Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The Resplendent after Shanna will be Kagero: Honorable Ninja.

chara_img_00002005000072_01.png?time=163

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002005000072_02.png?time=1632475794384https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002005000072_03.png?time=1632475794384https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002005000072_04.png?time=1632475794384

Frankly, what the actual hell? I honestly don't think you can keep making this straightfaced forever loyal retainer dress in every fetish costume possible without someone wondering if someone has a thing going on...

...it also kinda bothers me she still doesn't have her Prf weapon in her artwork. Either way, character isn't interesting to me, sorry Sothe looks like I'll have to buy your outfit when things look more interesting.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Ahahaha. She's a watermelon.

I'm glad they finally got around to Kagero. Of the Book 1 daggers, she's easily the one that needed the stats the most due to her exclusive weapon's not entirely sensical Atk comparison.

With maximum investment, Kagero can now get her visible Atk up to 74 with double Life and Death, which is honestly kind of amusing. With her weapon's effect active, this gives her 78/58 offenses with an Atk Asset or 75/61 with a Spd Asset, which is usable, but not super amazing, given that this is with the stats from the A slot and Sacred Seal. For contrast, a maxed out Ulir with the same double Life and Death setup hits 79/68 with a Spd Asset, though Kagero has the B slot free to run Lull Spd/Def to reach 81/61 or 78/64, which is honestly not bad. She ends up with 104 physical bulk and 110 magical bulk when initiating combat from full health, which is also passable, though she definitely wants healing support if she needs to fight more than one round of combat.

I'm tempted to actually build her, but that relies on me getting more copies of Ulir for Life and Death 4, who thankfully is most likely going to share a color with the next new Legendary Hero (which means I'm definitely going to be getting million copies of her and not the new character).

As for her outfit, I'm having trouble getting over the fact that she's a watermelon.

Dokkalfheimr was the most likely outfit, and that was exactly what she got. It's okay, I guess. As just my personal taste, I'm not terribly fond of the swimsuit-like look of the double cleavage cutout. I also think the magenta accents contrast a bit too much with the muted colors of the rest of the outfit and kind of mess up the autumn-like colors.

It's a bit disappointing they left her with the same weapon on her original art, which is just a Silver Dagger.

Also, she's a watermelon.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for her outfit, I'm having trouble getting over the fact that she's a watermelon.

Also, she's a watermelon.

Why would you do this, now I can't take the outfit seriously ON TOP OF not being a huge fan of it. NOW I WANT WATERMELON WHY DO I WANT WATERMELON I DON'T EVEN LIKE WATERMELON it makes my mouth itchy.

... Yeah. Uh, there's definitely a Kagero dev. Who really likes her ... personality. Yeah.

There's no other justification for Kagero getting two alts and a resplendent when Saizo has absolutely nothing.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There's no other justification for Kagero getting two alts and a resplendent when Saizo has absolutely nothing.

Kagero dev or no, she has always been ahead of Saizo in every CYL so that might be why Saizo has zilch:

Kagero's results / Saizo's results
1: 86th / 130th
2: 90th / 345th
3: 122nd / 310th
4: 165th / 345th
5: 164th / 241st
Total Votes: 9,756 / 4,127

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Kagero dev or no, she has always been ahead of Saizo in every CYL so that might be why Saizo has zilch:

Kagero's results / Saizo's results
1: 86th / 130th
2: 90th / 345th
3: 122nd / 310th
4: 165th / 345th
5: 164th / 241st
Total Votes: 9,756 / 4,127

But when characters like Bartre and Zelot get seasonal alts, and when Merric and Shanna get resplendent costumes, there's no excuse for Saizo to have literally nothing (except a weapon refine, which doesn't really count because everyone from year 1 got those unless you're a healer, dancer, Dire Thunder, or Hector).

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But when characters like Bartre and Zelot get seasonal alts, and when Merric and Shanna get resplendent costumes, there's no excuse for Saizo to have literally nothing (except a weapon refine, which doesn't really count because everyone from year 1 got those unless you're a healer, dancer, Dire Thunder, or Hector).

There's a bunch of characters with no alts that are far more popular than Bartre or Zelot. That definitely isn't a problem exclusive to Saizo.

