Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Being selective about resources is absolutely key to enjoying FEH in it's dry periods.  I personally do all the modes since FEH pass makes it easy to autobattle a lot of it (during boring work meetings lol), but I don't kill myself trying to be top-tier competitive in all the things, just enough that I can braindead coast and grab 90% of the rewards.

plus i find a lot of times it's more fun to enjoy the waves of getting fresh/favorite characters you "do" like and ride that high while they're momentarily the hot meta thing.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On 11/13/2021 at 5:18 PM, Some Jerk said:

To the surprise of no one...

ayApbMt.png

That's way more NA love than I expected for Mira though. Not that I'm complaining, I may get my chance to +10 her yet.

I can’t help, but be surprised seeing the Awakening Banner do so well. Is there any reason the west likes the banner so much? 

I always thought Mirabelis was rather humble and fair compared to the super powerfull OC chars like Nott or Reginn. Meanwhile the Awakening part felt a bit odd with two bosses being part of the libe-up.

Its weird to see them top a banner with fodder king Shinon and fan favourite Jill.

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

I can’t help, but be surprised seeing the Awakening Banner do so well. Is there any reason the west likes the banner so much? 

It's for the sparkable Mythic and nothing else. At the very least, I've never seen anyone cite Say'ri (a 5* swordie that was already dead on arrival in 2020) or Anna (got buried by F!Kris, the time skip Dimitris and Nott) as the reason for voting for that banner. They're both completely lackluster in terms of fodder too.

Mustafa isn't even worth acknowledging because Balthus now exists (completely out stats in Mustafa in everything but Spd) and Balthus was even given out for free too.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

It's for the sparkable Mythic and nothing else. At the very least, I've never seen anyone cite Say'ri (a 5* swordie that was already dead on arrival in 2020) or Anna (got buried by F!Kris, the time skip Dimitris and Nott) as the reason for voting for that banner. They're both completely lackluster in terms of fodder too.

Mustafa isn't even worth acknowledging because Balthus now exists (completely out stats in Mustafa in everything but Spd) and Balthus was even given out for free too.

Yeah... Anna was in a good position when she got released. She was the first Infantry lance unit is a long time, so she was unique.

But then we got Female Kris one month later, which to me is a better unit. Then we got Pirate Geese as a 4* unit in August, and then later that same month we got Brave Dimitri (someone that some times I forget that exists). Then Legendary Dimitri in October was the final blow. Anna didnt have much time on the light...

I had forgotten just how much of a pain in the ass dagger Rokkr bosses are. Maybe it's about time I start handing out Sturdy Impact to some of my Rokkr Siege units (since I have 9 extra copies of Dimitri).

On the other hand, Legendary Tiki is amazing here since her Save effect keeps the boss from moving (they always attack my Halloween Mia) while also granting +6 Def and having a Sacred Seal slot open to run Distant Guard.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I had forgotten just how much of a pain in the ass dagger Rokkr bosses are. Maybe it's about time I start handing out Sturdy Impact to some of my Rokkr Siege units (since I have 9 extra copies of Dimitri).

On the other hand, Legendary Tiki is amazing here since her Save effect keeps the boss from moving (they always attack my Halloween Mia) while also granting +6 Def and having a Sacred Seal slot open to run Distant Guard.

Damn, I keep forgetting we have Save units now. I think I should replace one of the Herons with a Far Save armor so I do not even have to worry about archers anymore.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Damn, I keep forgetting we have Save units now. I think I should replace one of the Herons with a Far Save armor so I do not even have to worry about archers anymore.

I'm currently running 2 Brave Galeforcers (Elincia and Brave Celica), Legendary Tiki, and Halloween Mia. Since the boss always attacks Mia (unless they want to move onto a fortification tile), the boss will always stay put, and I don't need to be constantly chasing it down into a corner like I had to previously with the Knock Back strategy. And since the entire team is always adjacent to Mia, her double Breath of Life keeps everyone healthy, so all I need to worry about is keeping counterattack damage low (easier said than done against a dagger boss) and keeping stronger melee units away from Mia.

