Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

What would hypothetically happen is that I'll think "oh, three months, that's plenty of time" and keep procrastinating and then suddenly the multiplier is gone and I'll have barely gotten anything from it. The double SP being 7 days a week instead of 3 days is fairly meaningless I think.

One concerning thing is whether it means quintuple SP multipliers as a regular event might be gone permanently. They already took it away from Golden Week.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Hi guys, I have an OG Cecilia +Atk +10, +15 Dragonflowers which I used to use a lot, and now that we have a new alt, I would like to update my OG. Her current set is: 

Tome of order [Special] - Reposition - Glimmer

Close Counter - Quick Riposte - Spe/Def Rouse - Bastion Def/Res

With her current set, she ends up with the following stats: 43/53/32(38)/33(39)/40. 

The best way to improve her A skill is foddering the next Gatekeeper that comes into my barracs, but I’m not sure how could I improve her B skill. I was thinking on Flow Guard, but I don’t think 38 is enough speed to leave QR. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys, I have an OG Cecilia +Atk +10, +15 Dragonflowers which I used to use a lot, and now that we have a new alt, I would like to update my OG. Her current set is: 

Tome of order [Special] - Reposition - Glimmer

Close Counter - Quick Riposte - Spe/Def Rouse - Bastion Def/Res

With her current set, she ends up with the following stats: 43/53/32(38)/33(39)/40. 

The best way to improve her A skill is foddering the next Gatekeeper that comes into my barracs, but I’m not sure how could I improve her B skill. I was thinking on Flow Guard, but I don’t think 38 is enough speed to leave QR. Any ideas?

Which mode are you using her in? In PvE, generally anything goes. In PvP, I do not think Close Counter is really worth it since she does not have the stats nor enough effects to compete with melee units.

Flow skills are restricted to melee units. Ranged units cannot use Flows.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Which mode are you using her in? In PvE, generally anything goes. In PvP, I do not think Close Counter is really worth it since she does not have the stats nor enough effects to compete with melee units.

Flow skills are restricted to melee units. Ranged units cannot use Flows.

Mostly PvE, since I don’t think she’s good enough for PvP modes (it’s no longer the age of Reinhardt and Brave Lyn). 

The thing is that I still find her kit pretty outdated for actual PvE content. What about Lull Atk/Res? 🤔

7 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Mostly PvE, since I don’t think she’s good enough for PvP modes (it’s no longer the age of Reinhardt and Brave Lyn). 

The thing is that I still find her kit pretty outdated for actual PvE content. What about Lull Atk/Res? 🤔

Ranged non-armor units do not have a lot of good tanking skills on the B slot, so Lull Atk/Spd and Lull Atk/Res would be your best bet. I assume you want her to focus on blue and colorless since you are using her Refined Weapon.

Slow tank:
+Atk/Def
Tome of Order [special]
Reposition -- Swap
Ruptured Sky -- Glimmer
Close Reversal
Lull Atk/Res
Atk Smoke -- Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte

Fast tank:
+Spd
Tome of Order [special]
Ruptured Sky -- Glimmer
Close Counter Spd Stance (does not exist yet)
Lull Atk/Spd
Spd Smoke -- Pulse Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd/Def) -- Quick Riposte -- Mystic Boost

Edited by XRay

The next Hall of Forms has... ooh, quite the lineup.

1. Red: Fallen Julia
  2. Blue: Dancer Eldigan (grail, seasonal)
  3. Green: Dancer Lachesis (demote, seasonal)
  4. Colorless: Dancer Ethlyn (seasonal)

That's 3 units who you can make the Dancer. Technically you'd only need one Dancer, and in fact it doesn't seem like you'd need more than two since having 3 would mean only Julia could be danced, but... still, there's some interesting pulls from here...

The following skills will also be made available starting from this upcoming HoF (taken from twitter)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTQ4SiHWUAA7u0m?format=jpg&name=orig

Edited by Xenomata

For my purposes a Near Trace dancer might be interesting. That's probably the only possibility I feel. But I gather the main appeal of Eldigan is as an AR unit to counter Mila, which is an irrelevant mode for me. I have 1.67 Forma Souls at the moment and that'll go to 2 once I spark on the CYL re-run next week.

_____

As for Cecilia, I'm tempted to make a max investment one but I'm worried about being disappointed with the final result. She's +10 but has a budget build, however I'm totally willing to Ascend, Summoner Support, max Dragonflower, etc. But I can't tell how good that'd be, plus I'm still missing key fodder anyway. Obviously the dream would be something like Atk/Spd Catch, S/R Far Trace and Spd/Res Menace but I only have the Far Trace, and it's from Harmonic Azura. I'm probably better off getting the Child L'Arachel manual instead for Push instead of Fury but I'm barely halfway to be able to afford that. If she ever receives a Resplendent...

