Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

This is an extra late question, but does anyone know what our next FB revival banner is and which banner got dropped from voting?

I hope this answer your question

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

We'll be getting word of the next Resplendent within the next couple of days. I'm thinking it's getting to be about the time they cycle back to Nifl, and they'll probably give us another 5-star character since we just got both the 3/4-stars Chrom and Nino back-to-back. I'll predict Brave Lyn. Yeah, let's go with her.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We'll be getting word of the next Resplendent within the next couple of days. I'm thinking it's getting to be about the time they cycle back to Nifl, and they'll probably give us another 5-star character since we just got both the 3/4-stars Chrom and Nino back-to-back. I'll predict Brave Lyn. Yeah, let's go with her.

Base Lyn already got Nifl, so it'd be kinda odd if they double dipped. 

I could see Brave Lyn getting Amazon Country to complement Brave Ike getting Steampunk Country.

I don't think you'll be getting another Brave Resplendent until the next anniversary. That's how I think they're doing it and should be doing it. One per year, likely to never reach CYL2. I do, however, think Lyn is next in line when it does happen, and Amazon sounds like a good idea to me.

In the likely event that it's a steampunk skin, I'm guessing Dorcas 5 star, Frederick 4 star again.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't think you'll be getting another Brave Resplendent until the next anniversary. That's how I think they're doing it and should be doing it. One per year, likely to never reach CYL2. I do, however, think Lyn is next in line when it does happen, and Amazon sounds like a good idea to me.

In the likely event that it's a steampunk skin, I'm guessing Dorcas 5 star, Frederick 4 star again.

My guess would be 1 per year in the aniversary, but only doing the overall winners of each CYL. Ike was the first, then next year we get the winner of CYL2 and so on.

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I could see Brave Lyn getting Amazon Country to complement Brave Ike getting Steampunk Country.

I do, however, think Lyn is next in line when it does happen, and Amazon sounds like a good idea to me.

Oh, gosh, I hope not. Those are some of the ugliest outfits I've seen in Fire Emblem.

50 minutes ago, Rinco said:

My guess would be 1 per year in the aniversary, but only doing the overall winners of each CYL. Ike was the first, then next year we get the winner of CYL2 and so on.

I'm not sure about that. That'd tick off a LOT of fans, fans of Lyn, Lucina, Roy, Ephraim, Camilla, etc. Not that Heroes has ever cared about the feelings of fans, but that seems like too big of a step, not to mention a bad business move.

Plus, according to IS's CYL standards, Lyn was the overall CYL 1 winner. It doesn't matter if we the fans combined PoR and RD Ike votes, IS didn't. Even after they did start combining votes in CYL 3, they didn't go back to 1 and 2 and combine any votes.

26 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh, gosh, I hope not. Those are some of the ugliest outfits I've seen in Fire Emblem.

I'm not sure about that. That'd tick off a LOT of fans, fans of Lyn, Lucina, Roy, Ephraim, Camilla, etc. Not that Heroes has ever cared about the feelings of fans, but that seems like too big of a step, not to mention a bad business move.

Plus, according to IS's CYL standards, Lyn was the overall CYL 1 winner. It doesn't matter if we the fans combined PoR and RD Ike votes, IS didn't. Even after they did start combining votes in CYL 3, they didn't go back to 1 and 2 and combine any votes.

I don't see the issue. It's better than the fairy trash, it's better than the typically garish color clash of Muspell, and it's better than the strange clash of bulky plates and short skirts found on many Nifl outfits.

@Fire Emblem Fan oh, I always assumed Ike had won the first CYL. I wasn't aware of the voting when I started playing, so I never really knew the overall scores. Ike being given for "free" and having the first Resplendant Brave alt made me even more certain he had won it lol. 

Good to know and that kinda debunks my "theory" then.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't see the issue. It's better than the fairy trash, it's better than the typically garish color clash of Muspell, and it's better than the strange clash of bulky plates and short skirts found on many Nifl outfits.

I'd disagree, personally. The fairy outfits are definitely not a favorite, but I like the Muspell and Nifl outfits more than anything I've seen from Amazon Country so far.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

@Fire Emblem Fan oh, I always assumed Ike had won the first CYL. I wasn't aware of the voting when I started playing, so I never really knew the overall scores. Ike being given for "free" and having the first Resplendant Brave alt made me even more certain he had won it lol. 

