Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 hours ago, Raven said:

I go to check the top players of the recent pvp event and I spot a random @Florete sitting comfy in the literal top 50 players.

Teach me your methods please. 

Oh hi.

Dang, I was ranked 19 when I got to that score. Oh well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well, Lorenz unsurprisingly turned into my carry, and he did surprisingly well carrying me all the way through the top floor, though that's probably because enemies in Hall of Forms aren't particularly strong.

Current set after spending all of my torches:

Luminous Grace+ [Atk]
Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Push 4
Odd Pulse Tie 3
Atk/Spd Menace
Atk/Spd Solo 3

Which is to say I still have none of the passive skills that I want. Wonderful. And the game keeps trying to offer me Luminous Grace+ [Res] every other run, but never [Spd].

Double passive skill options from Infernal maps is pretty cool, or would be if it would give me the skills I'm looking for.

As for the others, Dorothea has Broadleaf Fan+ [Atk], Dance, and Def/Res Menace, Ingrid has Starpoint Lance and Draw Back (and a merge), and Sylvain has Swift Sparrow 3 and Atk/Res Menace (and a merge).

We should be seeing who the next Resplendent hero is soon. Any guesses?

I'm not sure if they'll be the very next one, but I think one of the February Resplendents will be one of the three remaining CYL 1 winners. Probably Brave Lyn. To coincide with the anniversary.

The following characters could be more likely to show up as a Resplendent (or alt) since their JP voice actor voiced a recent unit or Resplendent:

Soleil: Eri Suzuki (Hatari Azura & Leanne)
Elise or Karla: Ayaka Suwa (Hatari Karla, Ninja F!Corrin & Elise)
Gaius: Shinobu Matsumoto (Riev)
M!Corrin: Nobunaga Shimazaki (New Year's Kyza, Ninja M!Corrin)
Myrrh: Mai Kadowaki (Resplendent Ishtar)
Lute: Ai Nagano (Winter Lysithea & Lute)
Azama: Kenji Hamada (Yen'fay)
Frederick or Kaze: Daisuke Ono (Priam)
Jeorge, Karel, Oscar or Zelgius: Junji Majima (Ninja Shinon)
F!Corrin or F!Kana: Satomi Sato (Ninja F!Corrin & Elise)
Fae: Ari Ozawa (Resplendent Serra, Legendary Fae)
Lachesis: Saori Onishi (Halloween Sophia)
Deirdre: Kikuko Inoue (Halloween Rhea)
M!Morgan or Shigure: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Halloween M!Robin)

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The following characters could be more likely to show up as a Resplendent (or alt) since their JP voice actor voiced a recent unit or Resplendent:

I was very confused by the inclusion of Jeorge among Resplendent candidates until I remembered he wasn't Jorge.

20 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I hope the next Resplendent isn't anyone from that list, I like it when it's a bit less predictable.

It easily could, like Ryoma's JP voice actor (Yuichi Nakamura, also voices adult Lyon) had no particularly recent work at the time of Resplendent Ryoma.

No, Nakamura did not voice child Lyon (he shares his actress with Malice) and neither did Ephraim's and Innes's original voice actors for their kid alts for that matter (instead, the actresses for child Ephraim and child Innes telegraphed two at the time future Three Houses alts, Fallen Edelgard and Summer Mercedes respectively).

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hmm... some of the past resplendents JP VAs didn't voice any unit in the past 6+ months.

Well, there is Shiraki Nao who voices Florina. She also voices Shanna, who got a resplendent in October. But I will say both resplendents voices were recorded at the same time as Bridal Shanna.

And Kadowaki Mai that you mentioned, which I edited this post to include her.

Edit: It could be a case of the person who voices the Resplendent Hero also voiced another unit that will be released in the future (next months).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

In terms of stats, Resplendent Deirdre now has base 38/35/30/18/37 before Dragonflowers or 42/39/34/22/41 with max Dragonflowers.

For comparison, Orochi has 42/42/26/26/39 with max Dragonflowers, but lacks an exclusive weapon (and therefore also effective damage against dragons).

