Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The artist for Resplendent Raven is Niji Hayashi, who has previously done Ballroom Eldigan, Resplendent Elincia and Summer Hilda & Marianne. So, another job well done by them.

Meanwhile, Fates is still starving for its next Resplendent. They've been so generous with 3*-4* Resplendents lately, yet still don't want to touch Camilla (a CYL winner) or F!Corrin (11th in CYL5). This is honestly getting kinda ridiculous.

Or, they're saving them for their potential for long-tail sales. (This will probably be less of a concern with the new loyalty program).

Guess you'll just have to be satisfied with Fates being completely over-represented in this game.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

54 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Guess you'll just have to be satisfied with Fates being completely over-represented in this game.

Why yes thank you, I do indeed enjoy not using my Summer Leo or any of my other old Fates seasonals because of how hopelessly outclassed they are.

All I want (as a regular FEH Pass subscriber, mind you) is for each game to get a fair share, and Fates has yet to get one Resplendent this year while several games have gotten multiple Resplendents. That shouldn’t be too much to ask for.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Why yes thank you, I do indeed enjoy not using my Summer Leo or any of my other old Fates seasonals because of how hopelessly outclassed they are.

All I want (as a regular FEH Pass subscriber, mind you) is for each game to get a fair share, and Fates has yet to get one Resplendent this year while several games have gotten multiple Resplendents. That shouldn’t be too much to ask for.

This surprises me how Camilla or Xander don't have a Respledant form yet.

Especially how fast Lyn got hers and Lucina didn't wait that long (even if Lucina's is really bad) You would think Camilla would be one of the first considering the three ladies were basically alt magnets at some point.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That sentiment is how I feel about literally anyone who doesn't counter Fallen Edelgard. My whole roster feels outclassed and out of date.

No, I suppose it isn't too much to ask for. But you still have almost half a year to go.

Takumi and Azura are the only Fates royals to have Resplendent alts at all. Can't recall if they're the only Fates characters to have alts in general, but I don't feel like looking it up.

Also, I cannot be the only person on SF who has an issue with the loyalty perks for the FEH pass thing. Especially when we still get crappy universal crystals as a log-in bonus. Would it be asking too much for them to update their log-in bonuses a bit and replace the crystals with 5 trait fruits or something actually useful?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Takumi and Azura are the only Fates royals to have Resplendent alts at all. Can't recall if they're the only Fates characters to have alts in general, but I don't feel like looking it up.

Also, I cannot be the only person on SF who has an issue with the loyalty perks for the FEH pass thing. Especially when we still get crappy universal crystals as a log-in bonus. Would it be asking too much for them to update their log-in bonuses a bit and replace the crystals with 5 trait fruits or something actually useful?

Niles also has a Resplendent. 

Out of curiosity ran the numbers to see if Fates really was so over represented still (answer: yeah), here are the findings in percentages.

-Heroes OC’s: 8%
-Archenea: 10%
-Valentia: 7%
-Geneology: 5.5%
-Thracia: 3%
-Binding Blade: 7%
-Blazing Sword: 9%
-Sacred Stones: 7%
-Tellius: 9%
-Awakening: 10%
-Fates: 15.5%
-3 Houses: 8%
-TMS: 1%

Rounded them all but Geneology and Fates were so smack dab in the middle seemed wrong to go either way. Honestly more even overall than I thought.

Trait Fruits and Dragonflowers added to the login bonus from the loyalty perks is really nice. Is it clear from the English announcement how often the login bonuses are distributed (i.e. if that's every day or if that's spread across a half-month term)?

Extra summoner support slots just means I get to make Fallen Edelgard even more busted. Dunno who I'll give the second slot to, though.