I can typically max out damage partway through turn 6.

Leila was surprisingly hard - i had cheesed through the axe Rokkers with yep, you guessed it, nin!Zihark, but ended up needing fedelgard + hel + b!claude + reyson for her.  more of a survivability issue than raw damage output.

Next Hall of Forms lineup is [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Witchy Nowi
Bride Tharja
Summer Cordelia yo, let's go
Dancer Inigo

Also, this is a face that now exists [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

nlfciubv43081.jpg

Edited by Tybrosion

Ugh. No Grail unit again.

I'm getting some serious Senran Kagura vibes from that picture.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

Witchy Nowi
Bride Tharja
Dancer Inigo

Reveal hidden contents

nlfciubv43081.jpg

Eh. My Forma Soul is safe for another month

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

Witchy Nowi
Bride Tharja
Dancer Inigo

Spoiler

Something about having two Red units feels... off. Is this allowed? Would it have been a big deal to put Maribelle in instead of Nowi/Tharja?

Otherwise... hm, I don't know how to feel about Nowi. On the one hand it'd be a chance to get her some good and rare skills (Atk/Spd Catch/Ideal/Unity, Atk/Res Far Trace, Spd/Res Rein, Ruptured Skies mainly), but my Nowi is +10 already, and I spoiled her enough as-is.
Tharja and Inigo exist. I have no strong feelings about Bridal Tharja specifically (IMO her original form is better), and Inigo just doesn't have any strong appeal as a dancer.

Summer Cordelia is interesting. On the one hand Summer Ashe/Ingrid/Brave Erika are faster AND stronger with mighty Prf weapons and skills. Even among competition some of them have interesting Prfs to work with. On the other hand, among no-Prf options she is among the fastest (even if Spring Minerva is both stronger and able to have slightly higher Spd AND having far better chances of being summoned), so if you wanted a Lance Cav with good skills you do have a good unit to build upon. Her 32 base Atk might make aiming for a Ninja Yari/Ninja Naginata set comparitively weak, but... well, we'll see I guess.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:
  Hide contents

Something about having two Red units feels... off. Is this allowed? Would it have been a big deal to put Maribelle in instead of Nowi/Tharja?

Otherwise... hm, I don't know how to feel about Nowi. On the one hand it'd be a chance to get her some good and rare skills (Atk/Spd Catch/Ideal/Unity, Atk/Res Far Trace, Spd/Res Rein, Ruptured Skies mainly), but my Nowi is +10 already, and I spoiled her enough as-is.
Tharja and Inigo exist. I have no strong feelings about Bridal Tharja specifically (IMO her original form is better), and Inigo just doesn't have any strong appeal as a dancer.

Summer Cordelia is interesting. On the one hand Summer Ashe/Ingrid/Brave Erika are faster AND stronger with mighty Prf weapons and skills. Even among competition some of them have interesting Prfs to work with. On the other hand, among no-Prf options she is among the fastest (even if Spring Minerva is both stronger and able to have slightly higher Spd AND having far better chances of being summoned), so if you wanted a Lance Cav with good skills you do have a good unit to build upon. Her 32 base Atk might make aiming for a Ninja Yari/Ninja Naginata set comparitively weak, but... well, we'll see I guess.

Hall of Forms lineups always include red, blue, and green, but the fourth slot varies between colorless and doubling up on one of the colors. We've gotten double red before.

After spending some orbs that I shouldn't have, I decided to write up my goals in the game in a note app and really stick to them from now on.
I hope I can keep the mindset 🙃

On that note, did Arden already appear in a HoF? 
When is Ascended Fjorm's banner going on the rerun voting (I suppose it will win the month it goes up for voting, so I'll try to save orbs for a spark there)

Edited by Rinco

38 minutes ago, Rinco said:

On that note, did Arden already appear in a HoF? 

No, he hasn't. The previous FE4 lineups were Sigurd/Quan/Eldigan/Lewyn and Larcei/Shannan/Altena/Ced.

