Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Othin Ah, right. It's only half of Null Follow-Up. But yeah, regardless, daggers don't really have many options for that.

It also only applies that half of NFU on player phase, for the record. 

What are the good bows for Save tanks?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

It also only applies that half of NFU on player phase, for the record. 

What are the good bows for Save tanks?

Spendthrift Bow is pretty easily the best bow for a Save tank, as it's effectively +7/0/7/7, and the Special penalty isn't much of an issue because you're expecting to land your Bonfire or Iceberg on your follow-up even if you start at maximum cooldown.

The other options are Courtly Bow (+5/0/5/0 with 50% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack if they can double) and Guard Bow (+0/0/6/6 with no other effect), but the gap between them and the Spendthrift Bow is pretty wide (and is why daggers aren't great for Save tanking right now because the best they have is the Courtly Mask).

Tomes obviously have the new Blooms weapons, which are +5/0/5/5 and restore 4 HP on every attack, which is a bit better than the Spendthrift Bow if you aren't up against Fatal Smoke and a bit worse than the Spendthrift Bow if you are.

It's also worth noting that in-combat penalties on the opponent are typically better than in-combat bonuses to yourself due to being more effective when at weapon triangle disadvantage, which is another point for why Spendthrift Bow and the Blooms are good and are better defensively than Guard Bow and Litrserpent.

Edited by Ice Dragon

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The other options are Courtly Bow (+5/0/5/0 with 50% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack if they can double) and Guard Bow (+0/0/6/6 with no other effect), but the gap between them and the Spendthrift Bow is pretty wide (and is why daggers aren't great for Save tanking right now because the best they have is the Courtly Mask).

I think first time only damage reduction has the potential to be much better than a flat Def/Res+7 on two hits though. The amount of damage prevented scales better with higher damage output, and would outpace the damage prevented from Spendthrift if the damage reduced on the first hit is more than 14.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Rinco I wouldn't be surprised if in the next version update they change that, so the Safety Fence will not trigger if you defeat a foe (or maybe even if you start combat) on turn 1.

I hope so. The idea behind the Fence is nice, but being able to attack and then watch the defense team just end turn is bullshit. 
It should be like PVE maps when it is active (turn 1, so far): Out of range or on the safety area, end turn. If you aggro, then the defense team can act freely.

It makes 0 sense as it is now. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Rinco I wouldn't be surprised if in the next version update they change that, so the Safety Fence will not trigger if you defeat a foe (or maybe even if you start combat) on turn 1.

It's part of the point of it, and in particular part of the point of its (unreleased) upgraded versions lasting for more turns.

Some day, in some alternate dimension, IS will release a Valmese-themed banner with Walhart's soldiers/commanders as the units and a follow-up special with Walhart himself as the star, maybe on a samurai's banner, may be a butler's one, although i wouldn't mind a dancing or groom walhart either.

In said dimension, they may also may be try thematic-skills, like "deals +10 damage if the number of pirate units within 4 spaces is greater than the number of enemy units" (pirates do gang up on their targets, right?) on yet another of their many alternate game modes, to avoid a revolt.

just one of my many random thoughts.

Muspell Sonya is the next Resplendent. It brings her offenses up to 35/33, or 38/36 after Dragonflowers. Not amazing, considering Delthea had 36/34 before getting a Resplendent outfit, but it's better than before. It's a pity her weapon is one of the oldest refines and is now rather dated, though a Ruptured Sky from her should still hit decently hard and actually get pretty close to Byleth, at least for a single hit.

The art is pretty good. She actually has a real waist now.

Hm... Muspell Sonya is giving me some Witch vibes... wonder why...

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000153_01.png?time=1627440399041https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000153_02.png?time=1627440399041https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000153_03.png?time=1627440399041https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000153_04.png?time=1627440399041

Def a good Resplendent outfit. Sonya herself does still get used by people (and why not, she can charge a Blazing special immediately if partnered right), so not feeling particularly "wasted" like a few other Resplendents...

Wow, she’s amazing!

I’ve been F2P since launch, but now that I currently have a job, I’ve been considering for a while to pay 1 month of FEH Pass, just to get some resplandents that I want. Just in case that I finally do it, when is the time when you get 3 resplandents with your suscription? 🤔

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Just in case that I finally do it, when is the time when you get 3 resplandents with your suscription?

