Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

As for FEH ending... I think it's possible they just wanted to tie up loose ends so they wouldn't have to address them in the main story? The thought of the game shutting down makes me sad, considering it's by far my favorite mobile game (despite everything) and as XRay says, I don't see IS giving us an offline version so we can keep our Heroes. But again, now that you bring it up...

On the optimistic side, there's more to Norse Myth than just Ragnarok, right? And as has been mentioned in the past, Askr could always get invaded by Greek or Roman Gods in the future too~

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Oof... If it is the end of the game, I am not sure if they should announce it officially anytime soon, as that would probably slam the brakes on a lot people's spending. I think I will still continue my Feh Pass and buy any special Orb packs, but I probably would stop buying regular Orb packs.

If they do plan to end the game, I really hope they can give us an offline mode so we can still continue playing by ourselves, although I highly doubt they would be that generous.

To clarify, I think that they'll finish book 6 before ending the game, so we have at least a year and a half left, I think. But I do believe that they're winding up to it. My thoughts are that they want to get loose ends out of the way with these special TT+'s (Fjorm's illness, what's going on with Leavateinn, Bruno's mission to end his bloodline curse, etc.) focusing on the four dragons (Askr, Nifl, Muspell, and Embla) while the main story focuses on the Alfador plotline (which includes Thorr's growing band of challengers, Lif being disgusted with the deities, and perhaps Eir finding out who her real parents are. She very well could be Alfador's daughter, and wind up taking over after him) which will end up with Ragnarok (the overthrowing of Alfador. Basically, FE's general plotline of "overthrow the deity so humans can start a new era governing themselves...or Eir.") Post-Ragnarok will probably just be credits, and if we're lucky, an epilogue.

Of course, these are just my guesses based on IS' choice to suddenly drop the four dragons and finishing up Fjorm's illness plotline, as well as the recent name drops of Alfador and such in the main story, but that seems to me to be the direction they're going in.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

47 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

[snip]

That's fair. I think it's also possible that this is just a response to the complaints that no earlier plot points have come up in future books. I still think the Embla Curse will likely be kept to the main story (if only because it concerns the Askrians more closely than the others), but everything else being resolved through these parallel stories seems likely.

Actually, having written that, unless Alfador himself fixes the Embla Curse, leaving it for Book 6 (or maybe 7, depending on when we meet him) would probably leave 7 pretty crowded...

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's fair. I think it's also possible that this is just a response to the complaints that no earlier plot points have come up in future books. I still think the Embla Curse will likely be kept to the main story (if only because it concerns the Askrians more closely than the others), but everything else being resolved through these parallel stories seems likely.

Actually, having written that, unless Alfador himself fixes the Embla Curse, leaving it for Book 6 (or maybe 7, depending on when we meet him) would probably leave 7 pretty crowded...

They could also have a book only for finishing Askr vs Embla storyline, with Bruno finding how to break the curse and the end of Veronica's desire to attack Askr. That could come after we deal with Alfador

So do we know they're "shutting the game down" ending or is it just ending the actual story? 

Because I really hope they're not shutting it down. 

I've already had to deal with one game studio that shuts down mobile games I like for no reason (Gameloft, who then release a new free2play and pay2win game in the same genre.) and this sort of "Only active for 5-ish years" approach to mobile games is exactly why I don't like paying for microtransactions. (I put a decent chunk of change into TF2 since Valve have no intention of actually shutting the game down and infact recently it broke it's record for most players of all time despite being old.)

Edited by Samz707

42 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

So do we know they're "shutting the game down" ending or is it just ending the actual story? 

Because I really hope they're not shutting it down. 

The shutting down talk is just all speculation but no substance. Personally, I don't see any reason to believe that this game is ending anytime soon (even if its story is actually wrapping up).

I'll only start entertaining that thought if we start hearing that the game is declining drastically financially (or at worst, is outright losing money for IS and Nintendo).

We'll be hearing about the next Resplendent after Merric soon, any guesses? I'm thinking dark fairy and Nifl are the next two themes in line for outfits, and I feel like they won't pull another Merric-level surprise right away. Dark fairy Elise, maybe?

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The shutting down talk is just all speculation but no substance. Personally, I don't see any reason to believe that this game is ending anytime soon (even if its story is actually wrapping up).

I'll only start entertaining that thought if we start hearing that the game is declining drastically financially (or at worst, is outright losing money for IS and Nintendo).

Agreed. It's entirely conjecture about what Nifl showing up might imply.

Of the series main characters released in Book 1, the only ones missing Resplendent versions are Sigurd, Seliph, Ephraim, both Corrins, and Ryoma. I don't expect them to do two 4-star characters in a row, so Seliph and both Corrins are out.

The current distribution of outfits (including Merric) is

• 6 Askr
  • 5 Embla
  • 6 Nifl
  • 6 Muspell
  • 4 Hel
  • 4 Ljosalfheimr
  • 2 Dokkalfheimr
  • 2 Nidavellir

Dokkalfheimr is the most behind, so it's the most likely, but Embla is also slightly behind, so it's also at least a possibility.

Based on my own personal preferences, I'm going to guess one of Dokkalfr Ninian, Embla Ephraim, or Dokkalfr Elise. Though I really wouldn't mind a Dokkalfr Ephraim to match Eirika.

Right. Forgot the Jotuns exist.

The looks-like-a-cheerleader-pleated-skirt-but-isn't-actually-pleated is a bit weird, but okay, sure. Can't really say I'm terribly fond of the orange, though. I like the color itself, but it really clashes with the more subdued yellow of her hair. I also feel like her hair is a bit too long on her attacking art. And gives off Mordred vibes.

