Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Something I haven't seen mentioned here re: potentially leaked Legendary hero:

Spoiler

99% likely to be a colorless tome, adding to the idea that it's Legendary Micaiah. The leaker mentioned that they found the tome right in the middle of the colorless tome row (near Xane, the Summoner's own default weapon, etc.)

*also* builds a solid case since f!Edelgard and Ashera make colorless the loaded color for August's Legendary banner. This might be my one time in the year I go all-in on a Legendary/Mythic banner since I wouldn't mind any of those 3, especially getting merges on Ashera. :o

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

About the upgrades of CC and DC this Brave banner introduced, I think there's two ways IS could go with the other versions of them.

Option 1 would be all the DC variants having the Push effect of 5 dmg after combat and all the CC variants being just straight upgrades. CC is kinda harder to use due to most ranged units being less bulky than melee units, so that could be a reason for giving CC better upgrades.

Option 2 would be the offensive variants of both DC and CC (the ones giving Atk and Spd) having the Push effect and the defensive variants being straight upgrades with no drawback. 

What are your guesses?

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

About the upgrades of CC and DC this Brave banner introduced, I think there's two ways IS could go with the other versions of them.

Option 1 would be all the DC variants having the Push effect of 5 dmg after combat and all the CC variants being just straight upgrades. CC is kinda harder to use due to most ranged units being less bulky than melee units, so that could be a reason for giving CC better upgrades.

Option 2 would be the offensive variants of both DC and CC (the ones giving Atk and Spd) having the Push effect and the defensive variants being straight upgrades with no drawback. 

What are your guesses?

Given that the names of the skills in Japanese are literally "Distant Counter: Spd Push" and "Close Counter: Steady Stance", I think they'll continue using the same skill series for both of them and possibly branch out to other skills after 2 or 3 of the 4 from each series is released.

Which of the OCs did best on this last CYL voting? I think it would be fun if we got something like Brave Alphonse or Brave Sharena and I'm thinking of giving my votes to one of them next year if they did well. 

Edited by Rinco

33 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Which of the OCs did best on this last CYL voting? I think it would be fun if we got something like Brave Alphonse or Brave Sharena and I'm thinking of giving my votes to one of them next year if they did well. 

In the top 100, we have:

• 19th - Henriette, with 5,211 votes;
  • 26th - Alfonse, with 3,985;
  • 27th - Plumeria, with 3,875;
  • 46th - Freyja, with 2,332;
  • 61st - Fjorm, with 1,633;
  • 62nd - Líf, with 1,613;
  • 62nd - Loki, with 1,613;
  • 79th - Laegjarn, with 1,283;
  • 83rd - Bruno, with 1,206;
  • 91st - Sharena, with 1,097. 

I will guess that Henriette's votes will decrease next year. Her appearance in the Forging Bonds that happened days before the event started may have affected the amount of votes, so now that we got her in the game though a Seasonal alt... Her placement may change.

I wonder if Fjorm and Laegjarn may receive more votes next time, because of the Ice & Flame TT story.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the top 100, we have:

• 19th - Henriette, with 5,211 votes;
  • 26th - Alfonse, with 3,985;
  • 27th - Plumeria, with 3,875;
  • 46th - Freyja, with 2,332;
  • 61st - Fjorm, with 1,633;
  • 62nd - Líf, with 1,613;
  • 62nd - Loki, with 1,613;
  • 79th - Laegjarn, with 1,283;
  • 83rd - Bruno, with 1,206;
  • 91st - Sharena, with 1,097. 

I will guess that Henriette's votes will decrease next year. Her appearance in the Forging Bonds that happened days before the event started may have affected the amount of votes, so now that we got her in the game though a Seasonal alt... Her placement may change.

I wonder if Fjorm and Laegjarn may receive more votes next time, because of the Ice & Flame TT story.

