Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Hm... Now that I got Azura: Hatari Duet, she does not seem feel as good as Dorothea: Twilit Harmony. In a vacuum, I think Azura: Hatari Duet is a tiny bit better than Dorothea: Twilit Harmony. However, what sets Dorothea: Twilit Harmony apart is that she works with Leif: Destined Scion, while all Azura: Hatari Duet got is justĀ Corrin: Nightfall Ninja Act. Corrin: Nightfall Ninja Act is not bad, but she is nowhere near as good as Leif: Destined Scion in my opinion.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not sure about Spring Catria... that would be pretty crappy for the blue color...

Unless you are talking about Bridal Catria (which I am 99.9% sure you are), then I may agree with you.

Yeah, that one! I knew it was a seasonal Catria, but I always mix units I don't have lol.

Thorr could also be a good fit for a full green banner, and maybe the new Mythic is green as the newer units always have a good shot at those kind of events.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

The forma...

Ā  Hide contents

Sylvain has some new weapon options to pick from since his release. Amity Blooms, Plegian Torch, Snow Globe... all pretty good. He should be able to get through the HoF just fine and, for those invested in him, gain a solid number of skills to take home. I personally am fine without him.

Ā 

Snow Globe will not be available in Hall of Forms yet. You can still fodder a Artur to him if you want, though. Kinda a waste of Far Save fodder though.

This Month's HoF will have skills up to Eitri & ThĆ³rr Banner, so all skills added until the end of November 2021. Snow Globe will be added in February's Hall of Forms.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Hall of Forms:

Spoiler

Oh, fun. Why does the Grail unit have to be Lorenz.Ā How the fuck am I even supposed to build this thing?

32/31 offenses are flat-out awful, and 25/29 defenses are barely usable for enemy phase. 29 Res is crap for Res comparisons. 45 HP can work for HP comparisons, but not against armors.

He's basically identical to Respendent Robin (42/31/31/31/24), but red and doesn't have a Prf weapon (even if Robin's is awful by today's standards) with Def and Res swapped so he can't even use a Litrraven well.

Red tome also has the worst selection of inheritable weapons out of the tome colors. Other than the Raudhr- weapons, you basically only have Luminous Grace, Peachy Parfait, and Unity Blooms as options. I feel like Peachy Parfait is probably the best weapon for him (excluding Raudhrblade, which is trivial to get) since it gives the biggest boost to Atk and Res and doesn't interfere with Ruptured Sky.

Maybe something like

Summer LorenzĀ [=]
Peachy Parfait+ [Res]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Mirror Stance 3
Lull Atk/Spd 3 / ???
Joint Distant Guard
Quick Riposte 3

Anyone got better ideas?

Ā 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

32/31 offenses are flat-out awful, and 25/29 defenses are barely usable for enemy phase. 29 Res is crap for Res comparisons. 45 HP can work for HP comparisons, but not against armors.

I lean towards HP comparison. You might not hit all armors, but they are just armor units who moves at snail's pace, so I would not worry too much about not affecting them. The more mobile Edelgards also are not going to try to win an HP contest in most cases (and if they are runningĀ HP+5, they should be easier to deal with). HP comparison is most useful for countering nukes in general by inflicting Panic, getting rid of some Specials, and limiting some mobility. Luminous Grace helps you maintain high HP, and you can use the unit to act as a healer.

+HP
Luminous Grace
(Any Refine)
(Any Rally) ā€” Ardent Sacrifice ā€” Reciprocal Aid
R Duel Infantry ā€” HP+5
(Any Pulse Tie) ā€”Ā Sudden Panic
Panic Ploy ā€”Ā Stall Ploy
HP+5

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards HP comparison. You might not hit all armors, but they are just armor units who moves at snail's pace, so I would not worry too much about not affecting them. The more mobile Edelgards also are not going to try to win an HP contest in most cases (and if they are runningĀ HP+5, they should be easier to deal with). HP comparison is most useful for countering nukes in general by inflicting Panic, getting rid of some Specials, and limiting some mobility. Luminous Grace helps you maintain high HP, and you can use the unit to act as a healer.

+HP
Luminous Grace
(Any Refine)
(Any Rally) ā€” Ardent Sacrifice ā€” Reciprocal Aid
R Duel Infantry ā€” HP+5
(Any Pulse Tie) ā€”Ā Sudden Panic
Panic Ploy ā€”Ā Stall Ploy
HP+5

That'd be fine for within the HoF, but it's once you leave the HoF that it become something of an issue.