Current Resplendent numbers, in case anyone was wondering:

Rarity:

• 5-star units: 22
  • 4-star units: 15

Game:

• Akaneia: 6 (Marth, Caeda, Linde, Minerva, Merric, Tiki)
  • Echoes: 3 (Alm, Celica, Delthea)
  • Genealogy of the Holy War: 2 (Eldigan, Julia)
  • Thracia 776: 3 (Leaf, Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Binding Blade: 3 (Roy, Lilina, Sophia)
  • Blazing Sword: 5 (Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Nino, Raven)
  • The Sacred Stones: 3 (Eirika, Tana, Amelia)
  • Path of Radiance: 3 (Ike, Brave Ike, Elincia)
  • Radiant Dawn: 2 (Micaiah, Sanaki)
  • Awakening: 4 (Chrom, male Robin, Cordelia, Lucina)
  • Fates: 3 (Azura, Takumi, Niles)

Given that only Akaneia, Elibe, Awakening, and Fates were represented at launch, I'd say Fates is currently rather underrepresented in the Resplendent pool.

Also worth noting is that the only lords that are missing are Sigurd, Seliph, Ephraim, and both Corrins. Female Robin is also missing, but is a Grail unit. Other missing major characters include Ninian, Sothe, Ryoma, and Xander (who is also a Grail unit).

43 minutes ago, Nym said:

This surprises me how Camilla or Xander don't have a Respledant form yet.

Xander won't get one until they decide that Grail units are actually eligible.

Camilla has the disadvantage of being a 4-star unit, which has more competition for slots and fewer slots (currently, there are only 2 4-star units for every 3 5-star units given Resplendent outfits).

43 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That sentiment is how I feel about literally anyone who doesn't counter Fallen Edelgard. My whole roster feels outclassed and out of date.

Not every unit needs to be able to counter the best general-use unit in the game, and there are plenty of incredibly powerful units that can't do squat against her because it's not their job to do so.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Extra summoner support slots just means I get to make Fallen Edelgard even more busted. Dunno who I'll give the second slot to, though.

Not every unit needs to be able to counter the best general-use unit in the game, and there are plenty of incredibly powerful units that can't do squat against her because it's not their job to do so.

This right here is why you don't get to tell me what you just told me. You're part of the problem.

It's always the baluga whales that tell the rest of us what we should do about her and what we should accept.

Fallen Edelgard is still a mistake and has no excuse to be as stupidly busted as she is. But there are definitely creative ways to get rid of her. Anyone with a firesweep weapon and enough attack to crack her defenses. People with null follow-up and/or windsweep. Heck, I use Surtr as an Edelgard counter. Stick someone with Armor March next to him, and Fallen Edelgard chases him all around the map while taking damage until anyone who does damage can kill her. Brave Eliwood generally does well, as long as he's at full health or someone has already taken away her damage reduction.

Like, she's still a massive "why does this unit exist", but she's not an auto-win for the enemy just by existing either.

38 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This right here is why you don't get to tell me what you just told me. You're part of the problem.

It's always the baluga whales that tell the rest of us what we should do about her and what we should accept.

You being salty doesn't make you or me any more or less right.

Perhaps the reason the whales are telling you what you can do is because we are invested in the game and understand the strategies you can use to get around tough units. Edelgard may be busted to hell and back, but she's not anywhere near infallible.

I and other users here have gone over hard and soft counters to Edelgard plenty of times, including F2P-friendly options. It's not our problem if you refuse to listen, but you can't complain about the lack of counters if you choose to ignore their existence.

55 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fallen Edelgard is still a mistake and has no excuse to be as stupidly busted as she is. But there are definitely creative ways to get rid of her. Anyone with a firesweep weapon and enough attack to crack her defenses. People with null follow-up and/or windsweep. Heck, I use Surtr as an Edelgard counter. Stick someone with Armor March next to him, and Fallen Edelgard chases him all around the map while taking damage until anyone who does damage can kill her. Brave Eliwood generally does well, as long as he's at full health or someone has already taken away her damage reduction.

Like, she's still a massive "why does this unit exist", but she's not an auto-win for the enemy just by existing either.

Pretty much.

Ishtar is an example. Just give her Windsweep for the B slot and Flashing Blade seal, so she can pass over the Guard effect and trigger moonbow in the 2nd hit.

