Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The next Special Heroes banner is on November 5th, and the TT+ banner is on the 3rd. So, we should get the reveal trailer on the 2nd, correct? Think they'll repeat the ninja theme like they did with the pirates?

That does point to a trailer tomorrow night, yeah. Given that pirates are getting their second run this year, I'm guessing ninjas will do the same, but we'll have to see.

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I think we'll likely see ninjas again, but I can't be 100% certain about that since they ditched the dancer theme this year.

If we do get ninjas again (or perhaps even if we don't), there's a decent chance we'll see Valentian Deen and/or Yashiro like it or not, TMS does need Harmonic representation for Resonant Battles on the banner. Both of their Japanese voice actors (Tsuguo Mogami and Yoshimasa Hosoya respectively) recently voiced different characters (Sedgar for Mogami, Halloween M!Grima for Hosoya) and in Mogami's case specifically, he only just joined the FEH voice cast as Sedgar. IS seems to have a tendency of having the Japanese voice actors record multiple roles at once (if you want a recent example, Fae and Serra have the same Japanese voice actress).

Also, if Yashiro brings Mirage Navarre with him, then Navarre's Japanese voice actor (Takehito Koyasu) also had a recent role (Scion Lewyn).

Huh, could that explain other Resplendent picks?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh, could that explain other Resplendent picks?

If you mean past ones (bold denotes characters who have gotten content this year):

Kagero: shares with Est and Ross in Japanese (Rie Murakawa); also happens to share with Nino and Fae in English (Sarah Blandy)
Shanna: shares with Florina in Japanese (Nao Shiraki) and got an alt earlier in the year; also happens to share with Oboro, Effie and Mikoto in English (Marisha Ray)
Sothe: shares with a bunch of guys [Zelgius, Eldigan, Karel, Jeorge, Oscar, Shinon] in Japanese (Junji Majima); also happens to share with Leif in English (Nicolas Roye)
Tailtiu: shares with Ullr in Japanese (Houko Kuwashima); also happens to share with Fjorm in English (Heather Watson)
Sonya: shares with no one in Japanese (Rei Shimoda); also happens to share with Olwen in English (Tara Sands)
Raven: shares with Luke in Japanese (Yuichiro Umehara); also happens to share with Henry, Karel and Oscar in English (Bryce Papenbrook)
Amelia: shares with Lute in Japanese (Ai Nagano); also happens to share with Elise, Fir and Nina in English (Natalie Lander / Liv Strander)
Merric: shares with Matthew in Japanese (Soichiro Hoshi); also happens to share with Marth, Eliwood and Bramimond (Yuri Lowenthal)

So, there's some relevant connections to found (both in Japanese and English) for past and potentially future content (such as Karel also potentially being in play for a ninja alt).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you mean past ones (bold denotes characters who have gotten content this year):

Kagero: shares with Est and Ross in Japanese (Rie Murakawa); also happens to share with Nino and Fae in English (Sarah Blandy)
Shanna: shares with Florina in Japanese (Nao Shiraki) and got an alt earlier in the year; also happens to share with Oboro, Effie and Mikoto in English (Marisha Ray)
Sothe: shares with a bunch of guys [Zelgius, Eldigan, Karel, Jeorge, Oscar, Shinon] in Japanese (Junji Majima); also happens to share with Leif in English (Nicolas Roye)
Tailtiu: shares with Ullr in Japanese (Houko Kuwashima); also happens to share with Fjorm in English (Heather Watson)
Sonya: shares with no one in Japanese (Rei Shimoda); also happens to share with Olwen in English (Tara Sands)
Raven: shares with Luke in Japanese (Yuichiro Umehara); also happens to share with Henry, Karel and Oscar in English (Bryce Papenbrook)
Amelia: shares with Lute in Japanese (Ai Nagano); also happens to share with Elise, Fir and Nina in English (Natalie Lander / Liv Strander)
Merric: shares with Matthew in Japanese (Soichiro Hoshi); also happens to share with Marth, Eliwood and Bramimond (Yuri Lowenthal)

So, there's some relevant connections to found (both in Japanese and English) for past and potentially future content (such as Karel also potentially being in play for a ninja alt).