If all you want is an HP checker, you can use Virion, who has high HP and Sudden Panic built into his Prf bow.
If you want an HP checker among Infantry Red Tomes, both Erk and Henry have equal HP to Lorenz. Henry has iffy stat distribution but is equipped to be more defensive than Lorenz, while Erk has better offenses but lower defenses. Lorenz tries to be both but comes off not being good at either.
And if you want an HP checker among Three Houses units, Balthus just outright has higher HP, as long as you don't mind hindering his abilities as an offensive unit.

All of the above are 3*4* summons, making them much less expensive to get to at least +8 merge, and 2 of them are Gen1 infantry units and are thus able to get even MORE HP.. At this point the only positive to Lorenz is that you can build him however you want within HoF, but it's not like HP check skills are that expensive to begin with. Pulse Tie maybe, Stall Ploy most definitely considering how recently it was released.

@Diovani Bressan Whoops, didn't know that.

...oh well. Not a huge personal loss to me, I don't actually like the Christmas 2021 inheritable weapons that much TBH.

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards HP comparison. [snip]

I hate to admit it when you're right since your suggestions tend to be for roles I don't care about, but I can't really argue with your assessment here.

I'm probably going to try to grab these skills:

Luminous Grace+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky
R Duel Infantry 4
Even Pulse Tie 3
Stall Ploy 3
[doesn't matter]

The Assist pick is because the healing Assist skills are easy to come by, so it's more worth it to grab something harder to get. I typically aim for Rally Atk/Spd+, but Harsh Command+ might make more sense with this skill set.Ā Stall Ploy is also because it's harder to get, asĀ I can get Panic Ploy off of a spare Zelgius. Even Pulse Tie over Odd Pulse Tie because, even though it's easier to get, I'm not planning on pulling Kurthnaga ever again (he's already +10) and Odd Pulse Tie doesn't have an effect until turn 3 when under player control.

Ā 

Just now, Xenomata said:

That'd be fine for within the HoF, but it's once you leave the HoF that it become something of an issue.

If all you want is an HP checker, you can use Virion, who has high HP and Sudden Panic built into his Prf bow.
If you want an HP checker among Infantry Red Tomes, both Erk and Henry have equal HP to Lorenz. Henry has iffy stat distribution but is equipped to be more defensive than Lorenz, while Erk has better offenses but lower defenses. Lorenz tries to be both but comes off not being good at either.
And if you want an HP checker among Three Houses units, Balthus just outright has higher HP, as long as you don't mind hindering his abilities as an offensive unit.

All of the above are 3*4* summons. At this point the only positive to Lorenz is that you can build him however you want within HoF, but it's not like HP check skills are that expensive to begin with. Pulse Tie maybe, Stall Ploy most definitely considering how recently it was released.

With Dragonflowers (even if I'm not going to use them on them), Lorenz has more HP than Erk and loses to Henry by only 1 point (and Virion by 2). Erk is currently notable for having the best offenses among the 4-star red tomes, and there's no good reason to sacrifice his performance in an offensive role to function as a debuffer. Henry has far more questionable combat performance, but he still has an exclusive weapon and stats that allow him to function with a Litrraven + Triangle Adept build. Lorenz is stuck (presumably permanently) without an exclusive weapon, and pretty much any combat build he could run is outdone by Aelfric or Pelleas. The fact that Lorenz is good at neither offensive nor defensive performance is actually an argument supporting making him a dedicated debuffer.

Balthus is in the same boat as ErkĀ where his combat performance is good enough that it would be a waste to give it up to function as a debuffer. Additionally, "hindering" a unit's combat performance is a bit of an understatement when building a unit for HP-based debuffing since you'd ideally be giving up all 4 passive skill slots for debuffing purposes.

43 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

All of the above are 3*4* summons, making them much less expensive to get to at least +8 merge, and 2 of them are Gen1 infantry units and are thus able to get even MORE HP.. At this point the only positive to Lorenz is that you can build him however you want within HoF, but it's not like HP check skills are that expensive to begin with. Pulse Tie maybe, Stall Ploy most definitely considering how recently it was released.

I mean, it is not exactly expensive to build him as a nuke, and it is not like he has access to orĀ can make use ofĀ more expensive nuking skills in the first place.

