• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Tomorrow I'll debut my L!Dimitri with Spd Smoke 4 in the Arena. I hope he makes good use of it.
Also, Kagero bonus week, so I'll have a shot at making T21. And hopefully I can get some merges for L!M!Byleth to get him on my core.

As expected, Abyss & Muspell won the poll and will get a rerun in July. Meanwhile, the terrible banner that was being hard carried by a Mythic Hero is finally dead. Goodbye and good riddance.

So, the next poll will be between Ascended Fjorm, Ascended Laegjarn, Ash and Ascended Joshua. I’m honestly not sure who’ll win between A!Fjorm and Ash. I am confident in saying that A!Joshua is doomed to get last though.

Now that we have the returning Legendary/Mythics lineup for the next months, I can plan my future orb spending. (If someone here is F2P like I am and have a hard time budgeting orbs, this is what worked for me: Write up your short/mid/long term goals, write your priorities in the game and then plan where to spend strategically. Stick to your plans!).

I'm almost 100% skipping everything in june. If the midbook has a Mythic and it is an offense Mythic, I will consider pulling for it. I'll probably not do it tho.
July is where my priorities come. First and foremost, I want to +10 L!Dimitri (at +8 right now). With a guaranteed spark, I think I have good chances, but I have to finish him now because he's probably returning a long way ahead in the future. Second goal is to get at least 2 more merges for my L!Tiki on the Remix banner. She's at +6 and I don't think I'll be able to +10 her now, so 2 merges put me at the half way point and I can go for it when she returns. There are some more heroes I'd like to get merges on those two banners, so thats a bonus.

If I stick to this, I should be able to go for both sparks with the orbs from June and that will leave me with close to 300 orbs at the end of July. Dimitri could refuse to appear, so I may have to spend a bit of it to secure the +10. I don't want to plan way ahead for August yet, but CYL is very tempting to go for at least one spark and the Legendary banner has some merge projects of mine. That alone would eat up my August F2P orb income, making it more important to save on June. But august plans are still muddy water.

My mid/long term goals are to finish my Arena Water and Wind core (L!Dimitri, L!M!Byleth, L!Tiki and L!Claude) and get some merges on my offensive mythics to have an easier time reaching T39 (doing it pretty often at the moment, but some of the time I cut really close).

Can anyone tell what's different about Tharja's sprite? I looked at the two versions in the update notification for a while and couldn't see anything.

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

Can anyone tell what's different about Tharja's sprite? I looked at the two versions in the update notification for a while and couldn't see anything.

Tharja's bangs will now cast a shadow over her eyes, similar to her base, wedding, and easter sprites.
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/ja/img/topics/detail/img_20220601_04.pnghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/ja/img/topics/detail/img_20220601_05.png

It kind of also looks like the glow on Plegian Torch's flame is different... but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be on purpose.

With Kent, Sain, Guy, and Limstella all coming to Heroes, Blazing Blade just got four of its five most-wanted characters previously not yet in the game. The only character in the previous Top 5 not yet in the game is Athos. Athos, Wil, Nergal, Oswin, and Marcus are now the five most-wanted Blazing characters not yet in Heroes, all men and only one of them is under the age of 21. It'll be interesting to see how they handle another Blazing banner, if we get another one before Heroes ends. Athos is more likely to be a Legendary or Mythic unit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nergal as a GHB or on the next Fallen banner. If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Blazing banner was Wil, Oswin, Ascended Nino, and Isadora jumping ranks to add another female presence. Honestly, Blazing is pretty darn well represented now, the only two big major characters left to add are Athos and Nergal.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Blazing banner was Wil, Oswin, Ascended Nino, and Isadora jumping ranks to add another female presence.

I could see a lineup like Ascended Rebecca, Isadora, Marcus, Lowen (demote) and Harken (GHB) happening next.

At the very least, please give Rebecca a Resplendent IS. I don’t even have any particular attachment to or investment in her, I just want her to finally have good art.

