Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Your team will go through the battle as you normally would, only they'd be AI-controlled (they won't have an "immediate finish" like in other gacha games). If your team lost, you'd be able to field a new set of characters in modes like Tempest Trials+, otherwise it'll just go to Game Over where you can replay the last turn or give up.

Thanks. So that means I still need to field competent team to clear them. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well count me on the F!edelgard hate camp. I hit two of them on my arena run for last week. None of them had merges, or i can't remember it, but the first team was fairly ugly, with a +10 L!Chrom, +10 Ashnard, and +7 L!Dimitri. I lost half my team on both times i faced her, having to sacrifice units to chip her down. My L!Lilina unfortunately barely damages her; at least she was able to one-shot the L!Chrom, surprisingly enough. My other units are usually Marianne, Lachesis, and L!Claude, but I swapped out Claude for my own F!edelgard exactly because I expected to see her on opposing teams and hoped to slow and chip her enough for Lilina to finish her. Not looking forward to the inevetiable double, triple, or perhaps even four-of edelgard teams, so i just plan on picking the easy matches and aim to stay at least on rank 18.

Edited by Sil/phire

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Thankfully this is last week of her on bonus on arena so we should be seeing her less next week.

...well, maybe for the people whose defense teams are just their Arena Offense teams, but if people have dedicated Defense teams... that's gonna be a nightmare to deal with...

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Rokkr Sieges was already easy... but now Bride Catria made it even more easier. Even Halloween Mia and my dancers are qua attacking now.

That's what I'm saying too. Maybe Mila in the 3rd round will be rough if she has Bracing Stance 3 and Sabotage Attack, but they might tone her down.

26 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

That's what I'm saying too. Maybe Mila in the 3rd round will be rough if she has Bracing Stance 3 and Sabotage Attack, but they might tone her down.

According to datamine:

Spoiler

Mila will have Bracing Stance 3, Sabotage Atk and Mila's Turnwheel. So basically her full passive kit.

Although, her Def at 5* Lv 40 will be 28, so I don't expect her isolating many units.

Out of curiosity, what teams do others run in Rokkr anyway? Who is usually the reinforcements sweeper?

Generally what has worked for me was double GF attackers, Halloween Mia, and a reinforcement sweeper in Legendary Leif (cav move along with ranged and prf GF means he can reach just about any reinforcement, sometimes even attacking 2 in the same turn). The only reason I don't bother with dancers is just because I don't see a need for one with what has always worked for me.

Edited by Xenomata

53 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Out of curiosity, what teams do others run in Rokkr anyway? Who is usually the reinforcements sweeper?

For this round, I am using Bride Catria, OG Palla, Halloween Mia and Reyson. Catria, Palla and Reyson have Galeforce.

Mia inflicts Guard on the Rokkr, so they can't charge specials. Catria and Palla are there for the damage, and Reyson is there for dancing and healing.

If I really need to kill reinforcements, I use Mia or one of the galeforcers if they have that charged. But I only do that if really needed. Melee Reinforcements usually kill themselves when initiating on my units, so I only need to deal with ranged ones.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I always use B!Lyn with Brave Bow, Noontime, Guard, Breath of Life and 3 Dancers (at least 1 ranged, at least 1 melee who run Seal Def, I like to bring Reyson for more healing with his weapon). B!Lyn quads every round and the Rokkr special never goes out due to Guard on her and not charging enough on the dancers. All dancers run things like Spur Atk or Drive Atk on C and Seal slot.

I don't bother with reinforcements unless one of them threaten to kills whoever is tanking the Rokkr.

This has been working for me for a long time easily enough. I could even try this out with Ninja Lyn, to be honest. Didn't think of that till right now.

Only when the Rokkr is ranged you have to pursue it, but  I've not had a round where I couldn't reach the max score since I started running this. It's pretty braindead, tbh.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I usually play on Intermediate, with Halloween Mia and Reyson supporting a pair of melee units. For this round, I used Brave Celica and my +10 regular Eliwood. For red foes, I usually go with Naesala and Cordelia. For green, I think I've tended towards Cherche and Haar, but they're a lot weaker.

