Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I could see them taking the Resplendent path, where we see characters from other games gain power from various Heroes factions through whatever handwavy reason.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Like... Lets say Chrom gets an Ascended Hero Alt. What would make that different from his Sword Cav alt we already have? "Oh, but they could consider that he performed the Awakening and got blessed by Naga". Isn't that Legendary Chrom already?

I figure it would be something more terrifying fun. Chrom blessed by Naga should be like Chrom: Crowned Exalt, but on a horse and colorless with Meister effect.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Othin said:

I could see them taking the Resplendent path, where we see characters from other games gain power from various Heroes factions through whatever handwavy reason.

I can see that!  it'd also maybe give them an excuse to introduce more god characters (like nifi and musspel(?)) to bestow those ascended blessings, who would be yet more orb-bait.

completely off topic: DD4 f!Lyon's been my 'delete ranged blues and colorless' button since last year; even maxed out +10 shinons and l!chroms couldn't touch him for ages. then suddenly i get an ophelia and a y!inness that KO's him within two weeks recently. @_@ powercreep with the skills is nuts.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

completely off topic: DD4 f!Lyon's been my 'delete ranged blues and colorless' button since last year; even maxed out +10 shinons and l!chroms couldn't touch him for ages. then suddenly i get an ophelia and a y!inness that KO's him within two weeks recently. @_@ powercreep with the skills is nuts.

Ophelia's last major buff, though, was 2 years ago when Life and Death 4 was released.

Her most recent buff was the release of the Life and Death Sacred Seal this past February, but it can be used only if she isn't running Hardy Bearing.

Putting together my new spreadsheet update, I noticed that Fafnir's two versions both have the title "King of Desolation". Which is odd, and could suggest that they don't currently plan on making both of them playable.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Putting together my new spreadsheet update, I noticed that Fafnir's two versions both have the title "King of Desolation". Which is odd, and could suggest that they don't currently plan on making both of them playable.

Or it could mean he's getting Gustav'd / Freyr'd and we aren't getting either one ever. Maybe he'll at least get an OP seasonal alt like Gustav.

They have the same character description too, but do have different voice lines though dragon Fafnir's special cut-in lines just involve him either saying "die / death" or screaming.

Next Celestial Stone shop will have Sacred Coins, Refining Stones, and Aether Stones, as well as increased number of times you can get each type of Dragonflower from 6 to 20. Details on the numbers and costs of the new items are not yet clear.

I'm surprised that Ascendant Florets aren't in the shop yet, but maybe that'll change in the future. With such a big increase to the number of stones it's possible to spend, I wonder if they're going to add sparks to more banners soon.

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

Next Celestial Stone shop will have Sacred Coins, Refining Stones, and Aether Stones, as well as increased number of times you can get each type of Dragonflower from 6 to 20. Details on the numbers and costs of the new items are not yet clear.

I'm surprised that Ascendant Florets aren't in the shop yet, but maybe that'll change in the future. With such a big increase to the number of stones it's possible to spend, I wonder if they're going to add sparks to more banners soon.

I hope so! Maybe they will finally put guaranteed summons on Special Heroes Foci, and maybe even Legendary and Mythic Heroes Foci.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

That's a lot of dragonflowers in the celestial stone shop. If I looked at it correctly the maximum amount of Celestial Stones anyone can have is 10 or 11(If they gave one for free initially), and the shop is being reset again in May, so that's 7 more for a total of 17 or 18. They definitely have to introduce a way to acquire more stones. Plus people have been complaining about the quantity of Dragonflowers needed to max a unit now-a-days, so I guess this is the band-aid on top of the band-aid

4 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

That's a lot of dragonflowers in the celestial stone shop. If I looked at it correctly the maximum amount of Celestial Stones anyone can have is 10 or 11(If they gave one for free initially), and the shop is being reset again in May, so that's 7 more for a total of 17 or 18. They definitely have to introduce a way to acquire more stones. Plus people have been complaining about the quantity of Dragonflowers needed to max a unit now-a-days, so I guess this is the band-aid on top of the band-aid

Bear in mind that stones can be obtained from New Hero Revival and Legendary Remix banners, so the baseline available for a 6-month period is 12. (Plus any extras from stuff like the CYL multispark.)

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Please let that be the case. Whether multispark on regular banners or sparking on seasonal banners, even if it means I’ll likely never save another orb. Upping the number of available items from 26 to at least 85 seems to indicate that, but it could also just be random.