FE7's missing playable characters are:

1. Athos
  2. Wil
  3. Oswin
  4. Marcus
  5. Lowen
  6. Dart
  7. Isadora
  8. Harken
  9. Geitz
  10. Vaida
  11. Wallace
  12. Renault
  13. Merlinus
  14. Bartre

Athos and Merlinus both seem unlikely to be on future FE7 banners for different reasons, but I wonder what they might do with the others. That's about four banners' worth, although they could stretch it to five with enough NPCs.

In addition to Marcus/Lowen/Isadora/Harken, some other sets of associated characters are Wil/Wallace/Natalie/Lundgren, Dart/Geitz/Fargus, and Oswin/Uther. Vaida, Renault, Bartre, and Ephidel don't fit in as easily but could fill other slots, as well as Nergal if he doesn't end up as a mythic. Ascended Heroes mean gender balance is likely a moot point, which does help make these believable.

23 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I could see a lineup like Ascended Rebecca, Isadora, Marcus, Lowen (demote) and Harken (GHB) happening next.

At the very least, please give Rebecca a Resplendent IS. I don’t even have any particular attachment to or investment in her, I just want her to finally have good art.

I could see that, as well. I'd have to wonder, though, if they'd put in Dart over Marcus, due to Dart's connection to Rebecca and Marcus's potential for being a Binding Blade character instead. They could go Ascended Rebecca for colorless, Isadora for red, Lowen for blue, and Dart for green. Then again, they've thrown color balance and easy character connections to the wind before, so, who knows?

18 hours ago, Othin said:

FE7's missing playable characters are:

1. Athos
  2. Wil
  3. Oswin
  4. Marcus
  5. Lowen
  6. Dart
  7. Isadora
  8. Harken
  9. Geitz
  10. Vaida
  11. Wallace
  12. Renault
  13. Merlinus
  14. Bartre

Athos and Merlinus both seem unlikely to be on future FE7 banners for different reasons, but I wonder what they might do with the others. That's about four banners' worth, although they could stretch it to five with enough NPCs.

In addition to Marcus/Lowen/Isadora/Harken, some other sets of associated characters are Wil/Wallace/Natalie/Lundgren, Dart/Geitz/Fargus, and Oswin/Uther. Vaida, Renault, Bartre, and Ephidel don't fit in as easily but could fill other slots, as well as Nergal if he doesn't end up as a mythic. Ascended Heroes mean gender balance is likely a moot point, which does help make these believable.

That's a good chart for the remaining characters, but I have to wonder about some of them. Like Natalie. Would they really use...Natalie? Some NPCs can make sense, such as Leila, but I can't imagine what they could possibly do with a character like Natalie.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I could see that, as well. I'd have to wonder, though, if they'd put in Dart over Marcus, due to Dart's connection to Rebecca and Marcus's potential for being a Binding Blade character instead. They could go Ascended Rebecca for colorless, Isadora for red, Lowen for blue, and Dart for green. Then again, they've thrown color balance and easy character connections to the wind before, so, who knows?

That's a good chart for the remaining characters, but I have to wonder about some of them. Like Natalie. Would they really use...Natalie? Some NPCs can make sense, such as Leila, but I can't imagine what they could possibly do with a character like Natalie.

Yeah, on further thought she seems difficult to implement in a "normal" version. Given her votes, she could be a good seasonal candidate, but that's probably it.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, on further thought she seems difficult to implement in a "normal" version. Given her votes, she could be a good seasonal candidate, but that's probably it.

Maybe as a backup to Dorcas in a Duo unit, like a summer seasonal or a wedding seasonal.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Dagger. It's always dagger.

Speaking of daggers, the next Resplendent Hero is Nifl Matthew:

chara_img_00003002000003_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003002000003_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003002000003_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003002000003_04.png?time=165

As usual, the art is quite solid. And this one also has a themed weapon design. It's always really disappointing when the art gets a cool weapon design to match the theme, but we can't actually change the weapon skin on the sprite to match it.

