as now, also inflicting Guard on the enemy and/or granting Alert Stance to unit.

Is it meant to be a way to keep "common" units from ever being able to score as high as "premium" units? The ones who has Prf B Passives? Is there some other conspiracy at play? Dumdum game devs? What gives, they'd probably make a cool extra few thousand off the premium players summoning just for Desperation 4 alone.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Something I've been thinking about (in the past like hour): Why do we still not have Tier 4 B passives?

It's not like effects for theoretical B Passives don't exist: We've had Desperation 4 in mind since Lewyn was first released, Brash Assault 4 has existed since Sol Katti was first given a refine (as tame as a 75% trigger threshold is these days), same with Quick Riposte, and that's just three of the ones which are stupid easy to upgrade. I could come up with Tier 4s for most of the other B passives in my current tired state.

Chill skills? Target the unit with the highest stat for -8 and triggers a Threaten effect around them for the same stat.
Poison Strike? Remove 12 HP after combat and inflicts the Poison Strike debuff on the enemy for 1 turn, removing 5 HP after every combat they participate in (not counting the combat that inflicted the debuff)
Seals? Inflicts stat -8 on foe and removes bonuses to those stats on foe.
Breakers? Same effects as now, also inflicting Guard on the enemy and/or granting Alert Stance to unit.

Is it meant to be a way to keep "common" units from ever being able to score as high as "premium" units? The ones who has Prf B Passives? Is there some other conspiracy at play? Dumdum game devs? What gives, they'd probably make a cool extra few thousand off the premium players summoning just for Desperation 4 alone.

I imagine they'll do it eventually, but like a lot of things, they're holding off for what they think is the right time. It's possible that they'll introduce multiple at once, so there are options for max Arena score right off the bat.

According to the notifications, it seems like they are adjusting the scoring system to patch the exploit. I have not noticed much change in the scoring system the past few weeks after the exploit went super public, although I am only in Tier 19.5 so I guess I do not score high enough to be impacted.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

According to the notifications, it seems like they are adjusting the scoring system to patch the exploit. I have not noticed much change in the scoring system the past few weeks after the exploit went super public, although I am only in Tier 19.5 so I guess I do not score high enough to be impacted.

I was able to advance from T20 to T21 two seasons ago (and two seasons before that) with my normal style of Arena team (BK, Gwendolyn, Winter Jaffar, and L'Arachel as a bonus unit, all +10) so it didn't seem to be an issue there, either.

Edited by Othin

Left one looks like Linde or Phina due to the hair and the right one looks like a kid version of Jeorge. Not really interested in another kids banner though if that's what they are going for here.

1 hour ago, Naoshi said:

September, I believe

Oh, i need to start saving then. Too many good options out there i don't want to get caught by surprise.

you know, i dont think it would hurt IS to step away from its gacha tricks a little and just treat its fans a bit better, so heres my proposal: let people exchange X Celestial Stones for a Hero Ticket, which players can then exchange for any 1 hero of their choice. they can time it so it can only be done once or twice or thrice a year if they wish, but it really wouldnt hurt them. they make enough money out of us. just a thought

Edited by Sil/phire

3 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

they make enough money out of us. just a thought

I hope they make a lot of money out of us, but there is no way to confirm whether they are making profit or not, and last time I checked, their speculated revenue has been down for the first three years in a row. Since Heroes has been going on for four years now, I think it is safe to assume they are making a profit, but we have no idea how profitable Heroes is and how long they can remain profitable if their revenue keeps decreasing.

As much as I like them to give everyone free Orbs and units, that is probably going to have a negative impact on their revenue. Even if they make a shit ton of profit off of us, I rather they invest that profit back into the main series or at least use it as a financial cushion in case an emergency happens (e.g.: COVID, earthquake, fire) or one of the main series game sells poorly.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I hope they make a lot of money out of us, but there is no way to confirm whether they are making profit or not, and last time I checked, their speculated revenue has been down for the first three years in a row. Since Heroes has been going on for four years now, I think it is safe to assume they are making a profit, but we have no idea how profitable Heroes is and how long they can remain profitable if their revenue keeps decreasing.

As much as I like them to give everyone free Orbs and units, that is probably going to have a negative impact on their revenue. Even if they make a shit ton of profit off of us, I rather they invest that profit back into the main series or at least use it as a financial cushion in case an emergency happens (e.g.: COVID, earthquake, fire) or one of the main series game sells poorly.