The metal parts look really nice, though.

Her stats are going to be sweet. 183 stat total puts her only a single point behind current melee armors, and 36/36 offenses is solid for an armor, especially since she gets another 5 Spd from her weapon.

Her overall stat spread hits 49/52/41/42/25 with her weapon.

For comparison, Winter Sothis, who is the gold standard for stat stacking on fast armors, has 44/56/49/35/40 with her weapon.

Oh, and she's a free copy of Armor March. That's always nice.

Effie would’ve suited this theme a bit better, but sure this works too. I do appreciate that this artist kept the chains that the original art had.

But man, they really are going to keep putting Ephraim off huh? 

Ack... Amelia is the unit I have easily gotten the most as a 4* Special summon, and this just gives me yet another Amelia... not that I don't mind having that little extra boost for Amelia though.

As for the art... I'll be frank, I didn't even realize that was Amelia at first.

19 hours ago, Rinco said:

They could also have a book only for finishing Askr vs Embla storyline, with Bruno finding how to break the curse and the end of Veronica's desire to attack Askr. That could come after we deal with Alfador

That's what I'm thinking too: a "back to basics" story after dealing with the big bad, which could then be used to set the stage for a new series of stories if IS wants it (which I'm sure they will: FEH prints money for them and Nintendo, right)?

Also, Amelia looks great! Not a fan of the midriff, but otherwise I love the colors and the cape and especially the attack arts. She's come a long way, hasn't she?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

That's what I'm thinking too: a "back to basics" story after dealing with the big bad, which could then be used to set the stage for a new series of stories if IS wants it (which I'm sure they will: FEH prints money for them and Nintendo, right)?

Also, Amelia looks great! Not a fan of the midriff, but otherwise I love the colors and the cape and especially the attack arts. She's come a long way, hasn't she?

Yeah, they could keep coming up with new stories as long as they want. Once they wrap up the Norse mythology and its nine realms, they could come up with a new, unconnected OC world based on an entirely different mythology.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

I doubt they'd get rid of the Askr Trio, but I think you're right about the other stuff.

Yeah, I don't mean leaving behind any existing characters - travel between worlds is the whole premise of Heroes! I just mean as a narrative explanation for them traveling to other original settings, beyond the nine Norse ones.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I don't mean leaving behind any existing characters - travel between worlds is the whole premise of Heroes! I just mean as a narrative explanation for them traveling to other original settings, beyond the nine Norse ones.

Hm... personally, while I think crossovers within FEH to other franchises would be completely farfetched, I wouldn't mind them giving... a visit to a place called New Alberia?

So, Resplendent Amelia. I'm happy to see her and I'm happy to get free Armor March, and the art isn't bad, but I'm not sure it really fits Amelia. The midriff is the main reason why, I think. It just seems un-Amelia. But, again, the art isn't really bad.

I've decided to cancel my subscription of FEH Pass for now and Amelia is not a unit that catches my eye, so I'll stick with the plan. 
I'm not saying I won't come back to the FEH Pass, but it will need a unit that I really feel like I need or someone I actively use and would want the bonus stats.

That said, cool art on Amelia. Jotun seems like it could be a cool theme for some heroes.

Edited by Rinco

Seeing the financials that FEH pulls in for Nintendo ... i think it's safe easily for another 2-3 years.  The chart where FEH's compared to Nintendo's other gacha/mobile games is ... impressive, and that isn't even touching the boost it'll give the next FE title(s).

In other topics ... somebody on Reddit gave the galaxy brain'd idea of Flow Refresh (B skill) on Petrine - half a mystic-boost, and neutralizes evilgard's null-follow up so she can double and player phase evilgard? hell yes.  Given Petrine's my second favorite ... pulling Duo Caeda rn for this idea.

8 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Seeing the financials that FEH pulls in for Nintendo ... i think it's safe easily for another 2-3 years.  The chart where FEH's compared to Nintendo's other gacha/mobile games is ... impressive, and that isn't even touching the boost it'll give the next FE title(s).

In other topics ... somebody on Reddit gave the galaxy brain'd idea of Flow Refresh (B skill) on Petrine - half a mystic-boost, and neutralizes evilgard's null-follow up so she can double and player phase evilgard? hell yes.  Given Petrine's my second favorite ... pulling Duo Caeda rn for this idea.

Hmm. What about Edelgard's special? Would you use a Guard effect, too?

20 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, Resplendent Amelia. I'm happy to see her and I'm happy to get free Armor March, and the art isn't bad, but I'm not sure it really fits Amelia. The midriff is the main reason why, I think. It just seems un-Amelia. But, again, the art isn't really bad.

I agree that it's out of character for her to wear something like that, but I think it's also because of how young she looks.  Why didn't they pick Titania for this instead if they had to pick a woman (even though it would also be out of character for her)?

Edited by FailWood

September Revival Poll Results

1. Reginn & More: 39.1% [JP] / 36.3% [EN]
  2. Despair and Hope: 29% [JP] / 27.7% [EN]
  3. Mirabilis & More: 16.9% [JP] / 25.4% [EN]
  4. Shared Purpose: 15% [JP] / 10.6% [EN]

As expected, Thracia got thrashed on the English side and as a result is a one and done. Enduring Legacy (FE4) and the inevitable winner Seeds of Fodlan will be up next.

Also, is anyone else getting tired of seeing Mirabilis & More survive? Outside of the sparkable Mythic, it’s honestly a pretty mediocre banner.