Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Was kind of pondering one thing about the probable leak and had a thought.

Reveal hidden contents

“Winter Lilina in a blue dress” struck a couple of people as odd, but I wonder if it points towards an alt of hers based on this art:

https://fecipherfullart.tumblr.com/post/631884149291106304/artist-kawasumi-source-twitter

Which could have been mistaken for a winter alt thanks to the cape. Either Ascendant or just a regular alt to try and carry a Binding banner.

I kind of doubt they'll give us Ascendant forms of main game characters right now. They might once they run through their own OCs they want to "ascend," but not until that's done. Could be a New Heroes Lilina alt, though, I suppose. I'm still leaning towards Christmas/Winter, though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I kind of doubt they'll give us Ascendant forms of main game characters right now. They might once they run through their own OCs they want to "ascend," but not until that's done. Could be a New Heroes Lilina alt, though, I suppose. I'm still leaning towards Christmas/Winter, though.

Spoiler

I agree with you about it being really early to make Ascendent Heroes out of non-OC’s, and Lilina would be an odd choice for a first one. But Binding Blade has so few options for new heroes to sell (you really think Cath or Gonzales are going to bring in the big bucks?) that I could see them adding a new Lilina to try and salvage it.

I’m speaking as someone who really wants Hugh, Niime and Elffin in the game, there are BB characters I would pull for, but I doubt many people would.

Could still just be winter though.

Also I hope you get that Christmas Brom someday.

I think we'll start getting Ascendant Heroes for non-OCs eventually, but not before the end of 2021. This month's banner should have Laegjarn and next month's banner should have a Book 6 OC, so unless they try to cram an Ascendant and OC onto the same banner, there's no room until we reach banners well after the Winter one.

Just now, Othin said:

Hide contents

I think we'll start getting Ascendant Heroes for non-OCs eventually, but not before the end of 2021. This month's banner should have Laegjarn and next month's banner should have a Book 6 OC, so unless they try to cram an Ascendant and OC onto the same banner, there's no room until we reach banners well after the Winter one.

Spoiler

I agree... Unless the new free hero for new Book is a Ascended Hero from an OC already in teh game, like  Ascended Alfonse or Ascended Veronica (just random guesses here), or it's a new OC that is Ascended instead of giving us another Mythic Hero, Laegjarn should be the last one for this year. After Winter Banner comes NY Banner, so next Ascended should be in January 2022.

I am curious about Ascended Alts for non OCs, but I hope they don't just start to give them to main lords. I want a good reason why they are Ascended Heroes (since the initial "god-like" reason to Mythic Heroes was scrapped when Thrasir and Líf got released, and totally destroyed with Ótr), like Acended Adult Tiki who is the Tiki from the final of Future Past after becoming the new Naga. Even Chrom blessed by Naga after performing the Awakening would be meh to me, since not only we already have a Chrom Alt in the pool has "Chrom: Knight Exalt" (not present in the main pool but as a 4* Special, but still) and Legendary Chrom is already a version of him after the Awakening.

The next seasonal banner is the Christmas banner which is always a very curious piece of work. My brother likes to go on about how boring it is, but he's kinda right. Its mostly almost all red santa outfits and Christmas gift bags, with at best some deer decorations. It makes most Christmas unit feel the same. 

Its not like there's anything to work with. It would be easy to branch out. You've got Christmas elves, reindeer or even Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas if they're feeling creative. Felix would have nailed the hambug spouting Grinch persona if only IS would have let him. Taking a look at other countries Christmas traditions might also be interesting. Like the English Father Christmas, or the Dutch Sinterklaas complete with Bishop outfits and blackface.

And a Christmas banner without a santa Garon will never be a true Christmas banner. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'd say, on that subject, personally my hopes had been for a Day of the Dead theme to be done instead of Halloween for once. Since that's not all there is to that period of days either.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Or at least throw in some winter holidays that aren't not-Christmas, y'know?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, on that subject, personally my hopes had been for a Day of the Dead theme to be done instead of Halloween for once. Since that's not all there is to that period of days either.

It's unlikely that they'd add representation for less widely celebrated holidays, especially religious holidays. Poorly representing a holiday significant elsewhere in the world will reflect poorly on them, so it makes sense that they'd stick to traditional Japanese events and well-known secularized holidays.

Oh hey, it's the next banner revival poll. So, who are we all voting for this ti-

F!Edelgard: I AM ABSOLUTE.