As a nuke, he is realistically only going to be running the classic Blade mage build (or Fox if you want to be a bit more fancy), which is generally dirt cheap. He cannot run something like SurgesĀ or Flows to make him function better, even if you can afford it. The only premium nuking option he might want is Fatal Smoke, but even then, Savage Blow is far cheap and better in general, and I do not think he can safely apply Fatal Smoke in PvP without gimping his damage output with Impact and Sweeps.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Dragonflowers (even if I'm not going to use them on them), Lorenz has more HP than Erk and loses to Henry by only 1 point (and Virion by 2). Erk is currently notable for having the best offenses among the 4-star red tomes, and there's no good reason to sacrifice his performance in an offensive role to function as a debuffer. Henry has far more questionable combat performance, but he still has an exclusive weapon and stats that allow him to function with a Litrraven + Triangle Adept build. Lorenz is stuck (presumably permanently) without an exclusive weapon, and pretty much any combat build he could run is outdone by Aelfric or Pelleas. The fact that Lorenz is good at neither offensive nor defensive performance is actually an argument supporting making him a dedicated debuffer.

Balthus is in the same boat as ErkĀ where his combat performance is good enough that it would be a waste to give it up to function as a debuffer. Additionally, "hindering" a unit's combat performance is a bit of an understatement when building a unit for HP-based debuffing since you'd ideally be giving up all 4 passive skill slots for debuffing purposes.

Actually while thinking about it... I'm not actually sure why one would want to use a Red Tome infantry specifically as an HP checker. Aside from access to a Recover Ring-granting weapon (shared with Blue Tome Inf), most units would be perfectly able as an HP checker.
So... yeah not sure why I argued that point. Again if I want an HP checker, I'll just use Virion (maybe Aversa if you held a gun to my head to force me to)

As to 3H characters specifically, Balthus also had the highest HP among those in the 4* pool who would be able to perform HP checks. (Ferdinand cannot inherit Sudden Panic, leaving only his C slot to do any HP checks with). To be fair Mercedes and Linhardt can hit 59 and 58 HP each when invested, and they would otherwise not be performing any true combat roles otherwise. Solon also merits mention, since he's a RTI with high enough HP to pass HP checks and no combat effects on his Prf weapon, meaning nothing would be lost by making him an HP checker, and since he's also a grail unit...

...I mean, I guess I did make it through an entire HoF only building two units, but that was Brave Micaiah and Naesala. Are Dorothea, Ingrid, and Sylvain good enough to make it through without Lorenz...?

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I mean, it is not exactly expensive to build him as a nuke, and it is not like he has access to orĀ can make use ofĀ more expensive nuking skills in the first place.

As a nuke, he is realistically only going to be running the classic Blade mage build (or Fox if you want to be a bit more fancy), which is generally dirt cheap. He cannot run something like SurgesĀ or Flows to make him function better, even if you can afford it. The only premium nuking option he might want is Fatal Smoke, but even then, Savage Blow is far cheap and better in general, and I do not think he can safely apply Fatal Smoke in PvP without gimping his damage output with Impact and Sweeps.

To be fair I only meant he's able to be built however you want in regard to him acquiring Luminous Grace, Sudden Panic/Pulse Tie, and Stall Ploy. Realistically I'm gonna use normal Lysithea if I want a 3H RTI nuke.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

As to 3H characters specifically, Balthus also had the highest HP among those in the 4* pool who would be able to perform HP checks. (Ferdinand cannot inherit Sudden Panic, leaving only his C slot to do any HP checks with). To be fair Mercedes and Linhardt can hit 59 and 58 HP each when invested, and they would otherwise not be performing any true combat roles otherwise. Solon also merits mention, since he's a RTI with high enough HP to pass HP checks and no combat effects on his Prf weapon, meaning nothing would be lost by making him an HP checker, and since he's also a grail unit...

The difference between Lorenz and the other potential picks fromĀ Three HousesĀ is the fact that Lorenz uniquely sucks at combat. There's no reason to use Lorenz in a combat role as both Solon and Aelfric out-perform him on enemy phase by a fairly large margin (even with Solon's exclusive weapon that has no combat effects) and Hubert and both Lysitheas out-perform him on player phase, even when behind on merges.

Although Balthus has the highest HP among the options for an HP debuffer, he is also currently the only non-armor axe fromĀ Three HousesĀ with good mixed bulk. Mercedes and Linhardt might not have true combat roles, but they have worse HP and lack access to consistent HP regenerationĀ (and still have access to Dazzling Staff making them worth using in combat regardless).

The opportunity cost of building another unit for support is simply higher than it is for Lorenz.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm probably going to try to grab these skills:

Luminous Grace+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky
R Duel Infantry 4
Even Pulse Tie 3
Stall Ploy 3
[doesn't matter]

I am pretty sure thatĀ Duel skills are not in Hall of Forms.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am pretty sure thatĀ Duel skills are not in Hall of Forms.

I could have sworn I was offered one in one of the recent Hall of Forms, but maybe I remembered incorrectly.

A quick Google search doesn't find any recent answers (the most recent one I've found was from nearly a year ago).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I could have sworn I was offered one in one of the recent Hall of Forms, but maybe I remembered incorrectly.

