• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Has anyone else noticed that Eyvel has never not color shared with another red despite Eyvel being used on five different banners? She has shared with: 

• Mareeta [Peony & More, debut banner]
  • Phina [Heroes with Form Skills 2020, got a one day re-run last November & Heroes with Form Skills 2021]
  • Tibarn [Pirate TT+ banner]
  • Laevatein [Ponytails v. Pigtails VG banner]

Coincidentally, Phina has only been re-run four times to date after her debut banner (she was also on legendary Chrom’s banner). So in case you wonder why you never see Phina and / or forgot that she even exists in this game, that’s why.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Has anyone else noticed that Eyvel has never not color shared with another red despite Eyvel being used on five different banners? She has shared with: 

• Mareeta [Peony & More, debut banner]
  • Phina [Heroes with Form Skills 2020, got a one day re-run last November & Heroes with Form Skills 2021]
  • Tibarn [Pirate TT+ banner]
  • Laevatein [Ponytails v. Pigtails VG banner]

Coincidentally, Phina has only been re-run four times to date after her debut banner (she was also on legendary Chrom’s banner). So in case you wonder why you never see Phina and / or forgot that she even exists in this game, that’s why.

Hmm... I wish they would make New Heroes Foci annual too, just so that there is at least some consistency so that you can plan for any unit's release schedule.

It's funny when you put it that way, that Phina has only ever been rerun four times. I think both times I got her were off-focus.

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's funny when you put it that way, that Phina has only ever been rerun four times. I think both times I got her were off-focus.

Yeah, I only have Eyvel because she showed up as an off-focus pull on my end (and on that last FE4 New Heroes banner, as it happened).

Meanwhile, Phina is now the oldest standard pool red I've never gotten (M!Byleth is technically the oldest regular red I've never pulled, but do have because I got Three Houses). I honestly won't mind if Archanea gets the ballroom banner (or at least half of it, while Binding Blade gets the other half) this year because man do they need it.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I only have Eyvel because she showed up as an off-focus pull on my end (and on that last FE4 New Heroes banner, as it happened).

Meanwhile, Phina is now the oldest standard pool red I've never gotten (M!Byleth is technically the oldest regular red I've never pulled, but do have because I got Three Houses). I honestly won't mind if Archanea gets the ballroom banner (or at least half of it, while Binding Blade gets the other half) this year because man do they need it.

Haha, funny enough I pulled Eyvel off-focus twice as well.

Binding Blade and Archanea having only one 5-star exclusive dancer is a massive pain, it would be nice if they add in more dancers from those two games. Such as how Binding Blade could've added Elfin already but they didn't.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Haha, funny enough I pulled Eyvel off-focus twice as well.

Binding Blade and Archanea having only one 5-star exclusive dancer is a massive pain, it would be nice if they add in more dancers from those two games. Such as how Binding Blade could've added Elfin already but they didn't.

Personally, I'm even more frustrated by how FE5, FE9, and 3H's only dancers are seasonal.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I'm even more frustrated by how FE5, FE9, and 3H's only dancers are seasonal.

Fair enough on FE5 and 3H, but isn't FE9 always stapled to FE10 and therefore Reyson should count?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Fair enough on FE5 and 3H, but isn't FE9 always stapled to FE10 and therefore Reyson should count?

In Limited Hero Battles, yes, but in Resonant Battles they're separate. Same with FE4+5.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

In Limited Hero Battles, yes, but in Resonant Battles they're separate. Same with FE4+5.

Got it, I never quite realized that lol

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Is Reyson under FE10? I remember using him in FE9. 

I don't understand what's the hold up with Dorothea either, worst case scenario they try to make her different like how Petra is flying dagger and make her academy form a tome user instead.

14 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Is Reyson under FE10? I remember using him in FE9. 

Yeah, he's listed under Radiant Dawn in this game but was the only Heron to be playable in Path of Radiance.

Yeah, IS has been being stingy with dancers/singers for some of the games.  I hope that when Elphin is added he is a 4* demote.  As for FE1/3 who besides Phina is a cannon dancer?  I have the same question for FE5 since I don't know the cast of FE5 I don't know if it has a cannon dancer.  FE9 is also in a bad place since Reyson would have been best, but they shoved him into the FE10 cast along with all the Laguz.  I wonder if they will make Dorothea's base form the normal pool dancer since she would make the most sense, though they could do something weird and have Manuela be the dancer.

20 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Yeah, IS has been being stingy with dancers/singers for some of the games.  I hope that when Elphin is added he is a 4* demote.  As for FE1/3 who besides Phina is a cannon dancer?  I have the same question for FE5 since I don't know the cast of FE5 I don't know if it has a cannon dancer.  FE9 is also in a bad place since Reyson would have been best, but they shoved him into the FE10 cast along with all the Laguz.  I wonder if they will make Dorothea's base form the normal pool dancer since she would make the most sense, though they could do something weird and have Manuela be the dancer.

FE1/3 do not have any other canon dancers. FE5 has Lara.