...Oh, right. Forget I said anything except for this: I can't wait for the Mirabilis banner to survive again (and entirely thanks to the Western fanbase) despite being a terrible banner when you look past the sparkable Mythic.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh hey, it's the next banner revival poll. So, who are we all voting for this ti-

F!Edelgard: I AM ABSOLUTE.

...Oh, right. Forget I said anything except for this: I can't wait for the Mirabilis banner to survive again (and entirely thanks to the Western fanbase) despite being a terrible banner when you look past the sparkable Mythic.

Yeah... it was no surprise that the Fallen Heroes would win. Right now, Despair and Hope is losing by less than 1%, but there is enough time to maybe a change.

Next time, by removing the winner and the loser, "Nótt & More" and "Dawning Reality & Nifl" will be added to the competition. In the end, it will be a battle between Nótt and Nifl, while Mirabilis watches (she will probably survive again).

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... it was no surprise that the Fallen Heroes would win. Right now, Despair and Hope is losing by less than 1%, but there is enough time to maybe a change.

Next time, by removing the winner and the loser, "Nótt & More" and "Dawning Reality & Nifl" will be added to the competition. In the end, it will be a battle between Nótt and Nifl, while Mirabilis watches (she will probably survive again).

Mirabilis and More surviving this long is pretty funny, but if it sticks around, I think it'll finally go down once CYL5 and Abyss get added.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Mirabilis and More surviving this long is pretty funny, but if it sticks around, I think it'll finally go down once CYL5 and Abyss get added.

Yeah, for sure.

Because it will be Mirabilis & More, Abyss & Múspell, CYL 5, and the 2nd place of next poll (Nott or Nifl). Mirabilis should not survive that.

I don't know how but apparently I somehow scored high enough in AR last season to get into Vault of Heaven. Because now I'm in Vault of Heaven.

Please help

Don't forget to bring your safety fence if you feel like you need it, bring only fortress, ladders and bonus build if you havent doing this. There many Nott + cavalry so I hope you have good tanks and good luck! (it isnt bad to be honest)

I just noticed that the next Forging Bonds Revival will happen next month, in December.

It should be in January, but the notification says December. I wonder what IS is planning... Maybe they want to even out the Sparkable banners? I mean, right now we have 3 Sparkable banners in Odd numbered months, while only 1 in Even numbered months. Maybe 2/2 with this new change?

While we don't have the calendar yet, we should be getting a New Power banner (Summer Tana, Kliff, Helbindi, Kaze) tomorrow since today is the last day for the Heroes with Ignis banner.

Somewhat related fun fact: until they get their Prfs + refine, Shigure, Legault and Libra have all never been re-run on a banner (as in, their only banner appearance was their debut one).

Against Nótt cavalry lines, I think Galeforcers strike a better balance between ease-of-use, cost, and success. You do need a bit of practice though to get the hang of it. Leif: Destined Scions is definitely not budget friendly, but if you have him, he is the best Galeforcer in my opinion since he is the only consistent ranged Galeforcer and he has Miracle built into his Weapon. Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo and Corrin: Nightfall Ninja Act can sort of work too, but they are not as reliable as their Galeforce is part of their Duo skill; Lyn Ninja-Friend Duo is a budget friendly option since she was given away for free. Leif: Unifier of Thracia also exists, but he is not in season, and he hits like a wet noodle against Nótt.

Super tanks are easier to use than a Galeforce team, but depending on who is on defense in relation to your super tank, success is pretty iffy, especially if they throw in Fatal Smoke too.

Save tanks are the most brain dead to use in my opinion, and they have a better chance of success than regular super tank teams against cav lines due to the sheer bulk they can achieve, but they need quite a bit more investment and they have the same vulnerability to Fatal Smoke. The best Save tanks and Flayn are not exactly as easy to get compared to Ike: Brave Mercenary and Lucina: Brave Princess.

Next Resplendent is Askr Ryoma, our first 5-star-exclusive in months (since Sonya).

His art is pretty average as far as Resplendent arts go (which is above average in general). Askr, so nothing particularly flashy:

Spoiler

chara_img_00002003000016_01.png?time=163
chara_img_00002003000016_02.png?time=163

chara_img_00002003000016_03.png?time=163
chara_img_00002003000016_04.png?time=163

Resplendent bonuses bring his stats up to 43-/36/37/29-/23 (+4 at max Dragonflowers). His Legendary version has 41/34/39/28-/20 (+3 at max Dragonflowers).