On 5/20/2022 at 6:39 AM, Xenomata said:

God, what would happen if I ran one of these guys with the TT bonus... that'd be what, 240 SP per kill?

Yes. 3 SP base x 2 from Blessing x 2 from Valor x 2 from Weekend Bonus x 2 from TT/FB x 5 from Customization Pack = 240 SP per kill.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:16 AM, Humanoid said:

One concerning thing is whether it means quintuple SP multipliers as a regular event might be gone permanently. They already took it away from Golden Week.

Yeah... That's one thought I had. I can see them releasing a new Customization Pack every 3 months, so people have to buy it to keep the quintuple SP multiplier.

However, if it's not the case of killing the F2P 5x SP, then 600 SP per kill sounds interesting.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

However, if it's not the case of killing the F2P 5x SP, then 600 SP per kill sounds interesting.

Makes me think back to that one glitch where resetting a Hero Battle while an SP multiplier was active made the multiplier stack on itself, meaning you could get maxSP just by resetting the Raven/Lucius BHB running at the time a couple times until the multiplier looped back into single-digit numbers...

On 5/21/2022 at 7:32 AM, XRay said:

Ranged non-armor units do not have a lot of good tanking skills on the B slot, so Lull Atk/Spd and Lull Atk/Res would be your best bet. I assume you want her to focus on blue and colorless since you are using her Refined Weapon.

Slow tank:
+Atk/Def
Tome of Order [special]
Reposition -- Swap
Ruptured Sky -- Glimmer
Close Reversal
Lull Atk/Res
Atk Smoke -- Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte

Fast tank:
+Spd
Tome of Order [special]
Ruptured Sky -- Glimmer
Close Counter Spd Stance (does not exist yet)
Lull Atk/Spd
Spd Smoke -- Pulse Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd/Def) -- Quick Riposte -- Mystic Boost

Thanks! I’ll consider everything you said 🙂

On 5/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

3 SP base x 2 from Blessing x 2 from Valor x 2 from Weekend Bonus x 2 from TT/FB x 5 from Customization Pack = 240 SP per kill.

Just in case anyone wanted to know how much SP a TT bonus unit would get from level 1-40 training: I ran 5* Bride Larum through with all of the above multipliers active, and had her learn the following skills throughout:

• Bridal Sunflower refine (350)
  • Daylight/Noontime (inherited, 150/300)
  • Life and Death 3 (inherited, 75/150/300)
  • Wings of Mercy (inherited, 90/180/360)
  • Guidance (60/120/240)

With 2,375 sp spent while leveling up, Larum hit the 9,999 SP cap from doing the Normal-1, Normal-2, Hard-1, and Hard-2 TT runs with every kill given to her. She might have gotten more if she also had to learn an assist (positioning assists are150sp, 225sp if inherited), and of course the total SP spent will vary depending on the units skill lists and inherited skills (Tier 3 specials like Aether or Galeforce cost 750sp alone if inherited), but you would still have more than enough SP to afford it.

...god I sound like a damn spokesperson for this customization pack... I just wanted the Askr Castle Library...

Looks like our next Resplendent Hero is Jotunheim Effie. Based on Nott's design in contrast to Amelia, who is based on Dagr.

chara_img_00005014000035_01.png?time=165

Spoiler

chara_img_00005014000035_02.png?time=165

Spoiler

chara_img_00005014000035_03.png?time=165

Spoiler

chara_img_00005014000035_04.png?time=165

Fitting. Very fitting. And the art looks great. Those muscles on her thighs are really something.

That said, I can't really say I like the open shoes. They look a bit out of place with how much armor she has on. In comparison, Amelia also has open shoes, but has lighter armor.

For stats, she'll have 55/45/27/38/28 at +0 merge with maximum Dragonflowers.

Unfortunately, her weapon is rather underwhelming, granting an effective +11/+0/+5/+5, but only for the first round of combat during each phase, and only +6 Atk afterwards. This leaves her poorly equipped for Aether Raids and high-level PvE maps where defensive units are expected to fight multiple rounds of combat on the first turn. She is still usable in the Arena, but she only scores in the 170 score bucket, whereas modern infantry score in the 180 score bucket, which kind of defeats the purpose of using an armor.

Her base stats and weapon give her very high Atk and HP, but her middling Spd stat and low stat total means her Def and Res are lower than usual for an armor. Even with the Resplendent stat boost, she falls behind Valbar in every stat except Atk when compared to other 4-star lance armors, and she also falls behind Brave Hector in every stat except HP and Atk on top of lacking the mountain of skill effects on Hector's weapon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Muspell Gaius tosses some lollipops into the air before posing as in his default art. That is pretty cute, not gonna lie.