Also, Gaiden / SoV doesn’t even have one canon dancer. The closest is Cleric Faye in SoV who is the only character to get the Anew spell, but she not only learns it super late (Lv. 14 Saint) but it’s also rather impractical because it costs a ridiculous 24 HP to cast (when max HP caps at 52 for all playable characters).

That said, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they resort to a Saint Faye alt for a future SoV banner. I suppose it would be a bit more interesting in terms of gameplay than another Palla or Est.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, Gaiden / SoV doesn’t even have one canon dancer. The closest is Cleric Faye in SoV who is the only character to get the Anew spell, but she not only learns it super late (Lv. 14 Saint) but it’s also rather impractical because it costs a ridiculous 24 HP to cast (when max HP caps at 52 for all playable characters).

That said, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they resort to a Saint Faye alt for a future SoV banner. I suppose it would be a bit more interesting in terms of gameplay than another Palla or Est.

At least it has a free seasonal dancer. Which other games could get, too.

I would like for the Dancers Banner this year to have units from different titles.

If we keep getting the same amount of special banners as last year, and in the same order, the Dancers Banner will have a harmonic hero. That mean two titles in one, at least.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

At least it has a free seasonal dancer. Which other games could get, too.

Rinea was only free if you were around on FEH back in September 2019 (and that was quite awhile ago). Otherwise, she costs you 100 grails and thus is not free.

Besides, how else is SoV (even though one of them is a grail unit, it only has two dancers) going to get another dancer outside of the dedicated dancer banner?

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Rinea was only free if you were around on FEH back in September 2019 (and that was quite awhile ago). Otherwise, she costs you 100 grails and thus is not free.

Besides, how else is SoV (even though one of them is a grail unit, it only has two dancers) going to get another dancer outside of the dedicated dancer banner?

100 grails is still far more available than a 5* exclusive unit. I consider all grail units to be free, in that they have guaranteed neutral copies available at any time without needing to spend orbs or real money.

I'm not talking about ways to get more dancers for SoV, and I don't think it needs them. I'm saying 4* seasonals are a way FE3/5/6/9/3H could get more accessible dancers.

Edited by Othin

When was the last time a seasonal banner had all of its banner units be from different games? The only ones that come to mind right now are the first and second Bridal Banners (but the second one only had three units actually on the banner). It might be nice if every character in the upcoming dancer banner is from a different game. And if they really do get a Harmonic, that could hypothetically cover six games at once.

I think pirates banner had everyone from different game? Probably it's possible for dancers one, though it will be too good to be true but one can dream.

17 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

I think pirates banner had everyone from different game? Probably it's possible for dancers one, though it will be too good to be true but one can dream.

On yeah, that did have six characters representing six different games. Completely forgot that existed. The ninja banner came close to that too, I guess, falling one short because they had a duo instead of a harmonic.

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

On yeah, that did have six characters representing six different games. Completely forgot that existed. The ninja banner came close to that too, I guess, falling one short because they had a duo instead of a harmonic.

Now I'm curious. Fortunately I have a spreadsheet for this!

• Spring 1 - 2
  • Bridal 1 - 4
  • Summer 1a - 1
  • Summer 1b - 1
  • Dancers 1 - 2
  • Halloween 1 - 2
  • Winter 1 - 1
  • NY 1 - 1
  • Valentine's 1 - 2
  • Spring 2 - 3
  • Bridal 2 - 4
  • Summer 2a - 2
  • Summer 2b - 2
  • Dancers 2 - 2
  • Halloween 2 - 4
  • Winter 2 - 2
  • NY 2 - 1
  • Onsen - 1
  • Valentine's 2 - 1
  • Spring 3 - 3
  • Picnic - 2
  • Bridal 3 - 3
  • Summer 3a - 1
  • Summer 3b - 2
  • Dancers 3 - 3
  • Halloween 3 - 3
  • Winter 3 - 3
  • NY 3 - 3
  • Valentine's 3 - 1
  • Spring 4 - 2
  • Anniversary 1 - 1
  • Bridal 4 - 2
  • Summer 4a - 3
  • Summer 4b - 1
  • Pirates - 6
  • Dancers 4 - 1
  • Halloween 4 - 4
  • Ninjas - 5
  • Winter 4 - 3
  • NY 4 - 2
  • Desert - 4
  • Valentine's 4 - 1
  • Spring 5 - 3
  • Anniversary 2 - 1
  • Bridal 5 - 2

So the pirate and ninja banners were the only seasonals to feature more than 4 different games, and the only other banners to have all characters come from different games (or even just all face units) were the first two bridal banners.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope they release the trailer tonight and not tomorrow, since I have to stay late for the VG anyway. lol   (the trailers/channels and also VG final multiplier are at mid-night for me)

The banner launches on the 8th, which suggests the trailer is likely to be either tomorrow or Sunday night. Tonight is certainly a possibility, but Sunday would fit that "last day of the gauntlet" pattern.