38 minutes ago, Rinco said:

When is Ascended Fjorm's banner going on the rerun voting (I suppose it will win the month it goes up for voting, so I'll try to save orbs for a spark there)

Next poll (in December) will have damn Mirabilis, Pent banner, Nott & Friends and Nifl & Friends.

The poll after that (possibly in January, they've kinda screwed up the schedule with the Forces of Will revival being next month) adds CYL5 and Muspell & Abyss. 

So, the poll after the above (possibly in March) will have Fjorm & Friends and Laegjarn & Friends. I don't think Fjorm is a sure shot to win, since its other competitors will probably be Nott & Friends or Nifl & Friends (whichever doesn't win next month) and Abyss & Muspell (a Three Houses banner). The rest of Fjorm's banner (Wolf, Malice, Roshea) won't be doing her any favors against that competition either.

@Tybrosion I'm betting on the sparkable Ascended Hero as being a desirable enough thing for it to win the voting, but maybe we'll get more Ascended Heroes till there and that could devalue that. Fjorm being a better unit than Laegjarn (and a really solid unit overall) is also something that could help her banner on that regard, even if the rest of it is on the average side.

HoF wise, I'm looking for good Near Save armors or Cav Healers that are easy to merge. Next HoF (December) I don't expect to see anything like that, but on the one on January (it is 3H, isn't it?) I can hope for B!Edelgard. Genealogy is a little far away, but if by then I still have a need for a Near Save and Arden shows up, it will be a nice pick.

Ugh, I only noticed earlier that Heroes depantsed Marcia. Why would they do that? This isn't even an Erinys situation where there was no one consistent artwork -- all the Tellius pegasus knights wear pants. And Marcia's artist is even the same person who did regular Elincia -- who wears pants! This is just plain offensive.

10 minutes ago, Rinco said:

@Tybrosion I'm betting on the sparkable Ascended Hero as being a desirable enough thing for it to win the voting, but maybe we'll get more Ascended Heroes till there and that could devalue that. Fjorm being a better unit than Laegjarn (and a really solid unit overall) is also something that could help her banner on that regard, even if the rest of it is on the average side.

Perhaps, but underestimating the legion of Three Houses normies Abyss & Muspell for its lack of an Ascended Hero also isn't the way to go. Yuri is both ridiculously popular and insane as a unit, and Muspell himself is also a very strong unit. Contance and Hapi round the banner out as popular and strong Three Houses females.

Fjorm could very well win, but the cutthroat competition in that poll isn't going to make it easy.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ugh, I only noticed earlier that Heroes depantsed Marcia. Why would they do that? This isn't even an Erinys situation where there was no one consistent artwork -- all the Tellius pegasus knights wear pants. And Marcia's artist is even the same person who did regular Elincia -- who wears pants! This is just plain offensive.

This is a Path of Radiance banner, not a Radiant Dawn banner. Marcia only wears pants in Radiant Dawn.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps, but underestimating the legion of Three Houses normies Abyss & Muspell for its lack of an Ascended Hero also isn't the way to go. Yuri is both ridiculously popular and insane as a unit, and Muspell himself is also a very strong unit. Contance and Hapi round the banner out as popular and strong Three Houses females.

Fjorm could very well win, but the cutthroat competition in that poll isn't going to make it easy.

Yeah, that's true.

I hope her banner gets to win the rerun sometime, tho. Either that or Fjorm getting featured in a Hero Fest or finalist in A Hero Rises (I think there's a great chance that happens) would be okay with me.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is a Path of Radiance banner, not a Radiant Dawn banner. Marcia only wears pants in Radiant Dawn.

More exactly, it's Falcon Knights and Seraph Knights who wear pants/tights in Tellius. Pegasus Knights instead still have the classic Zettai Ryouiki look of the series. Thus Marcia lacks them in PoR, but has them in RD.

Elincia actually wears a full bodysuit under her armor, not pants, but she's still fully covered anyway then. So the artist is just being accurate to the source material.

Ugh.

At the very least, they could've made it so not honking obvious. Or made the skirt a little lower. Pegasus knight designs are stupid.