As for Effie, it can be said with unfortunate certainty that she is outdated. Her base weapon's refine only activating Atk/Def -5e and Foe Bonus neutralization during her first combat is kind of lame, and if made into a Near Save unit she may not have it triggered at all times unless careful positioning is considered. Even the base effect of +6 Atk if she is above 50% HP is kind of lame when compared to all the other Lance Armors available, which is kind of the biggest issue with her... that her competition is numbered and heavily armed. Notable examples include Brave Hector, Christmas Ephraim, Pirate Surtr, and Fallen Hardin, with refines for Valentine Rudolf and Forsyth on the distant horizon.

That said, she is the only one in the summonable 3*/4* pool with a refinable weapon and good Atk (Gwendolyn being more Def than Atk), so if one is able to built her up then she can certainly still make a sizable dent in the enemy.

Looking at Effie's stats again, she does have a specific niche and that's as a player-phase armor on an armor ball team. Her Atk stat is easily the highest of all melee armors due to having both a very high base Atk stat being only 2 points behind the current leader and having a monstrous +11 Atk on her weapon for the first round of combat on each phase, which makes her suitable for running Bold Fighter and providing Armor March support for the team's Save tanks to keep up. The "first round of combat" limitation becomes trivial if you're using the unit only on player phase.

Basically, she optimally runs

Effie [+Atk]
Effie's Lance [unique]
[Assist]
Bonfire
Sturdy Surge
Bold Fighter 3
Armor March 3
Death Blow 3 / Atk/* Solo 3 / Blade Session 3

Her only real competition for this role is Winter Ephraim due to having only slightly lower Atk in exchange for a conditional Brave weapon, but he is a 5-star Special Hero and is therefore harder to both obtain and merge.

I’m really happy that Effie is next in the resplandent line 🙂

I liked her a lot in fates and +10ed her here in feh, but her kit was pretty outdated. Maybe I can do something new with her!

What I really don’t like that much about her is the new art. Was there any previous art of her without the big armor? With such an armor, I always imagined her being either a muscled girl or more fat than average, but the new art depicts her too slim for such a big armor (talking about her usual pink armor, not the new one).

12 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

What I really don’t like that much about her is the new art. Was there any previous art of her without the big armor? With such an armor, I always imagined her being either a muscled girl or more fat than average, but the new art depicts her too slim for such a big armor (talking about her usual pink armor, not the new one).

This is the best I could find, from Yusuke Kozaki, the Character Designer and Illustrater of Awakening and Fates as well as occasional illustrator for the original Fire Emblem TCG, Cipher, and Heroes:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/0a/9e/eb0a9e229a83b4154b2274f23f8f9737.jpg

In fairness, Effie has never looked anything other than slim even with her original pink armor on.

Edited by Xenomata

I'd also have preferred the heavy armour look to be retained, but the new art is an improvement overall and would be even if the only change was to remove the weird vaseline-smudged look of all of the old artist's art.

Effie isn't a particular favorite, but I like her well enough as far as Fates characters go. And her art is good, so that's a bonus. Since we just got Gaius and Effie is next, two very common characters to summon, I'd bet on a rarer 5☆ unit to come after Effie.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Other than the ludicrously large fantasy pauldrons, Effie's original armor isn't any bulkier than real-life armor, and real-life armor can be worn just fine with only a standard athletic build.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

even if the only change was to remove the weird vaseline-smudged look of all of the old artist's art.

Meet me after school behind the gym.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looking at Effie's stats again, she does have a specific niche and that's as a player-phase armor on an armor ball team. Her Atk stat is easily the highest of all melee armors due to having both a very high base Atk stat being only 2 points behind the current leader and having a monstrous +11 Atk on her weapon for the first round of combat on each phase, which makes her suitable for running Bold Fighter and providing Armor March support for the team's Save tanks to keep up. The "first round of combat" limitation becomes trivial if you're using the unit only on player phase.

That is an interesting idea, but still feels like the player is better off investing in Arden for that role if they ever need it, since he can quad and got Guard on player phase. His individual attacks might not hit as hard, but he can trigger Ignis reliably and that is lethal considering his sky high Def, and he can even trigger it twice in one round of combat from time to time.

I think they could have just given her Meisterlanze and call it a day, and it would still be great.

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is an interesting idea, but still feels like the player is better off investing in Arden for that role if they ever need it, since he can quad and got Guard on player phase. His individual attacks might not hit as hard, but he can trigger Ignis reliably and that is lethal considering his sky high Def, and he can even trigger it twice in one round of combat from time to time.

I think they could have just given her Meisterlanze and call it a day, and it would still be great.