Generally I wait about 5 to 7 days before subscribing. I think you could technically do it a bit sooner, but I'm moreso accounting for my own inability to remember that some of the quests require doing Arena (which I don't do daily)

Sonya is one I've been expecting for a while, she always seemed like the most likely candidate of the units without alts. Nice to see her finally get one.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’ve been F2P since launch, but now that I currently have a job, I’ve been considering for a while to pay 1 month of FEH Pass, just to get some resplandents that I want. Just in case that I finally do it, when is the time when you get 3 resplandents with your suscription? 🤔

You will get 3 Resplendents as long as you don't subscribe exactly on the day that a new term starts, which is the 10th and the 25th of each month. However, in order to make sure you have enough time to complete the quests for extra orbs and consumables, you typically want to subscribe around the middle of a term, so something like the 1-5th or 15-20th of the month.

Sonya is one of the very few early units I never summoned, the other being Leo, so I'm definitely happy I'll be getting her to fill that hole in my roster. Not a fan of her Resplendent artwork here, though. She's also our fourth green Resplendent in a row, which is...kinda funny? I wonder how long they'll keep the green streak going, considering there's still a couple noticeable greens still lacking a Resplendent. Namely, Soren and Camilla.

19 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She's also our fourth green Resplendent in a row, which is...kinda funny?

Meanwhile, there’s just two colorless Resplendents total (Takumi, Niles) and zero dagger or staff Resplendents.

While I’m fine with Resplendent Sonya, the above fact is just a bit ridiculous.

At present, FE4 and FE10 are tied for the lowest Resplendent count (2). FE5, FE6, FE8, FE9, and Fates are all tied for next lowest (3).

Edit: As of the additions of Raven and Sonya, the higher ones are FE2 and Awakening (4), FE7 (5), and FE3 (6). Heroes/3H/TMS are all at 0, and probably aren't getting any anytime soon.

Edited by Othin

4dpykxstdhg71.png?width=2042&format=png&
8j3wxyqvdhg71.png?width=911&format=png&a

"Units with and without resplendent attires + Top5 units without resplendent attires per game, sorted by CYL5 rank" Chart by u/RafaSceptile

We might get B!Lyn respledent announce on FeH together with CYL5

Edited by Naoshi

3 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

4dpykxstdhg71.png?width=2042&format=png&
8j3wxyqvdhg71.png?width=911&format=png&a

"Units with and without resplendent attires + Top5 units without resplendent attires per game, sorted by CYL5 rank" Chart by u/RafaSceptile

Neat find!

The pre-CYL1 units who ranked top 50 or better are Ephraim, Camilla, Corrin F, Seliph, Soren, Tharja, and Tiki A. So those look like especially strong candidates.

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, there’s just two colorless Resplendents total (Takumi, Niles) and zero dagger or staff Resplendents.

While I’m fine with Resplendent Sonya, the above fact is just a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, it's kind of aggravating, really. It's not like they don't have options. They still have Brave Lyn for bows, and for daggers and staves they have characters like Jaffar, Sothe, Mist, Kagero, Elise, Genny, Lissa, etc., all characters that are either popular enough within their own games or 5-star locked. They're just holding them back for some reason and I wish I knew why.

24 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm assuming we'll have the CYL Channel either tonight or tomorrow night (if they don't just have it on sunday night instead of the usual trailer). 
Any guesses?

The banner is on Tuesday. With that, we could have the Channel this Saturday night and the Banner trailer on Sunday night. I kinda expect what they did with the Pirates this year, with the Channel in one night, and the trailer in the following night and not both at the same night.

I would prefer the Channel to be tonight or tomorrow, though.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The banner is on Tuesday. With that, we could have the Channel this Saturday night and the Banner trailer on Sunday night. I kinda expect what they did with the Pirates this year, with the Channel in one night, and the trailer in the following night and not both at the same night.

I would prefer the Channel to be tonight or tomorrow, though.

It's not usual to have stuff on saturday night (as it is already sunday on Japan), right? That's why I was leaning more towards tonight or tomorrow night, but if they are doing that more often, then it's a possibility 

I wonder what more we will see in the Feh Channel, though.

Last year's CYL Channel had the CYL 4 units, the GHB, they introduced that piece of garbage new game mode known as Frontline Phalanx, and talked about September's Version Update, which had Dragonflowers increase and introduction of Trait Fruits.

I believe we will see the GHB in the channel. I am very curious about who it will be...  I don't expect a new mode being announced since we just got Heroes Journey in the last Channel. Maybe we get something like a sneak peek of Legendary Ephraim's and Legendary Hector's remixes?