As for Saizo not getting a Resplendent, he is actually in about the same CYL5 tier as Shanna (231st) and Merric (258th). The problem Saizo faces is that Fates has a lot of Year 1 - Year 2 characters (more than Archanea and especially Binding Blade) so he's a lot more unlikely to get prioritized for a Resplendent (especially when Fates still has most of its heavy hitters left to use).

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There's a bunch of characters with no alts that are far more popular than Bartre or Zelot. That definitely isn't a problem exclusive to Saizo.

As for Saizo not getting a Resplendent, he is actually in about the same CYL5 tier as Shanna (231st) and Merric (258th). The problem Saizo faces is that Fates has a lot of Year 1 - Year 2 characters (more than Archanea and especially Binding Blade) so he's a lot more unlikely to get prioritized for a Resplendent (especially when Fates still has most of its heavy hitters left to use).

LolFates

Honestly, the extreme front loading of Fates and Awakening and Archanea just fucked over a lot of their units, especially nowadays in the age of insane powercreep and shit.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think that was the intention. Although black dots on red do force one to see it once you said it. An intentional watermelon design would have more green though. 

The lines on the scarf say "butterfly" to me.

440px-Monarch_Butterfly_Danaus_plexippus

Like a good old monarch butterfly. +The butterfly-esque hair accessory.

-Sorry if this was obvious/stated somewhere and I didn't know it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think that was the intention. Although black dots on red do force one to see it once you said it. An intentional watermelon design would have more green though. 

The lines on the scarf say "butterfly" to me.

440px-Monarch_Butterfly_Danaus_plexippus

Like a good old monarch butterfly. +The butterfly-esque hair accessory.

-Sorry if this was obvious/stated somewhere and I didn't know it.

That was indeed the artist's intent but she still looks like a watermelon

18 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That was indeed the artist's intent but she still looks like a watermelon

I was getting more of a ladybug vibe, but her being a watermelon is pretty funny.

Anyway the alt itself is fine, but I would have liked it a lot more if they really went with a 'nightmare fairy' look on Kagero. Kagero's artwork being hellish or nightmarish is a theme in her supports and I think that would make for a very well fitting resplendent. A more Triandra-ish look would do wonders on her.

Still I like it well enough and at least its better then her Halloween alt. A alt that was so much wasted potential that I find it the worst alt in the game. They could have given her a freaky cool outfit, but instead they gave her a 'ninja in fanservice' outfit. A alt gimmick she already had in her spring banner so the alt was both boring and a repeat.

I also agree that Saizo should have gotten something already. He might actually be perfect for Halloween too with his distaste for sweets and his grumpy attitude.

Edited by Sasori

Well, this last Tap Battle season, I've been having fun with the FE4 theme. I've been using the red tome'd, big, happy Fala family: Arvis, Azelle, Julius, and Fallen Julia! I'm SURE Azelle is TOTALLY COMFORTABLE with this. =D

Edit: Skimmed recent comments and hahahahaa-- Watermelon Kagero. Also, still waiting on male fairies. Also, why is she a Dokalfar? Her past isn't that tragic and she's handling what problems she does have (sickly brother) responsibly and just plain well. Heck, she's a bodyguard for the crown prince, so life's not too bad. Also, she'd better watch out for Summer Adult Tiki.

Edited by Mercakete

28 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The new event calendar was released. The next New Heroes banner is on October 18th, and the next Special Heroes one is on November 5th.

You may also want to cross-examine with the Japanese calendar for this one.  There's some shenanigans on the English one that implies some events that actually begin or end on November 6 according to UTC are simultaneous to those that begin or end on the 5th according to UTC...

9 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

You may also want to cross-examine with the Japanese calendar for this one.  There's some shenanigans on the English one that implies some events that actually begin or end on November 6 according to UTC are simultaneous to those that begin or end on the 5th according to UTC...

I think it's just the Veld re-run and the Seeds of Fodlan revival that are a day behind on the English calendar. They should be on the 6th and 8th respectively.

Forgot to do my last two AR matches for the week until a half hour before the end of the season, got some bad matchups, and narrowly finished the last one with a minute to spare.

That was... nerve-wracking. Had to really speed through the last one, too. Would have been an embarrassing way to fall out of Vault of Heaven for the first time.