Good to know and that kinda debunks my "theory" then.

Yeah, in Choose Your Legends 1 and 2, PoR and RD Ike had their votes counted separately. So did Shadow Dragon and New Mystery Marth, and every other character that was in Tellius and Marth-land games. People noticed in CYL 1, but it didn't matter so much then, because combining the votes wouldn't have changed the outcome. Lyn, Ike, Lucina, and Roy still would have been the winners. In CYL 2, though, people REALLY noticed, because if they had combined votes for the two versions of Marth, then Marth would have actually been one of the winners. So, when CYL 3 came along, IS started combining the votes.

38 minutes ago, Hilda said:

How about we finally get a Dagger or Stave resplendant unit? Like Elise or Saizo or Felicia. Mindblowing i know?!?

I've been hoping for Mist, Genny, Matthew, and Maria for a long time, but IS seems to be ignoring all the dagger and stave units.

41 minutes ago, Hilda said:

How about we finally get a Dagger or Stave resplendant unit? Like Elise or Saizo or Felicia. Mindblowing i know?!?

Nah, Dagger is a bit too ambitious. Forget about new skins for old ones, IS can't even be bothered to add any new dagger units these days.

I know I keep saying this, but Memelinus is still the latest dagger unit and that was seven months ago.

39 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Hel. Saizo.

Make. It. Happen.

Hel Jaffar will probably happen first, if only for the reason that Jaffar is literally the only pre-CYL2 5* locked non-seasonal dagger unit.

@Fire Emblem Fan I remember the whole Marth thing. At that point I was more active on the community (at least by lurking on the forums). I started to play on day 1, but I only got around to search more about the game and this stuff some months after (still before the CYL 1 banner). So I missed a lot of those early game discussions

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I kinda see Brave Lyn with Jötunheimr attire. Looking at Nótt's outfit, the design kinda looks like what Lyn wears, so I wouldn't complain about that choice.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't think you'll be getting another Brave Resplendent until the next anniversary. That's how I think they're doing it and should be doing it. One per year, likely to never reach CYL2.

Hmm... I don't know if we will get CYL Resplendents, once per year... I can see they doing it with only the 2 winners... like, one for the Anniversary, and the other during the six-months event (august).

I kinda expect someone like Brave Hector for next anniversary.

Hel. Saizo.

Make. It. Happen.

I would love that. Saizo wearing a Líf style mask.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've been hoping for Mist, Genny, Matthew, and Maria for a long time, but IS seems to be ignoring all the dagger and stave units.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Hel Jaffar will probably happen first, if only for the reason that Jaffar is literally the only pre-CYL2 5* locked non-seasonal dagger unit.

Getting any 4-star staff Resplendent is pretty unlikely. Staff units without exclusive weapons are nearly interchangeable and basically have no need for stats to function, which means the Resplendent would have to be carried entirely by the character's popularity.

Elise is the most likely staff unit to get a Resplendent release with the only thing really counting against her is the possibility that she could be made too good with the extra stats (though that certainly didn't stop Reinhardt or Brave Ike from getting a Resplendent outfit). As it is, she's currently already ahead of Veronica in combat performance by +1 Atk and +3 Spd with their refined weapons.

Among daggers, I can see Jaffar getting a Resplendent outfit both because he is literally the only 5-star candidate for one and because Nino recently got one.

Among 4-star daggers, I'm willing to bet on Kagero being the first to get one. Not only does she have an actually usable stat spread that can make use of the extra stats (being +1/+1 relative to Sothe after Resplendent bonuses), but it would take special effort to fail at making her art marketable. Also, a fully invested Resplendent Kagero (minus Summoner Support) hits 68 visible Atk, which is hilariously enough to activate her weapon's effect against a fully invested Fallen Edelgard (who has 67 visible Atk transformed).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Getting any 4-star staff Resplendent is pretty unlikely. Staff units without exclusive weapons are nearly interchangeable and basically have no need for stats to function, which means the Resplendent would have to be carried entirely by the character's popularity.