For Røkkr Sieges, I use Reyson and Leanne as my core Dancers/Singers, and my Galeforcers vary between double Palla: Sisterly Trion; Tibarn and Palla; Cain and Abel; and now also double Catria: Azure Wing Pair.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

My usual team is Halloween Mia, Legendary Azura, and two units with Brave weapons and Galeforce. The last two units depend on the Rokkr unit:

• Against green melee units, I use Elincia and Palla.
  • Against all other melee units, I use Duo Palla and Est.
  • Against ranged fliers, I use Legendary Leaf and Valentine Henriette. Valentine Gustav replaces Azura for dealing with reinforcements. Effective damage and not needing to pull attackers to deal with reinforcements makes up for having only 1 attacker.
  • Against all other ranged units, I use Cain and Abel with Knock Back to force the Rokkr into a corner and prevent them from moving.

Reinforcements are handled by whoever can reach. Mia is always close to Azura, so reinforcements that can be reached by Mia will be handled by her, and Azura can then dance Mia back to the Rokkr to inflict Guard. If Azura can reach, but Mia cannot, Azura handles it. If the reinforcements appear on the opposite side of the Rokkr from Mia, the attackers should always have Galeforce fully charged at the start of the turn, so they can kill the reinforcements and return to attack the Rokkr.

If I don't pull the attackers off the Rokkr, it should be dead by turn 4, so there's plenty of leeway to let them use actions to take out reinforcements when necessary.

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Generally what has worked for me was double GF attackers, Halloween Mia, and a reinforcement sweeper in Legendary Leif (cav move along with ranged and prf GF means he can reach just about any reinforcement, sometimes even attacking 2 in the same turn). The only reason I don't bother with dancers is just because I don't see a need for one with what has always worked for me.

Brave-weapon TA melee units with Astra/galeforce + ruse units for all except Blue type enemies because I only have Cherche and she is only +1, then I would just use Brave Bow Lyn plus dancers.

This round my team is Altina for reinforcement bait and attacking in one, Brave sword Cain, Shannan with Ninja katana and Leila for ruse.

Does Galeforce outdamage Astra? My Shannan can fire off 2 Astra every other turn with Heavy Blade seal so I didn't think about switching to galeforce this time.

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Does Galeforce outdamage Astra? My Shannan can fire off 2 Astra every other turn with Heavy Blade seal so I didn't think about switching to galeforce this time.

Galeforce has higher damage output. Astra is the equivalent of an extra 1.5 hit every 5 hits (4 cooldown hits, and 1 hit to trigger), and speeding it up will be an extra 1.5 hit every 3 hits (2 cooldown hits, 1 hit to trigger). Galeforce is the equivalent of 4 hits for 5 actions (5 cooldown hits, 0 hits to trigger since it is automatic after combat), and it also increases the damage multiplier faster since you are splitting up your combat into two rounds.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Xenomata said:

My current team, now that I've had a chance to start on the mode this event:

-Balldigan: Candy Cane, Aether, L&D7, Wyvern Flight, Atk/Def Menace. So long as he hugs the boss, they are always mega-debuffed. And he has Dance just in case of a positioning fuck-up.
-Edgelord: Primary Galeforcer. Self-explanatory since she heals herself after every combat and gets three moves. Very good for stomping reinforcements.
-Snowthis: Mostly just there so Edgelord doesn't get sad because of starting positions forcing her to be next to an ally, but Armor March, Special Fighter and Sirius are helpful.
-Eliwood: Secondary Galeforcer, ideally sits opposite of Edgelord so he can slap reinforcements she can't reach. Has a Mystic Boost seal on just in case.

I was hoping to pull Cuteria to expedite things with Triangle Attack, but this is disgusting in its own right. The only threat to this team is a tome deciding to slap Balldigan; otherwise they can just form a murderball around the boss because everyone has some form of self-healing and Guard. Fairly consistent 200k score so long as I don't do something stupid.

e: Speaking of Edgelord and Snowthis, their class synergy is perfection, but in reality they would probably hate each other's guts and try to kill each other at the first opportunity.

Unfortunately, I do not care.

c50b013e24.jpg

Edited by Some Jerk

Fallen Edelgard is in Pawn of Loki too. She is really starting to get on my nerves. This is the one mode that I actually enjoy a lot because I get use friends unit with cool set that I don't have access to. I know ppl probably use her to clear rival domain maps but it is enraging that I have to somehow find a way deal to with her in PoL too.

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Fallen Edelgard is in Pawn of Loki too. She is really starting to get on my nerves. This is the one mode that I actually enjoy a lot because I get use friends unit with cool set that I don't have access to. I know ppl probably use her to clear rival domain maps but it is enraging that I have to somehow find a way deal to with her in PoL too.