Unfortunately, his stats are still awful, and his weapon refine is outdated. Offensively, you're better off using Legault, Kaze, or Gaius, and defensively, you're better off using a unit that isn't an infantry dagger. Sure, if you can land -6 to all stats on the opponent, he can hit pretty hard with his weapon's Dominance effect, but the first 10 or so points of Penalties added to his Atk just fix his awful Atk stat, and the next 5-10 points of Penalties just allow him to match his competition's weapons' stat boosts.

And then Legault gets additional Atk from Windex's effect on top of that.

For comparison (all units with max Dragonflowers and a Spd Asset):

• Legault has -10/+14 offenses compared to Matthew if the opponent has -6 to all stats and no Bonuses.
  • Kaze has -8/+10 offenses compared to Matthew if the opponent has -6 to all stats.
  • Resplendent Gaius has -5~7/+6 offenses compared to Matthew if the opponent has -6 to all stats.
  • Cath with Vicious Dagger+ [Spd] has -13/+12 offenses compared to Matthew if the opponent has -6 to all stats.
Edited by Ice Dragon

And so (unsurprisingly) Hawkeye is the last of the nine launch day FE7 units to not have a Resplendent. And he is fairly likely never getting one because of how ridiculously unpopular he is.

As for Resplendent Matthew, meh. The art looks good but he otherwise I'm not particularly excited about this one.

Looking at the stat comparisons again, I suppose there's an argument to use Matthew with an Atk Asset instead of a Spd Asset and just lean fully into a standard Litrblade build if you really, really want to use Matthew. At least his base Atk is still higher than Odin's. Matthew does still need team support to actually land -6/6/6/6 debuffs on the opponent before his attack, though.

At +10+20 with an Atk Asset and -6 to all stats on the opponent, Matthew has 77 Atk, and that can be boosted to 101 effective Atk with

Resplendent Matthew [+Atk]
Spy's Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
[Special]
Atk/Spd Ideal 4
Lull Spd/Def 3 / Spd/Def Tempo 3
[Passive C]
Atk/Spd Solo 3

He can also swap out his B skill for Special Spiral 3 and run a 2-cooldown Special with Infantry Pulse support (or Velouria) for more reliable one-hit kills. He can also run a single-use nuke build with Lethality if you have the resources to waste Lethality on Matthew and have the team support slots to fully charge Lethality and still debuff the opponent.

Unfortunately, Matthew is rendered completely useless by opponents with penalty nullification, most notably Brave Hector, and he is heavily reliant on team support to even function.

Really, you should just use Legault (or Vicious Dagger Cath).

The art looks nice, but ... I can't help but feel that the color scheme doesn't really go with Matthew?

June - July 2022 Schedule

06/11: New Power banner (Picnic Flora, Fallen Berkut, Ranulf, Velouria)

06/12: Lost Lore 
06/13: Limited Hero Battles 
                Lineup should be Three Houses vs. Gonzalez, Tellius vs. Annette & Mercedes, Archanea vs. Hel, Sacred Stones vs. Palla & Catria, and Awakening vs. Legendary F!Corrin
06/14: Frontline Failanx 
06/15: Tempest Trials+ banner and login bonus 
06/16: Heroes with Rally Skills banner
06/17: Special Heroes banner and login bonus, Tempest Trials+ 
06/18: Palla & Catria BHB revival

06/19: Colorless Battle Quests
06/20: Summer Passing banner revival (Mia & Marth, Selena, Joshua, Lute)
06/21: Summer Returns banner revival (Laegjarn, Laevatein, Gunnthra, Helbindi)
06/22: Hall of Forms (should feature Thracia 776 characters)
06/23: Summoner Duels S, Fernand GHB revival, Heroes with Moonbow banner
06/24: Double Special Heroes banner

