Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't really get why Nowi got Muspellian attire. It feels too serious for her, and I don't really see the connection at all. The only explanation I can think of is because she used to be owned, but wouldn't that make Dark Fairy fit her better?

Don't she and Ricken once set a tent on fire? Obviously Nowi is an arsonist who just abuses her kiddy looks to make it seem like an ''accident''. And then she lets Ricken take the fall. 

Who better to join Muspel than an arsonist? 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Don't she and Ricken once set a tent on fire? Obviously Nowi is an arsonist who just abuses her kiddy looks to make it seem like an ''accident''. And then she lets Ricken take the fall. 

Who better to join Muspel than an arsonist? 

I don't doubt you but I personally don't remember that. But yeah, if you base it solely on that, it does make sense...kind of. Don't Nowi's fireballs explode? Seems like it's not gentle enough to simply set a tent on fire, but that's not really here or there.

39 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't doubt you but I personally don't remember that. But yeah, if you base it solely on that, it does make sense...kind of. Don't Nowi's fireballs explode? Seems like it's not gentle enough to simply set a tent on fire, but that's not really here or there.

I don't know how Manakete fire works, but for what it's worth there's like four different ways it has been depicted as working:

• The exploding fireball shown when she attacks, as you say, which appeared in Awakening
  • In an official manga or somesuch, she is mentioned to have some sort of icier breath
  • In Smash Bros, while not Nowi, the Tiki assist trophy is depicted using classic fire breath (and presumably the two dragon girls would be similar since they share a similar form)
  • And then you have Heroes, where whatever the hell happens depends on the breath you are using (when Nowi is using her Purifying Breath, it's something more of a Waterball that pierces her target)

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know how Manakete fire works, but for what it's worth there's like four different ways it has been depicted as working:

• The exploding fireball shown when she attacks, as you say, which appeared in Awakening
  • In an official manga or somesuch, she is mentioned to have some sort of icier breath
  • In Smash Bros, while not Nowi, the Tiki assist trophy is depicted using classic fire breath (and presumably the two dragon girls would be similar since they share a similar form)
  • And then you have Heroes, where whatever the hell happens depends on the breath you are using (when Nowi is using her Purifying Breath, it's something more of a Waterball that pierces her target)

Oh it certainly depends on the stone. For example, in FE11, while only Tiki could use the divinestone, other kinds of ketes could change out stones and that would switch the breath type. For example, Tiki could also use firestones. That said, if what Etrurian Emperor was referencing was something that took place in Awakening, then I imagine Nowi was using the breath she used in Awakening, so that's why I referenced that specific form of fireball. However, I could also see the stone giving her coldfire in general, and how she uses it is in the explosive form. That is, it wouldn't surprise me if the stone decided the energy form, and the manakete decided what shape it would take/how it would manifest.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Oh it certainly depends on the stone. For example, in FE11, while only Tiki could use the divinestone, other kinds of ketes could change out stones and that would switch the breath type. For example, Tiki could also use firestones. That said, if what Etrurian Emperor was referencing was something that took place in Awakening, then I imagine Nowi was using the breath she used in Awakening, so that's why I referenced that specific form of fireball. However, I could also see the stone giving her coldfire in general, and how she uses it is in the explosive form. That is, it wouldn't surprise me if the stone decided the energy form, and the manakete decided what shape it would take/how it would manifest.

I do know what Emperor is talking about, but that just adds to the confusion even more, since Nowi is using firebreath instead of fireballs.

Then again, she frequently mentions using firebreath in more than one support conversation, so maybe a manakete outside of heroes can control what they do with their fire? I dunno, but it does add to the argument that Nowi is an arsonist...

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

If I buy today the Feh Pass, would I get the 3 resplandent or just the usual 2? I’m waiting for a period of time in which I can get Ryoma, Nowi and the next one 🙂

If you buy Feh Pass today  (November 27th, the date I commented this), it will last until December 27th. This means you will get:

• November 25th Resplendent: Ryoma
  • December 10th Resplendent: Nowi
  • December 25th Resplendent: ???

So yeah, you will get 3 Resplendents.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I do know what Emperor is talking about, but that just adds to the confusion even more, since Nowi is using firebreath instead of fireballs.

Then again, she frequently mentions using firebreath in more than one support conversation, so maybe a manakete outside of heroes can control what they do with their fire? I dunno, but it does add to the argument that Nowi is an arsonist...

I think the ones in Heroes can too. It seems to me like they just choose to use the example of the kind of breath they've seen others use. After all, inherited skills come from the original users teaching the new unit how to use the new weapon (via manual before the unit goes home, or in person if directly inherited.) This is supported by the comic, but also just implied by the game, I think, and it hasn't been refuted anywhere as far as I've seen.

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

If I buy today the Feh Pass, would I get the 3 resplandent or just the usual 2? I’m waiting for a period of time in which I can get Ryoma, Nowi and the next one 🙂

Subscriptions always last one month from date to date (so if you subscribe on the 27th, it will end on the next 27th) regardless of the length of the month, so you'll always get three rewards as long as you give yourself enough time to log in between the start of the third Resplendent season and the end of your subscription.