Interesting. That could answer some questions people have raised.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, Sunwoo said:

Alas, there's really no good thematic way to put Tormod, Marcia, and Stefan on the same banner.

Slightly disagree because I can see a PoR "midgame" collection kind of like how Jill/Shinon/Gatrie/Ilyana were a PoR "earlygame" collection and were recruited about a similar time - just add Astrid to your choices as another decently-popular female for whale bait and there's a lineup that actually stands to do remarkably well if the fodder and art is there.  Shinon/Gatrie/Ilyana made a somewhat amount of sense as a "Greil Mercenaries" banner ... but Jill randomly in there is not, and much more affiliated with Daein.

meanwhile i'm slowly expiring here because there goes a lot of common-sensed banner choices to slot in with zihark ajskhkshgj

Edited by kradeelav
how many times did i say the word decent oops

44 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Shinon/Gatrie/Ilyana made a somewhat amount of sense as a "Greil Mercenaries" banner ... but Jill randomly in there is not, and much more affiliated with Daein.

Jill was there because she was 24th in CYL4 (aka the one where Three Houses dominated).

Whether or not she fit with the other characters on the banner was clearly of no concern to IS.

I'm hearing gossip on twitter about leaks of all the characters for the rest of the month ... and they guessed the ninja banner (that was just released a few minutes ago) right, which makes the rest of their guesses more likely.

Link to screenshot in the spoiler, happy to remove this if the mods wish.

Makes me very excited for precisely one of the characters.

9 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I'm hearing gossip on twitter about leaks of all the characters for the rest of the month ... and they guessed the ninja banner (that was just released a few minutes ago) right, which makes the rest of their guesses more likely.

I'd be very happy with that Tellius banner. Wonder how Thorr would fit into things.

13 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

No Brom...not at all surprised, but I'm still sad. Astrid, though? That's pretty awesome. I'd like to see her.

While I don't actually have anything against the character choices for the assumed Tellius banner, it's ridiculous that male characters who scored in the top 5, like Boyd or Stefan or Tormod, can't get in while lower scoring characters like Marcia and Astrid and Tanith are getting in. And I like Marcia.

That said, apparently no Lucia either, which is also weird.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

I'd be very happy with that Tellius banner. Wonder how Thorr would fit into things.

Hmm...

Spoiler

The leak has 2 Eitris, so I expect one being the enemy version and the other being the summonable version.

With that in mind the Thórr in the leak could be a enemy version of her, and since she appeared in the last TT story... Thórr could be the boss in this month's TT instead of Laegjarn.

55 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hmm...

Hide contents

The leak has 2 Eitris, so I expect one being the enemy version and the other being the summonable version.

With that in mind the Thórr in the leak could be a enemy version of her, and since she appeared in the last TT story... Thórr could be the boss in this month's TT instead of Laegjarn.

Good catch, I think there was only one Laegjarn in the leak.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

[DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

Thorr now has a full set of attacking art, so she probably is the TT boss this time.

Link: https://imgur.com/a/zwknbpi

About that...

Spoiler

Yes. Thórr is the TT Boss. Looks like I guessed right, @Othin.

Also, her weapon:

War-God Mjölnir: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Effective against armored foes. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 25%, grants Atk+6 to unit during combat, inflicts Atk-6 on foe during combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, and also, if unit is not adjacent to an ally, neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.

Hey @NSSKG151, think I just ran into you in Aether Raids. I'm Sun with a Soiree Reinhardt lead.

EDIT: Also, don't ask me WTF I was doing, I never know what I'm doing in Aether Raids.

Edited by Sunwoo

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Hey @NSSKG151, think I just ran into you in Aether Raids. I'm Sun with a Soiree Reinhardt lead.

EDIT: Also, don't ask me WTF I was doing, I never know what I'm doing in Aether Raids.

I went and accepted your friend request. Don't worry, I never know what I'm doing in Aether Raids either nor do I really take that mode seriously.