A quick Google search doesn't find any recent answers (the most recent one I've found was from nearly a year ago).

I believe Arena skills (Duels) and Aether Raid Skills (AR-O, AR-D and Disarm Trap) are not available in Hall of Forms.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe Arena skills (Duels) and Aether Raid Skills (AR-O, AR-D and Disarm Trap) are not available in Hall of Forms.

I can't confirm this for sure, though I can say that none of the above skills have ever appeared for me in any past HoF, even after the above skills received tier 4 upgrades.

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I can't confirm this for sure, though I can say that none of the above skills have ever appeared for me in any past HoF, even after the above skills received tier 4 upgrades.

In my opinion and based on what I believe:

IS wouldn't want people having access to Duel skills in HoF, especially if one of the Formas is a unit from the 3-4* pool or grails. People would have easy access to high scoring units that can easily merged up to +10.

And since AR skills are useless in Hall of Forms, they probably decided to not have those there as well.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

So... I already don't play Summoner Duels. I just don't like them. And Summoner Duels R is literally just regular duels but with a few extra details added and different rewards.
Rewards which I don't find strong value in. Feathers are one thing, but I'm swimming in more Refining Stones than I have regular weapons that I want to refine, and I only need Sacred Coins to upgrade seals I like, which right now I have all the seals I like upgraded.
Divine Codes and Dragonflowers... yes they will be missed. But what's stopping me from just doing the like 3 CPU battles you get for free at the start and never caring about this event? I just don't like Summoner Duels...

Meanwhile, I still haven't touched regular Summoner Duels after playing three matches against AI opponents (so I don't even have the Duelist's Badge).

And even I do go back to claim the Forma Soul, I'm probably going to give Summoner Duels R the Arena Assault treatmentĀ mostly because I currently can't give that treatment to Arena Assault itself. And by Arena Assault treatment, I mean completely ignore it.

As long as ranked summoner mode gives some king of reward to the bottom tier I'd be willing to play it when it appears

Probably the only way I'd play the default mode in this A/R Canto meta would be an auto battle team that occupiesĀ all squares first turn, get 2 points if opponent doesn't occupy enough squares, quit, and repeat for another 249 times

Yeah, not a fan of the new set up either. Summoner Duels R is basically just another Arena mode like Aether Raids, but worse since you have to grind a bunch of matches. Aether Raids has a system that stops you from playing too much. You can technically play Summoner Duels non stop for like five days straight.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Probably the only way I'd play the default mode in this A/R Canto meta would be an auto battle team that occupiesĀ all squares first turn, get 2 points if opponent doesn't occupy enough squares, quit, and repeat for another 249 times

I actually do not mind the current meta. After slogging through 1,000 Favor with Ike: Brave Mercenary, I am sick of using super tanks in real PvP.Ā  The matches are fast if both sides useĀ ranged cavalry, and trading pieces results in more points for everyone involved in a shorter time frame. Winning is still preferred of course, but losing is not so bad since you still get something for taking out a large portion of the enemy team.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I still haven't touched regular Summoner Duels after playing three matches against AI opponents (so I don't even have the Duelist's Badge).

And even I do go back to claim the Forma Soul, I'm probably going to give Summoner Duels R the Arena Assault treatmentĀ mostly because I currently can't give that treatment to Arena Assault itself. And by Arena Assault treatment, I mean completely ignore it.

Same. I plan to try out Summoner Duels R when I can, but I'm currently away from my desktop for two weeks and I haven't had another way to play Heroes in the meantime.

(Which also means I'll miss the Tempest Trials, but I have extra grails and coins anyway.)

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, not a fan of the new set up either. Summoner Duels R is basically just another Arena mode like Aether Raids, but worse since you have to grind a bunch of matches. Aether Raids has a system that stops you from playing too much. You can technically play Summoner Duels non stop for like five days straight.

I actually do not mind the current meta. After slogging through 1,000 Favor with Ike: Brave Mercenary, I am sick of using super tanks in real PvP.Ā  The matches are fast if both sides useĀ ranged cavalry, and trading pieces results in more points for everyone involved in a shorter time frame. Winning is still preferred of course, but losing is not so bad since you still get something for taking out a large portion of the enemy team.

My problem is that cavalry I invested in canā€™t break A/R save balls. Iā€™d love to be in a position where I could manage even 1 easy kill justĀ to lose to whole thing

PvP sucks.

My least favorite part of Summoner's Duel is waiting forever for your opponent to make a move. Some people are particularly dicks about it too. Running into youtubers, specificallyĀ two whom I actively watch, was funny though.

Edited by Sunwoo