Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Agreed. I was expecting them to wait a full year for the revival pool to expand up to CYL3, I don't know what they're going for here.

After all the delay, this update announcement is kind of underwhelming. At least we're finally getting confirmation on how everyone expected the next round of legendary remixes to work, I guess.

Yeah. Underwhelming is a good word to use here. I know the refinements this month will be good, but still... I didn't expect or even didn't want CYL 3 yet. 

The Limited Combat Manuals are also pretty meh. Good for players that want merges on those units, but they are very meh. Flora's fodder is ok, but nothing very interesting. I would prefer Ophelia for a free Rally Up Atk. It could be worst, with a Laevatein manual instead I guess... And I confess I was already expecting Nephenee, since she has the weakest fodder from that Seasonal banner. At least I am fixing my Nephenee's Spd bane I guess...

But it's good to have the confirmation for the next Remixes: Marth & Tiki in November, Lucina & Eirika in January, and Hríd & Azura in March.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

so i find that B!Micaiah refine pretty underwhelming. The stat gains are always welcome as is the follow-up effect, but that just doesn't impress. I guess it's the very minimum to be expected given how her regular alt has it too, but it feels like her regular alt is actually stronger for some reason. Alm i'm ok with, but disappointed with no changes to his A personal. funny enough i feel like may be infantry units are due for some canto already. and Camilla fans will have some fun i guess, pretty interesting refine on her.

looking at new Julia, I do sometimes wonder what IS thinks about whenever they do seasonals

4 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

so i find that B!Micaiah refine pretty underwhelming. The stat gains are always welcome as is the follow-up effect, but that just doesn't impress. I guess it's the very minimum to be expected given how her regular alt has it too, but it feels like her regular alt is actually stronger for some reason.

I think what the Weapon needs is an additional effect that is not related to stats; I lean towards Null Follow-Up or Firesweep. The stat boost is kind of weak because Yune's Whisper is pretty pathetic as is. In this day and age, I think stat boosts on Weapons is practically irrelevant, and having a non stat effect will pretty much always be more desirable. For the stat boost to actually matter, it needs to be as insane as Blade tome's Atk boost to really count.

In addition to guaranteed follow-up, Micaiah got damage reduction on her Weapon. As an infantry unit, she also got access to more variety of skills.

Next Resplendent outfit is Nidavellir Sothe, giving us our first Resplendent outfit for a dagger unit and our third Resplendent outfit for a colorless unit.

This brings his offenses up to 38/35, which ties with Julian for the highest base Atk among infantry daggers before Dragonflowers, and puts him at +1/-11 compared to Leila after accounting for their exclusive weapons before Dragonflowers.

I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get Kagero first, who is much more in need of a stat boost due to her weapon stupidly needing an Atk comparison, whereas Sothe is already really good due to his weapon's unique support effect.

His art appears to be drawn by Izuka Daisuke, and it looks really nice. Resplendent arts have really been killing it recently.

Spoiler

chara_img_00001002000206_01.png?time=162

chara_img_00001002000206_02.png?time=162

chara_img_00001002000206_03.png?time=162

chara_img_00001002000206_04.png?time=162

Edited by Ice Dragon

Okay, so Helbindi hit me in the feels again. He got only one line in that team-up thing with Ylgr, and urgh... If you don't know his story, you may think the elipsis is weird, but if you do... Oh man; ouch.

Edit: On the topic of Sothe's new art, I couldn't tell which kingdom he was supposed to be repping. Looked like Nohr, with those armor plates over his hips. The only way I could really identify it were the little gears in his dagger's sheath. Also, I mean, he doesn't look BAD but he looks kind of...ordinary? Like, he just kind of looks like himself; there isn't that big of a change in the apparel's style.

Edited by Mercakete

Love the attention that's been paid to Sothe this year! He was one of my first completed  +10's (and I think actually this is the first Resplendent given of a hero I had already built up) and one of my favorite units to use even before his Refine. The new art is on point too. 

ooh this'll help me +10 Sothe. : o  wasn't originally going to, but I keep getting enough 4-stars, and I like tellius and been reading some good fanfics with him lately so why not ahaha.

love the wired electrified dagger idea, it's a genius move to keep with his weapon and general aesthetics while upgrading it to almost a steampunk vibe.

We'll be getting the next New Heroes banner this month on the 17th. This might be the banner where we get Muspell, if we do indeed actually get him. I'm thinking the most likely game for the banner is Awakening, since it's running low on characters and they probably wouldn't mind sticking Muspell onto it. Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade are two more possibilities.