When doing the mode purely for points, just do it on easy. No player armies will appear, ergo no Hegemon spam. So long as you remember to do each round on both days, you still get all the Points rewards.

There... really isn't anything to say about Hegemon in PoL. Bringing a bunch of units with NFU is about the only thing I can recommend, cause in PoL that's the only way you'll be able to ebb her down.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Fallen Edelgard is unstoppable. Unless you bring a good counter, you are screwed.

Yep, they stuck almost everything a unit could possibly want on just two skills. It's absolutely goddamn absurd, and it ruins the game entirely. They may as well have just thrown Null C Disrupt and Effective Damage Negation on her and been done with it.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Reducing PvP to an on/off switch where you bring a specific counter to one unit or automatically lose is godawful, and I hope they end up losing money/players for it.

You do not need to bring a specific counter to deal with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. Firesweepers have been around for a long time to allow players to deal with a variety of problematic units. Firesweepers are not specialized enough to kill anything bulky in one round of combat, but they should have no issue killing most things in two or three rounds of combat.

Faye is not exactly easy to get a hold of, but she comes around almost twice per year via Revival Foci. If players do not mind using staff units as their Firesweepers, Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff come around close to a dozen times per year each, due to a large number of staff units that has them.

For Arena, Firesweepers score high enough to get a player into Tier 19.5, and maybe even 20.5 if they run Duel skills. Arena Assault can be a bit more problematic if you do not have enough Firesweepers, but you can go without Wrathful Staff and just use Pain with Dazzling Staff Refine to chip problematic enemies down. For Aether Raids, I have not had any issues using Ike: Brave Mercenary and Lucina: Brave Princess to counteract the Special charging decrease.

She is a problem in Pawns of Loki, since it is not exactly easy to get Idunn or Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, since I think she is the only one that targets Res, has armor effectiveness, and got the bulk to take the punishment.

Edited by XRay

19 hours ago, XRay said:

You do not need to bring a specific counter to deal with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. Firesweepers have been around for a long time to allow players to deal with a variety of problematic units. Firesweepers are not specialized enough to kill anything bulky in one round of combat, but they should have no issue killing most things in two or three rounds of combat.

Faye is not exactly easy to get a hold of, but she comes around almost twice per year via Revival Foci. If players do not mind using staff units as their Firesweepers, Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff come around close to a dozen times per year each, due to a large number of staff units that has them.

For Arena, Firesweepers score high enough to get a player into Tier 19.5, and maybe even 20.5 if they run Duel skills. Arena Assault can be a bit more problematic if you do not have enough Firesweepers, but you can go without Wrathful Staff and just use Pain with Dazzling Staff Refine to chip problematic enemies down. For Aether Raids, I have not had any issues using Ike: Brave Mercenary and Lucina: Brave Princess to counteract the Special charging decrease.

She is a problem in Pawns of Loki, since it is not exactly easy to get Idunn or Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, since I think she is the only one that targets Res, has armor effectiveness, and got the bulk to take the punishment.

Oh man, I have been trying to get Faye for the longest time. But maybe Soleil can beat her?

Hm... Out of boredom, I decided to rewatch some of my old Hero Battle clears from years ago.

Kinda weird looking back on these... many of my units were not at all as merged up as they would later be, heck this was when most of the cast didn't have refines. It'd be silly to think that many of these were considered "hard" to me at the time, but back then yeah they were certainly difficult when I didn't have as many options. But now when I watch Witchy Nowi struggle to kill when using a Bladetome set, now I can think "just warp to the other side of the map and murder the shmuck over there you silly cackle" or better yet just use a different team altogether. Not to mention Ophelia was in so many of my earliest clears, now I don't use her as much simply because I actually have alternate options. The same can't be said about LegAzura... she's pretty much a given on my clears past, present, future, and in legends...

Hm... it's gonna be weird when even a clear like Dagr Abyssal or Ashera Abyssal will be something to look back on...

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Oh man, I have been trying to get Faye for the longest time. But maybe Soleil can beat her?

On paper, it should work, but in practice, Soleil's melee range is a problem since Edelgard: Hegemon Husk can catch up to her. It is more difficult to use a melee Firesweeper in my opinion.

If you give Nailah Windsweep, that could possibly work since she has Glare to slow Edelgard: Hegemon Husk down, but that is just more expensive and less effective than a Firesweep archer in my opinion.

Edited by XRay