They have the same weapon and therefore the same refine, which grants +4 to all stats and Null Follow-Up with a Blow or Unity condition, and while Legendary Ryoma has exclusive access to Bushido II, it's not significantly better than Spurn, though it does make Legendary Ryoma strictly better in both offensive stats, as Bushido grants +7 damage to all attacks, but Spurn grants only +5 damage and only on Special activations (and only when below 75% HP).

With only his weapon and Spurn and with a Spd Asset at max Dragonflowers, Resplendent Ryoma effectively has 50/62.5/48/37/31 with a 2-cooldown Special compared to Legendary Ryoma's 47/64/49/35/27 with the same build with Bushido II instead of Spurn. This puts Resplendent Ryoma at +3/-1.5/-1/+2/+4, which is pretty comparable.

Resplendent Ryoma also lacks the ability to run Rein skills like Legendary Ryoma, though all that really does is even up their defenses if you compare Resplendent Ryoma's Joint Drive Spd to Legendary Ryoma's Atk/Spd Rein.

Ryoma [+Spd (+Atk)]
Raijinto [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Kestrel Stance 3 / Atk/Spd Unity
Spurn 3
Joint Drive Spd
Kestrel Stance 2 / Atk/Spd Solo 3

Once we get Darting Breath as a Sacred Seal (or if you don't mind losing Spd and running the existing Steady Breath Sacred Seal), Legendary Ryoma will be able to run Astra, Ignis, or Dragon Fang for a stronger Special. (Yes, Dragon Fang is actually comparable to Ignis, depending on what kind of team support you're giving him.)

As Resplendent Ryoma lacks an exclusive B skill, he also has the flexibility to run other B skills, like Windsweep, which gives him access to wall breaker builds with his weapon's Null Follow-Up, though it does waste his built-in Distant Counter.

Ryoma [+Spd (+Atk) / +Atk (+Spd)]
Raijinto [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Flashing Blade 4 / Atk/Spd Ideal 4
Windsweep 3
Time's Pulse 3 / Fatal Smoke 3 / Pulse Smoke 3
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Blade Session 3 / Flashing Blade 3

Think it's finally time for me to bail on Heroes. Gathering up all the rewards has turned into more of a timesink than I'm up for, without much reason to bother.

I'm curious to see where the game will go from here, but I don't feel much need to keep playing it.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Think it's finally time for me to bail on Heroes. Gathering up all the rewards has turned into more of a timesink than I'm up for, without much reason to bother.

I'm curious to see where the game will go from here, but I don't feel much need to keep playing it.

Given your accomplishments below in your signature, you've had a hell of a run as-is.  Just curious - would there be a single character that'd bring you back temporarily?

8 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Given your accomplishments below in your signature, you've had a hell of a run as-is.  Just curious - would there be a single character that'd bring you back temporarily?

It's possible! Depends on how much time I'm willing to put in when it happens.

13 hours ago, Othin said:

Aww... sad to see you go. Hopefully you will still hang around and check back from time to time.

I agree it can be a chore to log in everyday. I got so used to doing it that I do not mind, but there are days when I do forget to do so, and I realize not playing Heroes gives me a lot more extra time to do other stuff. While playing the game on my phone itself will take about an hour on average every day, a lot of time I spend on Heroes also involves watching videos, checking the forums, and doing research, and that is a huge time sink.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

Aww... sad to see you go. Hopefully you will still hang around and check back from time to time.

I agree it can be a chore to log in everyday. I got so used to doing it that I do not mind, but there are days when I do forget to do so, and I realize not playing Heroes gives me a lot more extra time to do other stuff. While playing the game on my phone itself will take about an hour on average every day, a lot of time I spend on Heroes also involves watching videos, checking the forums, and doing research, and that is a huge time sink.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm still planning on being around here, maybe not quite as often but enough to keep tabs on things.

At this point, most Heroes battles have gotten pretty trivial for me, whether or not I auto-battle them, so they've gotten to just feel like a chore to get the rewards. Aether Raids is more interesting, but doing it every night has gotten to be a hassle, and I've already put together units that can do pretty much everything I could ask for and managed to stay in Vault of Heaven for 43 consecutive seasons, by my count. I feel like I don't have much left to prove, which leaves little reason to keep grinding out AR matches or new units/resources I've found myself rarely using. Anything else that happens, I can enjoy secondhand and assume I've already demonstrated I could probably handle it.

Edited by Othin