Book 4 units should also take a dip and maybe some units from book 5 will have a good standing.
Alphonse is not in a bad position, tho. I think if 3H can get more winners, it would be on the women division. Chrom should be a great contender to win next year. And I don't really see Fafnir or Otr placing that well. I'll take my shot with Alphonse till the mid results, then.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

91st - Sharena, with 1,097. 

Man Sharena is having it rough. Maybe she'll get a seasonal to get people liking her again, because she just there for the most part.

And wow didn't know that our F2P goddesses Eir and Peony scored so low. That's what happens when your story gets hijacked I guess.

7 minutes ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

IS PLEGIAN KATARINA COMING BACK??

She is expected to be on the upcoming Double Special banner, sharing blue with Katarina.

As vengeance for all of the times I've seen Kempf on the opposing team, I just added my +10+10 Nifl to my Pawns of Loki team. Being able to inflict Flash on 7 of the opponent's 8 units after hitting level 30 is hilarious, and that vengeance is even sweeter if it hits something stupid like Fallen Edelgard or Brave Hector. (Also, adding another cavalry unit to my team helps a lot since it's low on cavalry.)

Also, props to my Legendary Grima, who managed to tank being hit by Fallen Edelgard 4 times (though Edelgard having Galeforce instead of Bonfire helps, I suppose) and did enough damage back to her for Gunnthra to take her out afterwards.

I still don't like this game mode very much, but it's a bit more bearable now, at least.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Going off the speculation about an Awakening banner soon, here's a guess at a September banner:

• Muspell (R breath cavalry)
  • Flavia (sword infantry)
  • Basilio (axe infantry)
  • Miriel (B tome infantry, demote)
  • Vaike (axe infantry, instant demote)
  • Priam (sword infantry, GHB)
Edited by Othin

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Going off the speculation about an Awakening banner soon, here's a guess at a September banner:

• Muspell (R breath cavalry)
  • Flavia (sword infantry)
  • Basilio (axe infantry)
  • Miriel (B tome infantry, demote)
  • Vaike (axe infantry, instant demote)
  • Priam (sword infantry, GHB)

Wouldn't Yen'fay make more sense as a grail unit? I guess if they wanted to mix things up they could give us Cervantes (or god forbid we get yet another Red Tome grail unit in Excellus), but Priam feels like one of the most pointless characters that they could possibly give as a unit...

Edited by Xenomata

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Wouldn't Yen'fay make more sense as a grail unit? I guess if they wanted to mix things up they could give us Cervantes (or god forbid we get yet another Red Tome grail unit in Excellus), but Priam feels like one of the most pointless characters that they could possibly give as a unit...

Priam ranked 157 on CYL5. Out of the Awakening characters with no Heroes presence, he was the second-highest after Miriel. Yen'fay ranked 370, lowest of all playable Awakening characters not yet in Heroes. (He did outrank Validar, Cervantes, and Excellus, though.)

Edited by Othin

54 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's quite a lot of antagonists left for Grail units in Awakening.

Validar could also be an option. Although I feel it could be more fitting for Gen 2 kids.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Priam ranked 157 on CYL5. Out of the Awakening characters with no Heroes presence, he was the second-highest after Miriel. Yen'fay ranked 370, lowest of all playable Awakening characters not yet in Heroes. (He did outrank Validar, Cervantes, and Excellus, though.)

I... don't understand those numbers. Even in the context of CYL automatically boosting the numbers of units who aren't in the game, I don't get why Priam, a unit who has pretty much no presence even in Awakening (he doesn't appear at all in the Awakening 4koma despite the presence of other Spotpass units in the Shepherds, fun fact), ranks that much higher than Yen'fay, who at least appears and is a known major presence in Valm.

28 minutes ago, Nym said:

That's quite a lot of antagonists left for Grail units in Awakening.

To be fair, Cervantes and Excellus are a stretch. They're major members of Walhart's army, but they still only have limited importance compared to Validar, Yen'fay, and Priam. At that point we may as well consider adding every single named boss that has the decency to have a unique portrait, such as Pheros or Musta- oh wait...