Deirdre's Divine Naga, however, is not particularly impressive of a weapon outside of its effective damage against dragons. Other than effective damage, it nullifies the opponent's bonuses, nullifies targeting the lower of Def and Res, and grants +3 to all stats, but the stat bonus requires her visible Res to be 3 higher than the opponent's. While the Res check is doable for most typical units, a lot of bulky dragons have very similar visible Res to her, making it unreliable to get the extra stats against them. It's also worth noting that because the Dull effect on the weapon is an in-combat effect, it does not affect the stat comparison.

Given that her competition as a green dragon counter is Julia for enemy phase and Thrasir and male Legendary Byleth for player phase, there isn't really much of a reason to use Deirdre unless you need a green dragon counter for Arena Assault and don't have the alternatives (granted, all of the alternatives are 5-star exclusives).

And if you aren't using Virtuous Naga on her, then there's no reason at all to run her, as there are plenty of green tomes that are better than her when using the same inheritable weapon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hm... good artwork at least.
Compared to her daughter at least, Deirdre is sporting 2 less HP and Atk and 2 more Spd and Res and Divine Naga, which Julia has exclusive use of Naga. Original Naga sporting Def/Res +4 and enabling Dragon-Close Counter when most all dragons do not do well on PP feels a lot better than Divine Naga getting Dull and all stat +3 if her Res is greater than the foes Res.

Gonna pass on Deirdre for now... maybe I'll consider it if my copy of her gets to be +9, but for now I don't have a reason to resub.

Random thought I had today:

We are getting Valentine Heroes next month and it should have the "dead dad" theme again, because... Why not.

I saw people commenting that Three Houses could be the pick for this year, since we have Jeralt as the dead dad option. That would probably means Byleth getting another alt (which I have to confess I am not a huge fan, since we got Legendary Byleth in December and as Sothis's partner in the Halloween Duo).

If we get 3H, which wouldn't surprised me, I would like Lambert as the dead dad quota. That could also means Dimitri getting a seasonal alt. 

Based in the VA idea, Lambert's JP VA is Shinobu Matsumoto, who voices Riev.

Honestly, I would like Valentine Lambert more than Valentine Jeralt.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Random thought I had today:

We are getting Valentine Heroes next month and it should have the "dead dad" theme again, because... Why not.

I saw people commenting that Three Houses could be the pick for this year, since we have Jeralt as the dead dad option. That would probably means Byleth getting another alt (which I have to confess I am not a huge fan, since we got Legendary Byleth in December and as Sothis's partner in the Halloween Duo).

If we get 3H, which wouldn't surprised me, I would like Lambert as the dead dad quota. That could also means Dimitri getting a seasonal alt. 

Make it a 2-for-1, Duo Lambert and Rodrigue, alts for the Faerghus 4.

Honestly though I would fucking love that.

Alternatively I’d kinda love Adult!Sothis and the Nabateans, but that’s less likely.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And just because I like pointing this out, Jeralt’s JP VA is the same guy that voices Garon (who hasn’t done any work in FEH since voicing Garon).

1 hour ago, TuxedoBird said:

Make it a 2-for-1, Duo Lambert and Rodrigue, alts for the Faerghus 4.

Rodrigue did place pretty close to Jeralt in CYL5, so him turning up as an alt before Jeralt isn’t as unlikely as it seems.

Wow, okay, Resplendent Diedre looks amazing. Hers may be my favorite of the fairy designs. She's just incredibly beautiful there, and not just because of the design, but the brushes and such used to make her artwork, too. I love the lighting choices the artist made.

We'll be getting a Starter Support Pack on the anniversary (2/2/2022) featuring Sothis. The current one, which is being replaced, has:
12 orbs (6 + 6 bonus) + 5* Lyn: Brave Lady + 12 Light's Blessings + 12 Stamina Potions

The new one will have:
12 orbs (6 + 6 bonus) + 5* Sothis: Girl on the Throne + 1,200 Sacred Coins + 12 Dark Blessings

Even if you bought either the Brave Lyn pack or the Black Knight pack, you can buy the Sothis pack.

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, it's kind of amusing that they're putting a mythic hero on one of these.

I mean, Sothis is pretty outdated at this point and to my understanding was never that great on AR Defense (where she was intended to be used) anyways.

But on the other hand, yeah it is kinda nuts Sothis went from getting 2nd in the 2020 A Hero Rises VG to this two years later.