Another idea is a high def armor killer, and give them Vantage. So you can bait Edelgard, she will probably put your unit in vantage on the first acton, and then when she triggers her 2nd action, you can kill her with vantage before she Bonfire your unit out of existence.

It's also another good idea using a dazzling staff unit to remove the damage reduction from Armored Wall before using your strong unit against her.

One thing that it's funny that I did this month was giving a Shining Bow+ and double Poison Strike to Legenady Lyn. That kinda works against Edelgard. Because of her Remix, she can initiate against Edelgard and not get countered. lol

Most of these ideas work better in Arena Assault than others modes, since you can plan your teams better. But Arena players and AR players should already have counters built of these types of foes.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There are plenty of affordable ways to fight her. The issue is not cost. The issue is players refusing to adapt and use what is cheap and available.

Firesweep S/Firesweep L with double Poison Strike would be stuff that most players should have on hand, and it does not even cost Grails. If spending Grails is not a concern, then players can run Flashing Blade and Windsweep to compliment armor effective Weapons and Moonbow.

If players are going to be spending a bit of Orbs, and they will need to anyways once they starting building Aether Raids super tanks and Arena teams, a ton of options open up. Pulse Smoke on a super tank practically shuts down most of her damage output. For Arena, if you are just playing semi competitively, then Firesweep archers will shut down practically almost any problematic unit that you will see. And for players who paid attention to the summoning videos and got the resources to guarantee summon, Intelligent Systems even offered Dimitri: Savage Boar on the same Focus as a pretty clear counter to Edelgard: Hegemon Husk.

The loyalty bonus does not affect me whatsoever. It does not at all incentivise me to remain subbed to Feh Pass when the only reason I remain is for the Resplendents.
I'm resubbing for Amelia/Raven/whoever of course, but they'd have to make the resplendent after that third unit someone good before I consider remaining.

So... Next time Fjorm and Ike will be available in a summoning event will be in 10 months... That's quite a gap. I guess they want to keep one Legendary per color in these banners, even though Lyn and Hector shared color in February's remix.

Grima, however, will be in Remixes every 2 months at least until Eir and Duma decide to join her in the remix colorless pool.

The next remix is Ephraim & Hector, in September. They are the last 2 that were officially removed from Legendary/Mythic banners earlier this year. But we have an idea of what is coming after that.

November should be Marth & Tiki in the spotlight. January we have Lucina & Eirika. In March will be Hríd & Azura chance to improve their skills. And I am predicting Eir & Yune in May.

Now on a different topic: Feh Channel.

The Six-Months Anniversary is coming, and we should have a Feh Channel on August 1st, as we always do. It will have those annual events like log-in bonuses, 2-days GHB reruns and daily banners. Maybe even a Hero Fest. They will probably announce the Special Heroes there, and give us some info about the 2nd part of the Ice & Flame TT. CYL 5 info is also possible (CYL 3 heroes were announced on Aug 1st 2019 Channel instead of a Channel later that month), but that could take the spotlight of the Special banner, so they may save that for another Channel in the middle of the month. Another thing I would like is the removal of the remaining Book 2 units from the normal pool: Heroes released between the "Doorway to Destiny" and 'Fire and Ice" banners. They could remove some of the early Book 3 banners there, but I don't expect that.

Thanks to Fjorm's A skill notification, we know the update is on August 3rd, so... That will be an interesting month .

Crossing my fingers for a mass demotion in the next FEH channel so types like Hubert will be in the 4-star pool ... so i can finally +10 him without wasting all my orbs.

I'm sympathetic to the meta cancer that f!Edelgard is, but also, like, yeah, there's ways around her.  If I can get my Valter to 1v1 her as the 'decked out favorite' option, but also have windsweep Selena and/or Ashera as the easy delete button option, people more creative than me can find 2-3 options that works with their team.  Cancers will always exist (eg, Sutur, the Rein, etc.).

Datamining has already shown that [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

we are getting a GHB Party starting on August 2nd (Veld is leading off, followed by Dithorba on the 4th). 

As such, the FEH Channel indeed has to be by August 1st at the latest.