I do think they could offer some kind of rewards that could offer heroes, something like "universal tickets" that could be redeem multiple times.

10 hours ago, Nym said:

I do think they could offer some kind of rewards that could offer heroes, something like "universal tickets" that could be redeem multiple times.

If they do offer some kind of reward, I think it is better if they tie it to some kind of spending, so it at least offsets any potential loss in revenue.

— — — — — — —

Since we are on the topic of Heroes' finances, after letting the Childhood Encounter Weapons sink in for a while, the latest Special Heroes Focus feels a bit... desperate? Powercreepy? CE!Tana and CE!L'Arachel do not seem too outrageous, but giving everyone an exclusive Weapon seems kind of desperate. I guess if they were truly Desperate, they could make them better. They are not horrible units, they just feel a bit half assed.

CE!Eirika on the other hand is on a totally different level. Like, her Weapon is so stacked with effects that it is making me consider running defensive Specials rather than damage Specials so I can further stack Spurn. I consider defensive Specials to be absolute garbage on 99.99% of units, so I think that says something. Like, can you imagine them releasing something in the future that would actually make you consider running Defiants on the A slot again?

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Since we are on the topic of Heroes' finances, after letting the Childhood Encounter Weapons sink in for a while, the latest Special Heroes Focus feels a bit... desperate? Powercreepy? CE!Tana and CE!L'Arachel do not seem too outrageous, but giving everyone an exclusive Weapon seems kind of desperate. I guess if they were truly Desperate, they could make them better. They are not horrible units, they just feel a bit half assed.

CE!Eirika on the other hand is on a totally different level. Like, her Weapon is so stacked with effects that it is making me consider running defensive Specials rather than damage Specials so I can further stack Spurn. I consider defensive Specials to be absolute garbage on 99.99% of units, so I think that says something. Like, can you imagine them releasing something in the future that would actually make you consider running Defiants on the A slot again?

Keep in mind they gave everyone an exclusive weapon in the Young Archanean banner as well (even Mininerva the TT freebie), and we can expect the Fallen Heroes to all have Prfs as well.

I also wanna add that in the Valentine banner, we got a unit who got a huge stat boost, ignored Damage Reduction effects, and got an automatic follow-up attack for the low-low price of "be within 3 spaces of someone", which is really not that hard to trigger. Just last month we got a unit with basically unconditional and flat 40% damage reduction. Usually the damage reduction was tied to a stat check or was limited to one hit at a time, but nope, just byebye some damage intake.

Tana and L'arachel do their own jobs, and be fair they'll probably be considered among the best at it (even though Tana is part of a very oversaturated unit type), but... honestly, I'd just keep Luna or grab Aether. The only "good" defensive special is LegCorrin's Negating Fang, and the sole reason for that is that it works against all units. You would have a special that only does anything against 50% of all units otherwise.

...also good joke at the end there.

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Keep in mind they gave everyone an exclusive weapon in the Young Archanean banner as well (even Mininerva the TT freebie), and we can expect the Fallen Heroes to all have Prfs as well.

I also wanna add that in the Valentine banner, we got a unit who got a huge stat boost, ignored Damage Reduction effects, and got an automatic follow-up attack for the low-low price of "be within 3 spaces of someone", which is really not that hard to trigger. Just last month we got a unit with basically unconditional and flat 40% damage reduction. Usually the damage reduction was tied to a stat check or was limited to one hit at a time, but nope, just byebye some damage intake.

Tana and L'arachel do their own jobs, and be fair they'll probably be considered among the best at it (even though Tana is part of a very oversaturated unit type), but... honestly, I'd just keep Luna or grab Aether. The only "good" defensive special is LegCorrin's Negating Fang, and the sole reason for that is that it works against all units. You would have a special that only does anything against 50% of all units otherwise.

...also good joke at the end there.

I get why Fallen banner get their Prf, but younger version of characters should all get inheritable weapons to match the theme, but instead they all get more powerful weapon than their adult self.

Myrh is not as bad as Valentine banner because she was the only busted one and comes with dragon & flier weaknesses. The whole Valentine banner introduces save skills that makes Armor Edelgards & Bector more annoying, and Prf weapons like Duo Lif and Gustav. 

L'arachel being cavalry healer is probably gonna make more impact in AR. Erica probably still dies to a bunch of blue units, most notably Bector. 

37 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I get why Fallen banner get their Prf, but younger version of characters should all get inheritable weapons to match the theme, but instead they all get more powerful weapon than their adult self.