Guys, I need your advice. I really like Shamir as a character, but I have this B!Ike:

B!Ike (+Spe) +10 +20

Urvan [Special] - Reposition - Aether

Distant Counter - Null Follow Up - Atk/Spd Menace - Spd/Res Solo

Is it worth investing in a second infantry axe unit? 

44 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Is it worth investing in a second infantry axe unit? 

Assuming you are building them toward what their intended role is, one is an enemy phase unit and the other is a player phase unit, so there is no reason why you cannot build a a new unit simply because they share a color, Weapon type, and movement class. How you use a unit, or what the unit's role is, is far more important than color, Weapon, and movement.

If you already have two super tanks, then it makes less sense to invest in a third super tank compared to investing in a new nuke. A new nuke will expand your strategic and tactical tool box, whereas a third super tank will still be susceptible to the same general weaknesses shared by all super tanks.

For a tool analogy, size, weight, and material of a hammer matters, but you generally will be better off if you buy a second tool that is an axe or saw even if it is around the same size, weight, and material of the hammer rather than second hammer that is different.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Assuming you are building them toward what their intended role is, one is an enemy phase unit and the other is a player phase unit, so there is no reason why you cannot build a a new unit simply because they share a color, Weapon type, and movement class. How you use a unit, or what the unit's role is, is far more important than color, Weapon, and movement.

If you already have two super tanks, then it makes less sense to invest in a third super tank compared to investing in a new nuke. A new nuke will expand your strategic and tactical tool box, whereas a third super tank will still be susceptible to the same general weaknesses shared by all super tanks.

For a tool analogy, size, weight, and material of a hammer matters, but you generally will be better off if you buy a second tool that is an axe or saw even if it is around the same size, weight, and material of the hammer rather than second hammer that is different.

I see. How would you recommend to build her? I have a spare Larcei if damage reduction is needed

47 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I see. How would you recommend to build her? I have a spare Larcei if damage reduction is needed

If you are using her as a player phase unit, damage reduction is helpful, but generally is not necessary. I would build around her Shuriken Cleaver.

Fast Brave Galeforce:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Shuriken Cleaver
Reposition
Galeforce
Flashing Blade
(Any B) — Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Wings of Mercy is more for Aether Raids and one-turn clears, but outside of that, the sky is the limit for the B slot.

Fast Brave Desperation:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Shuriken Cleaver
Reposition
Luna — Moonbow (with Time's Pulse) — Ruptured Sky (with Time's Pulse)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Flashing Blade
Desperation — Frenzy
(Any C) — Time's Pulse
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Fast Brave non-Desperation:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Shuriken Cleaver
Reposition
Luna — Moonbow (with Special Spiral or Time's Pulse) — Ruptured Sky (with Special Spiral or Time's Pulse)
Surge Sparrow
(Any B) — Null Follow-Up — Spurn — Lull Spd/Def — Special Spiral
(Any C) — Time's Pulse
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Flashing Blade
Surge Sparrow here makes it a lot more viable to run non-Desperation builds and opens up the B slot, but at the cost of not working with Wings of Mercy.

Tank buster:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Shuriken Cleaver
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Flashing Blade
Windsweep
Fatal Smoke — Time's Pulse
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Poison Strike
She is guaranteed to do at least 18 guaranteed damage per round of combat, with Poison Strike on Sacred Seal bringing that up to 28. I recommend Fatal Smoke to ensure bulky tanks like Edelgard: Hegemon Husk cannot out heal your damage output, but Time's Pulse could work too if that is cheaper for you to ensure your Special always trigger for the first round of combat every turn, and Special triggers should hopefully be enough to overwhelm the tank's healing capabilities.

Edited by XRay

Was kind of pondering one thing about the probable leak and had a thought.

Spoiler

“Winter Lilina in a blue dress” struck a couple of people as odd, but I wonder if it points towards an alt of hers based on this art:

https://fecipherfullart.tumblr.com/post/631884149291106304/artist-kawasumi-source-twitter

Which could have been mistaken for a winter alt thanks to the cape. Either Ascendant or just a regular alt to try and carry a Binding banner.

Edited by TuxedoBird