The discussion around F!Edelgard reminds me a little of when I used to be active in the Smash Bros. Brawl community way way back in the day haha. In that game, Meta Knight was the undisputed best character, with such an insane arsenal of tools and such few real weaknesses that especially as the meta developed, it was increasingly pointless or absurdly not worth it to try to challenge MK players with any but a small handful of characters from the roster (or just play MK yourself, which was a lot of people's solution). One of the arguments I remember from the years of debate around whether or not to ban MK from competition (which obviously has no relevance for FEH, ik) was that, even though Meta Knight was not unbeatable, he was such a dominant force that the meta was developing entirely around him, rather than MK simply being an (exceptionally potent) aspect of the game. 

Which is kind of what the main gripe for me is with Fallen Edelgard. There are definitive and accessible ways to combat her, but she seems to demand a very particular awareness or set of precautionary measures that no other unit seems to have quite had to the same degree, at least as long as I’ve played FEH (which goes back I think to the summer leading up to CYL3). You can have a very strong team assembled of units who might even be some of the other prominent units in FEH’s metagame, but if Edel shows up and you are lacking some specific tools for that battle, it feels hopeless and stupid. 

14 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

You can have a very strong team assembled of units who might even be some of the other prominent units in FEH’s metagame, but if Edel shows up and you are lacking some specific tools for that battle, it feels hopeless and stupid. 

For Aether Raids and Arena Assault, the point is not to have "a" strong team; the point is to have a wide selection of units and teams to tackle various defense teams.

For Arena Assault Teams 2 to 7, stuff like Edelgard: Hegemon Husk should not even be an issue, since players can literally pick individual counters to each individual foe on the enemy team, and can preview their team composition, skills, and starting formation on the map. Team 1 generally is not an issue either since it is not really difficult to fish for an easy team to beat.

In Aether Raids, stuff like Edelgard: Hegemon Husk can be a bit harder to deal with since you cannot pick individual counters and there is also a time limit. However, players can certainly still counter pick defense teams by identifying the type of strategy the defense team is using, and then pick an offense team that uses a strategy that can counter it. For example, if you see a bunch of Edelgard: Hegemon Husk and armor units barricading themselves into the a corner to stall out the battle, you are going to bring an anti-stall team with nukes that specializes in busting tanks.

— — — — — — —

For Arena, unless the player is aiming for Tier 20.5+, players should invest in a Firesweep archer since they can shut down almost any problematic enemy. Firesweep archers soft counters practically everything, so the rest of the team can be anything you want.

Ranged cavalry teams of 2017 Arena were truly asinine and far more oppressive than Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. Back then, there were very few options available and I think dragons were the only cheap option, and even they were not foolproof since bulk was a lot lower and dragons can occasionally still be killed by a well positioned cavalry Blade mage. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk's minor annoyance today is nothing compared to the mass hopelessness ranged cavalry teams engendered back then.

For me at least, I knew Hegemon would be an opressive force, and certainly nigh impossible to kill under unprepared circumstances. But not literally unkillable. It was mildly frustrating for me to be told to just Firesweep Archer her, since Faye was so close to +10 for so long and that's where all my FSBows went, but... a single person would need, at most, 3 counters to Hegemon in a single AA streak. I'd be embarassed to not have even that many by the time Hegemon was released.

Flash+ or Candlelight+ are absolutely perfect as well. Hegemon is left completely open to attack from all sources, and even she can't survive 3 strikes from an armor-effective attacker, even if they don't get to follow-up. The greatest thing about this is that a direct hit from the Flash user will remove her original 40% damage barrier. Flash and Candlelight aren't common staves to be fair... maybe if Mikoto ever gets put into the 4* special pool.

Also, if you don't want to make even one counter to Hegemon, then just don't play any of the heavy-investment PvP modes. Just settle for the minimum-investment rewards and be on your way, there's at least one for every PvP mode. You'll save yourself from many headaches that way.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

There are definitive and accessible ways to combat her, but she seems to demand a very particular awareness or set of precautionary measures that no other unit seems to have quite had to the same degree, at least as long as I’ve played FEH (which goes back I think to the summer leading up to CYL3).

