Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

My one single hope for next months refines are that they get their heads out of their butts and give refines to either Soleil or Reinhardt/Olwen.

My one single expectation is that one of Laevatein or Helbindi are refined, and I hope it's a good one because I have both of them +10ed.

For a tame upgrade, I would just give her Null Panic.

For a real upgrade, I would also add giving her a boost in Atk equal to total bonuses and penalties on herself and foe. Basically, if buffs/debuffs are active on anyone in combat, Laevatein will screw you over.

For the real bonkers effect, I would also add an in combat debuff to foe's Def equal to total bonuses on Laevatein (and maybe bonuses on foe and penalties on both Laevatein and foe too).

If you get a max buff and debuff of 7 on all stats on both sides, that translates to giving Laevatein Atk+112 in the combat preview screen and Def-112 for the foe. That would be an additional tool available to players to shit on any stall team they see.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For a tame upgrade, I would just give her Null Panic.

For a real upgrade, I would also add giving her a boost in Atk equal to total bonuses and penalties on herself and foe. Basically, if buffs/debuffs are active on anyone in combat, Laevatein will screw you over.

For the real bonkers effect, I would also add an in combat debuff to foe's Def equal to total bonuses on Laevatein (and maybe bonuses on foe and penalties on both Laevatein and foe too).

If you get a max buff and debuff of 7 on all stats on both sides, that translates to giving Laevatein Atk+112 in the combat preview screen and Def-112 for the foe. That would be an additional tool available to players to shit on any stall team they see.

It seems far likelier that she get a simple Atk/Def penalty infliction and penalty nullification if she's initiating combat or not adjacent to any allies.

...actually thinking about Laevatein made me take stock. When was the last time we got a proper Bladetome effect? We've had variants such as Halloween Tiki's Frostfire Breath and Ashera's Order's Sentence, but the simple "Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total bonuses on unit during combat" effects feels... missing for a while.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It seems far likelier that she get a simple Atk/Def penalty infliction and penalty nullification if she's initiating combat or not adjacent to any allies.

...actually thinking about Laevatein made me take stock. When was the last time we got a proper Bladetome effect? We've had variants such as Halloween Tiki's Frostfire Breath and Ashera's Order's Sentence, but the simple "Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total bonuses on unit during combat" effects feels... missing for a while.

Laevatein: Ninja of Múspell got a Blade tome effect that is at half power, but she got Meister effect in exchange. For a real full Blade tome effect, I cannot think of any.

Closest thing I can think of would be the Refinement for Gunnthrá's Blizzard, which makes penalties to foe's Res twice as strong (enemy basically got Penalty Doubler) on top of the constant in combat Res-8 (essentially Atk+8).

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If I had to guess the exact refine lineup, I'd go with:

Soleil (plz IS, just let her eat)
Laevatein
Ophelia
Legendary Hector
Bride Tharja
Julius

I hope they give Armads a refinement. But overall, your selection is kinda what a expect too.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

For a real bonkers effect, instead of "adds total bonuses to Atk", change it to "deals damage iqual to total bonuses".

Another path they could go is like the Fallen Morgans or Brave Marth, that she gets effects based on the total bonuses she has.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A1TBJofU9herm3NyXWrMtqqpMBuGq_CL59U3cpNYIWA/

Been revising my approach to my unit information tables again, think I've gotten them to a point where I can feasibly keep them up to date while also having a good level of detail.

One interesting thing I noticed from this one is that as of this morning's Meet Some of the Heroes additions, there's now only two FE6 regular heroes without website profiles, and they're both Roy. (There's also four seasonals, including a third Roy, but seasonals haven't been getting added retroactively so far.)

33 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

probably halloween units

Reveal hidden contents

So, Male Robin, Rhea, Kurthnaga, and Sothis are the Halloween units, huh? And Sothis has "Duo" in her title, so, she's probably being paired with Byleth. That whole character selection is...disappointing. More Three Houses overload. Yaaaaay.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

SOLEIL REFINE IS REAL, THIS IS NOT A DRILL ALSO, LMAO QUADRUPLE RED NEW POWER BANNER!

img_20211002_05_weapon.jpg

Yeah for some reason, the official FEH website already has the Ver 5.10 info up. Here's the link:

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20211002

Aw dip, Owain Laevatein AND Soleil? This has to be the best weapon refinery update yet!

Yee! X3 I'm so happy with the new additions to Hero's Journey! Now I can review old events and unlock specific ones, even from events gone by! This is going to be great for filling up the events! X3

October's combat manuals is looking nice. Been waiting for that last Young Innes to come in so I can finish him and start working on Summer Norne next. Halloween L'Arachel is also funny to see since it would be the fourth free copy of her I've gotten.