Meh, I'd prefer if it not being Awakening since it's previous banner was crashed by a FEH OC as well (and Book IV's worst one at that). Make it Archanea and it could look something like this:

Muspell (Red Breath Cavalry)
Hardin (Sword Cavalry)
Elice (Staff Infantry)
Nyna (Blue Tome Infantry; 4* Focus)

Etzel (Red Tome Infantry; Insta Demote)
Wolf (Colorless Bow Cavalry; GHB)

While I don’t think it’s likely, we’re coming up on the anniversary of the last Cipher cards being released and I think it’s possible they’d release some of the OC’s from that into FEH to mark the date. Especially if they expect the banner to be carried by a FEH OC. So something like

- Red breath calvalry Muspell, staff calvalry Alice, green or blue tome Poe, sword infantry Niamh (demote), sword or lance armour Valjean (instant demote) and then an unrelated character as the GHB, maybe Bruno if he finally becomes even slightly relevant.

Long shot, but I thought I’d put the idea out there.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meh, I'd prefer if it not being Awakening since it's previous banner was crashed by a FEH OC as well (and Book IV's worst one at that). Make it Archanea and it could look something like this:

As much as I would like your statement to be true, there's too many characters missing for Archanea games to have a FEH OC placed on one of their banner. Meanwhile for Awakening, over 50% of the cast is already in the game.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

As much as I would like your statement to be true, there's too many characters missing for Archanea games to have a FEH OC placed on one of their banner. Meanwhile for Awakening, over 50% of the cast is already in the game.

Having a Heroes OC added to a banner does not affect the number of characters from the game, it's still 5 either way.

55 minutes ago, Othin said:

Having a Heroes OC added to a banner does not affect the number of characters from the game, it's still 5 either way.

You misunderstand what I wrote.

If you notice IS's pattern when they choose a banner to put those OCs, it's either on games that has a lot of their cast already in the game or unpopular games like Thracia.

And I don't think Archanea is the former, not the latter (even if the remake games sold poorly).

Edited by Nym

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

You misunderstand what I wrote.

If you notice IS's pattern when they choose a banner to put those OCs, it's either on games that has a lot of their cast already in the game or unpopular games like Thracia.

And I don't Archanea is the former, not the latter (even if the remake games sold poorly).

The pattern is that the OCs show up for games without many popular units left. That could be games with few units left like Awakening or unpopular games like Thracia, but it also fits games like Archanea where the remaining units tend to be unpopular.

Each year, they run lower and lower on popular units, so it makes sense that they're increasing the number of OCs added this way.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Can we just get Ellerean instead and have him come with Thoron+?

God, I hope they do that sometime.

22 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Muspell (Red Breath Cavalry)
Hardin (Sword Cavalry)
Elice (Staff Infantry)
Nyna (Blue Tome Infantry; 4* Focus)

Etzel (Red Tome Infantry; Insta Demote)
Wolf (Colorless Bow Cavalry; GHB)

Replace Etzel and Wolf with Midia and Lorenz/Ellerean and it looks good to me!

Awakening seems to be the most likely to me for this month if Muspell is on the next banner. They don't really have many (if any) popular characters left to add so I could see them getting a Heroes character put on the banner with them. Only other games I could see happening is Tellius, Three Houses and Archanea. Three Houses has plenty of popular characters left to add to the normal pool so it doesn't really need an OC tie in to carry the banner. For Tellius, maybe it could happen but I think it is unlikely. I think they will get a banner next month. And for Archanea they are not really in need for a new banner right away plus I'm thinking they will start Book 6 off with Archanea and tie them to the new Heroes ally to help carry the banner. Also, I would like more time to stock up on orbs if they have Nyna, Hardin and/or Wolf there. So yeah, I'm thinking Awakening will be this month, Tellius next month, Three Houses in November and Archanea to start of Book 6 in December.

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I could see them doing a Three Houses banner and use Muspel as a way to avoid having to put in someone like Ignatz or Hanneman. 

Three Houses is probably the last game that they’d have Muspell crash. It’s still too popular to need a crutch, plus we might be getting the Ashen Wolves next anyways (it should got noted that Pelleas has Aelfric’s Japanese VA).

On 9/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We'll be getting the next New Heroes banner this month on the 17th. This might be the banner where we get Muspell, if we do indeed actually get him. I'm thinking the most likely game for the banner is Awakening, since it's running low on characters and they probably wouldn't mind sticking Muspell onto it. Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade are two more possibilities.

This thing of "it's running low on units, so they can put an OC in the banner alongside them" doesn't make much sense, since a 4th unit of that title is added into the 3/4* pool anyway. All those "And More" banners had 3 heroes from a certain title + 1 OC + 1 insta-demote from the same title as the others 3 banner units.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Awakening. I need to save orbs, and that would make me save them for sure.