06/26: Test of a Sword Quests
06/27: Voting Gauntlet login bonus (and banner(s) if any), Heroes Journey
06/29: Heroes with Solo Skills banner
06/30: Legendary Hero banner + Legendary / Mythic Hero Battles
07/01: Voting Gauntlet
07/02: what is probably a Fallen M!Morgan & Fallen F!Morgan BHB + banner

07/04: Summer's Arrival (4*SHSR) banner revival (Tana, Cordelia, Innes, Noire)
07/05: Tempest Trials+ banner and login bonus, Pawns of Loki
07/06: Ylissean Summer (4*SHSR) banner revival (F!Robin, A!Tiki, Frederick, Gaius)
07/07: Special Heroes banner and login bonus, Tempest Trials+, Summoner Duels R
07/08: Arete GHB revival
07/09: New Power banner (should have Bridal Fjorm)

07/10: Cavalry Strike Quests

No, I don't know where the rerun is for Summer Vibrance (Hilda & Marianne, Ashe, Mercedes, Caspar). I know three of those characters are getting rerun on the daily Three Hopes banners, but Hilda & Marianne (along with the other TH Duos and Harmonics) will not be featured on any of those banners.

Didn't realise the next seasonal banner was that imminent, and I believe it should be a Duo one and not a Harmonic which means it's not an auto-skip. Probably not with only ~200 orbs though.

...who was it that always used Matthew? Are they still playing? I'd want to see their opinion on Matthew's art and small boost in stats.

Anyway glad I have nothing huge to miss out on for at least one Resplendent Hero cycle. I don't use Matthew and don't really think I could make him work effectively.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

June - July 2022 Schedule

06/11: New Power banner (Picnic Flora, Fallen Berkut, Ranulf, Velouria)

06/12: Lost Lore 
06/13: Limited Hero Battles 
                Lineup should be Three Houses vs. Gonzalez, Tellius vs. Annette & Mercedes, Archanea vs. Hel, Sacred Stones vs. Palla & Catria, and Awakening vs. Legendary F!Corrin
06/14: Frontline Failanx 
06/15: Tempest Trials+ banner and login bonus 
06/16: Heroes with Rally Skills banner
06/17: Special Heroes banner and login bonus, Tempest Trials+ 
06/18: Palla & Catria BHB revival

06/19: Colorless Battle Quests
06/20: Summer Passing banner revival (Mia & Marth, Selena, Joshua, Lute)
06/21: Summer Returns banner revival (Laegjarn, Laevatein, Gunnthra, Helbindi)
06/22: Hall of Forms (should feature Thracia 776 characters)
06/23: Summoner Duels S, Fernand GHB revival, Heroes with Moonbow banner
06/24: Double Special Heroes banner

06/26: Test of a Sword Quests
06/27: Voting Gauntlet login bonus (and banner(s) if any), Heroes Journey
06/29: Heroes with Solo Skills banner
06/30: Legendary Hero banner + Legendary / Mythic Hero Battles
07/01: Voting Gauntlet
07/02: what is probably a Fallen M!Morgan & Fallen F!Morgan BHB + banner

07/04: Summer's Arrival (4*SHSR) banner revival (Tana, Cordelia, Innes, Noire)
07/05: Tempest Trials+ banner and login bonus, Pawns of Loki
07/06: Ylissean Summer (4*SHSR) banner revival (F!Robin, A!Tiki, Frederick, Gaius)
07/07: Special Heroes banner and login bonus, Tempest Trials+, Summoner Duels R
07/08: Arete GHB revival
07/09: New Power banner (should have Bridal Fjorm)

07/10: Cavalry Strike Quests

No, I don't know where the rerun is for Summer Vibrance (Hilda & Marianne, Ashe, Mercedes, Caspar). I know three of those characters are getting rerun on the daily Three Hopes banners, but Hilda & Marianne (along with the other TH Duos and Harmonics) will not be featured on any of those banners.

Huh, that's an interesting question. Wonder if Hilda will get incorporated into one of the other banners - Double Special Heroes, Voting Gauntlet, Tempest Trials, or even the main Special Heroes banner like with last year's New Year's banner?