Myrh is not as bad as Valentine banner because she was the only busted one and comes with dragon & flier weaknesses. The whole Valentine banner introduces save skills that makes Armor Edelgards & Bector more annoying, and Prf weapons like Duo Lif and Gustav. 

L'arachel being cavalry healer is probably gonna make more impact in AR. Erica probably still dies to a bunch of blue units, most notably Bector. 

What kind of inheritable weapon could they have? It's already weird that children are being trusted with such ornate weapons I won't deny that, but they'd be wielding actual training-level weapons if we were to accurately match the theme.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but I will say that what Inigo and Minerva lack in prfs they make up for in stats. Severa is actually frightening if you use her at her best, but the condition to set her up is admitably something that needs to be worked around...

Lastly, that really doesn't make much of a difference. Any unit with a color is automatically going to face trouble against their color disadvantage, Bike is still gonna take a sizable amount of damage from red units even if most of it is being lobbed off by Urvan/Spurn. You also need to remember that Eirika comes with NFU, which removes two advantages of Bector: his automatic follow-up and his denying the foes follow-up. Since Eirika is also adding 20% of the foes Def to her damage AND her HP... Bector is gonna actually be taking some hits.

I don't like how they are pushing out all these new skill types one after another so quickly. Now that they have beaten all their top money-making characters to death (Lyn, Ike, Hector, Micaiah, etc), taking the step to actually release one of their practically brand-new OCs as a mythic hero in record time, and their new hero banners featuring characters that are less and less known and so not attracting as much money, all of this does give me a small sense of desperation. I think the company at this moment is finding itself at a point of burnout, from a standpoint of creativity and resources.

From a stand point of creativity, i think the better approach is to look at what you already have and explore how you can mix that up to may be do the same things but in new ways that still feel fresh. But all i see so far is a trend of stacking stats on top of stats, I'm sure there is much more you can explore if they tried to do things from different angles. For a quick example, imagine a skill named "backup" doing something like: if an ally engages in combat while this unit is within two spaces in a cardinal direction to that ally and that ally's spd < than the foe's spd, this unit makes an attack on that foe after the ally's attack or counter attack but damage this unit deals to that foe is halved. Here you are playing with positioning and team work, and to an extent that is exactly what they did with Savior skills, but i feel the power level there should have been tuned down a bit. Or imagine a skill like "Tome Synergy": if there is a different-color tome ally on the field, negate weapon advantages/disadvantages when in combat against a foe who shares color with that ally. If all allies are Tome allies, negate penalties on stats during combat and neutralize bonuses on enemy stats. Now you're just working with team compositions, give people reasons to play with things they may be generally wouldn't.

From a standpoint of resources, I think they need to they need to find a more effective way to introduce us to all of these other characters many of us have never heard. Every single banner it seems a new character shows up who some one out there is always just waiting to see make it into the game. I have no idea who most of these characters are, so you can't sell me on the idea of investing orbs to get them unless they are busted. But if you must make every new unit you release busted, then the quality of your game will suffer. Sell me the character, not the stats. This is i don't really know how they could approach better, but i do think it's an area that desperately needs work. Or, you know, work out a system in where you can release a new Fire Emblem main series game every year to give people something to do other than play Heroes and to give yourself new characters to work with that people will actually be familiar with because everyone will jump on the new game. ---- which will probably not happen given how expensive it must be to even start.

Edited by Sil/phire

8 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I don't like how they are pushing out all these new skill types one after another so quickly. Now that they have beaten all their top money-making characters to death (Lyn, Ike, Hector, Micaiah, etc), taking the step to actually release one of their practically brand-new OCs as a mythic hero in record time, and their new hero banners featuring characters that are less and less known and so not attracting as much money, all of this does give me a small sense of desperation. I think the company at this moment is finding itself at a point of burnout, from a standpoint of creativity and resources.

From a stand point of creativity, i think the better approach is to look at what you already have and explore how you can mix that up to may be do the same things but in new ways that still feel fresh. But all i see so far is a trend of stacking stats on top of stats, I'm sure there is much more you can explore if they tried to do things from different angles. For a quick example, imagine a skill named "backup" doing something like: if an ally engages in combat while this unit is within two spaces in a cardinal direction to that ally and that ally's spd < than the foe's spd, this unit makes an attack on that foe after the ally's attack or counter attack but damage this unit deals to that foe is halved. Here you are playing with positioning and team work, and to an extent that is exactly what they did with Savior skills, but i feel the power level there should have been tuned down a bit. Or imagine a skill like "Tome Synergy": if there is a different-color tome ally on the field, negate weapon advantages/disadvantages when in combat against a foe who shares color with that ally. If all allies are Tome allies, negate penalties on stats during combat and neutralize bonuses on enemy stats. Now you're just working with team compositions, give people reasons to play with things they may be generally wouldn't.