Elise is the most likely staff unit to get a Resplendent release with the only thing really counting against her is the possibility that she could be made too good with the extra stats (though that certainly didn't stop Reinhardt or Brave Ike from getting a Resplendent outfit). As it is, she's currently already ahead of Veronica in combat performance by +1 Atk and +3 Spd with their refined weapons.

Among daggers, I can see Jaffar getting a Resplendent outfit both because he is literally the only 5-star candidate for one and because Nino recently got one.

Among 4-star daggers, I'm willing to bet on Kagero being the first to get one. Not only does she have an actually usable stat spread that can make use of the extra stats (being +1/+1 relative to Sothe after Resplendent bonuses), but it would take special effort to fail at making her art marketable. Also, a fully invested Resplendent Kagero (minus Summoner Support) hits 68 visible Atk, which is hilariously enough to activate her weapon's effect against a fully invested Fallen Edelgard (who has 67 visible Atk transformed).

I'm sure they'll give refines to 4* healers eventually.

Soooo ... I was playing Arena Assault to get through the weekly 7 matches, and on the final map I encountered a team with FOUR FUCKING FALLEN EDELGARDS. Guess how that went.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Soooo ... I was playing Arena Assault to get through the weekly 7 matches, and on the final map I encountered a team with FOUR FUCKING FALLEN EDELGARDS. Guess how that went.

If you say it like that i guess you somehow win?!🤯

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I've already encountered Fallen Edelgard almost every dang match in Arena. She's a cancerous blight on the game that shouldn't be allowed in any mode.

32 minutes ago, nedya said:

If you say it like that i guess you somehow win?!🤯

Yeah, uh ... I got SUPER lucky here, but I basically used Surtr to chip damage all the Edelgards until I could finish them off without triggering their regeneration. He was able to tank two hits from one of them and not even die.

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've already encountered Fallen Edelgard almost every dang match in Arena. She's a cancerous blight on the game that shouldn't be allowed in any mode.

The state of the game would've been a lot better if she were just not allowed to show up as an enemy in any mode, tbh. People can still use her in whatever modes they want under their control, but she's just really unfun to fight against, and we don't have enough beast counters. And that 40% first damage reduction.

What kind of asshole puts 4 fallen Edelgards as an arena defense team anyway?

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

That happened with me too once, of encountering 4 Fallen Edelgards. Gladly, I had Young Merric available, and with some supports... He killed every single one of them.

The fact that Gamepress decided this article was even necessary to make spells how much nobody likes Hegemon.

Personally, though I've not had to deal with 4 Hegemons, I've had to slot in Kinshi Hinoka to my Arena team because she's literally the only unit I own (sans Faye and post coma barracks anyway) that has a Firesweep Bow to enable double Poison Strike. I'm now also looking at a FS Bow Cav since I actually have a Saul to feed to one (Leonie is looking pretty good right now...)

But man... honestly, all Fallen units have always been a pain in the ass to deal with for their release times... if there were a way to label them internally to prevent them from being put on Arena Defense or AR-D teams, maybe it'd be a little less painful to actually play in Arena these days.

I haven't had to deal with 4x Edelgard yet, but I did face 2x in AR today. Brought in my Dedue+Henriette+Flayn Save team for the first time, and man, I can't believe I took this long. Henriette shrugged off Lif and Bramimond and annihilated them, while Dedue muscled his way through the Edelgards. Wild.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

The fact that Gamepress decided this article was even necessary to make spells how much nobody likes Hegemon.

Or just how much people aren't aware of the game's easily accessible cheese tactics.

Literally all you really need to know is

• Pulse Smoke on an enemy-phase unit shuts down her Special entirely if you have it.
  • Effective damage plus a guaranteed follow-up plus high enough attack is the easiest way to one-round kill her on enemy phase.
  • Effective damage plus Sweep is the easiest way to kill her on player phase.
  • Null Follow-Up plus Sweep also works.
  • Fatal Smoke can get rid of her pesky healing if you have it and can't one-round her.
  • Boey.

Also, they mention Edelgard running Ruptured Sky for scoring.

Despite the fact that there is, in fact, no incentive at all to optimize defense scoring.

Despite the fact that beasts can't learn Ruptured Sky in the first place.