With my example build, Effie has a massive 19-point Atk lead over Arden, coming out to 92 effective Atk, which allows Effie to hit harder against opponents with more than 54 Def, especially if the opponent has Guard and blocks Effie's Bonfire and Arden's Ignis. Effie also has a Dull effect on her weapon, which allows her to have a potential 25-point Atk lead over Arden if the opponent is buffed.

Effie also has a 13-point Spd lead, giving her the ability to break follow-up prevention on slower armors. With an Ascended Spd Asset (not entirely sure why you'd actually do this, but it's an option), she can even double Brave Hector and straight-up deletes him if he isn't running a dedicated melee tank build. While neither of them are capable of killing Fallen Edelgard in one round of combat, Effie is fast enough to double, matching the primary advantage of Arden's Meister weapon and allowing Effie's significantly higher Atk to put a larger dent into Edelgard's HP.

Arden's primary advantage over Effie is his Meister weapon, which gives him an edge against opponents with Null Follow-Up and allows him to kill opponents with middling bulk (high enough to avoid a one-hit kill from Effie, but low enough to die in two hits from Arden) before they can counterattack.

The Guard effect on his weapon is nice, but with Effie having 119 single-hit physical bulk and 88 two-hit physical bulk, Effie can typically afford to eat a Special on the first counterattack as long as the opponent isn't green if she kills on her follow-up attack, and Surge recovers a massive 70% of her max HP when her own Special activates.

As far as more minor differences, Effie also has a respectable 14-point lead (effectively 20 points if the opponent's Atk is buffed) in Res, allowing her to more safely engage dragons, even if her Res isn't high enough to reliably contest Dragon Wall, whereas Arden's Res stat is laughably bad.

Effie also has better availability, coming from the 4-star pool instead of using Grails.

As previously mentioned, both Effie and Arden have a crap stat total for Arena, coming in only at the 170 bucket, whereas modern melee infantry are in the 180 bucket, making both of them ill-suited for the standard Arena. You're honestly better off just using Skasaher, Ninja Corrin, or anyone with a Duel skill in the standard Arena.

Both of them are also not great in Aether Raids, with Effie's weapon effect condition preventing her from being used effectively as a tank and Arden's color getting him deleted by Brave Eirika (who ignores his Guard and can tank Arden's counterattack) and Seiros (who hits his awful Res and can tank Arden's counterattack).

I think both of them are niche units at this point, so whether you care to build one or the other depends either on a very specific need or favoritism.

The Keeper of Faith Forging Bonds revival is here, and with that a new Twitter Poll is available to decide which New Heroes Banner & Forging Bonds event will return in July.

It's been around 4 hours since the Poll started, and the options with their respective percentage of votes (the combined votes of both FEH Twitter accounts) are:

1. Mirabilis and More, currently with 16% of votes;
  2. Abyss & Múspell, currently with 38.8% of votes;
  3. NH & Ascended Fjorm, currently with 24.5% of votes;
  4. NH & Ascended Laegjarn, currently with 20.7% of votes.

Looks like it's finally time for Mirabilis to give up, unless people rally her because of memes. Meanwhile, as I already expected, Abyss & Múspell is winning this Twitter Poll.

The next poll, scheduled for July, will have "Ash and More" and "NH & Ascended Joshua" as option in place of the winner and loser of this month's Poll. Honestly, I can easily see the Sacred Stones banner being the one to lose next time.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The Keeper of Faith Forging Bonds revival is here, and with that a new Twitter Poll is available to decide which New Heroes Banner & Forging Bonds event will return in July.

It's been around 4 hours since the Poll started, and the options with their respective percentage of votes (the combined votes of both FEH Twitter accounts) are:

1. Mirabilis and More, currently with 16% of votes;
  2. Abyss & Múspell, currently with 38.8% of votes;
  3. NH & Ascended Fjorm, currently with 24.5% of votes;
  4. NH & Ascended Laegjarn, currently with 20.7% of votes.

Looks like it's finally time for Mirabilis to give up, unless people rally her because of memes. Meanwhile, as I already expected, Abyss & Múspell is winning this Twitter Poll.

The next poll, scheduled for July, will have "Ash and More" and "NH & Ascended Joshua" as option in place of the winner and loser of this month's Poll. Honestly, I can easily see the Sacred Stones banner being the one to lose next time.

I don't particularly care about this poll, but personally I want Sacred Stones to get rerun. I ended up skipping it to spark for Winter Artur and Legendary Eirika instead, would be nice to get another shot at it.

Can't say I'd spark on any of those banners, but I guess the individual unit I'd want the most is Laegjarn. I mean, I know Yuri is probably *the* meta unit, but screw that guy.