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I... don't understand those numbers. Even in the context of CYL automatically boosting the numbers of units who aren't in the game, I don't get why Priam, a unit who has pretty much no presence even in Awakening (he doesn't appear at all in the Awakening 4koma despite the presence of other Spotpass units in the Shepherds, fun fact), ranks that much higher than Yen'fay, who at least appears and is a known major presence in Valm.

To be fair, Cervantes and Excellus are a stretch. They're major members of Walhart's army, but they still only have limited importance compared to Validar, Yen'fay, and Priam. At that point we may as well consider adding every single named boss that has the decency to have a unique portrait, such as Pheros or Musta- oh wait...

Personally I found Priam pretty memorable just for how he was presented, with his connections to Ike while being the final Spotpass unit and only one not from the main story. Meanwhile I found Yen'fay to be the least memorable playable character in Awakening. It seems those views are pretty common.

Full CYL5 list of Awakening units who are (arguably) missing a regular version:

1. 42. Severa
  2. 44. Anna
  3. 87. Grima
  4. 128. Inigo
  5. 136. Miriel
  6. 157. Priam
  7. 186. Gregor
  8. 219. Ricken
  9. 228. Vaike
  10. 237. Flavia
  11. 242. Noire
  12. 254. Kellam
  13. 269. Laurent
  14. 273. Basilio
  15. 356. Phila
  16. 370. Yen'fay
  17. 371. Validar
  18. 420. Cervantes
  19. 449. Excellus

If we assume Grima and Anna don't need additional versions and Cervantes and Excellus don't need to show up at all, that's 3 banners' worth.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'm a little lost on Grima's inclusion on this list.

Technically we've only gotten "Fallen Robin".

It's a stretch, but that's why I said arguably. I do not expect a "regular Grima".

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It's the connection with Ike. Anybody with a connection to a very popular lord (arguably the most popular behind Marth) is going to have a massive boost in their own rankings.  Whether it's out of actual fondness for the character himself, ship war reasons, "he looks stronk n' cool hurr" reasons (still valid), lingering Tellius bias, or something else ... it doesn't surprise me.

Not that fond of him either but ah well it's inevitable he gets in somewhere tbh.

Assuming September's new heroes banner is Awakening I think it would be funny if Kellam got silently added as a 3/4 star unit unit especially if we are getting the rest of the Shepherds on the banner (Miriel, Vaike and Ricken) plus Muspell. Kind of a shame Awakening's banners have OCs tied to them but they really don't have many popular characters left to add unless they want to add Anna again as a Trickster this time which I would be happy to see but I'm not expecting them to do that.

Missed that bit on Friday about CYL6 but my thoughts are that I don't think we will see a Heroes character winning there. For the most part I believe Three Houses characters will still dominate (Both genders of Byleth, Felix, Yuri, Bernadetta and Hilda) with the only outliers being Chrom and maybe Female Corrin if people don't want all the winners being from Three Houses.

14 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Assuming September's new heroes banner is Awakening I think it would be funny if Kellam got silently added as a 3/4 star unit unit especially if we are getting the rest of the Shepherds on the banner (Miriel, Vaike and Ricken) plus Muspell. Kind of a shame Awakening's banners have OCs tied to them but they really don't have many popular characters left to add unless they want to add Anna again as a Trickster this time which I would be happy to see but I'm not expecting them to do that.

Missed that bit on Friday about CYL6 but my thoughts are that I don't think we will see a Heroes character winning there. For the most part I believe Three Houses characters will still dominate (Both genders of Byleth, Felix, Yuri, Bernadetta and Hilda) with the only outliers being Chrom and maybe Female Corrin if people don't want all the winners being from Three Houses.

I want Kellam to be added to the 3*/4* pool but not even noted on the banner. Just give everyone a free 3* Kellam with no warning. Like you update the app and he's there. And make one of his castle quotes be like "Huh? I've been here the whole time. I was the first person summoned by Kiran."