From a standpoint of resources, I think they need to they need to find a more effective way to introduce us to all of these other characters many of us have never heard. Every single banner it seems a new character shows up who some one out there is always just waiting to see make it into the game. I have no idea who most of these characters are, so you can't sell me on the idea of investing orbs to get them unless they are busted. But if you must make every new unit you release busted, then the quality of your game will suffer. Sell me the character, not the stats. This is i don't really know how they could approach better, but i do think it's an area that desperately needs work. Or, you know, work out a system in where you can release a new Fire Emblem main series game every year to give people something to do other than play Heroes and to give yourself new characters to work with that people will actually be familiar with because everyone will jump on the new game. ---- which will probably not happen given how expensive it must be to even start.

You are getting that now? I used to summon alot 2 years ago and threw money at it but i stoped. Because in my eyes it started to be pointless to summon since the unit will be powercrept in 6 months at least anyway. All I am doing atm is doing AR, Arena and looking forward to the next mythic/legendary battle to beat in abyssal with the Askrtrio. I dont even care for scoring in Arena AR or AA. Its pointless.

I have to admit the modes are getting very Stagnant and i dont know how long i will go on without more Abyssal GHBs MHBs etc or new modes. They should finally release season 3 and season 4 of GHB as Abyssal modes on weekly rotation.

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

You are getting that now? I used to summon alot 2 years ago and threw money at it but i stoped. Because in my eyes it started to be pointless to summon since the unit will be powercrept in 6 months at least anyway. All I am doing atm is doing AR, Arena and looking forward to the next mythic/legendary battle to beat in abyssal with the Askrtrio. I dont even care for scoring in Arena AR or AA. Its pointless.

I have to admit the modes are getting very Stagnant and i dont know how long i will go on without more Abyssal GHBs MHBs etc or new modes. They should finally release season 3 and season 4 of GHB as Abyssal modes on weekly rotation.

I have only been more or less focused on the game for about 5 months now, never paid much attention to it before that, but yes, as i have learned more about how the game is managed it's become clear. I have never played it for competitive reasons and i would only do so if i could have a real-time, 1v1 against another player, i mean personally i have only cleared two Abyssal maps so far, to me it's just fun collecting the different units and using those i like to clear stuff, but i do like the game, so for it's long term health i do hope they can refine their approach.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

For a quick example, imagine a skill named "backup" doing something like: if an ally engages in combat while this unit is within two spaces in a cardinal direction to that ally and that ally's spd < than the foe's spd, this unit makes an attack on that foe after the ally's attack or counter attack but damage this unit deals to that foe is halved. Here you are playing with positioning and team work

If you make the conditional requirements too difficult to fulfill, then it simply would not be used. And new skill also needs to compete with old skills too. No one uses Defiants as previously mentioned. Practically no one uses B slot Dances and Cantrips on Dancers/Singers, and it makes no sense to use them either when Wings of Mercy exists. Threatens are pretty crap when Smokes exist. No one seriously uses Rallies outside of scoring or to manipulate the AI on defense. On paper, none of these skills are particularly difficult to trigger, but in practice, they are either impractical or too onerous to use or they are completely outclassed by better skills.

Save skills as is are fine. They make a new type of super tank team viable. If they get nerfed to what you are suggesting, they might not get used at all.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

That is what New Heroes Foci is for. Every New Heroes Foci introduces characters in the main series a bit more deeply via Forging Bonds. In my opinion, Heroes is more of a gateway game to get players to play the main series so players can then learn more about a character they are interested in. I agree that they should do more with introducing characters better, but there is a cost to everything and writers do not and should not work for free.

It is not viable to make a new Fire Emblem game every year. There simply is not enough demand for it. Not to mention the cost.

I don't know that there "isn't enough demand" for a new FE game every year. The series is growing, not shrinking.

What I will say, however, is that I would prefer a quality over quantity approach. This isn't Call of Duty or Pokemon. Saturation of bullshit won't help the franchise more than a great game every 2-3 years. And there's always licensed spinoffs through third parties if they want to increase content. (Cough, FEW2, cough).