However, because Feh Pass also gives you quests for extra resources, it's always best to wait until the middle of a season (5-10 days after the start of a season) to make sure you have enough time to complete all three sets of quests.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I don't really get why Nowi got Muspellian attire. It feels too serious for her, and I don't really see the connection at all. The only explanation I can think of is because she used to be owned, but wouldn't that make Dark Fairy fit her better?

Why exactly does there need to be a connection?

Any connections anyone draws between the character and their outfit is at best speculative and is no more definitively explanatory than they just spun a wheel and used what came out. We probably get just as many that fit perfectly as we get that make no sense.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why exactly does there need to be a connection?

Any connections anyone draws between the character and their outfit is at best speculative and is no more definitively explanatory than they just spun a wheel and used what came out. We probably get just as many that fit perfectly as we get that make no sense.

I never said that there needs to be a connection, but there are enough that do fit with the garb choice that I still look for one.

World building? In MY Fire Emblem Heroes? It might happen sooner then you think.

https://serenesforest.net/2021/11/25/fire-emblem-heroes-character-illustrations-vol-1-art-book-releases-in-japan-on-december-24/#more-64390

Apparently a Japanese exclusive artbook is going to be released. In the description it says  ''it’ll contain an overview of the game’s storyline, including the history of the Askr and Embla kingdoms'' 

I think that should be interesting. For the most part Askr and Embla are kind of non entities that we know nothing about, not even which part of the Zenith world map is Askr or Embla. So some additional information would be nice. It may be Japanese only but so was the Tellius book and we still got the full history of Tellius translated. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

World building? In MY Fire Emblem Heroes? It might happen sooner then you think.

https://serenesforest.net/2021/11/25/fire-emblem-heroes-character-illustrations-vol-1-art-book-releases-in-japan-on-december-24/#more-64390

Apparently a Japanese exclusive artbook is going to be released. In the description it says  ''it’ll contain an overview of the game’s storyline, including the history of the Askr and Embla kingdoms'' 

I think that should be interesting. For the most part Askr and Embla are kind of non entities that we know nothing about, not even which part of the Zenith world map is Askr or Embla. So some additional information would be nice. It may be Japanese only but so was the Tellius book and we still got the full history of Tellius translated. 

Man, I wish stuff like this would come out in English too. Like Fire Emblem is pretty big here.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe we'll finally learn how many separate realms are covered by the places we've seen.

14 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yay! Congrats on finishing your Ninja Lyn project!  🎉

Thanks! It’s a bit sad that I couldn’t end that project as F2P (this is my second month with Feh Pass), but I really wanted to finish her after getting 9 F2P copies last year! 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, Dylan Corona said:

Why on earth can't the My Summoner unit use more interesting spells, like Thani or that Ice spell? I really don't want to use the Summoner gun haha.

I think you can use non-prf spells, actually - mine's using Blarraven+, and I briefly had Stone.  I vaguely remember weapons being super limited when the feature first launched (eg the gun) but they've since broadened the variety of weapons.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

I think you can use non-prf spells, actually - mine's using Blarraven+, and I briefly had Stone.  I vaguely remember weapons being super limited when the feature first launched (eg the gun) but they've since broadened the variety of weapons.

The reason you remember it being super limited is that My Summoner could originally only be a colourless mage, and there aren't any top-level non-Prf colourless tomes. Since we've gained access to other weapon types, we can now wield non-Prf weapons of those types in the same way as we can choose any skills inheritable by our current class.

(Now that I look into this, I'm kinda annoyed that we don't seem to be able to pick up refined weapons at all... 😕 )

On 11/27/2021 at 2:22 PM, Dylan Corona said:

Why on earth can't the My Summoner unit use more interesting spells, like Thani or that Ice spell? I really don't want to use the Summoner gun haha.

The Summoner cannot use personal weapons, like Thani or Dire Thunder, for example. He can only use as personal weapon his Breidablik, but he can use any of the inheritable weapons as long you summoned the heroes with those weapons (if you want the Summoner equipped with Ninja Naginata, you need to have summoned Ninja Male Corrin, or if you want to have the Summoner with Unity Blooms, then you need to have summoned Valentine Henriette).

The only exception is if you keep him as a Colorless Tome unit, then Dire Breidablik is your only option.

Ver. 6 update is due for the 5th, and will be accompanied by a 3 hour maintenance. So, the Book VI Feh Channel should drop before that maintenance ends.

Also, they just straight up skipped Canas in regards to refines. Next up are Walhart, Libra, Summer Y!Tiki, Loki and Nailah (first beast refine and first non-CYL3 Book III era refine).

The 5* Limited Manuals are Winter Nino and Winter Eirika... and I was hoping for Winter Zephiel instead.

Eirika has some nice fodder. She has Dazzling Staff, Restore, and Joyous Lantern.

Nino also has pretty nice fodder (better than Zephiels), with Tannenbit, Rapply Atk/Res+, Atk/Spd Form, Bold Fighter and Armor March.

But I still wanted a free merge on my Forma Zephiel.

Nailah is solid, Loki and Tiki are expected, Libra and Walhart are a bit out of order but we'll circle back around to Legault and Canas eventually.