It could also be they start putting sparks on older seasonal banners since they likely don’t bring in the big bucks anymore, while leaving the new ones untouched. Rather than just throw the year 1 and 2 seasonals in the grail pool like they should.

There’s presumably a new FEH channel around the beginning of November? Seems to be one around that time usually anyway, so I guess we’ll find out then.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Bear in mind that stones can be obtained from New Hero Revival and Legendary Remix banners, so the baseline available for a 6-month period is 12. (Plus any extras from stuff like the CYL multispark.)

Oh I forgot about the remixes giving stones, but it's still too few to justify increasing the maximum to 20, so we'll see.

HMMMM interesting resolution for your little forging bonds story IS. Gambling addiction isn't a problem, you don't need to worry about how your choices affect other people. Because what are we without our charming character quirks? Nobody really wants to grow or change. They just need to make more money to support their lifestyle.

I wonder why Fire Emblem Heroes would take such an oddly specific stance on this oddly specific issue.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Oh, shit. They actually gave a staffie with no exclusive weapon a Resplendent outfit. Serra is next with a Nifl outfit. I was definitely not expecting that.

The art is pretty average compared to other Resplendent art (granted, average for a Resplendent is well above average compared to all art), but the outfit looks amazing. Her facial expressions are absolutely perfect, though.

Her stats are still pretty underwhelming, though. 32/33 offenses are just Brady's Atk and Spd swapped around, and she has 7 more Res at the cost of 6 less HP, though this is before Dragonflowers (where Serra gets access to 5 more).

That said, her stats after Dragonflowers are -8/+1/-1/+1/+9 compared to Eremiya's, making her arguably tied for best F2P infantry staff, though it's not like that's a particularly prestigious title or anything.

Edited by Ice Dragon

...wow, they really don't want me to resub. I don't even really think Serra is bad, I just... don't care.

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000088_01.png?time=1634178520799

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000088_02.png?time=1634178520799https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000088_03.png?time=1634178520799https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00003003000088_04.png?time=1634178520799

Pretty good art though. Shame the Special art is never going to be seen in normal gameplay.

Edited by Xenomata

Hey look, another Resplendent that gets a big ol' fat *YAWN* from me. No, I don't even care that's a 3*-4* staff mostly because they picked the wrong one if their intent was to get me to care

I swear, these underwhelming picks are really feeling deliberate at this point and my patience with them is starting to run really thin. 

I guess this is at least a sign that 3-4 staff unit can expect SOMETHING?

But I wonder why they picked Serra of all units first.

A few more Resplendent Serra stat comparisons, I guess:

• Compared to Eremiya [+Spd], the current best F2P infantry staff, Serra [+Spd] has -8/+1/-1/+1/+9 after Dragonflowers.
  • Compared to Eremiya [=], Serra [+Spd] has -9/+1/+2/+1/+8 after Dragonflowers and at least 1 merge, if you aren't keen on spending Trait Fruits.
  • Compared to Fluffy Hat Nanna [+Spd], the current best F2P staff unit overall, Serra [+Spd] has -2/+0/-6/+3/+10 after Dragonflowers.
  • Compared to Fluffy Hat Nanna [=], Serra [+Spd] has -3/-1/-3/+3/+10 after Dragonflowers and at least 1 merge.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But I wonder why they picked Serra of all units first.

Possibly because out of all of the 4-star-summonable staff units that are eligible for a Resplendent outfit, she's one of two that have well-rounded offensive stats (the other being Lucius).

Generic staff units do have a shot! Now give them refines. Might actually grab this one if the follow up to it is decent. I love her new sprite, it suits her well.

Still, that is the 5th generic unit and third lady in a row, wonder how long this can keep up. I get they have more ground to cover with the 3-4 star pool but I can’t imagine they bring in as much as the 5 stars.

I have to confess that if I was the type of player that cancels Feh Pass when a bad unit gets Resplendents, that would be now with Serra. Great art, but... It's Serra. Genny or Mist would have more value than her. Good for Serra fans, | guess... But I am very disappointed.

Serra's outfit looks awesome! But, well...I don't think the character and the outfit suit each other very well.

Serra feels like another character like Oboro, Gaius, Seth, Kaze, Matthew, Rebecca and Raigh. In the sense that she was really popular among fans of the original game, but being bad/boring in FEH kind of tanked her popularity. So for that reason alone I'm glad she finally got something cool. Now she only needs a refine and an alt.