It sounds like you missed the heyday of Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, both of whom were oppressive for a pretty long time.

After the release of Skill Inheritance and therefore his access to Death Blow, Reinhardt could threaten a huge area of the map with a one-round kill due to his relatively high Atk, Brave weapon, cavalry mobility, ranged attack, and targeting of the usually lower Res stat. The release of Quickened Pulse made him even more powerful by giving him a nearly guaranteed Moonbow on his second hit. Brave Lyn had the same mobility and reach as Reinhardt, but her Sacae's Blessing shut down Distant Counter units other than dragons, making it difficult to bait her out.

Most players were forced to run a Triangle Adept Gronnraven unit to deal with them in the Arena. While it was certainly easier to come to that solution back in the day before we had so many skills and skill effects to navigate, the situation with Fallen Edelgard is still very much similar. However, one notable difference is the fact that modern units are significantly more adaptable, and even if they are built to fight a specific threat, they remain viable against many other threats and typically don't become dead weight quite as easily. (For example, Firesweep and Null Follow-Up + Windsweep can shut down the majority of the roster, and armor-effective weapons are useful in the high Arena in general because of the large proportion of armored opponents.)

There isnt plenty counters to FEdelgard. There are a selecr very few counters not F2P that dont require any inheritable skills.

The rest of the cast needs alot of inheritable skills, high merges and Dragonflowers. Thats not balance thats bullshit.

And compareing it to Reinhradt/Lyn is stupid. All you needed to cover both was a green Raventome nuke with Triangle adept. That was easy to come by. all very prominent in the f2p pool

FEdelgard requires you built very high investment unit or pull for premium counters/skills

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

There isnt plenty counters to FEdelgard. There are a selecr very few counters not F2P that dont require any inheritable skills.

The rest of the cast needs alot of inheritable skills, high merges and Dragonflowers. Thats not balance thats bullshit.

And compareing it to Reinhradt/Lyn is stupid. All you needed to cover both was a green Raventome nuke with Triangle adept. That was easy to come by. all very prominent in the f2p pool

FEdelgard requires you built very high investment unit or pull for premium counters/skills

Spoiler

Boey is not high investment. Boey is literally a 4* unit we've had nearly since the beginning of the games life to summon an abundance of. Boey does not require "premium skills", he literally just needs TA3, QR2, and the Steady Stance 3 SS, two very easy to get skills (Roy and any 4* unit with Quick Riposte) and a very basic SS, anything else just makes his job easier. Hell, he doesn't even need a special, cause chances are he's not gonna get to charge it anyway. His refine is right there, and he technically doesn't need merges/dragonflowers, but they sure as hell do make his job easier than it would be without them.
Also, Boey was a green Raventome. Maybe not a nuke, but he could certainly act as a useful wall all the same. So if you did play back then, congrats you probably ALREADY have Boey partially built, given the limited number of green tomes who could wall Rein/BLyn at the time.

---

Firesweep Bow is barely Premium. It's locked to Faye yes, but she's a 4* special summon who also appears on weekly revivals, so it's not like it's hard to get her.
Poison Strike is not premium. It's on Saizo. Neither is its Sacred Seal counterpart.
As with Boey, any other "premium" skills just make the job easier, and again don't even technically need a Special.

On top of that, it doesn't even technically need to be a Firesweep Bow, FSsword and FSlance work just as well, if riskier due to being closer to Hegemon's range of attack.

From there? Just chuck an armor-effective unit at the problem. Hana, Bartre, Oboro, literally anyone with an Armor-slaying weapon. It's hardly "high investment" when these weapons have been around forever.

As I've said, you shouldn't need more than 3 counters to Hegemon at a given time. There "being plenty of counters" is not the same as "having plenty of counters." Hegemon is only as big a problem as you make it out to be, and acting like building a couple units is a huge deal does you absolutely no good.

And honestly? If you really think Hegemon is a huge deal and you refuse to change your stance, just stop playing FEH.