The Three Houses units were apparently getting so out of hand in Allegiance Battles (and would've gotten worse still once Yuri is in the PvE pool) that TH Allegiance Battles now use Fates's unit roster instead (at least for this current Legendary M!Byleth one). 

That's actually hilarious as hell.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The Three Houses units were apparently getting so out of hand in Allegiance Battles (and would've gotten worse still once Yuri is in the PvE pool) that TH Allegiance Battles now use Fates's unit roster instead (at least for this current Legendary M!Byleth one). 

That's actually hilarious as hell.

Hilarious, or a sign that even the devs know that powercreep has gotten so bad even they can't pretend it doesn't exist anymore?

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hilarious, or a sign that even the devs know that powercreep has gotten so bad even they can't pretend it doesn't exist anymore?

A bit of both, I suppose.

It should also go noted that the previous TH Allegiance Battle (Legendary Claude’s) was on the god awful map with the giant breakable wall in the middle. IS might’ve gotten a bunch of complaints via feedback after that one, hence this change.

Datamine:

New Fjorm as an enemy, probably this month's guest OC, with an axe.

"Nifl's Bite: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, restores 7 HP to unit after combat, and also, if foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat.

Edited by Othin

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

Datamine:

Hide contents

New Fjorm as an enemy, probably this month's guest OC, with an axe.

"Nifl's Bite: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, restores 7 HP to unit after combat, and also, if foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat.

Hmm...

Spoiler

Slaying + Distant Counter + 7 HP heal after combat + Null-C Disrupt against ranger foes... Not bad, really. I wish It also granted some stats, like Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 at least, but not bad.

I will guess her summonable version may have a powered Ice Mirror maybe?

Her art is also great!

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hmm...

Hide contents

Slaying + Distant Counter + 7 HP heal after combat + Null-C Disrupt against ranger foes... Not bad, really. I wish It also granted some stats, like Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 at least, but not bad.

I will guess her summonable version may have a powered Ice Mirror maybe?

Her art is also great!

Ooh, yeah. Wonder if it'll be straight Ice Mirror II, or something else.

Apparently she's an axe armor.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Ooh, yeah. Wonder if it'll be straight Ice Mirror II, or something else.

Apparently she's an axe armor.

Spoiler

Oh, I didnt see the Armor part. That's interesting. Not sure if she is a good save until, since most of the ranged threats these days are Red, but she can use fighter skills pretty well.

At first, from the art alone, I thought it could be Hreslveg, since Nifl said that Fjorm looks kinda her. But nope.

Also, now I kinda expect Champion Laegjarn next month now.

Spoiler

Fjorm: Ice Ascendant might actually be the start of a new brand of Legendary Heroes rather than a regular pool unit. Micaiah was the 16th Pair Up Legendary and thus completed the Pair Up Legendary chart so that might mean we're in for something different.

For reference, the returning Legendaries / Mythics for October are:

Red: Mirabilis, Roy
Blue: Ullr
Green: Hel, Triandra
Colorless: Alm, Duma, Mila lol I still somehow have none of these three

Spoiler

Long-haired Fjorm was not something I thought I needed. It looks lovely on her.

I'm expecting her summonable version to have an upgraded Ice Mirror that has Quickened Pulse built in, which would give her a 1-cooldown Ice Mirror that activates on every enemy attack as long as the opponent doesn't have Guard. I've already seen an Aether Raids challenger with a Shield Pulse Brave Hector, and this would basically be just a better version of that build.

Given that she will likely have an Ice Mirror variant and is an armor, I'm also going to bet that she'll come with one of the missing Far Save skills.

@Diovani Bressan I don't see her being green being too big of an issue as long as she has a built in Quickened Pulse. The two major ranged red threats are Duo Lif and Legendary Lilina. Duo Lif will probably have a difficult time breaking through Ice Mirror + Crafty Fighter, as Specials cannot have their damage reduction negated and Crafty Fighter prevents his Special from activating, and Legendary Lilina's AoE damage is not anywhere near as threatening as Ophelia's, meaning it's much easier to tank Lilina with a high-Res unit, which Fjorm almost certainly will be.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Fjorm: Ice Ascendant might actually be the start of a new brand of Legendary Heroes rather than a regular pool unit. Micaiah was the 16th Pair Up Legendary and thus completed the Pair Up Legendary chart so that might mean we're in for something different.

For reference, the returning Legendaries / Mythics for October are:

Red: Mirabilis, Roy
Blue: Ullr
Green: Hel, Triandra
Colorless: Alm, Duma, Mila lol I still somehow have none of these three

It's possible, but I think it's unlikely. They seem to want to add OCs to every normal banner now, and she's being introduced the same way as Nifl and Muspell. And they can keep expanding the Pair Up legendary chart as long as they want.